• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Wow, that's interesting.
I tried to watch the trailer over again, but the glare on the little TV prevents anything from being seen.
I dug up the thread again, the pic isn't great but here:

You can see the red hat and the colors of his normal outfit. It's not easy but it does look quite a bit like Ness. It could explain why we haven't seen it since.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
In fact, I see Jigglypuff's ear if anything.
I do see that hat though.
Howdy! I come from the social thread!
Anyway from what I see (and I've said this over there as well), it's probably Villager's reveal trailer.
I doubt Sakurai would hide something that cryptic. And that's saying something.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I dug up the thread again, the pic isn't great but here:

You can see the red hat and the colors of his normal outfit. It's not easy but it does look quite a bit like Ness. It could explain why we haven't seen it since.
I see Jigglypuff, but I guess this is a very valid point.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

You know, that's actually a really good question. I hadn't thought of that until now.

Conspiracy Theory: There was a big thing I posted about a long time back where you can kinda see Ness on the screen in the background (the TV) during the intro video. It looked like it might be playing the Melee intro or something. Maybe it's because the screen actually does have spoilers?
Never thought about that, but that could be a reason, though it shouldn't be hard for Sakurai to take pics now showing that, right? Or, maybe it's just a coincidence. Or maybe he saves that for when the Dashound is revealed to be playable. Hehe.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I fail to see the logic in that. It's highly unlikely that you'll get what you're looking for with just one egg, and going back and forth between Lumiose and the daycare hatching only one egg at a time would would take forever.
You collect all the eggs, fly to Lumiose and activate Hatching Power 3 at the middle of the Centrico Plaza lane, going in one direction without letting go of the D-Pad, the most efficient way to hatch eggs.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Look at the red line, then look to your left, there is Jiggs. To the right, is Ness.
Once again, assuming. We can't be for sure until we get a better look.
Like I said, the lens flare makes to where it could be anyone.
Though to me, it looks like a Mii with a red cap. Reference to the Nintendogs game on the 3DS?
Jiggs? It's hard to tell, as "it" gets the brunt of the lens flare. So it's hard to tell.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
You collect all the eggs, fly to Lumiose and activate Hatching Power 3 at the middle of the Centrico Plaza lane, going in one direction without letting go of the D-Pad, the most efficient way to hatch eggs.
I have zero idea why this is being talked about here, but yes. This person is much right.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
But then you're wasting time flying between two places. Just do it on Route 7 and use the Circle Pad so you stay moving when you turn around. Sure the plaza's easier, but when you're working with more a few parties worth of eggs it takes longer.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Hmm. The NintenDogs stage. Not a single time has it appeared in a Pic of the Day.

... why? :/
Didn't Sakurai say the dog would knock the blocks around and change the stage layout? Also, we haven't sen any of the New Leaf stage besides that pic with DK.

Edit: Also, the stage has appeared in several character page pics.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Didn't Sakurai say the dog would knock the blocks around and change the stage layout? Also, we haven't sen any of the New Leaf stage besides that pic with DK.

Edit: Also, the stage has appeared in several character page pics.

Nope, Sakurai never said that, I Believe GameXplain were the first to say that that MAY be the thing with the stage. ^^

And, yes, there are those pics, but they are all from the characters' Pages. Not a single one is from a Pic of the Day, which is very odd. Yes, only one pic of the 3DS Animal Crossing one, but that is a newly revealed stage. ^^ Same thing with that Mii stage, and that Palutena statue one.

Something is up. Nintendog playable.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Nope, Sakurai never said that, I Believe GameXplain were the first to say that that MAY be the thing with the stage. ^^

And, yes, there are those pics, but they are all from the characters' Pages. Not a single one is from a Pic of the Day, which is very odd. Yes, only one pic of the 3DS Animal Crossing one, but that is a newly revealed stage. ^^ Same thing with that Mii stage, and that Palutena statue one.

Something is up. Nintendog playable.
Ack, I was so sure he said it too.. I guess you're right.

I don't know if its been brought up, but do you think the TV is scrolling through snapshots the player's taken?
For example, we see a pic on the TV which is clearly Mario, and his bright colors suggests its from SSB4.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ack, I was so sure he said it too.. I guess you're right.

I don't know if its been brought up, but do you think the TV is scrolling through snapshots the player's taken?
For example, we see a pic on the TV which is clearly Mario, and his bright colors suggests its from SSB4.
No worries. ^^ Also, actually, according to people that has been looking at that TV veeeeery closely, that is most likely Ness and Jigglypuff on that screen. ^^ Which may mean it shows a random battle, shows footage from Brawl or something, or just shows some images/scenes of some characters.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I must be blind 'cause I still fail to see either Ness or Jiggles o.o
It is apparantly very hard to see, and of course that MAY not be true, but some people have spent time on this. ^^ Not sure who, but the'll probably show up soon enough to Point it out.

Hopefully. Not that I fear Jiggly or Ness are out.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think a cool stage Idea would be the histocrat battle from 3D World with the Snakes popping up adding platforms. sometimes they'll pop out with items on them, sometimes with broken plates and rarely with out any plates. it is about twice the size of brawls final destination and the snake's can pop out anywhere.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Can we talk about the Wii Fit stage? I have no idea what's up with it at all.
The platforms in some pictures are absent in others, and one picture doesn't even have any shadows of platforms.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Can we talk about the Wii Fit stage? I have no idea what's up with it at all.
The platforms in some pictures are absent in others, and one picture doesn't even have any shadows of platforms.

My guess would be they randomly pop in and out. OR, there's a way to switch between versions of stages, OR! Some were from earlier builds?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
It honestly wouldn't be that hard, but it's still sadly more than I see him doing.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Sakurai, you lazy *** :Y
Haha, it's not so much about laziness as it is about what the stage itself is. Obviously this is an assumption, but there are only 6 silhouette levels in all of DK, so I doubt it's something he see's as being "worthy" (for lack of a better word) of being the DK stage. If it was something more characteristic of the series, I wouldn't doubt he'd put the work in to do it.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Haha, it's not so much about laziness as it is about what the stage itself is. Obviously this is an assumption, but there are only 6 silhouette levels in all of DK, so I doubt it's something he see's as being "worthy" (for lack of a better word) of being the DK stage. If it was something more characteristic of the series, I wouldn't doubt he'd put the work in to do it.
Well, it's true that there's only 6 silhouette levels in all of DK, but they were some of the most memorable levels on the franchise, everything about them was amazing and I think that deserves some recognition, Spear Pillar only appeared once and you didn't even spend much time on it...but it's still an incredibly iconic and memorable location. I personally think the DK stages on this game should be Gangplank Galleon, Sunset Shores and 'Tropical Freeze' (A jungle-like level with snow and stuff)

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It's simple. Do this.

Have a 'generic' Returns stage, within a jungle/platform thing. Then, suddenly, as it's "hazard", it all goes dark for a while, and all characters are complete silhuettes. There, normal DK stage with a gorgeous twist. ^^

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It's simple. Do this.

Have a 'generic' Returns stage, within a jungle/platform thing. Then, suddenly, as it's "hazard", it all goes dark for a while, and all characters are complete silhuettes. There, normal DK stage with a gorgeous twist. ^^
Naaaaaaaaaaah, I would be like 'where's the filter? I want it to come!' then it comes, and when it goes off I would be like 'awwwww...:c' I think Jungle Japes already makes for a good jungle stage.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Naaaaaaaaaaah, I would be like 'where's the filter? I want it to come!' then it comes, and when it goes off I would be like 'awwwww...:c' I think Jungle Japes already makes for a good jungle stage.
Well, some said that the Silhuette levels aren't plenty enough to be it's own stage, so that was just one possible solution. :p

Also, for Bowser's Stage. What do you people want the most?

Bowser's Castle (lava, thwomps, fire traps, etc)

or

Bowser World (gorgeous neon lights, on top of the Tower with the Huge Bowser World in the background)?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, some said that the Silhuette levels aren't plenty enough to be it's own stage, so that was just one possible solution. :p

or

Bowser World (gorgeous neon lights, on top of the Tower with the Huge Bowser World in the background)?
What about from other Mario games? To add a bit more variety.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

or

Both, one's an incredibly iconic long-time location and one's a stunning new location.

Top Bottom