• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS SSB3D Disappointments Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
This thread is just a bunch of people complaining.
Read the title, and at least try to grasp the concept of what this thread is aimed to be about before you come here and make a dumbsh*t post like this.

Go back to your other Smash 4 Sakurai defending white knights please.

cutelittleoshawott

Smash Cadet
I would like some more Smash Run levels. Also the level selection is bland. 30+ Levels and only a few of them are any good. The rest....MEH.

cutelittleoshawott

Smash Cadet
The fact that you have to start All-Star mode form the beginning if you die is stupid, and all it's for is a recolor trophy and not a Final Smash trophy.
It's just like KI:U Boss Rush. You get one shot and that's it.

Hopefully they can patch to where you can continue if you lose a Stock..

iCantMakeNames

Smash Rookie
Most of my disappointments are minor
- Dr. Mario. I'm not upset he's in; I'm upset that it's another Mario character.
- Less music. I miss Brawl's wide selection.
- No adventure mode. Smash Run isn't fun to me.
- People hyping up Dark Pit to be so much better than Pit.
- Although I understand why Lucina's a clone, I would've liked to see something different because of Awakening's reclass system.
- Palutena's default moveset
- No event mode
- Time to Fight from Xenoblade's not in (okay now I'm just looking for stuff)
- Lackluster soundtrack (imo)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It's just like KI:U Boss Rush. You get one shot and that's it.

Hopefully they can patch to where you can continue if you lose a Stock..
I'm okay with having one shot in a Boss Rush, I just don't think it belongs in All-Star mode.

Hasn't All-Star always been one stock? And yeah, the lack of a FS trophy for everyone is a huge bummer.
Yes, but you were given another go when you died, at the expense of losing an amount of coins depending on the difficulty.

Last edited:

Raw Lobster

Smash Rookie
Ugh, I'm really trying to enjoy this game but the netcode is horrendous. If Nintendo wants to join the year of 2014 with the rest of us I'll be waiting.

Also that the 3DS version feels very lacking. Very sparse content-wise compared to the rest of the games.

Last edited:

HellTyrant

Smash Cadet
Premium
Like I said before I don't have a problem with clones since again with Dr.Mario and Dark Pit they were last minute additions in the roster. It just gets annoying when people constantly say Wolf and Lucas would've been better BUT As Sakurai said he makes a NEW model from scratch for every character and he doesn't have the time to make Wolf and Lucas from scratch inless he were to delay the game.
I still think people would have appreciated the extra effort to definitely bring back Lucas, possibly Wolf.
People like Dr. Mario, but Lucas had a stronger following since Brawl, I don't even like Brawl but wanted to play Lucas whenever possible.

Other things would have been to make Ganondorf more distinct this time around, not to mention they could have brought back Solid Snake but maybe that had to do with Konami.

Last edited:

XxBHunterxX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bryan
3DS FC
2766-9402-2187
Smash run is a huge disappointment with no online play, but the thing that's even sadder is that its online would be terrible anyway considering you can't even get a good match in for fun mode

supercoolmayo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-5095-7782
Wish they had more characters

Could have made a special mode, like subspace embassy for last game

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
My biggest gripe is warios air release. Why would sak say he created the cast from the ground up when in reality he imported the same animation files from brawl? Then didnt modify them for warios air release? Seeing that vid with warios grab release in the 3ds build REALLY cooked my goat good.

The rest of the 3ds content i dismiss as smashes general offline content and i don't have any beef with it...course the controls are not great but, what ya gonna do.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
-Too many starters.

-The same Mii you're playing as can be in the background of a stage.

-:4drmario:, not because he's a clone, but because he is a separate entity co-existing with Mario, and lame in concept. Without him, the Mario reps would be perfect.

-Franchises without playable reps, but still their own emblem, don't get their emblem representing their trophies.

-Multi-Man Smash only picks a few of your Miis at a time. Why can't 100-Man Smash put me up against all 100 of my Miis? :p

-:mky: returning.

Rikter

Smash Cadet
- Ike doesn't feel right to me at all anymore kinda sad the character I finally began to understand the series with doesn't feel like someone I enjoy playing anymore.

- The Duck does not quack

Abomination713

Smash Rookie
I could create a mile long list of problems that are currently in this game, but I'll try to keep it short...

• Fox (my main) was gimped so hard he's almost useless since he can't control the space around him very well since his reach is so short and his lag time after certain attacks is ridiculous, his gun has huge lag after firing and it's so weak it's worthless (lag would make sense on the Charged Blaster and Impact Blaster), I've been attacked by the enemy while still hitting them with my spam neutral A, His aerial game is practical useless since most of the attacks rely on you hitting all the multi hits to cause any kind of damage and can be easily stopped or miss half the hits since the enemy's character will inch away as you hit them and the only useful attacks in the air are the back kick and up attack which is a two hit move and only the 2nd hit matters which doesn't' help since all the aerial attacks have to be dead on like threading a needle while other characters can attack without needing to be so precise, priorities seems to always go to the other player while attacking in the air even when I land a direct hit at the same time they attack, down smash has way too short of range and so does up smash, wolf flash doesn't work from what the description says about it (suppose to spike an enemy to the group if you hit them in the air with it. It doesn't do that. Good job Nintendo, really tested everything out, didn't you?), Twister Fox requires you to be right on top of the enemy to "pull opponents in", the Big Reflector and Amplifying Reflector don't do any damage so that would make the Big Reflector useless compared to the default Reflector, etc.
  • Falco can no longer spike with his aerial down attack so it's impossible to ledge guard with him now.
  • Online puts me against people from all over the world; Japan, France, Canada, Mexico, Germany, etc. Heaven forbid you put me against people from the US where I live.
  • Can't use custom skills online, but can use them online with friends. Thanks for letting us change characters to alter strategies, Nintendo. I can understand the stat boosts, but the custom skills? Bunch of geniuses at Nintendo.
  • Game & Watch and Pikachu make the most overpowered team in the game and need to be patched.
  • Circle pad sucks and messes up my attacks at the worst possible time.
  • No ledge guarding so now everyone moves over the edge so people don't try to hit them in the air and use the ledge as a safe zone.
  • Some spike attacks in the air have been removed so now ledge guarding is almost impossible to do.
  • Why can people dodge multiple times in the air? Wouldn't want to make getting to the ground to hard, huh?
  • Little Mac is OP in so many ways it's like no one tested him and thought "A character that is faster than Sonic with the strength of Ganandorf won't be a problem in the game even if all his attacks do huge damage. I'm sure this KO unique ability that is unique to Little Mac and only him will cause no balance or cheap shot problems in the game. His air game sucks so that makes his lack of lag and abilities ok." - terrible testers at Nintendo
  • Dark Pit clone. Seriously?
  • Too many Mario characters/levels.
  • No 1vs1 in For Fun.
  • No Mewtwo even with X/Y being out and showing them off as the poster boy, but Lucario that no one likes or cares about gets to be in another SSB game?
  • Some characters have ridiculous reach that linger for a sec with no downtime, like ZSS for example and Megamans' up smash.
  • Some skills in the game control way too much space around them, like Megamans' up smash again. It hits on all sides of him on the ground and lingers for a sec. It hurts me even when he misses me and I try to attack.
  • No punishment for spamming rolls and there's almost no lag time after rolling.
  • Shields recover too fast which allows them to be spammed. Take less damage my butt. They take too much damage imo.
  • Local play lags for absolutely no reason what so ever when my sparring partner is literally 2 feet from me. Why does LAN lag?
  • Jungle Japes water moves at ludicrous speeds if you get knocked into it.
  • Too many characters have Counter that does too much damage for a skill that can be spammed.
  • Joke character Duck Hunt Dog is top tier and has a range game that is unmatched.
  • Pit/Dark Pit down B protects WAY too much and can be held.
  • Charizards rock attack can no be interrupted if you attack him while he's doing it.
  • No Squirtle or Ivysaur. Everyone is sick of Charmander/Charizard's fame. Squirtle would wreck him. Gradz Charizard. You're only good against the least favorite starter in Gen 1.
  • Two colors on Final Destination's platform.
  • PictoChat 2 still has crap go on even in Omega form.
  • Ganondorf is still a semi-clone. Where's his sword and magic?
  • Luigi doesn't use his items from Luigi's Mansion except during his smash ball attack.
  • Duck Hunt Dog doesn't have his laugh as a taunt.
  • Can't use Mii fighter online.
  • Wario's motorcycle doesn't have a cooldown time when destroyed like it did in Brawl.
I could go on and on. Maybe one day Nintendo will understand how patches work and will balance out the game and make it a worthy fighter.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
A lot of characters missed out on alternate costumes, costumes should really be a thing for all characters.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
  • wolf flash doesn't work from what the description says about it (suppose to spike an enemy to the group if you hit them in the air with it. It doesn't do that.
It's supposed to spike enemies if you hit them at the end of the move. From the video footage I've seen though it doesn't seem to go as far as Wolf's Wolf flash.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I could create a mile long list of problems that are currently in this game, but I'll try to keep it short...

• Fox (my main) was gimped so hard he's almost useless since he can't control the space around him very well since his reach is so short and his lag time after certain attacks is ridiculous, his gun has huge lag after firing and it's so weak it's worthless (lag would make sense on the Charged Blaster and Impact Blaster), I've been attacked by the enemy while still hitting them with my spam neutral A, His aerial game is practical useless since most of the attacks rely on you hitting all the multi hits to cause any kind of damage and can be easily stopped or miss half the hits since the enemy's character will inch away as you hit them and the only useful attacks in the air are the back kick and up attack which is a two hit move and only the 2nd hit matters which doesn't' help since all the aerial attacks have to be dead on like threading a needle while other characters can attack without needing to be so precise, priorities seems to always go to the other player while attacking in the air even when I land a direct hit at the same time they attack, down smash has way too short of range and so does up smash, wolf flash doesn't work from what the description says about it (suppose to spike an enemy to the group if you hit them in the air with it. It doesn't do that. Good job Nintendo, really tested everything out, didn't you?), Twister Fox requires you to be right on top of the enemy to "pull opponents in", the Big Reflector and Amplifying Reflector don't do any damage so that would make the Big Reflector useless compared to the default Reflector, etc.
  • Falco can no longer spike with his aerial down attack so it's impossible to ledge guard with him now.
  • Online puts me against people from all over the world; Japan, France, Canada, Mexico, Germany, etc. Heaven forbid you put me against people from the US where I live.
  • Can't use custom skills online, but can use them online with friends. Thanks for letting us change characters to alter strategies, Nintendo. I can understand the stat boosts, but the custom skills? Bunch of geniuses at Nintendo.
  • Game & Watch and Pikachu make the most overpowered team in the game and need to be patched.
  • Circle pad sucks and messes up my attacks at the worst possible time.
  • No ledge guarding so now everyone moves over the edge so people don't try to hit them in the air and use the ledge as a safe zone.
  • Some spike attacks in the air have been removed so now ledge guarding is almost impossible to do.
  • Why can people dodge multiple times in the air? Wouldn't want to make getting to the ground to hard, huh?
  • Little Mac is OP in so many ways it's like no one tested him and thought "A character that is faster than Sonic with the strength of Ganandorf won't be a problem in the game even if all his attacks do huge damage. I'm sure this KO unique ability that is unique to Little Mac and only him will cause no balance or cheap shot problems in the game. His air game sucks so that makes his lack of lag and abilities ok." - terrible testers at Nintendo
  • Dark Pit clone. Seriously?
  • Too many Mario characters/levels.
  • No 1vs1 in For Fun.
  • No Mewtwo even with X/Y being out and showing them off as the poster boy, but Lucario that no one likes or cares about gets to be in another SSB game?
  • Some characters have ridiculous reach that linger for a sec with no downtime, like ZSS for example and Megamans' up smash.
  • Some skills in the game control way too much space around them, like Megamans' up smash again. It hits on all sides of him on the ground and lingers for a sec. It hurts me even when he misses me and I try to attack.
  • No punishment for spamming rolls and there's almost no lag time after rolling.
  • Shields recover too fast which allows them to be spammed. Take less damage my butt. They take too much damage imo.
  • Local play lags for absolutely no reason what so ever when my sparring partner is literally 2 feet from me. Why does LAN lag?
  • Jungle Japes water moves at ludicrous speeds if you get knocked into it.
  • Too many characters have Counter that does too much damage for a skill that can be spammed.
  • Joke character Duck Hunt Dog is top tier and has a range game that is unmatched.
  • Pit/Dark Pit down B protects WAY too much and can be held.
  • Charizards rock attack can no be interrupted if you attack him while he's doing it.
  • No Squirtle or Ivysaur. Everyone is sick of Charmander/Charizard's fame. Squirtle would wreck him. Gradz Charizard. You're only good against the least favorite starter in Gen 1.
  • Two colors on Final Destination's platform.
  • PictoChat 2 still has crap go on even in Omega form.
  • Ganondorf is still a semi-clone. Where's his sword and magic?
  • Luigi doesn't use his items from Luigi's Mansion except during his smash ball attack.
  • Duck Hunt Dog doesn't have his laugh as a taunt.
  • Can't use Mii fighter online.
  • Wario's motorcycle doesn't have a cooldown time when destroyed like it did in Brawl.
I could go on and on. Maybe one day Nintendo will understand how patches work and will balance out the game and make it a worthy fighter.
This. This so much.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
This. This is the single biggest complaint I have with Smash 4. He's a DUCK. Ducks QUACK. I wake up every morning hoping for a patch to be made that makes the Duck quack. It is truly outrageous.
Y'know what's the worst part? The duck quacked in Duck Hunt. Argh.
Is there something good about the 3DS version? Can we get a real Smash 4 please? This game can't convince me that it's not a beta. It can't be the final game. I'm still waiting for the real content in the Wii U version.

p4k|wyatt

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I'm pretty sad about how useless Megamans down b is :( A grab with leaf shield active can net you 22% on your opponent, but it's pretty obvious as soon as you bring it out what your intentions are :(

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Fox is good, guys.

My disappointment is what they did with Zelda. Sure she's better than in Melee/Brawl, but only slightly so.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
No Online Smash Run is a biggy.

Why is Alph an alt? Surely he's as deserving as Lucina, Dark Pit or Dr. Mario...the Koopalings I get why they couldn't join the clone ranks; there'd be seven clones of Jr, but Alph's exclusion? Seems arbitrary.

No Ninten alt for Ness. No Lucas alt for Ness should he not be DLC...

Mii hats of Smashers already in the game. The thinking behind Mii Fighter was apparently to let you create fighters who didn't make it in...so what the dickens is Zelda, Luigi, Sheik, Samus, Metaknight etc doing getting hats when they're fricking playable? Do more hats of characters that DIDN'T make the grade.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
More alt costumes would have been nice. Like Ms. Pac-man

I was also disappointed with Bowser Jr. He's a great character, but I hate the fact the he only uses the Clown Car.

Also it bugs me a little that Duck Hunt was not called Duck Hunt Dog.

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
Personally one of the biggest disappointments were the lack of any cutscenes (even the opening scene) D: Cutscenes were one of my favorite parts of smash as well as any video game so that made me sad when sak said there wouldn't be any in the game. I really didn't think he would remove the opening as well :(
Also the rage mechanic + lucario's aura + lag online combo @_@ makes killing him a b*tch.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I have a couple for characters, but for the game in general, NO INTRO. And sometimes the lag online is pretty annoying.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
More alt costumes would have been nice. Like Ms. Pac-man

I was also disappointed with Bowser Jr. He's a great character, but I hate the fact the he only uses the Clown Car.

Also it bugs me a little that Duck Hunt was not called Duck Hunt Dog.
It may be because it forms a duo between the dog and the duck so it's called Duck Hunt in general. XD

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
On the title screen, it sags "press any button," but L/R doesn't work while tapping the touch screen does. I hate you Nintendo.:mad:

smashguy686

Smash Rookie
Disappointments in this game? Where do I start?

Roster
Easily the most underwhelming batch of newcomers in any Smash game (Melee included). I can't find myself interested to play a single newcomer. It's sad when all the characters I'm excited to play were Brawl newcomers.
No new heavyweights.
Most newcomers either being brand new or retro throwbacks with almost nothing in between.
The only villain characters added were ones that hardly anyone wanted.
A ton of newcomers having counter as their Down B.
Ice Climbers cut.
Wolf and Lucas cut.
Dark Pit, Doctor Mario, and Lucina.
None of the three most requested characters for Smash 4 after Megaman.
THREE Mii characters each with TWELVE unique specials. Way too much development time wasted on them.
Palutena of all characters getting 12 custom moves.
Four Fire Emblem characters.
Two Donkey Kong/Metroid characters.
Little Mac gets 16 alts yet Wario gets 4 of his alts axed.
Ganondorf stays a clone.
Characters who desperately need new final smashes like Donkey Kong and Falco keep their final Smashes when characters like Kirby and Pit get new ones.

Stages
Easily the worst batch of stages in any Smash Bros. game.
No new stages are neutral.
The "competitive" version of the stages is FD only with no Battlefield option.
The ratio of old stages to new stages is massive.
Many of the new stages are lazy 8-16 bit in order to save resources.
Four new Mario stages.
Not a single new Donkey Kong or Metroid stage.

Sound
With a few great exceptions, most of the music is either from previous Smash Bros. titles or ripped directly from their games. Barely any remixes.
The collection of music is incredibly sparse and some of the song choices are questionable.
Fox and Falco sound awful.
Ike did not get new voice clips so his voice does not match his new model at all.
Marth still ****ing speaks Japanese.
King Dedede sounds even more like a robot than he did in Brawl, which is saying A LOT.
Dark Pit gets his own unique victory music when almost no one else does.
The new Final Destination theme is cringeworthy.

Gameplay
The game is slow and floaty without momentum on jumps.
Massive blast zones combined with vectoring means everyone lives for even longer than in ****ing BRAWL.
Shield rolls buffed dramatically, aerials nerfed dramatically, rewarding defensive and campy playstyles.
The 3DS controls are nowhere near adequate to play Smash Bros.
I could say a lot of things about character balance here, but Diddy being nerfed into the ground has made me especially mad.
Most of the time, online is completely unplayable due to awful lag.

Modes
Smash Run is underwhelming. Not customizable and not online. It feels more like grinding than anything else.
No adventure mode of any kind.
Break the targets replaced by Homerun Contest+Angry Birds.

General
Kid Icarus Uprising is one of my favorite games of all times, but the amount of representation that it got in Smash 4 is disgusting. It has infinitely more representation than Donkey Kong, Metroid, and even KIRBY.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton, but this sums up most of my disappointment.
Blah blah blah "I'm still pissed that I was wrong about the gematsu leak so I'm taking out my anger by nitpicking an entry in a series I claim to like!" Seriously, get over yourself...

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Can I just say Smash Run is BS at times? I head to some directions on the map, knowing I accidentally killed myself when I was going to to reach those cannons that launch you. I know for sure now some disappear in some matches since I died when I thought they would always be there.
Sometimes chests fight you (Like the ones in KI:U) and now I have trust issues. I also hate collecting a lot of a specific type of equipment and the final match doesn't need it. I had my speed to almost a thousand and I was hoping I get run since I hadn't played it in awhile...NOPE Mr.Saturn match instead. I just wish they could at least tell me what to prepare for every time instead of sometimes they tell you. If there is anything I want improved in smash run is to change what final match you want or at least let us know what to prepare for every time in a match. Other than thar, it's a fun mode imo but can get very BS.

Last edited:

CharZane

Smash Apprentice
To start with, the game far exceeded my expectations, and I can't call anything a real 'disappointment'... but I suppose what my minor letdowns lack in magnitude they make up for in quantity.

• Rolling being so... safe: Roll-chasing or otherwise punishing seems to be a bit silly when one can't even hit the average roll via d-smash.
  • The start menu: It took me a full five minutes to figure out that all the single-player modes were jammed into that corner-bit.
  • Customizable controls: I couldn't rebind multiple shield buttons or whatnot.
  • Lack of game options in general: I don't know why, but it just makes things feel a bit... sparse.
  • So many challenges being 'with every character': Classic mode? Sure. But 100 man melee? Just... why...
  • Smash pass exisiting, with challenges. Welp, there go my hammers.
  • No Mewtwo.
  • Pit returns (I don't even mind Dark Pit, actually).
  • Mii swordfighter's custom moves.
  • No target smash.
  • Little in way of custom rulesets (not even item frequencies?)
  • Unlocking all but BowJow within the first day without even trying.
  • Ike's side-b can't be acted out of instantly on a non-swing, and his jab combo feels to start the tiniest bit slower.
  • Master core's sword mode: Seriously, screw that flurry-slash combo.
  • Smash run lacking online.
  • Smash run being too random (can't focus on particular power-ups, and the event itself)
  • No event mode.
  • No 'random any stage' that lets you get a final destination form /or/ normal stage... so I could put battlefield and yoshi's island in a map rotation.
  • So, many, walkoff stages: Only kirby's dreamland and the punch-out arena get a pass for being awesome, but mushroomy kingdom? Come on...
  • Returning stages almost entirely suck.
  • I have yet to KO someone with Megaman's lemons.
  • Nosferatu was a special attack on Robin (not her base grab animation or anything).
  • No waddle dees (I know, I know, Dedede's new side-b is, like, the best projectile in the game now, but the waddle dees were just too silly-- they were just so hilarious to pelt people with.
  • Dedede's instant bair is gone: Even if his new one turns out to be better, I spent so long practicing that RAR/WoP, and he wasn't even a secondary...
  • Little love for Luigi: I may be wrong, but he feels like the least changed character, save his new up-b lag... I really thought the whole 'year of Luigi' bit happening prior might have had him getting more than that poltergust final smash and flutter-leggy jumps, though.
  • Gale force boomerang: Just not a fan-- I liked 64/melee's.
  • Trophy rush: I may have put an embarrassing number of hours into coin launcher to get 100% trophies (in addition to some stupid and infuriating times in SSE), but it at least took some minimal effort... meanwhile, trophy rush just has me walking back and forth mashing A as Megaman...
  • Zero video: I get the lack of SSE-styled cutscenes is Sakurai's spite to the video leaks from Brawl, fine, but not even an intro to show off that 3D/HD respectively?
  • No option to change in-game language to between japanese: No idea why, just thought it odd to have that missing.
  • DHD's final smash.
  • Many final smashes, for that matter.
  • No 'just one platform' stage (smashville!).
  • Can't choose one of the two songs for a stage-- forced to have both.
  • No fan item: It used to be my go-to example for showing newbies why I didn't play with items on...
  • Little Mac's non-ko-punch neutral-B: I thought it'd be something like a falcon punch... not something less likely to hit than rest.
  • Yoshi's eggs: while they control better and all, they feel to lack for impact... maybe it's just because his flutter kick and tail waggle feel so powerful when they connect.
  • No adventure mode.
  • No 'jumpman' mario costume.
  • Too few costumes for gender-swapping characters (WFT/Villiager/Robin).
  • Unlocking custom moves.
  • Equipment is random.
  • Equipment isn't balanced.
  • Actually, just equipment in general.
  • Friend codes.
  • No way to invite someone to a game.
  • Online has lag (not brawl-bad by any stretch, but... here's hoping it's some quirk of the 3ds or just my bad luck to run across laggier games...)
  • Custom moves: While I do love how carefully they looked to be balanced, so many of them just strike me as... uninspired. I mean, come on, you think Megaman of all people would get some crazy variety, but only Palutena seems to have actual 'unique' moves.
But most of all...
  • Can't retroactively save replays: Just after a game is the LAST time I'll ever think to stop from mashing A to hit the save button, so I love all those epic potential replays... ;-;

CharZane

Smash Apprentice
Well, instead we have trophies with the fighters using their Neutral Special.
Really? I hadn't even noticed that's what the all-star trophies were... thanks for informing me of the now-painfully-obvious by proxy. XD

Lord Regulus

Smash Rookie
I'm going to be so alone on this one... The utter destruction of Meta Knight due to defense changes.

Put down the pitch forks, let me explain!

Meta Knight has been my favorite video game character for over a decade and it made me sad how he was so powerful in Brawl that everyone started hating him. I was first in line for Meta Knight getting nerfs as I've wanted him since the original Super Smash Bros. I was looking forward to the changes they came up with, and I agree with most of them. He's a precision character, requiring you to know when your opponent will be vulnerable so you can strike at the best opportunity. However, due to the fact the defensive game makes players nigh impenetrable with shields and dodges basically means that moment never comes.

He can't do much of anything on the ground, which is fine as that should be his weak area. That wouldn't be so much of an issue if his precision game wasn't so borked from the non-punishable dodging. I've tried pacing my attacks in the air to hit them when their dodge WOULD end, but even if I am following them all the way down as they are dodging, I will never hit them. It is usually followed up with a grab battle that I generally lose at as Meta Knight's grab reach is rather pitiful. I feel I have to do running grabs sometimes so I can be clipping into them for the grab to connect.

Edit: Just found a clip that makes so much sense it hurts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlQLM0XkXW0

I will admit, maybe it is because I am too used to Brawl's mechanics, after all I do need to kill the habit of punished folks with an Up-Smash as it doesn't hit ground level at all, but I feel at a severe disadvantage when I play as Meta Knight. I can be doing a 1v1 For Glory match using Meta Knight, who I have been practicing constantly with, and get my butt handed to me right and left. Then I turn around and use anyone else and destroy them match after match. Seriously, I don't use Falco normally, so I shouldn't be doing so much better with him against players when I've tried developing strategies with Meta Knight.

Other than that, I guess:
  • They didn't use the Melee Mute City theme for the Mute City stage is irksome.
  • I don't like Villager as a newcomer. He is as annoying to fight as I thought he'd be.
  • I feel bad for using Little Mac in fights as its Ganondorf but with instant hits.
  • Big Mario fan and even I think there is too much of him here.

Last edited:

Abomination713

Smash Rookie
  • Little mac can hit you with his neutral A if you try to roll past him
  • Everyone can grab the ledge 1 foot away even if they miss the ledge. With the ledge being so safe, why make it even safer? Now people can go far below the edge and you can't hit the person with a down smash when they try to grab the ledge since they no long have to grab the ledge to grab the ledge. The other games weren't this forgiving with the ledge. Thanks for more casual safe zones Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom