• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Official Tournament: Character Selection Thread

Did you get your preferred character...? (Do not answer until you have received one. Duh...)

• Yes!

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • No...

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Eh...at least I got a character I like!

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
So guys....did I do a decent job with all of this? I know we had a rocky start at first....:(
I think you did a great job :) Thank you and C. Norris for putting this all together!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
@ Captain Norris Captain Norris

Save us fallen entrants and, in consequence, liberate the character selection!

Also I hope you are doing okay.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Haha hey guys... Yeah, sorry, I was gone for a funeral visitation of a relative. Mind filling me in on everything?
Basically....we did the whole character selection thing.
There are a ton of people who want in but didn't make it in.
A few people who got in haven't chosen their character yet.
...yeah.

Last edited:

Mega Man X 2001

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mega_Man_X_2001
3DS FC
2582-8811-1719
Hey guys, just signed up for the tourney, and my character I'll select is Mega Man, and my username is Mega_Man_X

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Hey guys, just signed up for the tourney, and my character I'll select is Mega Man, and my username is Mega_Man_X
Oh, and we also still have some oblivious stragglers. That's about it.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Actually, there's only one person who didn't choose a character left now....
He's still being called for at the bottom of my first post. (Themandme<--this guy.)

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Hmm... this is problematic. I guess I could jump up the sots to 64, but then that would mean character selection would be useless... what to do... I will think about this for a few minutes. In the meantime, since HE took my beloved Captain Falcon (Jk), I would like to take Mario if I could please. Now, I shall dwell upon this info in peace, and I will get back to you in a few minutes.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hmm... this is problematic. I guess I could jump up the sots to 64, but then that would mean character selection would be useless... what to do... I will think about this for a few minutes. In the meantime, since HE took my beloved Captain Falcon (Jk), I would like to take Mario if I could please. Now, I shall dwell upon this info in peace, and I will get back to you in a few minutes.
Hold on Norris. I was actually thinking that we should allow any other people who join to use the remaining "Koopa Kids" and, once those are out all out...or if people don't want to use them....Miis. Like, tons of Miis. :) That way everything is still different. We could also allow the use of the alternate genders of Wii Fit and Robin!!

Edit: Also...there are still characters left over for people to use as well.
We CAN keep this diversified.

Last edited:

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
Will all of this be streamed? There will be 70 matches, and if each match is 5 minutes with 5 minutes between matches... it will be 12 hours long.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
What if it's taken down to 2 stock 5 minutes like in For Glory mode?

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Will all of this be streamed? There will be 70 matches, and if each match is 5 minutes with 5 minutes between matches... it will be 12 hours long.
And that's especially true if we're only doing one match at a time. If we had two streamers, then we could probably split the workload, but I think TT is the only one streaming, so that's probably a no go.

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
He's still being called for at the bottom of my first post. (Themandme<--this guy.)
Hey Speed, I have a suggestion, how about we also have their challonge name in brackets next to their name on smashboards, so we can better identify people that way.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hey Speed, I have a suggestion, how about we also have their challonge name in brackets next to their name on smashboards, so we can better identify people that way.
I can do this. I'll edit my first post to accommodate both names.
(just give me some time...its quite tedious work...)

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Hold on Norris. I was actually thinking that we should allow any other people who join to use the remaining "Koopa Kids" and, once those are out all out...or if people don't want to use them....Miis. Like, tons of Miis. :) That way everything is still different. We could also allow the use of the alternate genders of Wii Fit and Robin!!
No. I do not want to do that. Sorry. It is either all in or nothing. Besides, this is only the first of many tournaments, right? Others could join in the next one (possibly). They could be reserved for the next one we do. 36 is already a lot of time, as The quote below me points out:

Not all of it will be streamed. We still need a streamer in fact. Multiple matches would probably be taking places at the same time. I planned on having both a losers' bracket stream and a winner's bracket stream take place, but we would need two streamers, and I have no idea who would be streaming this. :/

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
No. I do not want to do that. Sorry. It is either all in or nothing. Besides, this is only the first of many tournaments, right? Others could join in the next one (possibly). They could be reserved for the next one we do. 36 is already a lot of time, as The quote below me points out:

Not all of it will be streamed. We still need a streamer in fact. Multiple matches would probably be taking places at the same time. I planned on having both a losers' bracket stream and a winner's bracket stream take place, but we would need two streamers, and I have no idea who would be streaming this. :/
Hrm...then yeah....I think its best to just keep it as it is.
At the very most, we can add a few people who are on the waiting list. Preferably the ones who were closest to being added, but didn't quite make it. (I tagged them on my first post.)

Last edited:

TTrain

Official Terminator Train
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
This is what will be shown while the lobby is getting ready :D

:3

Last edited:

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
I can do this. I'll edit my first post to accommodate both names.
(just give me some time...its quite tedious work...)
Yeah, I understand, take your time. :)

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Man, if this were only six months into the future. I'd probably have some (primitive) streaming equipment by then to help out and such. Eh, whatever. That'll come into play when it comes into play.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I just want to remind everyone that this is only the thread for the character and stuff. If you are discussing other things, please go back to the official thread!

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I got an announcement everyone:
The current people in the Challonge Tourney will stay as is until further notice. If one drops out for certain circumstances, the next one on the list will be pushed up. If you are in the Challonge list, you will more than likely be reserved for the tourney in the upcoming months. Thanks guys, and sorry for those who didn't join.

Finsom25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
finsom25
3DS FC
3780-9567-3401
yay reserve. (and sorry for those who didnt make it :-:7)

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Hey guys, before I remind anyone reading thsi that this is just a secondary post and the man discussion should be n the primary, first place will be getting $30 in eshop money. Second is meant to get $10, but I must double check on that. Thanks! Remember, it isn't about the money, but it is about having fun. Even though we all have disagreements on something, at the end of the day this tourney is for fun. Never forget that. :)

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Aweee man guess I will hop on that waiting list....

Challonge name @ Taste112 would use Olimar

dd_ray

Smash Rookie
NNID
dray
3DS FC
0404-5755-0943
Just like to add, my challonge name is also dd_ray, if that helps.

Themandme

Smash Ace
NNID
shadowthehegehog
3DS FC
3222-5798-4330
Sorry fell asleep I want wii fit trainer
But it says little Mac is swappable so he is my first chouce

Last edited:

Kirbyquake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirbyquake
3DS FC
0430-8315-5741
It's cool. Fox's voice will probably make me kill myself anyway.
Well looks like you won't have to go through that torture since the bracket was changed around and I'm now up against themandme

Finsom25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
finsom25
3DS FC
3780-9567-3401
expect lots of grunts and hyaa! :surprised:

ima need to train and use smash run ALOT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom