• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yes, but they're not dealbreakers.

What if Sakurai said that he originally planned to reveal those characters at E3 but backtracked at the last minute because of the myriad of things that can go wrong during video game development?
Then it's making excuses for parts of the Rumor that were clearly contradicted. Obviously this leak hasn't moved out of the public's eye, but the claims given turned out to be false, even if they weren't all false, and that's grounds for the being moved to the dead section. No one is complaining when leaks that claim "x will be the next character revealed" turn south.

I'm a bit busy watching the Little Mac trailer at the moment, but over the next few days, I'd search this thread for all leaks about Diddy and/or Dixie being the next reveals, cut them out of the picture, then search for any that mentioned Little Mac.
Well if you have any time to help with that it'd be much appreciated, it'd be quite the undertaking. You don't need to add them to the OP, but even pointing me in their direction would be something. Thanks though.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Then it's making excuses for parts of the Rumor that were clearly contradicted. Obviously this leak hasn't moved out of the public's eye, but the claims given turned out to be false, even if they weren't all false, and that's grounds for the being moved to the dead section. No one is complaining when leaks that "x will be the next character revealed" turn south.
Well if Pacman and Mii are included and he isn't an actual leaker then he should go play the lottery since he'll probably hit the jackpot.

Numerous times. >:[

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Oh, wow, Little Mac! He looks pretty neat as well. Looks like Salromano is taking the lead, and the mods are going to have a lot of dead flies to clean up. As much as I hate Miis, it may be time to face the music... 4 out of 6, and 3 of those were pretty weird / obscure guesses. I do at least hope Palutena gets in though.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
We'll have to see Mjardo knows something, he got one thing right, but Mac is a pretty safe guess though.
Well he might be more believable now that he predicted Little Mac would be shown (unless he meant to guess King K.Rool). He might have just gotten lucky that his quote about DK made sense, though.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
He wasn't revealed at E3. First people are saying wait for 2014 E3, now that they didn't mean all the characters at E3? What's next, people saying they learned about the leak and made Mii/Pac Man an assist trophy?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
He wasn't revealed at E3. First people are saying wait for 2014 E3, now that they didn't mean all the characters at E3? What's next, people saying they learned about the leak and made Mii/Pac Man an assist trophy?
I am 100% certain that some people do not read.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Then it's making excuses for parts of the Rumor that were clearly contradicted. Obviously this leak hasn't moved out of the public's eye, but the claims given turned out to be false, even if they weren't all false, and that's grounds for the being moved to the dead section. No one is complaining when leaks that claim "x will be the next character revealed" turn south.
Here's a question. If Smash 4 comes out shipped with all the characters included in the e3 leak, would you still consider it to be in the same league of "disproven rumors" as every other rumor you have in there? One's that for instance blatantly are much less flexible (e.g. leaks that are wrong in terms of playable characters)?

Because that a bit too rigid for my tastes. As I said before maybe you should create a third category. Perhaps a category for leaks with the correct rosters, but incorrect reveal dates.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Updated my Avatar with Little-Mac Enjoying a slice of Papa Geno's Pizza.

So how much weight does his reveal give Mii and Pac-Man???

I t was always the most likely rumor and Mac was likely regardless but still this now means 4 out of the 6 characters rumored (WFT,Megaman,Villager,Little-Mac,Mii,Pac-Man) are indeed in the game.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
I still think we need the info from this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/i-have-some-info-regarding-smash-wii-u.347799/ putting in the opening post. As said in this post: http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-339#post-16339766, this guy's source predicted that Diddy Kong would be absent today and he ended up being correct.
How about we wait for something else from this leak to become true other than a 50/50 chance that Sakurai would be Sakurai and disregard existing correlated dates for when characters are revealed as he has a tendency to do. That is Sakurai is just as, if not more, likely to reveal stuff at random than on dates that correspond with other games or holidays and festivals that tie into a character's theme.
(I personally think a leak should have to predict something solid, as some have, to be put in the OP's Live section but that is far from being my decision, like maybe including an "interesting" section for ones that are not horrible but have not had any validation yet)

Last edited:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Actually I kind of did want to complain when the Translator Leak was moved to dead because of the unexpected Lucario reveal.

...Of course not anymore at this point. The Diddy prediction is a more significant prediction in my eyes, and failing an event prediction is a death warrant as far as I'm concerned.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
The mere fact that WFT and Villager was on his list should say a lot. Even if the specific date of the reveals didn't happen. You could make the argument of other leaks being moved because they were inaccurate due to that but this was one of the first leaks before it became a thing to leak. We all took Sakurai at his word when he said "Villager isn't a fighter" and that there would be no AC rep. but it happened. So for anyone to include him on their list would be foolish. WFT speaks for herself as well. So at the very least this should be the one leak that gets the exception to the rule seeing as it was one of the first and had not one but 2 unforeseeable newcomers. But what do I know..

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
So if the Neo leak is true, we have like 5 newcomers?
I think of Mii as a mistake instead of a newcomer.

All the dead leaks...all the dead leaks lieing around...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So have we seen that before?
No, I don't think so. I think that, if we haven't seen that exact mountain in that exact position before, this leak is confirmed, no if, ands, or buts about it.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
At this point, I'm convinced that Palutena, Mii and Pac-Man are in the game, but every single other leak is fake.
Would be fine with that. Hell, take that, bring back the rest of the Brawl roster, add a DK character, a FE character, Ridley, a retro character (Takamaru), and bring back Mewtwo and the roster would be near perfect for me.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Gosh, I really hope Palutena is playable now. That's a lot evidence to help prove that it might actually be real. Just hope she doesn't end up being some Trophy or something a long the lines of that. It will be nice to go through all of the leaks/pictures once the game is out and see which ones were actually real. I had a blast looking through Brawl's leaks+people's reactions.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
The only leaks I wouldn't mind being true are: Palutena Leak, Neo Seeker Leak #1, GaeozHero Leak, and the NotSakurai Leak. The rest I hope get deconfirmed before E3.

Dan

Smash Lord
The Palutena leak is not really affected by Little Mac, you guys know that. :p
It is affected by that screenshot of Olimar, Pikachu and Mac. It has that same exact weird wrench-shaped mountain. Palutena leak is 100% true.

And the e3 leak has to be true. Who in their right mind would have predicted the WFT? The Villager is a bit of a stretch too.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Oh wow, that picture with Pikachu, Captain Olimar and Little Mac came from the main site, that's pretty hard evidence right there I think in favour of the Palutena leak. Even though I already believed it more or less.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Here's a question. If Smash 4 comes out shipped with all the characters included in the e3 leak, would you still consider it to be in the same league of "disproven rumors" as every other rumor you have in there? One's that for instance blatantly are much less flexible (e.g. leaks that are wrong in terms of playable characters)?

Because that a bit too rigid for my tastes. As I said before maybe you should create a third category. Perhaps a category for leaks with the correct rosters, but incorrect reveal dates.
Yes. As long as one of the concrete elements of the leak is disproven, it will remain in the disproven section. I agree guessing those six was extraordinary if just a guess, but I'm not making exceptions to the principle. If new information directly about that rumor comes to light, I'll gladly amend it. Dates given, if given adamantly are as much part a rumor's credibility as content. There very well might've been some sort of extenuating circumstance, but I'm not going to create an excuse to keep the rumor alive. It's not like anybody is going to forget it anyway.

Funny how no one cared nearly as much before Mac. He was far and away the most likely of the remaining three, getting him was no WFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom