• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
From a series as vast, memorable and filled with epic locations like Sonic The Hedgehog, I'm not.
smash bros has always had a trend to go for recent thing locations when it comes to stages its not always the case but is a trend

is it really worth getting upset over?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
smash bros has always had a trend to go for recent thing locations when it comes to stages its not always the case but is a trend

Yup, this means we'll get very few industrial music tracks for Sonic, or industrial tracks on an unfitting place.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yup, this means we'll get very few industrial music tracks for Sonic, or industrial tracks on an unfitting place.
Oh well if you want to get upset over music that's your business

Personally I'm just glad sonic is returning at all

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I also think Windy Hill was a pretty bad stage choice, but the Sonic series isn't the only one that I believe has fallen victim to the rule of "recency over memorability", so I don't fault the stage specifically.

BloderModer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4748-9425
Just played through Donkey Kong Country : Tropical Freeze and Punch Bowl would be the PERFECT Smash Bros. Stage.
In Tropical Freeze, Punch Bowl is an arena where you meet the next to last boss Bashmaster the Unbreakable, a giant polar bear. It's a colosseum-like structure where the penguin snowmads watch the fight and cheers on, there are waterfalls, the arena is filled with fruit-juice (filled with piranhas), there are views of the ocean and the fight takes place on a flat ice-platform that floats in the middle of the liquid.

Additions could include breakable ice-structures sent out by the bashmaster, piranhas that slowly drain life when you're in the liquid and platforms that come and go.

It's a relevant stage, a perfect representation of DK.

The music is very cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkxrXWokYqQ

And I just like it.

(Googled quick and found this video of the fight, low quality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTNjWt3Rf44

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Just played through Donkey Kong Country : Tropical Freeze and Punch Bowl would be the PERFECT Smash Bros. Stage.
In Tropical Freeze, Punch Bowl is an arena where you meet the next to last boss Bashmaster the Unbreakable, a giant polar bear. It's a colosseum-like structure where the penguin snowmads watch the fight and cheers on, there are waterfalls, the arena is filled with fruit-juice (filled with piranhas), there are views of the ocean and the fight takes place on a flat ice-platform that floats in the middle of the liquid.

Additions could include breakable ice-structures sent out by the bashmaster, piranhas that slowly drain life when you're in the liquid and platforms that come and go.

It's a relevant stage, a perfect representation of DK.

The music is very cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkxrXWokYqQ

And I just like it.

(Googled quick and found this video of the fight, low quality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTNjWt3Rf44
Sunset Shores, Gangplank Galleon and Punch Bowl, DK has become big enough to have those three amazing new stages.

ryuu seika

Smash Master

Lets rethink this slightly.

Water base to the stage with a percentage increase over time to mimick the piranhas. Major boss character in the background. Giant ice block for the stage that can be swayed slightly.
Seems good.

Now for the main gimmick, changing platforms:

Every time Bashmaster smashes his hammer down in the background, transparent ice blocks fall from the sky, settling into place in one of several randomly chosen patterns, much like a more subjued pictochat.
This would form the platforms of the stage's non-FD forms.

I think Area 6 from Lylat Wars could be a great SF stage!
Really? I get that it's an integral moment, being the final approach on venom and all, but it's just space, with one planet slowly approaching and some ships about.
It's not an impressive locale and would bring absolutely nothing to Smash.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Scrap Brain on Green Hill IS SO FITTING.
Well when you can only have 1 stage, there's no other way. Of course, that was Brawl. If we got Planet Wisp, like you said, we'd be able to find a great medium, but alas, this is not the case.

****in' space station Rainbow Road :D
Much better than 3DS Rainbow Road IMO. Still goes beyond a road like the former, but feels more natural here and less forced. Also, we get a freaking crowd of spectators!

EDIT: Oops, double post. Can someone fix that?

Last edited by a moderator:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Much better than 3DS Rainbow Road IMO. Still goes beyond a road like the former, but feels more natural here and less forced. Also, we get a freaking crowd of spectators!

EDIT: Oops, double post. Can someone fix that?
Well, I can't give an opinion on that because 3DS Rainbow Road has to be one of my favorite Rainbow Roads. But I do like how this one's taking a more Sci-Fi approach after the natural, organic feeling of MKWii's and 7's Rainbow Road.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
there should be TWO Kid Icarus stages for 3ds imho.

also, I would like to see some sort of donkey kong freeze for the U.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I still feel like we have a lot of stages yet to be revealed. We need stages for the following franchises on both versions (unless retro stages count for franchises like Kirby and Donkey Kong):

Donkey Kong, Kirby, Yoshi, F-Zero, Earthbound, Wario, Star Fox and Ice Climbers (Balloon fight count for 3DS.)

For 3DS we haven't seen a stage for Wii Fit trainer, Megaman, Pikmin, or Sonic.

This doesn't include any unrevealed new comer stages and any of the returning characters. Did I miss any?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I think i said it a dozen or so pages back, but im gonna assume since we got a few past stages like jungle japes and the halberd back for a reason. And i think that reason is to give some series and characters a stage that would be easy and also so they wouldnt have to create new stages for some series that didnt get a whole lot between brawl and now . Dk has returns for our wiiu stage, but since there wasnt anything recent for the handheld portion they brought back jungle japes. I also think that will happen with f-zero and we might just get the one from brawl again. I know everyone and myself included thinks that every single series should get a new stage, but i just get the feeling it wont happen, especially if they continue the trend of modern stages from the wii era, past stages are the next best thing they could do i suppose especially for series like ice climbers where they have nothing left to pull from.

I doubt many will really take what of said into consideration though

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
You know what? I want the ability for classic mode to use old stages too. Fighting on New Pork against Ness and Lucas every time is obnoxious.

I am of course assuming classic is returning, but this really refers to any mode that will use multiplayer stages. Use all of them, not just the new ones.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I think i said it a dozen or so pages back, but im gonna assume since we got a few past stages like jungle japes and the halberd back for a reason. And i think that reason is to give some series and characters a stage that would be easy and also so they wouldnt have to create new stages for some series that didnt get a whole lot between brawl and now . Dk has returns for our wiiu stage, but since there wasnt anything recent for the handheld portion they brought back jungle japes. I also think that will happen with f-zero and we might just get the one from brawl again. I know everyone and myself included thinks that every single series should get a new stage, but i just get the feeling it wont happen, especially if they continue the trend of modern stages from the wii era, past stages are the next best thing they could do i suppose especially for series like ice climbers where they have nothing left to pull from.

I doubt many will really take what of said into consideration though
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thinks this is the case. I'm starting to doubt that we'll get new stages for Mother, F-Zero, Ice Climber, etc, and instead, they'll just bring back past stages for those series. The theme for stages is supposed to be "console and handheld", but really, it's shaping up to be "Wii/Wii U or 3DS". Series without games on those systems will probably just get past stages instead.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
What non Final Destination or Battlefield stages do you guys think have a chance at being legal?

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
I don't actually care.....but I think arena ferox, prism tower, super Mario galaxy and the wii fit studio.
How could I forget Town and City? Since it's basically a newer Smashville, that'll probably be a safe choice, too. A few other stages I think might be fine off are Garden of Hope, Kalos Pokemon League, Boxing Ring, Wily Castle (depending on how often Yellow Devil shows up,) Living Room, Tortimer Island, and maybe Pyrosphere.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
How could I forget Town and City? Since it's basically a newer Smashville, that'll probably be a safe choice, too. A few other stages I think might be fine off are Garden of Hope, Kalos Pokemon League, Boxing Ring, Wily Castle (depending on how often Yellow Devil shows up,) Living Room, Tortimer Island, and maybe Pyrosphere.
oh yeah! I must have a pikmin stage on the 3ds....I don't care it must happen.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I really hope the boxing ring stage uses the theme from NES Pro-Wrestling as one of it's song. It seems somewhat logical to me.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I've posted this before, and I'm posting it again:
"Final Destination 2"
It's as big as FD but it has two levels of ground with a slope connecting them, and no hazards or platforms.
It's a simple yet unique layout that'd stir some Match-ups up a lot.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
New stage approaching!

Orange Island from Kirby's Adventure (NES). A small stage that is perfect for both 2 and 4-player matches.
The red lines show where you can walk, the purple stars where you can ledge grab,
and the coconuts in the Palm Tree are weak hazards that fall down when hit.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I've posted this before, and I'm posting it again:
"Final Destination 2"
It's as big as FD but it has two levels of ground with a slope connecting them, and no hazards or platforms.
It's a simple yet unique layout that'd stir some Match-ups up a lot.
Certain characters get a huge advantage on one side.
For example, in Mario dittos, only the left player can use projectiles effectively, while Luigi's fireballs actually favour the right position.

I'm not sure this stage could be legal.

Zachattack471

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
I have always wanted to fight here with my friends
I just loved this boss arena and when i was a kid and honestly i still do today and now in the new ssb game there are bosses and king boo can be one of them i know its a long shot but it would be great

I would say Starship Mario or a Mario Galaxy themed stage is guaranteed.

:phone:
what do you think about an arena on the mario sunshine roller coaster

Zachattack471

Smash Rookie
Warning Received

Omg i want toad so bad

top 3 possible mains::4luigi::4greninja::4marth:

My friend max's mains::4fox::4littlemac::4megaman:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
and you think i got upset about toad based on what? the fact that im a toad fan
I love Scotland!

anyway.......would it hurt if I say toad will NEVER be playable? he shouldn't anyway imo.
waluigi daisy bowser j ect are more likely too.

Top Bottom