• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS SSB3D Disappointments Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Disappointed that you can't save Smash Run replays. I had a hilarious Race to the Finish match where I footstooled Bowser into the red Kill Me Lava. Twice.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Blah blah blah "I'm still pissed that I was wrong about the gematsu leak so I'm taking out my anger by nitpicking an entry in a series I claim to like!" Seriously, get over yourself...
Actually, I was elated that the Gematsu leak was fake.

This game is still a colossal disappointment objectively.

The person who should get over themselves is you. The fact that you made an account just to post that shows just how truly pathetic you are. What's your main account? It's hysterical that you are that mad about Gematsu discussion months ago. I'm actually really curious to see what I posted that booty blasted you that hard. I must have done a great job.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Well, I am a bit disappointed with Palutena. I loved her in KIU and I was ecstatic about the chance to play as her, but she feels a tad... well, bad, really. It feels like almost all her moves are outrageously punishable on whiff. Or I still haven't "got" her, which could be, but...

Also, Dark Pit being SO cloney. At least make it a Lucina case of different stats or something.

Also Fox's voice. It feels wrong.

Mostly, though, I'm loving the game. This is rekindling the love of the game that I had back in the Melee days. And having Smash in my pocket is amazing.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
For a while, I've been wondering why I haven't been enjoying the song Id: Purpose as much as I had in Fire Emblem Awakening. I think I finally understand why now.

First of all, the song has obviously been shortened. This is pretty understandable given how quick a game of Smash Bros is compared to the amount of time it takes to finish a single chapter of Fire Emblem. Still, I feel that they could have kept at least a few parts of the original song.

My biggest disappointment towards the version of it in Smash 3DS however is the fact that the audio quality has been noticeably downgraded. I actually compared the two songs by listening on my 3DS and the version in Awakening is much clearer. At first, I also though this was pretty understandable given the wide array of songs that have been fit into the cartridge but then I scrolled down in the music list... There are three extra Kid Icarus: Uprising songs in this game... one of them lasts 5 minutes long. They couldn't get rid of these songs to keep Id: Purpose more true to its source material in some way?

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Can we just have Race to the Finish be its own mode? It's honestly the only thing I enjoy from Smash Run but it happens so rarely.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Definitely also the lack of stage variety in For Glory mode. If Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, and Prism Tower were allowed in For Glory, campy playstyles would be much less of a problem. Hopefully, they patch in these stages in the future.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, instead we have trophies with the fighters using their Neutral Special.
They don't. They just have different poses in one of their alt costumes.

Some are based on moves, but certainly not all of them are their neutral special. And then some have a random pose (Sonic does his finger wave, Rosalina is just sort of dancing with Luma, etc).

Last edited:

Bittersweet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
eskay64
3DS FC
2449-5765-1828
The fact that every time you're interrupted in an online battle (even just closing the 3DS) you're flagged and have to wait 10+ minutes to play again. I worry that one of these times, I'm going to get banned from online matches just because I have to take a call.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
They don't. They just have different poses in their alt costume.

Some are based on moves, but certainly not all of them are their neutral special. And then some have a random pose (Sonic does his finger wave, Rosalina is just sort of dancing with Luma, etc).
Oh, ok.

CharZane

Smash Apprentice
Let me add a few more...
  • Robin's lack of usable shield grab.
  • Counter moves lacking real 'dead' frames to punish.
  • Counter moves working within jab 'combos'.
  • Lack of a 50-50 split between final destination and 'battlefield/smashville/etc.' style stages in For Glory.
  • Ike no longer acting out of side B instantly, nor having quite so instant a jab combo.
  • Powershields can't reflect projectiles to punish predictability.
  • Side-B/Up-B input sensitivities.
  • Fast falling Dairs (the number one problem for me sans c-stick...)
  • Lack of air dodge delays.
  • Dash dance inputs.
  • Conquest mode.
  • The challenges.
  • Pit's return (Dark Pit is how his moveset was meant to be done-- Pit feels like Pichu by comparison).
  • Too few teleporting characters (Palutena's one, but that's no more than melee's count with Mewtwo...)
  • Metaknight's side B returns.
  • Sonic's side and down B's are still nearly the same move.
  • Luigi's recovery.
  • Little Mac's ubiquity (an underdog top-tier character would have been so fitting...)
  • Shulk's monado arts (fusing jump to defense and speed to buster would have made for more streamlined roles... making them integral rather than quirks would have had some amazing potential)
  • Global Smash Power
  • Online matchmaking. (No search parameters, skill-matching, etc.)
  • Stages like FD-form Wario Ware or Mute City (which have a terrible camera and some lag, respectively).
  • Inability to invite friends to a game.
  • No Mario Kart 8-styled replay uploading.
  • Replay limit.
  • Luma's respawn rate.
  • Super armor.
  • Lack of 'For Fun' 1v1 mode.
  • 2 stock matches (4'd certainly be too much, but 3 just feels like it'd have been perfect).
  • Elwind is worse as a recovery than Dolphin Slash? (Wind magic <... air-stabbing?)
  • The demo's lack of customizable controls.
  • You can get the same costume in online (oh hell is that confusing).
  • Can't preview costumes from those tine portraits.
  • Lack of easter eggs (character unlocks takes very little effort, BowJow's time aspect aside, and there's little 'new'...)
  • Smash mode on the 3ds.
  • Rolling.
I only even think about complaints just to keep from exploding any heads through fangirly screeches every time I play, mind you. Thus the requisite quantity just to have me dialed down to 'totally enamored'. ^^"

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Anna's trophy doesn't have the Teddy Bear chain on her sword. What the frick man! You had one job!
Also I'm not seeing many non-Awakening or non-Uprising trophies. Yeah those are great games but have some respect for the rest of the series, yo.

Nym

Smash Rookie
NNID
rayneism
3DS FC
5172-2222-3890
- Unimpressive stage selection (most of the new stages aren't horrible, but the veteran stages that they threw in there are pretty bland imo. And why is Mushroomy Kingdom a thing again?).
- Clone characters having hardly any differences from their original counterparts, esp. in a game where Sakurai emphasized his desire to veer from clones. I find it all the more disappointing because a lot of the newcomers were very unique and brought something fresh to the table. The clones just feel that much more lackluster alongside the rest of the cast.
- Lack of music variation or a My Music option.
- For Glory not having some sort of matchmaking system; it's frustrating getting paired with someone you can't even touch. Contrarily, it's not satisfying winning a match you could have won blindfolded and playing with your feet.
- No Lucas or Ice Climbers, although the latter is understandable.

XPyromanicX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eazy5Flash
3DS FC
0344-9812-7584
My disappointments
-No Wolf:wolf:
-You can't play the original City Trial music from Kirby Air Ride
-Dark Pit being a clone:4darkpit:(As a Kid Icarus Uprising fan I am very disappointed.)
-For Glory's team battle not being a stock match.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
DLC. I knew it. Time to expend all your money on characters you won't even play that much, but need to know since you'll face them online. I just hope Mewtwo is actually good this time.

av448

Smash Cadet
Smash Run having some Final Battle modes: Race To The Finish , STAMINA Battle , Climb , Hit The Targets ( challengue doors only , but still Smash Run ) and more. But they can't be played separated , i mean , they are ALREADY there , what is the problem on letting you choose them outside of Smash Run? and oh yeah , you can't even choose which the FInal Battle will be , it is chosen randomly

FallenXIV

Smash Rookie
NNID
FallenToDarkness
3DS FC
1091-7748-7375
Just the lack of variety in stages in For Glory mode.

I really just don't like the stages in Smash 3DS.

Other than that I just deal with it.

D

Deleted member

It's been over a year since I bought it, and I have yet to have a Climb battle after Smash Run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom