• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also, I hope the boxing stage isn't costumisable. A Punch-Out stage whithout Punch-Out logos isn't a Punch-Out stage.
Judging by the screenshots so far, it seems to depend on whether Little Mac is present on the stage or not.

Note the Diddy Kong screens: only the one that features Little Mac has the ring with Punch-Out logos, while the others have the Smash Bros. ring shown since the first trailer.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Judging by the screenshots so far, it seems to depend on whether Little Mac is present on the stage or not.

Note the Diddy Kong screens: only the one that features Little Mac has the ring with Punch-Out logos, while the others have the Smash Bros. ring shown since the first trailer.
"When Punch-Out Logo joins the battle, Alfonzo attracts attention to the floor!"

Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

Or maybe when you're playing as Rhythm Heaven Wrestler, it becomes a Rhythm Heaven-themed stage! With fans in the background to pose for!

Not gunna lie, you guys, this is starting to grow on me for a stage idea:

Stage: NYC
Game: Punch Out!!
Doc Louis bikes in the background, while the screen follows at a moderate pace, gradually moving in a manner similar to Mushroomy Kingdom from Brawl. The players basically battle on the street with a flat, open battleground, and kill-zones at the sides and top.

Very unlikely Little Mac will get 2 stages, I know, but a guy can dream. :rotfl:
Or maybe Doc Louis and Mac can be stage hazards instead, with Alfonzo filling in for Mac when he joins the battle.

Last edited:

Ove

Smash Journeyman
We need more Wind Waker settings.
Let Pirate Ship pass one or some of these: Dragon Roost Island, Forest Haven, Forsaken Fortress, Outset Island and Beetle's Shop.

It would be an elegant way to showcase some more places from this wonderful game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd love to see another new Wind Waker stage, either a Pirate Ship 2 or any of the wonderful locations such as Outset Island, Dragon Roost Island, Windfall Island, Forest Haven or Hyrule Castle would be great to see. :)

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
magicant would make a cool stage.

it could say it takes place in '' an illusion in someones consciousness'' leaving the player to interpret it takes place in either maria's or ness her/his mind. it could look like a mix between magicant from mother 1 and 2. being surrounded with pink clouds, the pink shell houses ( a little mother 3 reference for you right there ) but also the dali like objects. it would really show the psychedelic vibe of the games, and the well known goofy enemies from the franchise could make an appearance

places like this and the sea of eden ofcourse could he seen in the background, aswell as queen mary's castle maybe

and yes ofcourse when ness is selected, the battle takes place in alfonzo's mind

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
All walk off stages are a waste.

I'm looking at the boxing ring and thinking to myself already "I am never going to play on this stage".

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
All walk off stages are a waste.

I'm looking at the boxing ring and thinking to myself already "I am never going to play on this stage".
You need to learn to have fun :p

The only stage I can think of that I never play on is New Pork City.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I've been thinking about stage distribution and representation as of late. It seems to me that we'll be getting a minimum of one stage per franchise per system, and a maximum of four stages for bigger franchises (two per system).

For instance, Zelda has both Gerudo Valley and Spirit Tracks on the 3DS, and has Skyloft on the Wii U. We'll probably get one more Zelda Wii U stage (possibly from Wind Waker (HD)). And it is improbable that we'll get a third Zelda stage on the Wii U or on the 3DS (though who knows?).

The big series (i.e. Mario/DK/Zelda/Metroid/Kirby/Star Fox/Pokemon) will most likely get four stages each (two per system). All other Veteran series get two (one per system), as do all Newcomers and Third-Parties (Punch-Out has the Boxing Ring on both systems). We might also get a handful of classic/historical/system-specific/etc. stages (and some Brawl carry-overs).

If we suppose that all Brawl Veterans will be returning, and given the current SSB4 roster, then we have 21 franchises represented. We can add Smash (Battlefield and FD), though it's unknown if ROB will get a home stage (for the sake of argument, we'll say he does, bringing up the franchises to 22). We also have Wuhu Island and Nintendogs/Find Mii, which may represent Console and Handheld (I'll assume that they both get two per system).

It also might be that the same stage will be present on each system (e.g. Battlefield, Punch-Out), but it doesn't change that the representation will (probably) be equal across both systems.

So with all this in mind, we can envision at least 33+10 stages per system (66 overall+20), given the currently known roster (and assuming no Brawl cuts and 10 returning Brawl stages). This number will definitely become (much) higher as Newcomers from new franchises are shown (and new categories are revealed).

[collapse=Wii U Stage Distribution]
Mario - 2
Donkey Kong - 2
Zelda - 2
Metroid - 2
Kirby - 2
Star Fox - 2
Pokemon - 2
Smash Bros. - 2
Console - 2

Yoshi - 1
F-Zero - 1
Earthbound - 1

Fire Emblem - 1
Kid Icarus - 1
Pikmin - 1
Ice Climbers - 1
Game & Watch - 1
Gyromite/Stack-Up - 1

Animal Crossing - 1
Wii Fit - 1
Punch-Out!! - 1

Sonic - 1
Metal Gear - 1
Mega Man - 1

Returning Brawl Stages - 10
[/collapse]

[collapse=3DS Stage Distribution]
Mario - 2
Donkey Kong - 2
Zelda - 2
Metroid - 2
Kirby - 2
Star Fox - 2
Pokemon - 2
Smash Bros. - 2
Handheld - 2

Yoshi - 1
F-Zero - 1
Earthbound - 1

Fire Emblem - 1
Kid Icarus - 1
Pikmin - 1
Ice Climbers - 1
Game & Watch - 1
Gyromite/Stack-Up - 1

Animal Crossing - 1
Wii Fit - 1
Punch-Out!! - 1

Sonic - 1
Metal Gear - 1
Mega Man - 1

Returning Brawl Stages - 10
[/collapse]

Brawl had 31+10 (41) stages in total. If we grant my "calculations", then we can have upwards of 70+20 (90) stages in total, allocated across both systems (35+10 or 45 each). This is a huge number, but I expect both systems to have the same number of stages, so such high numbers are inevitable.

Of course, these are all just estimates, but I think they're rooted in reasonable enough suppositions, based on the stages revealed so far. I expect this pattern to prove reliable in the future, until shown otherwise by new evidence.

Thoughts on my pattern observations are welcome. In the meantime, here's a breakdown of confirmed stages (in bold) and probable/desired stages (in brackets) using this pattern:

[collapse=Wii U Stage Roster Mockup]
Gateway Galaxy
[Super Mario 3D World]
[Donkey Kong Country Returns]
[Gangplank Galleon, because K Rool]

Skyloft
[Dragon Roost Island from WW]
Pyrosphere
[Elysia from Prime 3]
[Kirby Epic Yarn]
[Kirby Return to Dreamland]

[Star Fox Stage A]
[Star Fox Stage B]
[Pokemon Stadium 3 (Wii U)]
[Pokemon Stage B]

Battlefield
[Final Destination]
Wuhu Island
[Wii (U) Console]

[Yoshi]
[F-Zero]
[Earthbound]

[Fire Emblem]
Palutena's Temple
Garden of Hope
[Ice Climbers (Wii U)]
[Flatzone 3 (Wii U)]
[Gyromite]

Smashville 2
Wii Fit Gym (Wii U)
Punch-Out Ring (Wii U)

Windy Hill Zone
[Outer Heaven from MGS4]
Dr. Wily's Castle
[/collapse]

[collapse=3DS Stage Roster Mockup]
Super Mario 3D Land
[Mario]
[Donkey Kong]
[Donkey Kong]

Gerudo Valley (OOT3D)
Spirit Train

[Metroid Zero Mission]
[Metroid Prime Hunters]

[Kirby Triple Deluxe]
[Kirby Stage B]

[Star Fox 64 3D]
[Star Fox Command]

[Pokemon Stadium 3 (3DS)]
[Pokemon X and/or Y]

Battlefield
[Final Destination]
Nintendogs Stage
Find Mii Stage

[Yoshi]
[F-Zero]
[Earthbound]

Arena Ferox
KI Reset Bomb Stage
[Pikmin]
[Ice Climbers (3DS)]

[Flatzone 3 (3DS)]
[Stack-Up]

AC New Leaf Stage
Wii Fit Gym (3DS)
Punch-Out Ring (3DS)

[Sonic]
[MGS Portable Ops or Peace Walker Stage]
[Mega Man]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Returning Brawl Stages (Both Systems)]
[Delfino Plaza]
[Rumble Falls]
[Bridge of Eldin]
[Frigate Orpheon]
[Halberd]
[Lylat Cruise]
[Pokemon Stadium 2]
[Yoshi's Island (Brawl)]
[Port Town Aero Dive]
[New Pork City]

[/collapse]

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
You need to learn to have fun :p

The only stage I can think of that I never play on is New Pork City.
I'm into fun. It's just not fun for everyone to pick the character with the good throw like Ness or Mario and run to the edge.

Walk offs are always a waste of a stage.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm into fun. It's just not fun for everyone to pick the character with the good throw like Ness or Mario and run to the edge.

Walk offs are always a waste of a stage.
Well I don't really find that to ruin my fun. I've haven't played many matches with people who just camped at the edge (beause they don't find it fun to camp). The ones who do camp like that I usually punish for being too close to the boundaries or knock them to the centre and try to keep them there.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Well I don't really find that to ruin my fun. I've haven't played many matches with people who just camped at the edge (beause they don't find it fun to camp). The ones who do camp like that I usually punish for being too close to the boundaries or knock them to the centre and try to keep them there.
Why has it become a sin to like to play on the regular stages lately? Yes, I do really think the boxing stages are a waste because anyone who has a good throw will just hang in the corner.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Why has it become a sin to like to play on the regular stages lately? Yes, I do really think the boxing stages are a waste because anyone who has a good throw will just hang in the corner.
It's a sin to have a different opinion to someone else regarding stages? Sorry if I came off like I was treating you like that, I was trying to make discussion regarding our differing opinions on these stages. If understand you don't like them, I was just offering my opnion on them.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I really don't get the 'walk-off stages are a waste' thing. :/ I'm pretty sure you can get KO'ed by throws on other stages, too. Keep away from the sides, then.

Hovering Platform stages = Back Back onto stage!
Walk-off steges = Keep away from sides!

Both needs strategy, I don't see why one of them would be useless.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Anyone who has a good throw and doesn't care about having fun. Seriously, stop it with the hate againist walkoffs.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Personal bias aside, walk-offs have more problems than just "characters with good throws."

The fact that they let you get that close to the blast lines and get almost effortless kills is a legitimate concern, not just opinionated/unwarranted "hate."

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Like anyone here plays with items regularly.[/sarcasm]
Whoosh

EDIT: If you never play with items, they rarely do much to stage balance except giving extra projectile options. So, they don't fix much with walk-offs. So, if you played with items regularly, obvious joke would be obvious.

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I really couldn't care less if the stage was walkoff or not, I just want it to be awesome.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Wouldn't the ring ropes negate a lot of the problems of a walk off stage? Seems there is a very small area that is actually walk off, and that camping there would leave you vulnerable, at the least, to projectile heavy characters while you just kind of sit there taking damage.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Anyone who has a good throw and doesn't care about having fun. Seriously, stop it with the hate againist walkoffs.
Personal bias aside, walk-offs have more problems than just "characters with good throws."

The fact that they let you get that close to the blast lines and get almost effortless kills is a legitimate concern, not just opinionated/unwarranted "hate."
He replied for me, how nice of him. I actually like Flatzone because it looks cool and has great songs but it sucks to actually play on.

Items defeat all the problems people are listing, so to Sakurai they aren't a problem.
No they don't please stop pretending items on low is the salvation we all need. Items on low barely show up at all and the items allowed aren't really huge game changers in themselves. Also the quote below (lotta people making sense today)
Whoosh

EDIT: If you never play with items, they rarely do much to stage balance except giving extra projectile options. So, they don't fix much with walk-offs. So, if you played with items regularly, obvious joke would be obvious.
I really couldn't care less if the stage was walkoff or not, I just want it to be awesome.
Being a walk off is a huge hit to being awesome in that actually using it becomes tedious and route with how you're forced to play.
Wouldn't the ring ropes negate a lot of the problems of a walk off stage? Seems there is a very small area that is actually walk off, and that camping there would leave you vulnerable, at the least, to projectile heavy characters while you just kind of sit there taking damage.
You could hang out at the wall of the ring just outside, no projectiles, still in throw range.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Well, I'm not one to discount a stage before I see all the changed game mechanics and the mechanics of the stage itself. We don't really know what someone can do on the stage until we have the game in our hands or at least see enough of the stage in action.

Also, I don't really mind walk off stages, they might not be the best for competitive play, but a good deal of my game time is with four player free for all, with items, which makes that sort of camping impractical. I do play a bit of one on one, but there will be stages for that as well I'm sure.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
No they don't please stop pretending items on low is the salvation we all need. Items on low barely show up at all and the items allowed aren't really huge game changers in themselves.
Walkoff camping goes away with items, and heck it's not even strong WITHOUT them. Many top level people and backroom members have discussed this on MANY occations. Especially in the FFA format with a lot of chaos walkoff camping really can get you killed. Unfortunately for us, Sakurai isn't making the game for your tastes in competition, so to him they cause no issues as in his format they don't.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Walkoff camping goes away with items, and heck it's not even strong WITHOUT them. Many top level people and backroom members have discussed this on MANY occations. Especially in the FFA format with a lot of chaos walkoff camping really can get you killed. Unfortunately for us, Sakurai isn't making the game for your tastes in competition, so to him they cause no issues as in his format they don't.
Wait you're not only lobbying for items, you're lobbying for FFA?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
No, #29, that's not lobbying. All Capps is saying is that not every stage is balanced for 1v1, no items, fox only. The problems aren't always as prevalent (or even present) in the party modes Smash was actually designed for and, when that's the case, they're unlikely to get fixed.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Wait you're not only lobbying for items, you're lobbying for FFA?
No, #29, that's not lobbying. All Capps is saying is that not every stage is balanced for 1v1, no items, fox only. The problems aren't always as prevalent (or even present) in the party modes Smash was actually designed for and, when that's the case, they're unlikely to get fixed.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Obviously. Isn't this smashboards though?

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'll likely prefer the version of the game with the least Battlefield clones. Seriously, people, a platform doesn't constitute an 'interesting layout'

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
For a second theoretical Punch-Out stage, how about the warehouse Mac and Doc train in? From the Punch-Out Wii cutscenes and Mac's reveal trailer?

I like the atmosphere, and it could serve as a nifty contrast to all the pomp and glitz of the Boxing Ring stage.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Recently, I've been working on stage rosters to get a sense of what we can look forward to. I figured that I'd come here to get some input on what stages I should include for the missing blanks.

This is what I have for the Wii U so far (37+10):

Confirmed stages are in Yellow, and Brawl stages in Red.

This roster assumes the following:

[collapse=Roster Conditions]-All Brawl Veterans return [+Mewtwo]
-The following Newcomers and Third-Parties are in the game: Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Villager, King K Rool, Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, Takamaru, and Pac-Man (and Mii, since he can fit in there);
-The number of stages per system, and the series representation, will be the identical across both systems;
-The major franchises (Mario/DK/Zelda/Metroid/Kirby/Star Fox/Pokemon) get two stages per system;
-The minor franchises (e.g. Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Wario) get one stage per system;
-All Newcomers and Third-Parties also get one stage per system;
-The Wii U gets two Console-centric stages, and the 3DS gets two Handheld-centric stages (to highlight the system-centered approach to stage selection);
-The Smash series gets two stages per system (basically, the Wii U and 3DS versions of Battlefield and Final Destination);
-Ten Brawl stages return (as seen on the bottom).[/collapse]

All the confirmed stages go without saying. As for my own picks:

[collapse=Stage Reasoning]-For the DK stages, I picked Sunset Shore from DKCR (since the shadow-filter concept is cool), and Gangplank Galleon (K Rool home stage);
-Dragon Roost Island serves to represent the Toonverse side of Zelda (and ties into WW HD);
-Elysia hails from Prime 3. I think I'll change the icon, since it looks kind of same-y beside Pyrosphere;
-We have an Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland (Lor Starcutter) for Kirby;
-For Pokemon, we have the equivalent of Pokemon Stadium 3 (here, it's a pic from Pokemon Battle Revolution that I found). Cerulean Cave is Mewtwo's Home Stage;
-Gaur Plain is the Wii U Xenoblade stage;
-Both systems will likely get a version of Flatzone, if not identical ones;
-Stack-Up represents R.O.B. (Gyromite is on my 3DS roster);
-Murasame Castle is Takamaru's Home Stage;
-The Wii U gets two Console stages. Wuhu Island is already confirmed, and I picked Nintendo Land for the second slot, as that seems as good a choice as any for this category. If the Mii is in the game, these Console-specific stages will represent him;
-Outer Haven from Metal Gear Solid 4 is Snake's stage.[/collapse]

I would like probable/popular Wii U stage suggestions for the missing blanks, which are:

-Mario, Star Fox (x2), Yoshi, F-Zero, Earthbound, Fire Emblem, and Wario.

I'm either at a loss for ideas, or am not familiar enough with the given franchise to fill in the blanks myself, hence why I've come here for ideas.

For Star Fox, I intend on putting SF64 3D and Command stages for the 3DS roster (but you can still suggest some anyway). I'll probably make custom Ice Climbers stages as well (in the vein of Brawl). And Pac-Man is an optional fourth Third-Party character, but we'll leave him there for now. I already have the Pac-Maze on the 3DS roster, so alternate suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, if you have more probable/desirable picks for the stages I've already filled in (including the Brawl stages) by all means chime in.

This is not a serious stage prediction roster. I merely took the most probable Newcomers and worked out a possible pattern for series representation across systems (so the number and representation of stages is by no means final).

(Also, I made all the non-confirmed stage icons myself in GIMP. At request, I can go post them in the Roster Maker thread ;)).

Later on, I might post what I have for the 3DS; it's much less complete, since I'm far more a console guy than a handheld one. In any case, let the suggestions roll. 8D

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Yes, where people tend to forget the game isn't focused towards us as an audience and must be informed of such things to remind them.
What I'm saying is, the game isn't aimed at competition no ****. Walk offs are a waste us, you know the people of smashboards who play competitively.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
What I'm saying is, the game isn't aimed at competition no ****. Walk offs are a waste us, you know the people of smashboards who play competitively.
If you ONLY play competitively, you're pretty much wasting your copy of Smash, stripping the game of 80% of its content. Walkoffs will never be a waste.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
If you ONLY play competitively, you're pretty much wasting your copy of Smash, stripping the game of 80% of its content. Walkoffs will never be a waste.
Whether you agree to the competitive mindset or not, there will be stages that the competitive scene will perfer for the sake of competition. That's not a waste, it's just a different way of playing the same game. I'm not competitive either, but it doesn't help anyone casual or competitive when you make regular statements like that.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I play the single player, those stages just make it easy as hell to win though.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Sehn, I love your stage roster. It's really good! I'm gonna give a shot at one. Gonna probably just think mostly in terms of Brawl characters

Wii U:
Smash:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Mario:
Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Zero Gravity Edition
Rogueport (Possibly other travelling methods)
Zelda
Skyloft
Dragon Roost Island
Pokemon
Poke Arena (Or Pokemon Stadium 3, I don't know)
The Battle Tower from Pokemon Colosseum
DKC
Sunset Shore OR The Factory
Gangplank
Star Fox
Sargasso Hideout
Area 6
Kirby
Lor Starcutter OR (which i like better) the dark levels of Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Epic Yarn's First Level? There's so much of Epic Yarn. A compilation stage works.
Metroid
Pyrosphere
I've really got nothing for Prime, Elysia is probably the best one like the other one I saw.
Mother
Cave of the Past
Mount Itoi
(There's a reason I did this which'll make sense with my past stages. If you didn't like that joke, Mother 3 or 1 somewhere and put in Winters for earthbound)
Yoshi
Jungle Hut
The Ice World from Yoshi's Island
F-Zero
Really you could take from any two tracks, so literally any two tracks.
Other Series
-WarioWare Shake It!'s submarine levels would be great to take a page from; a first mostly underwater level.
-Smashville
-Garden of Hope
-Pale Tuna Temple
-An original NES remake of the Ice Climbers game for it's stage. Yes, seriously.
-Stack-Up
-FlatZone 3: Revenge of Flatzone
-Nintendoland
-Wuhu Island
-Wii Fit Trainer place
-Windy Hill Zone
-Wily's Castle
-Boxing Ring
-For Fire Emblem, I'd go with The great Bridge

Overall Damage: 37 stages. Throw in 4 from series that aren't confirmed yet and you've got 42. (3 if we're being less generous)

Past Stages I'd go with all of Sehn's picks except change Norfair to Frigate Orpheon

Series that aren't confirmed yet
-Dillon's Rolling Western's first level
-Venus Lighthouse
-Gaur Plain
-Murasame
-Joy Mehc Fight! Fighting ring
-Pac-Man World Stage (Probably the night levels are good to take a page from)
-I've got nothing for MG

As for Smash 3DS...
Smash
Battlefield
FD
Mario
New Super Mario Bros.
The Volcano from Dream Team
Rainbow Road
Zelda
Spirit Train
Gerudo Valley
Pokemon
"Not another pokemon stadium"
Route ___ from Pokemon X/Y
Metroid
Metroid Prime Hunters battle Arena
Something from Metroid Fusion or a possible remake? idk
Star Fox
Command Pyramid
I don't have anything specific here
DKC
Something from Returns. Actually, factory may work better here.
King of Swing (Yeah, I know people don't like scrolling stages, but we had to have one somewhere didn't we?)
Kirby
Triple Deluxe Inside and Out
Daroach's Squeak Squad Ship
Mother
I must have some obsession with Factories, so instead, how about the Club Titiboo?
Threed. Get it? Three-D?
Yoshi
Yoshi's Island DS
Yoshi's New Island
(Call it exactly those to troll further)
F-Zero
i dont know
i dont know part 2
Other Series
-WarioWare Micro Games
-New Leaf
-Make a Chibi-Robo stage for Pikmin
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Make an Ice Climbers stage in lava. I've got nothing left.
-Not Gyromite.
-Game & Watch Collection & Gallery featuring actual color
-Find Mii
-Nintendogs
-Wii Fit Trainer place (Shared!)
-Windy Hill Zone (Shared?)
-Wily's Castle (Shared?)
-Boxing Ring (Shared!)
-Arena Ferox

Past Stages
Bring back all the 64 stages (arguably mushroom kingdom as well) and add in Fourside and Mute City.

Damage = Same

weeeeeee I feel like some of these could have just been suggestions to add onto the already posted roster but I got bored and made it a full thing.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Sehn, I love your stage roster. It's really good! I'm gonna give a shot at one. Gonna probably just think mostly in terms of Brawl characters
Ah, excellent. I look forward to stealing some of your suggestions for my own. >8D

Wii U:
Mario:
Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Zero Gravity Edition
Rogueport (Possibly other travelling methods)
I think Mario and Pokemon are the only franchises big enough to get 3 stages per system. I've only put two per system for now, but I can easily see this being higher in the actual game.

By Mario Kart Zero Gravity, are you referring to MK8, and the whole F-Zero-esque hover mode? An MK8 stage could be cool - however, we already have an MK7 stage on the 3DS (Rainbow Road).

And after a quick check, I see the Rogueport is from Paper Mario. I played the first one (didn't beat it), and haven't tried TYD. A Paper Mario stage could be neat, especially as a counterpoint to Galaxy.

I also wonder if we might get a 3D World stage - or a stage from the more recent Mario platformers. Then again, the Galaxy games are recent platformers in themselves.

Pokemon
Poke Arena (Or Pokemon Stadium 3, I don't know)
The Battle Tower from Pokemon Colosseum
I added Cerulean Cave because I think Mewtwo is very likely. And given what his unique status might be (Veteran and pseudo-Newcomer), a stage based on him is most befitting as a homecoming.

I'm not familiar with PC, so I'll stick with Cerulean Cave.

Star Fox
Sargasso Hideout
Area 6
I remember Area 6. 8D

I will look into these picks.

Metroid
Pyrosphere
I've really got nothing for Prime, Elysia is probably the best one like the other one I saw.
I chose Elysia for the contrast it provided with Pyrosphere. Plus, it has pretty music.

I intend on remaking the Elysia icon to show off the skies better. In fact, the whole Dragon Roost-Pyrosphere-Elysia trio look kind of bland with all that brown. I may also change the Dragon Roost icon, but that remains to be seen.

Mother
Cave of the Past
Mount Itoi
(There's a reason I did this which'll make sense with my past stages. If you didn't like that joke, Mother 3 or 1 somewhere and put in Winters for earthbound)
Yoshi
Jungle Hut
The Ice World from Yoshi's Island
F-Zero
Really you could take from any two tracks, so literally any two tracks.
I'll go ahead and use these. :grin:

Other Series
-WarioWare Shake It!'s submarine levels would be great to take a page from; a first mostly underwater level.

-Smashville
-Garden of Hope
-Pale Tuna Temple
-An original NES remake of the Ice Climbers game for it's stage. Yes, seriously.
-Stack-Up
-FlatZone 3: Revenge of Flatzone
-Nintendoland
-Wuhu Island
-Wii Fit Trainer place
-Windy Hill Zone
-Wily's Castle
-Boxing Ring
-For Fire Emblem, I'd go with The great Bridge

Overall Damage: 37 stages. Throw in 4 from series that aren't confirmed yet and you've got 42. (3 if we're being less generous)
For my roster, I decided to only include stages that pertain to existing franchises (barring the Console/Handheld stages). I wouldn't be surprised if we got stages from franchises that don't have playable characters (much as it was in Brawl).

For Ice Climbers, I was thinking an NES-stage for the 3DS. But the NES was a console, so there's that. I'll either have an NES stage, or a generic glacier stage or something.

I will look into the underlined for my own roster.

Past Stages I'd go with all of Sehn's picks except change Norfair to Frigate Orpheon
You know, I did have Frigate at first, but I figured that I already added a Prime stage (Elysia), so I switched to Norfair. But having two fire-based Metroid stages would be redundant. I'll therefore switch back to Frigate. :)

Series that aren't confirmed yet
-Dillon's Rolling Western's first level
-Venus Lighthouse
-Gaur Plain
-Murasame
-Joy Mehc Fight! Fighting ring
-Pac-Man World Stage (Probably the night levels are good to take a page from)
-I've got nothing for MG
These all sound good. I was considering Pac-Man World for the Wii U and Pac-Maze for the 3DS, so I'll probably do that.

As for MGS, I picked Outer Haven from Metal Gear Solid 4. It's the final level in the game, and would be suitably epic.

As for Smash 3DS...
Smash
Battlefield
FD
Mario
New Super Mario Bros.
The Volcano from Dream Team
Rainbow Road
Zelda
Spirit Train
Gerudo Valley
Pokemon
"Not another pokemon stadium"
Route ___ from Pokemon X/Y
Metroid
Metroid Prime Hunters battle Arena
Something from Metroid Fusion or a possible remake? idk

Star Fox
Command Pyramid
I don't have anything specific here

DKC
Something from Returns. Actually, factory may work better here.
King of Swing (Yeah, I know people don't like scrolling stages, but we had to have one somewhere didn't we?)

Kirby
Triple Deluxe Inside and Out
Daroach's Squeak Squad Ship

Mother
I must have some obsession with Factories, so instead, how about the Club Titiboo?
Threed. Get it? Three-D?

Yoshi

Yoshi's Island DS
Yoshi's New Island
(Call it exactly those to troll further)
F-Zero
i dont know
i dont know part 2
Other Series
-WarioWare Micro Games
-New Leaf
-Make a Chibi-Robo stage for Pikmin
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Make an Ice Climbers stage in lava. I've got nothing left.
-Not Gyromite.
-Game & Watch Collection & Gallery featuring actual color
-Find Mii
-Nintendogs
-Wii Fit Trainer place (Shared!)
-Windy Hill Zone (Shared?)
-Wily's Castle (Shared?)
-Boxing Ring (Shared!)
-Arena Ferox

Past Stages
Bring back all the 64 stages (arguably mushroom kingdom as well) and add in Fourside and Mute City.

Damage = Same
Here's my current 3DS stage roster (again, a work in progress):

I've decided to have Pokemon share the "stadium/arena" level, and assigned Lumiose City from X&Y (Wii Fit and Punch-Out have shared stages also). You also have Eryth Sea for Xenoblade, Flatzone, Gyromite (for ROB), Mother Base (from MGS Peace Walker), and the first level from Pac-Man arcade (here titled Pac-Maze).

The Classic Stages remain the same, since the 3DS can no doubt handle downgraded versions of them. I think the Classic Stages should remain identical across both systems, so that both can have the same experience.

And I intend on adding the highlighted suggestions in your list (I was already considering those Metroid stages).

weeeeeee I feel like some of these could have just been suggestions to add onto the already posted roster but I got bored and made it a full thing.
Your roster looks pretty good. Thanks for giving me ideas for the franchises I'm less familiar with. 8D

I will post my updated Wii U & 3DS rosters once I've made the additions. If anyone else has suggestions, by all means suggest. ;)

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
As long as any 1 person finds fun or a use for something in the game than it isn't a waste.

I personally dislike playing on walk-offs, but that's because they don't cohere with how I like to play the game. They aren't objectively bad just because they don't cater to my personal tastes. They do require a different sort of approach as someone mentioned above, and I personally don't care for what that means, especially when some people decide the way to win is to just chill near the edges.

That said though, I think the only real issue here was with phrasing, not the actual opinion that was communicated. I mean if he had said "I think all walk-off stages are a waste" no one would really have any right to be offended by that.

Top Bottom