• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Takezo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
TAISH0U
I really need someone to clarify this for me, in order to further my testing with something.^_^"

Question: Does Omega Battlefield on 3ds have a higher Ceiling Blastzone than Wiiu Version Omega BattleField????

Thanks.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's... an awfully strange and obscure stage request. I mean, I loved that battle arena in Mario Kart 64, but I doubt they'd ever consider basing stages on Mario Kart battle mode arenas. Especially a one-off from an old game.
It wasn't a one-off. It was in MKWii as well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It wasn't a one-off. It was in MKWii as well.
As was the lava-related one. Block Fort got a decent remake in Block City(although it has far more dead ends), and Luigi's Mansion pretty much is Double Deck(when Luigi's Mansion allows you to drop quickly to the first floor by having a huge hole in the middle, anyway).

Strangely, the two that did make it into a later game don't seem to have ever been remade in some way(either using a similar course design or a related course by proxy/name. Luigi's Mansion is an example of the former with Block Fort an example of the latter). Of course, I didn't look at every battle course, so I could be wrong.

NintenPunk92

Smash Rookie
My Brother Tells Me That There Has Been 8 New DLC Stages Added To Smash 4. Someone Tell Me If This Is True Cause I Looked Up "SmashWiki" & Also The SmashBros Site & I Did Not See Anything! :4miisword::smash::falcon64:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
My Brother Tells Me That There Has Been 8 New DLC Stages Added To Smash 4. Someone Tell Me If This Is True Cause I Looked Up "SmashWiki" & Also The SmashBros Site & I Did Not See Anything! :4miisword::smash::falcon64:
.....not really.

7 stages slots were found in the game. These are likely placeholders, but interestingly, there's a kirby music along with battlefield being a stage for the kirby characters in classic.

It basically means that one of these stage is very likely to be kirby and the 6 others would be unknown, but it jsut means that the game can manage these stage additions....they are just not there.

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
why didn't they put fountain of dreams,yoshi story,and dreamland 64 back in this is kind of a step backward from project M also not to mention hyrule castle 64 all good stages but no no no make room for big battle field a copy of an already existing stage but with more platforms oh and who could forget the donkey kong one where the whole stage is jumping from one platform to another and the wii fit trainer room with no pits because of this i think that there needs to be some "offical" tournament custom stages using the share mode thing

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
well as project m isnt a real smash game smash 4 isnt a step in any direction from it
project m is basically part melee and part brawl but really the engine is based off of brawl and inspired by melee so yeah it is a real smash game but just not and offical nintendo get hype e3 event one but if that still isn't good then melee because those are all those were in melee but ill be fair because pretty much no smash game did what melee has done to the smash community

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
project m is basically part melee and part brawl but really the engine is based off of brawl and inspired by melee so yeah it is a real smash game but just not and offical nintendo get hype e3 event one but if that still isn't good then melee because those are all those were in melee but ill be fair because pretty much no smash game did what melee has done to the smash community
It's a mod, not a game. This is for games, not mods thereof. It's why vanilla Minecraft is in as opposed to its mods that add features and flesh out the game.

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
It's a mod, not a game. This is for games, not mods thereof. It's why vanilla Minecraft is in as opposed to its mods that add features and flesh out the game.
okay i get ya now i hate it when people say pm is just a mod because thats to me like saying that a smash community for a smash game is full of 2 year olds that suck at the game

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
not official not a real smash game what ever you want to call it the point still stands that it is not a proper part of the series and the game proceeded in no direction from it

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Here's an obscure one: A Papetoonstage, Fox's home planet. We haven't had a new stage necessarily take place on a planet since Melee and the only other desert like stage was SMB World 1-1. Though, Papetoon is far from iconic, obviously and there's not much to go off of. It might be too generic. :/

A more likely one: Sector Z. If this stage returns, I hope it would be based off of the remake. Of course, there is a issue with this as we already have Corneria. (Would have to be for the Wii U version)

My idea for a new Flat Zone stage:
It bothers me we didn't get a real 3rd Flat Zone stage. Just a collaboration with 1 & 2.
These are ones that I figured could've been possible stages.

Last edited:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
When it comes to stages, I want to see: Saffron City from 64; Pirate Ship from Brawl; Fountain of Dreams from Melee, a Stage based of Kirby Adventure Wii (or return to dreamland) and gang plank galleon from DKC (if K rool becomes playable, this would be his home stage).

NintenPunk92

Smash Rookie
Here is my past stage wish list:
(64) Hyrule Castle, Mushroom Kingdom,
(Melee) Mute City, Forside,
(Brawl) Pirate Ship, Spear Pillar, Frigate Orpheon, and "New Pork City" now that lucas is in the game.
I dont see why everyone wants "Fountain Of Dreams' back so badly. Its just a smaller battlefeild.
:link64::luigi64::falconmelee::nessmelee::toonlink::lucario::samus2::lucas::4lucas:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I dont see why everyone wants "Fountain Of Dreams' back so badly. Its just a smaller battlefeild.
The side platforms move up and down, making for a nice, varied stage that is rather balanced to most of the cast. There's also little things like the underside of the stage both preventing players from getting stuck and helping with wall jump recoveries. Plus, it looks rather nice (especially if it got an HD facelift).

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
It is not made by Nintendo. Therefore, Nintendo has not taken a step back from it, because they never walked in it's lane.

NintenPunk92

Smash Rookie
The side platforms move up and down, making for a nice, varied stage that is rather balanced to most of the cast. There's also little things like the underside of the stage both preventing players from getting stuck and helping with wall jump recoveries. Plus, it looks rather nice
i know that there are slowly moving platforms and that pillor thing but thats like a slight difference. i do like the stage though. i love how beautiful it looks and the music fits with it perfectly. i just never like fighting on that stage cause of how small it is.

Eureka

Smash Ace
I've noticed that a few of the stages that are banned are not competitively viable because of one or two major reasons. What if, for example.
  • Wily Castle, Mushroom Kingdoom U, and Pyrosphere didn't have enemies messing with the fight?
  • Jungle Hijinxs only had the foreground?
  • Skyworld had it's three smaller platforms permanently destroyed and its main platform indestructible (like in Project M)?
  • Kalos Pokemon League didn't have the intrusive hazards (does anyone like that stupid metal puddle anyway?).
Would that make those stages tourney legal? Will, or even can, Nintendo consider having an option for stages that modified them slightly like this?

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I've noticed that a few of the stages that are banned are not competitively viable because of one or two major reasons. What if, for example.
  • Wily Castle, Mushroom Kingdoom U, and Pyrosphere didn't have enemies messing with the fight?
  • Jungle Hijinxs only had the foreground?
  • Skyworld had it's three smaller platforms permanently destroyed and its main platform indestructible (like in Project M)?
  • Kalos Pokemon League didn't have the intrusive hazards (does anyone like that stupid metal puddle anyway?).
Would that make those stages tourney legal? Will, or even can, Nintendo consider having an option for stages that modified them slightly like this?
1.) Wily Castle and MKU, probably, Pyrosphere would most likely be a counter-pick/doubles starter.
2.) Jungle Hijinx would probably be a counter-pick
3.) Skyworld, maybe
4.) Kalos Pokemon League, counter-pick/doubles starter, maybe.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
With the advent of Ryu, Suzaku Castle is an obvious pick.

I'm hoping for something similar to the Crusade fangame's version, but a walk-off stage is sadly also likely.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I've said it once before in another thread, but I want to see a stage for R.O.B. No, not a miscellaneous retro stage that R.O.B. just happens to fight on when you unlock him with his only piece of music slapped on it, I mean a stage to actually represent his franchise. I just find it ridiculous that R.O.B. still doesn't have a stage of his own after being here for two Smash games now, especially considering every other character-represented universe in the game, including the new ones, has at least one. A Gyromite-themed stage would be the most obvious choice, possibly with some periodic stage scrolling like Dream Land on 3DS. However, some elements from Stack-Up could also be implemented (falling blocks, enemies from bingo mode) to make it a more general stage that represents both of the Robot Series games. To top it all off, they could make an 8-bit Gyromite/Stack-Up medley for the stage and move the Brawl version over to it. With the discovery of the placeholder stage slots, I feel like this idea could become a reality. I dunno, maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. I'd certainly pay good money for it, thoughHINT.

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
I think both versions of Smash 4 kind of missed the mark with the stages. If I could bring back past stages (and port some over) my choices would be:

64 - None really, since I think they're all blocky, ugly and uninteresting. Sector Z might make for a good 8-Player stage, though, if we have to have a Star Fox one. It's better than getting Corneria for the upteenth time.
Melee - Princess Peach's Castle, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams. Great Bay would make a good choice for the 3DS version, due to Majora's Mask getting its remake on that system. I wish someone would explain what makes Fourside so great. People keep wanting to bring it back while I've always hated that stage.
Brawl - Nothing's really missing from here (and I think they brought back too many Brawl stages to begin with). Perhaps the Pirate Ship, since Wind Waker got a Wii U remake and Toon Link is missing a stage in that version. Oh and New Pork City to come along with Lucas.
3DS - Mute City and Magicant should've made it in the Wii U version. They both come from console games, so idk why the only new F-Zero and EarthBound stages are 3DS exclusive. Gerudo Valley also should make its way over to the console version. It's such a great stage, and the three there I either don't like (Skyloft), am tired of seeing (Temple), or both (Bridge). I also really liked the N's Castle stage and wish it was on the Wii U version. Only two Pokemon stages for either version is kind of a gip imo.
Wii U (to 3DS) - I think the Pilotwings stage should've been on the handheld version, since Pilotwings Resort was on the 3DS. I never choose it because Wuhu Island is pretty much the same thing, only more interesting. Luigi's Mansion also should've been on 3DS if they weren't going to make a stage based on the new game. Guess we just had to have Golden Plains, huh?

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
What do you all think of a stage pack within ten stages for SSB Wii U (2 stages each version before Wii U, 2 stages new)?

My ideas:
-N64 Hyrule Castle. I loved Hyrule Castle. It's really fun to play on, and I can't wait to see what Sakurai could do with the updated graphics nowadays. Plus The Legend of Zelda needs more stages because it's such a huge franchise.
-N64 Saffron City. Same as Hyrule Castle.
-Melee Poké Floats. Pokémon needs more stages and this is the only one which I think would fit into Wii U, also because it's very original and much people seem to like it.
-Melee Fountain of Dreams. Kirby needs also more stages (which aren't from Kirby Super Star/Fun Pak). I think this is a beautiful stage which could be more beautiful with the nowadays graphics. Plus the Fountain of Dreams music which is found (on the 3DS version at least, but let's hope for some more Fountain of Dreams at Wii U).
-Brawl Hanenbow. There were icons found of Electroplankton while data mining, so I think the team was working on it but it wasn't complete. And I secretly love Hanenbow.
-Brawl Summit. That Ice Climbers aren't here, doesn't mean that there can't be a stage. I really hope for that, because I want some new Ice Climber remixes! Plus it can't be that there wasn't a level for the Ice Climbers when they were intended, because they worked on Wii U.
-3DS Mute City. Wii U version needs a new F-Zero level! And they can find it here, at 3DS Mute City.
-3DS Magicant. Same as Mute City.
-*NEW* Rhythm Heaven. Someone from Rhythm Heaven was intended into SSB Wii U/3DS, so there must be a stage. Why aren't they bringing it then?
-*NEW* Urchin Underpass. Something has to do with Splatoon. A new series needs to be known and that can be done with a Smash game! And hell I would love a Splatoon stage!

When the stage pack comes out, everyone will get *NEW* Miiverse for free. Plus, the update will bring "Alpha" stages (puts the stage hazards, such as Ridley, Yellow Devil and Flying Men out).

Last edited:

Eureka

Smash Ace
What do you all think of a stage pack within ten stages for SSB Wii U (2 stages each version before Wii U, 2 stages new)?

My ideas:
-N64 Hyrule Castle. I loved Hyrule Castle. It's really fun to play on, and I can't wait to see what Sakurai could do with the updated graphics nowadays. Plus The Legend of Zelda needs more stages because it's such a huge franchise.
-N64 Saffron City. Same as Hyrule Castle.
-Melee Poké Floats. Pokémon needs more stages and this is the only one which I think would fit into Wii U, also because it's very original and much people seem to like it.
-Melee Fountain of Dreams. Kirby needs also more stages (which aren't from Kirby Super Star/Fun Pak). I think this is a beautiful stage which could be more beautiful with the nowadays graphics. Plus the Fountain of Dreams music which is found (on the 3DS version at least, but let's hope for some more Fountain of Dreams at Wii U).
-Brawl Hanenbow. There were icons found of Electroplankton while data mining, so I think the team was working on it but it wasn't complete. And I secretly love Hanenbow.
-Brawl Summit. That Ice Climbers aren't here, doesn't mean that there can't be a stage. I really hope for that, because I want some new Ice Climber remixes! Plus it can't be that there wasn't a level for the Ice Climbers when they were intended, because they worked on Wii U.
-3DS Mute City. Wii U version needs a new F-Zero level! And they can find it here, at 3DS Mute City.
-3DS Magicant. Same as Mute City.
-*NEW* Rhythm Heaven. Someone from Rhythm Heaven was intended into SSB Wii U/3DS, so there must be a stage. Why aren't they bringing it then?
-*NEW* Urchin Underpass. Something has to do with Splatoon. A new series needs to be known and that can be done with a Smash game! And hell I would love a Splatoon stage!

When the stage pack comes out, everyone will get *NEW* Miiverse for free. Plus, the update will bring "Alpha" stages (puts the stage hazards, such as Ridley, Yellow Devil and Flying Men out).
- Hyrule Castle would be a super wacky stage for Smash 4. While aspects of the stage aren't much a problem in Smash 64, I don't think they'd transfer over well. Take the tent area for instance, it's awesome in the N64 game because you can bounce people off it for really cool combos, but in later games the fact you can wall tech turns it into a cave of life. The stage size would also be a much bigger problem then the original Smash Brothers.
- Saffron City's walls and size would pose a similar problem, and don't talk to Ness players about that stage,
- Poké Floats would be cool to see back, it's definitely unique and fun, even if it's not tourney viable.
- I'm honestly surprised more people haven't talked about FoD making a comeback, considering how awesome it looks and plays on, along with the weird thing of Kirby characters appearing on Battlefield. It would be awsome to see Fountain in HD too.
- Screw Hanenbow. Seriously though, I really didn't like that stage, but if you like it more power to you.
- Summit was another stage I didn't like too much, but if they put in some actual ledges then it would be a lot better.
- I think if they add an F-Zero stage it will be a new one, or more likely Big Blue if they want an existing stage.
- Yeah, Magicant, but that Flying Man tho. Also I'm pretty certain that Nintendo won't take stages from one game and put them in the other, since they want people to buy both games and there be differences between them.
And new stages based on Rhythm Heaven and Splatoon sound like they could happen, but I'm not that familiar with either. I've never heard anything about a Rhythm Heaven charecter being planned though. I would love to have an option like alpha stages, but I don't think we'd get one for each stage. But I still think it may happen, especially because some of them seem like simple changes (why would you even Nabbit Nintendo?).

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There is no "definitely". We don't know what music the stage officially has till released. Likely, sure.

DittoMaster6

Smash Cadet
My ideas:

Meta Crystal/Metal Cavern - It's nothing special, but the music that plays during the Metal Mario fight would be even better if it got a remix. And who knows? Maybe if it's included, there could be an event where you fight Metal Mario as a throwback to Smash 64. That'd be cool.

Subspace - I don't know about you, but after completing the Subspace Emissary, I was kinda disappointed that there wasn't a Subspace stage to fight on. Aesthetically, Subspace looks really cool, and there's a lot of options you could have for a layout in the stage.

Bowser's Castle - Incredibly obvious idea is incredibly obvious. It's music would entirely compose of Bowser battle themes and Bowser castle themes. But here's a little thought I had: What if the normal stage was based off the castles in the New Super Mario Bros games, but the Omega Stage was based off of the platform where the final Bowser fight in Super Mario 64 occurred, minus the stage breaking apart, and the bombs? Hey, Bowser STILL hasn't had a stage to call his own, there are worse ideas.

Palace of Twilight - This one has been stuck in my mind for quite some time: A stage where Zant changes the layout of the stage every now and then, while shooting red energy balls at you. It'd be REALLY cool.

Eureka

Smash Ace
I think we can all safely assume Dream Land 64 will be a legal stage, Suzaku Castle will not (walk off? BANNED!), Hyrule Castle will probably not, but what about Peach's Castle? I know it's a counter pick in Smash 64, will that be the case in Smash 4? Also I just realized a lot of the announced stages are castles.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think we can all safely assume Dream Land 64 will be a legal stage, Suzaku Castle will not (walk off? BANNED!), Hyrule Castle will probably not, but what about Peach's Castle? I know it's a counter pick in Smash 64, will that be the case in Smash 4? Also I just realized a lot of the announced stages are castles.
We need Saffron City for us common folk. :troll:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
If we're talking about reviving past stages for DLC, Poke Floats. That's all I want. Fourside would be nice, too.

Top Bottom