• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Hong

The Strongest
To Hell with these stages. I won't even want to play four players with items on Wily's Castle if it will be anything like it was in the demo.

It's not that Mr. Sakurai should be asking if a stage feature will be competitive viable when coming up with ideas. I'm also a competitive player, and I get that not everything is about me. But that's not my problem. Of course not. But what he should be asking if it will create meaningful player reactions. Will they want to engage with the stage element? Will it force them to make variable decisions? Does it compliment Smash Bros? Sometimes, I'm just not feeling it.

There is so much incentive to NOT want to be pissing around the the Yellow Devil unless you have a powerful item or Final Smash. It is one thing to rack up roughly 100% damage on it... it's another thing for your enemy to either be playing the game for the first time, or to knock them into the explosion. Even if they are recovering on the side of the explosion, he will just be making intercepting the recovery more difficult.

Want to know a stage with good hazards? Norfair. I want more stage elements that make gameplay more engaging without disrupting it for everyone without actually presenting us with reasonable decisions.

@ elephant13 elephant13
Fourside is great, but IMO I would bring it back with a wacky colour scheme and call it Moonside. :)

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I think for a Kirby stage, it would be interesting to see the Sphere Doomer mid-boss fight from Return to Dreamland.

There are different designs for each midboss level so there is a lot of possibility for the stage's layout and terrain. It would be cool to see this alongside a Epic Yarn stage since they contrast each other in style. Another option would be the Grand Doomer.

I haven't read up on the whole thread so excuse me if the suggestion has been made.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
I'd love a stage like this.

I also think a mario party gameboard stage would be kinda cool.
And I have to mention jigglypuff cave

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I think for a Kirby stage, it would be interesting to see the Sphere Doomer mid-boss fight from Return to Dreamland.

There are different designs for each midboss level so there is a lot of possibility for the stage's layout and terrain. It would be cool to see this alongside a Epic Yarn stage since they contrast each other in style. Another option would be the Grand Doomer.

I haven't read up on the whole thread so excuse me if the suggestion has been made.
What I'm seeing is an FD that extends downwards to the base line and has walls that initially leave some gap either side of the stage to allow for downwards KOs (albethem easily walljump saved) but gradually move inwards and back out again, sometimes almost halving the stage width even.

Occasionally that golden bird would fly in from the background and, due to his aerial nature, he would not break up fights like the yellow devil. I don't know what his attack pattern would be but it would be somewhat innocuous and, rather than exploding, his death would consist of malting to reveal that his body was a smash ball all along.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Here's a video so you can see more or so how the stage and boss works, as I said each Sphere Doomer has its own level design and unique properties with the Grand Doomer being the most diverse out of the bunch. @ ryuu seika ryuu seika

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I preferred the idea I had from the pictures but thanks for informing me. That boss is needlessly explosive.
If it ever was in, I doubt Sakurai would include the same attack pattern. In all seriousness I'd prefer the Sphere Doomer as a hazard given that it could be a dynamically changing stage and making it a boss would be overkill. That's just my opinion though.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
For a Kirby stage here are some ideas:

1.-Something based on the Marx fight in super starwith awesome music and Marx as a boss or just a hazard. Like the reset bomb stage it would change from this:

To this:

Making it more difficult to fight
2.-Dark star from Kirby 64, with 02 as a boss or a hazard

3.-An alternate boxing ring DDD themed

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze

1.-Something based on the Marx fight in super starwith awesome music and Marx as a boss or just a hazard. Like the reset bomb stage it would change from this:

To this:

1. I see this one happening on 3DS since we saw Superstar Ultra a few years back. Maybe this or Galacta Knight, either way I'm cool.
2. Wasn't 02 fought while flying? How would you see it working?
3.Perfect.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I really hope that its not going to be
melee stages=3ds
Brawl stages=wii u

I hope there are like 4 brawl and 4 melee stages on wii u, and 3 brawl and 3 melee stages on 3ds

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
1. I see this one happening on 3DS since we saw Superstar Ultra a few years back. Maybe this or Galacta Knight, either way I'm cool.
2. Wasn't 02 fought while flying? How would you see it working?
3.Perfect.
Maybe platforms like the ones from Delfino plaza or Skyloft that float around and are chased by 02 and the occasional appearance of miracle matter that uses fire, rock, ice, etc to change/destroy/create platforms

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Maybe platforms like the ones from Delfino plaza or Skyloft that float around and are chased by 02 and the occasional appearance of miracle matter that uses fire, rock, ice, etc to change/destroy/create platforms
I'd take this for a Kirby stage.. Or maybe something akin to Castle Siege but for The Great Cave Offensive

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
That'd be a dope stage, no doubt. Maybe too dope to happen tho XD

LonelyJaguar

Smash Cadet
I'm annoyed with the fact that I like every stage I've seen for the 3DS way more than all of the WiiU ones.. except for maybe Super Mario Galaxy. Why couldn't we have an awesome, huge Rainbow Road on the console instead?? I'll buy both anyway but I'll be playing the WiiU one more, so it just bugs me.

I really LOVE the idea of a Mario Party board type of stage. I'd also love to see Sector Z come back in its whole gigantic glory. Corneria just isn't enough. I wish they'd just bring back all of the stages though.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'm annoyed with the fact that I like every stage I've seen for the 3DS way more than all of the WiiU ones.. except for maybe Super Mario Galaxy. Why couldn't we have an awesome, huge Rainbow Road on the console instead?? I'll buy both anyway but I'll be playing the WiiU one more, so it just bugs me.

I really LOVE the idea of a Mario Party board type of stage. I'd also love to see Sector Z come back in its whole gigantic glory. Corneria just isn't enough. I wish they'd just bring back all of the stages though.
Who says we can't get Space Station Rainbow Road as a stage.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

To this:

Oh jebus if 02 was a boss in a kirby stage that'd be AMAZING

this guys is scary and awesome as hell

Seeing him in smash would be Amaaaazing

LonelyJaguar

Smash Cadet
And the music would be awsome
They already redid that amazing battle song for Brawl, though! :)
- Well I can't post the YT link because i don't have 10 posts yet. <_____< but yeah. 02 battle is a theme on the Halberd stage. It's probably one of my favorite songs they did for Brawl, along with Snowman. :)
Who says we can't get Space Station Rainbow Road as a stage.
Well, I hope we do! Rainbow Road is epic, it deserves a console-sized stage.

Hong

The Strongest
I'd love a stage based on Bowser Castle of the same game.

It can be a neutral stage layout, but periodically the big lava Bowser in the background can punch the stage. :)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'd love a stage based on Bowser Castle of the same game.

It can be a neutral stage layout, but periodically the big lava Bowser in the background can punch the stage. :)
Oh man, Bowser's Castle in Mario Kart almost always has amazing designs. I would love to see a Bowser's Castle stage in smash.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
They already redid that amazing battle song for Brawl, though! :)
- Well I can't post the YT link because i don't have 10 posts yet. <_____< but yeah. 02 battle is a theme on the Halberd stage. It's probably one of my favorite songs they did for Brawl, along with Snowman. :)

Well, I hope we do! Rainbow Road is epic, it deserves a console-sized stage.
Oh yeah, I forgot it... But if ther's a stage based on Dark Star I suppose the would make a new remix. A more darker remix...

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
The smash wiiu really needs a option to turn off stage hazards it is too much and good layouts would be wasted.
You can turn it off via Final Destination Form. I agree. in Wiley's Castle the Yellow Devil appears way to much!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'd love to see this stage. Just like in the game, the background will change.

Hong

The Strongest
Magicant

Magicant was an important location in Mother 1 and 2. Granted, I actually like Mother 1's version of Magicant much more, since I think Queen Mary's castle is rather beautiful. As such, I propose that the two versions are combined. Since Magicant is so arcane and logic-defying in substance, the designers have a lot of freedom to be creative. I imagine it would have an FD layout, but platforms and crazy stuff just phases in and out during the battle.

Music must-haves:
Some version of Pollyanna, the most important song in the series.
Magicant (of course) They could combine it with the EarthBound version.
Mr. Great's Theme, performed again in a studio <--- song better for Fourside/New Pork City if it comes back
Pokey Means Business

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Magicant

Magicant was an important location in Mother 1 and 2. Granted, I actually like Mother 1's version of Magicant much more, since I think Queen Mary's castle is rather beautiful. As such, I propose that the two versions are combined. Since Magicant is so arcane and logic-defying in substance, the designers have a lot of freedom to be creative. I imagine it would have an FD layout, but platforms and crazy stuff just phases in and out during the battle.

Music must-haves:
Some version of Pollyanna, the most important song in the series.
Magicant (of course) They could combine it with the EarthBound version.
Mr. Great's Theme, performed again in a studio <--- song better for Fourside/New Pork City if it comes back
Pokey Means Business
So happy I'm not the only person who want Magicant/thinks it would be a great location for a stage.

Top Bottom