• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
I have considered creating a new thread for DLC stages music discussion, but I thought it maybe wasn't worth it with this thread being a thing. So why not discussing about that?

I have thought about something... we still don't have a Bowser Road's music in Smash, you know, that iconic song from Super Mario 64 which happened to be remixed in the Galaxy games and even in the Mario VS Sonic games. I really hope it will appear in the Peach's Castle stage, because it's honestly a long overdue song for a Smash appearance. In fact I'm honestly fully expecting it to be featured, and I'd be both surprised and disappointed if it doesn't.

That's my most expected music for this stage (besides the original Smash 64 SMB remix of course), but not my personal most wanted, and while I like this soundtrack I'd be disappointed by its exclusion mostly because of its iconicness. But my most wanted music for this stage is actually the Super Mario 64 credits theme, a song I love and was disappointed to see excluded from the base game:

It should probably be remixed due to being kinda too long (I believe most tracks in SSB4 don't exceed two minute length) and not being a looped music. I'm not getting my hopes up, but if we get a remix of this it's an instant-buy for me.

And since we got the Fountain of Dreams track back with Dream Land, maybe bring Gritzy Desert back from Brawl? It's the only Mario related music which was cut from Brawl to SSB4 I believe, but at the same time it doesn't sound like it'd really fit with Peach's Castle honestly.

And for the Hyrule Castle, I really really hope we get a Ganondorf related song... another long overdue thing in the music department in Super Smash Bros. (Okay, we got his theme in the Song of Storm track, but we need an entire track dedicated to him) Other Nintendo villains and antiheroes like Bowser, King K. Rool, Ridley, Wolf and King Dedede got soundtracks entirely related to them, so why not Ganondorf? It'd be super awesome if this track played in the Hyrule Catstle, his boss battle from Ocarina of Time:

I also hope we get the Clock Town theme. Majora's Mask really deserves musical representation in Smash Bros. and Clock Town's third day is very catchy, yet both whimsical and sinister at the same time, and fits well with the stage. If we're going to get a Clock Town music in Smash Bros. I think it's the best choice except for the fact it is maybe a bit too short (a 30 second loop), so maybe it could be put in a Majora's Mask medley instead.

The Deku Palace theme is a favourite of mine and I'd love to see it represented in Smash Bros, but I have a feeling it's a total pipe dream. I think it is just not iconic enough.

Honestly none of these stages really interest me very much by themselves considering their impractical layout for serious 1vs1 no items battles and the fact I feel no nostalgia towards them, whereas for Dream Land 64 it is perfect for more neutral stage variety and brings back Melee nostalgia. (Not to mention it brings back the Fountain of Dreams track as well) I think I'll choose to buy these stages mostly for the music they will offer, and if they don't convince me, I guess I'll just pass.

@ FEFIZ FEFIZ Miiverse has larger platforms and a slightly larger base platform but the same blast zones, as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD9zG524I24
Th
I have considered creating a new thread for DLC stages music discussion, but I thought it maybe wasn't worth it with this thread being a thing. So why not discussing about that?

I have thought about something... we still don't have a Bowser Road's music in Smash, you know, that iconic song from Super Mario 64 which happened to be remixed in the Galaxy games and even in the Mario VS Sonic games. I really hope it will appear in the Peach's Castle stage, because it's honestly a long overdue song for a Smash appearance. In fact I'm honestly fully expecting it to be featured, and I'd be both surprised and disappointed if it doesn't.

That's my most expected music for this stage (besides the original Smash 64 SMB remix of course), but not my personal most wanted, and while I like this soundtrack I'd be disappointed by its exclusion mostly because of its iconicness. But my most wanted music for this stage is actually the Super Mario 64 credits theme, a song I love and was disappointed to see excluded from the base game:

It should probably be remixed due to being kinda too long (I believe most tracks in SSB4 don't exceed two minute length) and not being a looped music. I'm not getting my hopes up, but if we get a remix of this it's an instant-buy for me.

And since we got the Fountain of Dreams track back with Dream Land, maybe bring Gritzy Desert back from Brawl? It's the only Mario related music which was cut from Brawl to SSB4 I believe, but at the same time it doesn't sound like it'd really fit with Peach's Castle honestly.

And for the Hyrule Castle, I really really hope we get a Ganondorf related song... another long overdue thing in the music department in Super Smash Bros. (Okay, we got his theme in the Song of Storm track, but we need an entire track dedicated to him) Other Nintendo villains and antiheroes like Bowser, King K. Rool, Ridley, Wolf and King Dedede got soundtracks entirely related to them, so why not Ganondorf? It'd be super awesome if this track played in the Hyrule Catstle, his boss battle from Ocarina of Time:

I also hope we get the Clock Town theme. Majora's Mask really deserves musical representation in Smash Bros. and Clock Town's third day is very catchy, yet both whimsical and sinister at the same time, and fits well with the stage. If we're going to get a Clock Town music in Smash Bros. I think it's the best choice except for the fact it is maybe a bit too short (a 30 second loop), so maybe it could be put in a Majora's Mask medley instead.

The Deku Palace theme is a favourite of mine and I'd love to see it represented in Smash Bros, but I have a feeling it's a total pipe dream. I think it is just not iconic enough.

Honestly none of these stages really interest me very much by themselves considering their impractical layout for serious 1vs1 no items battles and the fact I feel no nostalgia towards them, whereas for Dream Land 64 it is perfect for more neutral stage variety and brings back Melee nostalgia. (Not to mention it brings back the Fountain of Dreams track as well) I think I'll choose to buy these stages mostly for the music they will offer, and if they don't convince me, I guess I'll just pass.

@ FEFIZ FEFIZ Miiverse has larger platforms and a slightly larger base platform but the same blast zones, as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD9zG524I24
Thanks!

Eureka

Smash Ace
I've been thinking, Pokemon Stadium 2 and Pyrosphere are both generally considered as not viable stages for competitive play, but could be if certain elements of them were different. I think there is a way that both of these stages could be legal in tournaments, which is to simply select them in 8-player smash mode. In 8-player smash PS 2 doesn't change from it's neutral stage, and Pyrosphere doesn't have any stage hazards. I'm not saying it has to be in 8-player smash mode for all stages, just for PS 2 and Pyrosphere. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this could seriously work.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
For Peach's Castle 64 I think My Music should be as follows:

Peach's Castle (Smash Bros 64)
Princess Peach's Castle (Melee)
File Select/Dire, Dire Docks (Super Mario 64)
Bowser's Road (Super Mario 64)
Staff Roll (Super Mario 64)
Super Mario Bros. 2 Medley (Super Mario Bros. 2)
Petal Meadows (Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door)

That is to say unless they bring back the Melee stage with the similar name too in which case these could go on that stage as well

PF9

Smash Lord
The Miiverse stage has some not-so-family-friendly Miiverse posts. When playing as Ryu, I saw a post with a certain word for a female dog. Playing as Roy exposed me to a post that included the f-bomb.

Maybe something should be done about this? This is supposed to be a E10-rated game after all.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I've seen about three different posts with people saying they have HIV/AIDS. Did we go back to the 1980s and nobody told me?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Miiverse stage has some not-so-family-friendly Miiverse posts. When playing as Ryu, I saw a post with a certain word for a female dog. Playing as Roy exposed me to a post that included the f-bomb.

Maybe something should be done about this? This is supposed to be a E10-rated game after all.
That's pretty kid friendly compared to the stuff I got(still funny though).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I tend to see posts containing memes that have nothing to so with the character.
I've gotten an image of Ike's sword drawn as a penis.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who likes Pac-Land?

...Also Great Cave Offensive is easily the worst stage in Smash history by far. I literally can't even see my own character due to how zoomed out the screen is. It's like watching an ant farm.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I like Pac-Land but I love the Great Cave Offensive.

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
These are my predictions for the my music options in the upcoming stages.

Peach's Castle 64:
Peach's Castle (The 64 one obviously, they can't pick the one from Melee which is already on Delfino or else the Green Greens music would be on Dreamland)
Ground theme 2 (The remix on Mushroomy Kingdom that didn't make it. Even though this would be like the 50th SMB remix)
Gritzy Desert (Doesn't suit the stage but you know how much Sakurai loves jamming in as many Brawl remixes as possible)
Underground Theme (Another song on Mushroomy Kingdom that was the only remix on Smash 3DS that never made the cut)
Super Mario 64 Medley (They are doing Medleys for every 2D Mario game so why not any of the 3D ones?)
Slide Theme (Doesn't matter which version, it just has to be there)
Puzzle Plank Galaxy (I doubt this will make it in since it's from Galaxy but it would be awesome)
And more songs from 3D World (Chainlink Charge, Double Cherry Pass, and Sprawling Savannah would be optimal)
Also I wouldn't be surprised if they snuck in some Captain Toad music as well.

Hyrule Castle 64:
Hyrule Castle (64, duh)
Saria's song (The one from Melee that was never heard again that actually had life to it unlike the one we got for Skyloft that puts you to sleep until it plays the miniboss music)
Hyrule Castle (ALTTP/ALBW remix or not this would be kickass)
Ocarina of Time Temple Medley (If Pokemon can have a Medley for N's castle we can have one that plays an assortment of OOT Temple music)
Clock Town Medley (Please)
Termina Field (Because it was on Brawl's Pirate Ship stage)
Molgera Battle (Same reason as above, since they don't like leaving a single song from Brawl out)
Wind Waker Miniboss (If we can't have a Wind Waker stage can we at least have this?)
Hyrule Field 1st (Hyrule Warriors, I know there's too many versions of this song but this version is the manliest of them)
More ALBW Music
More Hyrule Warriors music (I doubt there will be any but it would be super badass)

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I felt the need to do this:
Stages that are likely to return based on the current music selection:
Stages must have at least one song from its series of representation that isn't in Smash 4 yet in order for me to put it on the list.
64: Planet Zebes (Planet Zebes), Saffron City (Saffron City), Sector Z (Sector Z), Mushroom Kingdom (64) (Mushroom Kingdom)
Melee: Great Bay (Saria's Song), Mushroom Kingdom (Melee) (Mushroom Kingdom), Jungle Japes (Jungle Japes), Fourside (Fourside), Mushroom Kingdom II (Mushroom Kingdom II)
Brawl: Distant Planet (Ai no Uta, Ai no Uta (French), Tane no Uta), Frigate Orpheon (Opening/Menu (Metroid Prime)), Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 (Ground Theme 2, Gritzy Desert) & 1-2 (Underground Theme), New Pork City (You Call This a Utopia?!, Humoresque of a Little Dog), Rumble Falls (DK Jungle 1 Theme (Barrel Blast), The Map Page/Bonus Level), Shadow Moses Island (Least likely unless Snake returns) (All of its music), Wario Ware Inc. (Mona Pizza's Song, Mike's Song, and their respective JP versions), Yoshi's Island (Brawl) (Yoshi's Island), Green Hill Zone (Scrap Brain Zone, Emerald Hill Zone, Sonic Boom, Super Sonic Racing), Hanenbow (Ambience), Spear Pillar (Wild Pokemon Battle! (Diamond/Pearl)), Pirate Ship (The Great Sea, Molgera Battle, Termina Field)
3DS: Pretty much nothing, since the Wii U version has almost all the music from the 3DS version and then some.

GoldenMasterSword

Smash Cadet
NNID
GoldMasterSword
3DS FC
5241-2079-3500
Does anyone else find Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, and Halberd to be widely unnecessary choices as counterpicks in the stagelist? Would it grind anyone's gears if I said the stage list should just be Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Dream Land 64, Town & City, Duck Hunt, and Lylat Cruise? First five are starters, last two are counterpicks. In 2/3, winner gets two bans, in 3/5, winner gets one.

webbedspace

Smash Journeyman
The touring stages provide things that no other stages have: 1) the main platform can be sharked, 2) the walk-offs can provide a boost to bad-recovery characters like Little Mac and Ganondorf, 3) the changing layout can disrupt characters with stage-control items like Duck Hunt or Villager, much more so than Town & City can.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
For Peach's Castle 64 I think My Music should be as follows:

Peach's Castle (Smash Bros 64)
Princess Peach's Castle (Melee)
File Select/Dire, Dire Docks (Super Mario 64)
Bowser's Road (Super Mario 64)
Staff Roll (Super Mario 64)
Super Mario Bros. 2 Medley (Super Mario Bros. 2)
Petal Meadows (Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door)

That is to say unless they bring back the Melee stage with the similar name too in which case these could go on that stage as well
I honestly can't believe no iteration of Smash has featured any version of "Inside the Castle Walls" from Mario 64. This is the perfect opportunity to fix that.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I honestly can't believe no iteration of Smash has featured any version of "Inside the Castle Walls" from Mario 64. This is the perfect opportunity to fix that.
I completely forgot to include that track! Yes they definitely should put it in, even if it's just the original (though I'd prefer a nice, elegant remix)

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Okay, but seriously...
I will be extremely disappointed if this song doesn't show up on Peach's Castle.

Last edited:

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
Okay, but seriously...
I will be extremely disappointed if this song doesn't show up on Peach's Castle.
That goes really well with your Rick Astley gif. I honestly would've preferred that song on Mario Galaxy and then have a new remix of that song for Peach's Castle.

But I'll gladly take anything we can get as long as there are some new remixes and they aren't all renditions of the Super Mario Bros theme that Nintendo loves to run into the ground to the point where it takes up several minutes of the E3 press conference.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
That goes really well with your Rick Astley gif. I honestly would've preferred that song on Mario Galaxy and then have a new remix of that song for Peach's Castle.

But I'll gladly take anything we can get as long as there are some new remixes and they aren't all renditions of the Super Mario Bros theme that Nintendo loves to run into the ground to the point where it takes up several minutes of the E3 press conference.
Yeah, I just want Bomb-Omb Battlefield. I'd prefer the Galaxy 2 remix, but anything will suffice, really.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wondered if there were Stage discussions and found this thread...

Anyways I posted this on another thread so I'll share it here...
Phendrana Drifts Stage(5)

^this structure right here would make for a great stage with floating platforms and flickerbats flickering about (they'd have a wind box that pushes the players slightly if they make contact, does 1% damage as well), perhaps a Sheegoth can blast onto the Battlefield in the same way the Metal Gear's did in Shadow Moses! Or some Flying Pirate Troopers can shoot some missiles onto the battlefield...[Sakurai plzzzzzzzzz!!!!!]
-Phendrana Drifts
-Phendrana's Edge
-Chozo Artifact Temple
-Skytown
-Rundas
-Gandrayda
This music all fits the environment IMO and are all pretty awesome...
I may run down several other ideas in a similar format, there are plenty of stages I'd like to see...other peeps are welcome to do the same...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isabelle chances: 0.38%
For the goods, she's basically Animal Crossing's official mascot at this point. However, she's both an Assist Trophy and a Mii costume. I doubt Sakurai is interested in making her playable right now.

Isabelle want: 25%
I don't care much about her or Animal Crossing in general, but I admit it could reasonably get another character considering the fame of the franchise and the recognizability of its animal characters. Isabelle is easily one of the most iconic animal characters from AC, and she looks like she'd be an okay choice to represent AC alongside Villager. I don't have a clue about what her moveset would be, though.

-----

Stage from "muh relevant" Kirby game chances: 3%
I really doubt we're getting any brand new stage unless they're bundled with characters, and even then I only expect characters bringing a new series to Smash to be bundled with these stages. Of course that's only based on the stage DLC precedence we currently have (which is not a lot for now), but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the pattern we follow. Sakurai's apathy towards the Kirby games he didn't work on is also something that makes this idea even more unlikely.

Stage from "muh relevant" Kirby game want: 48%
I've played Triple Deluxe, but there's no specific location from that game which made me think "OMG!! This location needs to be in Smash!" but I wouldn't object a new stage anyway. At least as long as it's not some overly gimmick stage totally unplayable in serious 1vs1 stock battle no items, you can bet I'm not going to buy these stages.

-----

Agumon prediction: 2.02%
Not sure if we will get Digimon contents even though Namco owns the series.

Talim prediction: 1.09%
A Soul Calibur character? I suppose it won't do well.

Nominating:
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Rayman x5
I'll probably hold back my extra nominations until Rayman's day is set to happen.
Um... wrong thread. This is the stage thread not RTC.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114

Green Hill 2.0
This stage is designed with a revamped Sonic in mind, with Genesis-style slope mechanics and such in mind (i.e. he can run up the quarter pipe and use the other slope to speed up). The swinging platform moves just like in Project M's version, and the left area has a bridge that "sags" and platforms that go down a bit when you stand on them. I think this is a nice improvement overall to the Brawl stage, both in recreating the original stage and being more fun in general. :)

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I was bored, so I started digging into very obscure Smash news, and I found an interesting interview of one of the product managers of Smash 4 taken by this channel called "Children's Technology Review". Don't take this as conformation, this is probably just a slip of the tongue.

At around the 2:32 mark of the video, the product manager mentioned that, "We brought back all of the Nintendo 64 stages", "And we have more on the way".

Take this as a grain of salt, but we might be getting back all of the N64 stages back in a future update

I'm VERY sure he said, "We brought back old Nintendo 64 stages..."

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sky Pillar

(outside)

(inside)
Here's another one...This looks very basic atm but more can be done in a similar fashion to Brawl's Spear Pillar perhaps inside and outside sections, the inside sections contain crumbling platforms with occasional pokemon that appeara either in the background or as stage Hazards like Sableye and Claydol, and the outside section with Rayquaza appearing occasional and Mega evolving into Mega Rayquaza, this should be for more aesthetic reasons but it can do some damage similar to Dialga/Palkia, Resiram/Zekrom in their respective stages...either that or it flies off to destroy a meteor that you can see in the distance, which would have a very bright and flashy explosion...
Zinnia
Deoxys
Rayquaza (Weather Trio)
Steven Champion (both Diantha and Cynthia's music is in smash but no Steven, this needs to change)
Wally
Maxie/Archie
Of course some music to go with the stage, all pertaining to ORAS

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Sky Pillar

(outside)

(inside)
Here's another one...This looks very basic atm but more can be done in a similar fashion to Brawl's Spear Pillar perhaps inside and outside sections, the inside sections contain crumbling platforms with occasional pokemon that appeara either in the background or as stage Hazards like Sableye and Claydol, and the outside section with Rayquaza appearing occasional and Mega evolving into Mega Rayquaza, this should be for more aesthetic reasons but it can do some damage similar to Dialga/Palkia, Resiram/Zekrom in their respective stages...either that or it flies off to destroy a meteor that you can see in the distance, which would have a very bright and flashy explosion...
Zinnia
Deoxys
Rayquaza (Weather Trio)
Steven Champion (both Diantha and Cynthia's music is in smash but no Steven, this needs to change)
Wally
Maxie/Archie
Of course some music to go with the stage, all pertaining to ORAS
I feel this post would fit better here.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Considering we're starting to get new info, I think it could very well be real. The tournament updating is coming on the 31st and they're announcing more Mii costumes as well. Maybe we'll be getting a Direct soon?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Glad to see I'm not the only one who's looking forward to more music.

I had a fanboy attack when I saw Dream Land 64s music list.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm definitely looking forward the music.

More Zelda music can only be good. Even another version of the main theme.

Last edited:
Top Bottom