• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Official Tournament: Character Selection Thread

Did you get your preferred character...? (Do not answer until you have received one. Duh...)

• Yes!

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • No...

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Eh...at least I got a character I like!

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
If there's anyone who made it onto the Challonge bracket but didn't post in this thread to claim a character they should be cursed with the random button by default.

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
It would be much easier to check over the character list if everyone's smashboards name was the same as their challonge name
Sadly, I couldn't make my challonge name the same as my Smashboards name :(

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I actually just realized that, but then I got into a League of Legends Match so I didn't bother to post! xD

My friend said "that char-char is gonna rek your face". (he like Charizard)

I really wanted Greninja. He's going to be my main in Smash 4, but someone beat me to the bunch...damn, CURSE YOU SPIRST!

Anyways, yeah, good luck and have fun! I'm playing to win, but I won't take it very seriously if I lose... I hope. I'll just prepare myself for when the time comes. I really am confident and believe I have a good chance to place mid-high, but we'll see, there's a lot of players and I don't know their individual skill levels, but I am confident in my Pika being a solid pick.

I'll just be practicing Pika in For Glory to get a feel for the other characters.
I'm one of those sorts of people who sometimes takes his matches very seriously to the point where he'll get CRAZY salty if he loses (though it is generally out of self-hatred, not because I actually hold animosity for the other player), whilst other times just doesn't care at all and autopilots like the loser he is.

Either way, I'll try my hardest, regardless of how much I'm feelin' it.

Just don't be surprised if I pull a character-john. I'm going to be spending a lot of time in For Glory too, as although I LOVE Charizard in Smash Bros (hence the username) I was never really good with the character in any way. I like blaming things for my loss that aren't me even though the problem was definitely me.

I am tempted to talk about where I think I will end up and my previous tournament placings, but I feel as though what I say will come across differently to what I intended.

I hope we have a great set. I will save the replays if possible, regardless of what actually happens in the matches. :)

Finsom25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
finsom25
3DS FC
3780-9567-3401
So, just to make clear, custom moves are allowed right?

nnnitsuj

Smash Cadet
NNID
nnnitsuj
3DS FC
1693-1966-8371
Those last 3 open spots are killing me -___- Those people need to choose already haha.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
I wish I can make it in but I guess waiting or whatever. Sign up but it's full of course.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Once CaptainNorris arrives- we may just get more slots. I can't say for certain. All I can say for everyone is ...well, stay tuned. lol

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I'm one of those sorts of people who sometimes takes his matches very seriously to the point where he'll get CRAZY salty if he loses (though it is generally out of self-hatred, not because I actually hold animosity for the other player), whilst other times just doesn't care at all and autopilots like the loser he is.

Either way, I'll try my hardest, regardless of how much I'm feelin' it.

Just don't be surprised if I pull a character-john. I'm going to be spending a lot of time in For Glory too, as although I LOVE Charizard in Smash Bros (hence the username) I was never really good with the character in any way. I like blaming things for my loss that aren't me even though the problem was definitely me.
This is pretty much me. I'll be playing League and I'll just sometimes if I'm losing, saying the opponent champion takes no skill, and etc, (despite my champion being a low-skill floor champion) even though I made mistakes and could've capitalized better. It's not like I have any burning hatred for anyone here though, so I don't think I'll mind losing to them, or you.

However...there is one I have a burning hatred for... (not really), and that would be spurtis. (again, don't really HATE him) He took Greninja from me. I must avenge myself. @Spirst I WAS ONE POST AWAY, YOU!

I really think I just need For Glory practice right now... CPU practice on the demo won't get me far, so I don't think I'll be training like mad on the demo.

I am tempted to talk about where I think I will end up and my previous tournament placings, but I feel as though what I say will come across differently to what I intended.

I hope we have a great set. I will save the replays if possible, regardless of what actually happens in the matches. :)
Yep, I'll also try to save the replays as well, again, good luck! If either of us win, we have to fight the person who took your Toon Link, LOL. Really hard to tell where we'll be placed, but I'm pretty sure there's going to be plenty of really good players once I climb the ladder half way. It's a scary thought.

Once CaptainNorris arrives- we may just get more slots. I can't say for certain. All I can say for everyone is ...well, stay tuned. lol
Are you guys certain there will be a stream? I know you have to find someone to do it, which kind of worries me as I want some of my friends to watch me play as well, haha. (and I'd like to watch the matches while waiting for my turn)

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I have updated the original tournament page to include this page. Remember, you can swap out characters for the next few days if you're interested. Simply send me a PM.

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
Just add more slots to the tournament already... 36 is not a normal bracket size, it's typically 32 or 64. March Madness anyone?

If you look at the current bracket for 36... 8 people have to battle in round 1, just to get to round 2 (where everyone else starts). So they start at a disadvantage already.

:143:

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I have updated the original tournament page to include this page. Remember, you can swap out characters for the next few days if you're interested. Simply send me a PM.
Btw, you misspelled my name, I don't know if you noticed, haha. It's "Orngeblu", you added an extra E at the end to make "Orngeblue". I don't mind it, but you can change it if you wish, just thought I'd let you know, haha.

Edit: Woops, double post.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
However...there is one I have a burning hatred for... (not really), and that would be spurtis. (again, don't really HATE him) He took Greninja from me. I must avenge myself.
LOL
I really think I just need For Glory practice right now... CPU practice on the demo won't get me far, so I don't think I'll be training like mad on the demo.
Yeah, I think there isn't much left of the demo for me to explore and I already know how useless the CPU is. They block my every attack, dodge my every grab and walk into my every charged smash attack. Not really a good representation of the human mind.
Yep, I'll also try to save the replays as well, again, good luck! If either of us win, we have to fight the person who took your Toon Link, LOL. Really hard to tell where we'll be placed, but I'm pretty sure there's going to be plenty of really good players once I climb the ladder half way. It's a scary thought.
If I win, I really, REALLY don't want to lose to him. It would pretty embarrassing to lose to the guy who is using the character I made my #1 preference. (Also now that the OP has been updated yet again, it appears as though he signed up on Challonge RIGHT BEFORE I DID. Wow.)
If you look at the current bracket for 36... 8 people have to battle in round 1, just to get to round 2 (where everyone else starts). So they start at a disadvantage already.
RIP me.

Last edited:

TTrain

Official Terminator Train
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
Ah, so you will be streaming it, you're saying? Okey dokey then.
Yup. Streaming it and gonna post all the matches to YouTube when the stream is over. Been talking with one of my friends who streams all the games that happen up here in Washington and he's gonna hopefully lend me his equipment so that the stream is more clear and crisp. :)

Kiondrick

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1650-3088-1736
Yeah, all things considered, I would say you did a pretty decent job. The next time you and C. Falcon host a tournament you will at least have more experience now though, so it's all good.

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
So guys....did I do a decent job with all of this? I know we had a rocky start at first....:(
I think you did a excellent job all things considering!

Also just letting you know that my name doesn't actually have a N in-between the R and the C. ;)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Thanks guys. :) I feel a lot better now.
I seriously thought I had really screwed all of this up at first. I'm just glad I was able to fix things up.

TTrain

Official Terminator Train
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
If both of you would like a little assistance next tourney, I will be more than willing to lend my help, since I've ran a Smash club in my community since Brawl came out :)

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
Mario, Diddy, pit, little mac,Ddd. Don't know why I bother since the cap has been reached but I would like those. Why not make the tournament 72 people? That would be really nice :D Sucks that I found about it too late.

Kiondrick

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1650-3088-1736
Say Speed, question about switching characters. Well, that and a sort of suggestion. When will be the last day for someone to switch out a character? If you haven't thought about this, I suggest you post a deadline for when people can switch out characters, that way things won't get chaotic once the game get's released because people might quickly change their minds once they play as another character.

For example, take myself. If I were got the game, and started playing as Mario, I decide to PM you and tell you I want to switch as Mario. Then afterwards I play as Luigi, and suddenly change my mind and PM accordingly. Just a food for thought.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Say Speed, question about switching characters. Well, that and a sort of suggestion. When will be the last day for someone to switch out a character? If you haven't thought about this, I suggest you post a deadline for when people can switch out characters, that way things won't get chaotic once the game get's released because people might quickly change their minds once they play as another character.

For example, take myself. If I were got the game, and started playing as Mario, I decide to PM you and tell you I want to switch as Mario. Then afterwards I play as Luigi, and suddenly change my mind and PM accordingly. Just a food for thought.
I actually don't mind how many times people switch. xD I'll probably allow it till the day of the tournament. That way, everyone can have their best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom