• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Which, again, doesn't matter. Game and Watch's Final Smash can't swim either, it just floats.

I never even noticed there was water in Mushroom Kingdom U.
Swim, float, whatever, we can't go in it as it's beyond the blastzone.

There's only few videos of the stage, so it's hard to notice.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Combined, the 3DS and Wii U versions have 80 stages
It's actually 81 (if one counts Miiverse)..... but yeah, you're absolutely right and I never saw it that way......
Swim, float, whatever, we can't go in it as it's beyond the blastzone.

There's only few videos of the stage, so it's hard to notice.
What about this magical thing called "taking photos while on pause"?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It's actually 81 (if one counts Miiverse)..... but yeah, you're absolutely right and I never saw it that way......

What about this magical thing called "taking photos while on pause"?
I guess it would be hard to take the photo considering it's beyond the blastzone and the "bubblezone", if there's a name for it.

Strofirko

Smash Master
So,after we knowing every single stage on the wiiu version,this thread turned kinda " irrelevant",someone could update the OP putting the final list of the stages on the wiiu version,mentioning their traits,physics,stage hazards,or something else....

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So,after we knowing every single stage on the wiiu version,this thread turned kinda " irrelevant",someone could update the OP putting the final list of the stages on the wiiu version,mentioning their traits,physics,stage hazards,or something else....
There's still DLC possibility......

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Combined, the 3DS and Wii U versions have 80 stages
Yes I know but just the way he said it was suspicious to me.
There's a lot of people who either can't afford an entire handheld for one game or can't get mommy and daddy to spend 300+ dollars on a 3DS/Smash Bros.

And even then it's not like you can link the two games and get each amount of stages so, idk... just... **** that comment, lol.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Yes I know but just the way he said it was suspicious to me.
There's a lot of people who either can't afford an entire handheld for one game or can't get mommy and daddy to spend 300+ dollars on a 3DS/Smash Bros.

And even then it's not like you can link the two games and get each amount of stages so, idk... just... **** that comment, lol.
No I agree with you, when Im playing Wii U, 3DS stages don't count. For me, Stage Builder is the main condolence here, and I suspect the low number of stages made by devs might encourage people to try making their own

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I wish one of the Animal Crossing stages wasn't on a floating platform. :glare:
Add a little variety because the two stages are nearly identical.

Weldar

Smash Cadet
No I agree with you, when Im playing Wii U, 3DS stages don't count. For me, Stage Builder is the main condolence here, and I suspect the low number of stages made by devs might encourage people to try making their own
While its true the stages for the other version don't count while you're just playing one you do have the remember the developers were actually working on both the games at the same time. You say making up for the low number of stages made by the devs but the devs did actually make around 80 stages (or around 45-50 if you're only counting new, I can't really be bothered for an exact count). They made a lot of stages on the whole, just had to be split up between two different games. It makes each individual package look kind of disappointing but it was kind of to be expected, and overall is still fairly reasonable.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Miiverse stage comes with other stages in a pack just as Mewtwo comes with other characters in a pack.

This is what's going to happen.

THIS IS WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Miiverse stage comes with other stages in a pack just as Mewtwo comes with other characters in a pack.

This is what's going to happen.

THIS IS WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.
No, Miiverse is going to be added in a patch. Mewtwo will be actual DLC you can get free if you have both versions. These are two different scenarios all-together.

Although, technically, Miiverse is somewhat accurate. Miiverse is going to be added in a patch with a variety of game modes.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
While its true the stages for the other version don't count while you're just playing one you do have the remember the developers were actually working on both the games at the same time. You say making up for the low number of stages made by the devs but the devs did actually make around 80 stages (or around 45-50 if you're only counting new, I can't really be bothered for an exact count). They made a lot of stages on the whole, just had to be split up between two different games. It makes each individual package look kind of disappointing but it was kind of to be expected, and overall is still fairly reasonable.
Well I mean specifically the low number of stages on the Wii U version. I understand it took a lot of effort to make all the stages in both versions but we're mostly going to be playing the Wii U version when it launches

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
No, Miiverse is going to be added in a patch. Mewtwo will be actual DLC you can get free if you have both versions. These are two different scenarios all-together.

Although, technically, Miiverse is somewhat accurate. Miiverse is going to be added in a patch with a variety of game modes.
Hey you mind your own business. :smash:;)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

Also, SMASH 64 STAGE KONGO JUNGLE RETURNS!!
I was really hoping for Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, or the Super Mario Bros. Stage. I loved going into the pipes as a kid.
Kongo Jungle was a good one too. I really hope some Donkey Kong Country music play on that stage. David Wise is a great composer.

Luigi-man

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yassinius
3DS FC
5284-1979-1070
I was really hoping for Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, or the Super Mario Bros. Stage. I loved going into the pipes as a kid.
Kongo Jungle was a good one too. I really hope some Donkey Kong Country music play on that stage. David Wise is a great composer.
If it doesn't take too much space, bringing back all the n64 stages would be awesome :p It would have it's own section called 'n64 stages'. But again, only if it wouldn't take too much space.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
If it doesn't take too much space, bringing back all the n64 stages would be awesome :p It would have it's own section called 'n64 stages'. But again, only if it wouldn't take too much space.
Stages shouldn't take up that much space (storage wise). Level data isn't very huge, especially past levels since they have lower res assets.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Besides, if there's one N64 stage to have playable in multiplayer, it should have been this:

The VERY FIRST thing I do when I get this game is recreate that stage in the stage builder.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Guys there wont be downloadable stages Sakurai said this. I just create an Thread for this. -_-"
No he didn't. I don't know what you're getting at. He said there's no plans at this time for DLC. He never said their won't be downloadable stages, characters, etc. You're reading way too much into this, especially when Sakurai said the exact same thing a short while before Mewtwo was revealed.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Guys there wont be downloadable stages Sakurai said this. I just create an Thread for this. -_-"
As I've explained in your thread, you took what he said out of context, someone already made the thread to begin with. Please read things more carefully next time.

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Well, that's disappointing, Some franchises that had 3 stages in Brawl now have 2, plus they brought back bad ones like Eldin Bridge instead of Pirate Ship, Norfair instead of Frigate Orpheon, just to mention those.

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I think we'll get 5 DLC packs, one for each game(including 3DS) and one with new stages. Here are my ideas for the packs:
64:
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City
Metal Cavern
Melee:
Fourside
Fountain of Dreams
Pokéfloats
Brawl:
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Hanenbow
3DS:
Reset Bomb Forest
Mute City
Magicant
New:
Gyromite
Chaos Vortex
Clock Town's Clock Tower(MM3D!)

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
In the Game Explain review he says that the 8 player and 5-6 player smash stage roster is different... I thought it WASN'T though?
Maybe I just need to wait and play it...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
In the Game Explain review he says that the 8 player and 5-6 player smash stage roster is different... I thought it WASN'T though?
Maybe I just need to wait and play it...
I don't remember where, but it was said that there were more stages playable for 5-6 players than for 7-8 players.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Yeah like Wii Fit Studio and Wuhu Island are available in 5-6 but not 7-8

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Somebody please tell me all the stages
That's interesting. If that's the case, it messes up with the roster:

So, either the roster WON'T be clean at the end, or there's several more stages we don't know about and the list will expand to 7 columns.
This is it, except "Flat Zone 2" is actually "Flat Zone X", a combination of Flat Zone's 1 and 2. Miiverse is not available yet, and there is no stage at the "?" at the top.

Learn to read -_-"
That too.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
How are we looking in terms of competitively viable stages?
I think PS2 should be legal this time around.
I also think Kalos Pokemon league should be legal due to the fact that none of the hazards last for long, they are low damage, and the aren't random and are well choreographed.

Last edited:

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
I also think Kalos Pokemon league should be legal due to the fact that none of the hazards last for long, they are low damage, and the aren't random and are well choreographed.
Here's the list of legal stages I came up with

Legel
Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Final Destination
Mario Circuit (Wii U)
Delphino Plaza
Skyloft
Norfair
Halberd
Orbital Gate Assault
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Town and City
Smashville
Duck Hunt
Pilot Wings
Wuhu Island
Windy Hill Zone
Miiverse

Well See
Mario Galaxy
Luigi's Mansion
Wooly World
Jungle Hijinx
Port Town Aero Dive
Coliseum
Garden of Hope
Wii Fit Studio
Wrecking Crew

Probably Not
Mushroom Kingdom U
Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Yoshi's Island
Gamer
Kalos Pokemon League
Onett
Skyworld

Banned
Boxing Ring
Gaur Plains
Wily Castle
75m
Temple
Bridge of Eldin
Pyrosphere
The Great Cave Offensive
Flatzone X
Palutena's Temple
Pac-Land

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Umm, from what I've seen, these ones look pretty safe to me:
Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Wuhu Island
Pilotwings
Smashville
Town and City
Kongo Jungle
Halberd
Skyloft
Lylat Cruise
Duck Hunt
Pokemon Stadium 2
Orbital Gate

(iffy choices but still might work):
Wii Fit (walk-offs)
Coliseum (walk-offs)
Windy Hill (a bit big)
Mario Circuit 8 (shy guys)
Jungle Hijinks (explore background/foreground mechanic)
Gamer (depends on how frequent Mom shows up and how much area her attacks cover)
Castle Siege
Bridge of Eldin (walk-offs)
Mario Galaxy (big, walk-offs)
Boxing Ring (just ****ing weird)
Port Town Aero Dive
Wrecking Crew (weird platforms, oil drums can trap you)
Norfair (lava)
Wooly World

I haven't seen a ton of footage of every stage, so bear with me if I'm not aware of a glaring stage hazard.
Also this is just my opinion. please don't hurt me.

Last edited:

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Umm, from what I've seen, these ones look pretty safe to me:
(iffy choices but still might work):
Wii Fit (walk-offs)
Coliseum (walk-offs)
Windy Hill (a bit big)
Mario Circuit 8 (shy guys)
Jungle Hijinks (explore background/foreground mechanic)
Gamer (depends on how frequent Mom shows up and how much area her attacks cover)
Castle Siege
Bridge of Eldin (walk-offs)
Mario Galaxy (big, walk-offs)
Boxing Ring (just ****ing weird)
Port Town Aero Dive
Wrecking Crew (weird platforms, oil drums can trap you)
Norfair (lava)
Wooly World
Castle Siege isn't really iffy; it was legal in brawl and with the removal of chain grabs the stage is that much better.
Windy Hill Zone isn't really that big. Kills happen at about the same percent, and only half the windmill is on the stage at one time.

Top Bottom