• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Stage Builder is probably the most disappointing feature so far in Smash Bros 4 overall. So nice you can draw out the level but real lame you can't make them look actually visually pleasing since it's lacking so much.

Also the lack of gameplay elements like conveyor belts, ice blocks, falling blocks, etc... just why?
Stage Builder has always been disappointing :awesome:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I don't get the stage builder hate just because of the lack of gimmicks?
Disappointments does not mean hate.

I really really appreciate I can draw out the layout now, that is a huge plus. But I am disappointed that they cut out almost every gimmick that Brawl had in its builder. I think it's a weird omission and would limit my ideas for stages. I feel they took a huge step forward but several small steps back.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It certainly has.. but they finally got it right this time, except they removed some features that should've stayed. :<
Although to be fair, we haven't seen every unlock on the Challenges screen, have we? Until then, are we sure that it lost all those features?

Naoshi

Although to be fair, we haven't seen every unlock on the Challenges screen, have we? Until then, are we sure that it lost all those features?
Someone has said they've done almost everything and have not come across a single stage builder part unlock. It's extremely unlikely that he just happens to somehow miss all of them if he already played the game that much.

I would love to be wrong though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Someone has said they've done almost everything and have not come across a single stage builder part unlock. It's extremely unlikely that he just happens to somehow miss all of them if he already played the game that much.

Or he was under embargo to not show it? I dunno. Probably not, which is too bad. Well, I guess we'll find out more tomorrow.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Me too, but as you said, not all stages are revealed and maybe "make _ stages" is among them

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I guess they combined Flat Zone 1 & 2 into one stage called Flat Zone X.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
So it seems Flat Zone X is the last stage, someone unlocked all of them.

Image 1
Image 2

There are 47 stages (Miiverse stage is the 47th), and then we have a chance of more DLC stages, hopefully Earthbound/Mother and F-Zero get a new stage + a 2nd Zelda and Pokemon new stage, I just am confused as to how Toon Link doesn't have a stage, they could of brought back Pirate Ship instead of Bridge of Elden for example.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So it seems Flat Zone X is the last stage, someone unlocked all of them.

Image 1
Image 2

There are 47 stages (Miiverse stage is the 47th), and then we have a chance of more DLC stages, hopefully Earthbound/Mother and F-Zero get a new stage + a 2nd Zelda and Pokemon new stage, I just am confused as to how Toon Link doesn't have a stage, they could of brought back Pirate Ship instead of Bridge of Elden for example.
that's cool, though. I am happy with the selection of stages. The 3DS version had a lot of stages i found unbearable to play (tomodachi, save the crown, nintendogs, etc) while the Wii U really does not have a single stage i dislike. Hooray!

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
That's only 5 more than Brawl, and 21 are from previous games. Embarrassing, but not surprising.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yeah another victim of the 3DS version is the disappointing stage roster on the WiiU one.
Still pretty good, but you cannot stop thinking about what could've been. Transfering all the 3DS exclusive stages alone on WiiU would be more than enough. Ugh. **** the 3DS version.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
People complain there are only 46 stages but I'm just going to be sitting at home with my 80 stages.

Even with 46, I'm pretty happy with this stage roster.

Naoshi

People complain there are only 46 stages but I'm just going to be sitting at home with my 80 stages.

Even with 46, I'm pretty happy with this stage roster.
I plan on moving on from the 3DS version once I get the Wii U game. I consider both of them separate games even though they are paired titles. (Seriously, they're 2 titles I've paid full price of each.)

I don't mind too much that there's 46 stages, but I find it really disappointing that Mother and F-Zero don't get any new stages on Wii U (I mean, Magicant HD and Mute City would've been perfect to port over). And no franchise has a 2nd new stage (except Mario), which is kind of weird considering Zelda and Pokemon has 2 brand new stages on 3DS. I mean, I was for sure thinking Zelda, DK and Pokemon would get a 2nd new stage on Wii U... ah well at least DK got his N64 stage back which is pretty neat.

Still though, there's less new stages on Wii U than there is in Brawl, so it's not gonna feel as fresh. I don't think the stage roster is terrible, but it certainly could've been better. But with DLC I'm sure it'll fix things.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Yeah another victim of the 3DS version is the disappointing stage roster on the WiiU one.
Still pretty good, but you cannot stop thinking about what could've been. Transfering all the 3DS exclusive stages alone on WiiU would be more than enough. Ugh. **** the 3DS version.
Yep. A Wind Waker HD, Tropical Freeze & 3D World stage would've been perfect for this version. I would swap each of them with Wolly World at any time... :/ But I think it was important to get the game out on black friday / holiday season, so we might (or rather will) get new stages sometime in 2015.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
In all honesty, I do not recommend being salty or disappointed with this stage selection. In fact, I see this as the starting point with a lot more to come.

Mario kart 8 just has proven that Nintendo is able to produce amazing Dlc and with Miiverse they have a very potent way of watching fan request.

Heck, I strongly advise you to create the classic stages you want with the stage builder only to put them up for download. Thats another way to show nintendo what we want.

Bottom line: the game is developed and Sakurai has everything in it he wanted. Now its our turn to tell him what we want in addition :-)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
In all honesty, I do not recommend being salty or disappointed with this stage selection. In fact, I see this as the starting point with a lot more to come.

Mario kart 8 just has proven that Nintendo is able to produce amazing Dlc and with Miiverse they have a very potent way of watching fan request.

Heck, I strongly advise you to create the classic stages you want with the stage builder only to put them up for download. Thats another way to show nintendo what we want.

Bottom line: the game is developed and Sakurai has everything in it he wanted. Now its our turn to tell him what we want in addition :-)
Well, it could've been better, but as you said, DLC may be our way to tell Sakurai what we want (I want Magicant HD too, so beautiful)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh, I'm not salty about the stage selection, and I'm definitely expecting more to come next year. We can still speculate on what may come as DLC now.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i may not of gotten that nintendo land stage, but i got skyloft, wrecking crew, mario galaxy, wuhu island and delfino plaza returing so overall im happy

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
*grumbles unintelligibly to self*

Seriously though; kinda depressing but... and I hate to even think this--
DLC will cure my woes.
I'm sure the DLC stages will be outstanding.

I can see an N64 pack in the future... my heart is fluttering just thinking of it.

I had fun speculating with y'all.
Have fun with the game! :)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't want to make stupid speculations, but...

There's exactly the room needed for a DLC tab, nex to the Normal and Custom tabs.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't want to make stupid speculations, but...

There's exactly the room needed for a DLC tab, nex to the Normal and Custom tabs.
Yes, and we know there's arrows in the 3DS room as well. I'm pretty sure we will get a DLC tab. Now, I'm 50/50 on whether or not Miiverse will be on said tab at this point.

Last edited:

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
*grumbles unintelligibly to self*

Seriously though; kinda depressing but... and I hate to even think this--
DLC will cure my woes.
I'm sure the DLC stages will be outstanding.

I can see an N64 pack in the future... my heart is fluttering just thinking of it.

I had fun speculating with y'all.
Have fun with the game! :)
If smash follows hyrule warriors and mario kart's trend, we'll be getting some really cool DLCs.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Or between them, yep.

Also, I was thinking... What stage is it, in the end?

We can only swim in two stages, Wuhu Island and Delfino Plaza, and neither have this kind of water.
Pretty sure its Delfino. And the thing is, the background changes when Mr. Game and Watch's Final Smash is active, that's why the water looks different.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Pretty sure its Delfino. And the thing is, the background changes when Mr. Game and Watch's Final Smash is active, that's why the water looks different.
Still, Delfino's water is really different.

And the background should still be visible too, despite the color change.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Or between them, yep.

Also, I was thinking... What stage is it, in the end?

We can only swim in two stages, Wuhu Island and Delfino Plaza, and neither have this kind of water.
Still, Delfino's water is really different.

And the background should still be visible too, despite the color change.
There is another thing that should be noted. Game and Watch's Final Smash doesn't "swim," it just floats. That can literally be any stage with water.

EDIT: Ok, so there are only two stages with water. That's different from saying the only stages where you can swim.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
There is another thing that should be noted. Game and Watch's Final Smash doesn't "swim," it just floats. That can literally be any stage with water.

EDIT: Ok, so there are only two stages with water. That's different from saying the only stages where you can swim.
Well, you could try to swim in Norfair's lava, but I don't think that's recommended :troll:

That water texture is weird. Especially considering it's not an old picture: it was release on the 24th of October. It has a Wind Waker look, yet it's transparent.

Top Bottom