• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SS vs Scar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
GG7 is clearly the best falcon player to ever live.

/thread

no but really why does no1 acknowledge what scar said on the topic?

Scar

#HarveyDent
SS matches up vs spacies way better than I do and I'm not entirely sure how, he manifests grabs that I just am not finding right now but I'm confident that he and I will work together like me and Hax did for a while and I'll be able to take a little bit of that from him, maybe he'll start stealing some of my combos

lol not to take any credit but he definitely fulljump uair falling knee'd me (so did S2J) which is like patented scar early '08 ****

i just approach too much, hax and SS are both pretty reluctant to approach (hax camps much more blatantly but that's the idea)

@ nocturnalist friendlies are friendlies, i probably agree with your point but your analysis is garbage, head-to-head 3-1 i think should be convincing enough that the fact that he beat me in the majority of our post-tourney friendlies should be irrelevant. and i got ***** @ r3, no doubt about that. fly and DEHF, fly beat SS in pools too but apparently SS beats DEHF, so i have to learn the spacie matchup from him no doubt about it.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i feel like this thread was intended just for you to show that JV5 lol(considering it had like zero purpose to be mentioned at all)

anyways, i honestly dont see why people feed into these "XXXfalcon vs. XXXfalcon WHOZ BETTA" threads

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
People care because everybody likes to watch Falcon matches and SS and Scar are both awesome. I don't know why everyone is getting so upset. Also anyone who thinks it is obvious either way is foolish, both of them are pretty equal, even Scar says so. Also, @Scar: SS might be better at the spacies matchup, but you have definitely got him beat at the sheik matchup.
Anyways, hopefully they'll play at Pound 4 to clear this up. Thoug, they already MM'd and Scar won, so I that kind of answers it :D

Zodiac

Smash Master
For those of you that didnt know ss and scar had a money match at r3 and scar won, I wasnt able to stay on the stream and watch the tournament but I would say it was probably one of ,if not the most exciting match of the night, it was friggin awesome to watch. But they are mostly even I would say, lots of **** went flying both ways during their matches.

Scar

#HarveyDent
the issue seems to be approach vs punishment, my punishment game objectively speaking is pretty disproportionate to every other falcon, once i get hits they basically turn into death -- which explains my weakness vs floaty characters quite well. in terms of raw speed and technical gameplay i don't think that anyone really matches my ability, but SS and hax are MUCH better at turning the tech skill that they have (which is considerable) into smart gameplay, another area that i've not yet developed.

with regards to approach i had speculated that SS was inexperienced and generally very poor in that area, but it turns out that he's quite brilliant with his movement and that creates very many openings for him vs a very large portion of playstyles. he also punishes way harder on platforms than i do, and obviously has solid combos.

hax really shines with his approach and playstyle, he's extremely technical, i'd argue moreso than SS, but his strongpoint is his ability to turn that raw speed into reliable combos, EXCELLENT edgeguarding, the best approach i've ever seen, and basically into consistency.

and just to throw in my two cents on darkrain, he HAD (again don't want to speculate on his current state) a speed and ferocity that has yet to be recreated. his combos were textbook but also innovative, and his approach was a result of an extreme pressure game and a control of the match that is slightly superior to hax/SS.

in terms of game control i'd say darkrain > hax > SS >> scar. anyone can tell that i am never in control of spacing unless there's a huge skill gap between me and the opponent, and generally i'm getting ***** until i hit someone and then they die. at neutral positions in high % last stock matches no one is very surprised when darkrain/hax/SS pull wins, i can't say the same about myself.

this ALL translates into them having stronger core gameplay than me, but the nature of falcon dittos sort of gives me a natural edge vs them, my ability to turn hits into deathcombos as opposed to tech-chase opportunities give my hits far more weight, so i can make up for a weaker approach with a great hit:kill ratio.

i think this should sufficiently explain everything lol.

Zengar

Smash Cadet
Scar is the man lol

Also, don't Hax, SS, and Darkrain have relatively more smash experience than you? There's some unconscious choices and basic fundamentals concerning top-level smash that develop over time, I think it's quite clear Scar is in the process of breaking into that level.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
actually no it's more like.

darkrain > forward's falcon > ss > hax > scar > gg7.

ahh **** =D (<3 Mango)

Hax

Smash Champion
i like what scarduzio said there about darkrain's playstyle never having been recreated, that's a good way to put it

atm it's probably darkrain (at his prime, if he is still that good) > hax ~ ss (very close) > jona > skyheart >>> scar

but i think isai, mango and darkrain's falcons are the ones to study if you want to improve your falcon for pound. for one i don't really have good vids of myself up; two i'm really inconsistent so good vids would be hella scattered

keeper

Smash Champion
Scar's post is the most objective post when someone is posting about themselves that I've seen in awhile. Bravo.

otg

Smash Master
See *****s laugh at PC Jona and troll him and **** becuase they see him being all stupid on the boards. But it is NO accident that Hax puts Jona >>> Scar. jona is disgusting, you guys have no idea.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
See *****s laugh at PC Jona and troll him and **** becuase they see him being all stupid on the boards. But it is NO accident that Hax puts Jona >>> Scar. jona is disgusting, you guys have no idea.
<3 Jona. He always gives me tips and he helped my game a lot. I was looking forward to playing him at pound until he said he wasn't going.

AND GOD ****IT! I USED TO LIVE 15 MINS AWAY FROM SKYHEART AND I NEVER GOT TO PLAY HIM!!!!

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Scar, I love your post. I really like that you can talk about yourself objectively compared to other players. What a cool guy.

Jun.

Smash Lord
IMO there should just be a international falcon tourney. No joke. Or at least a side event at a major tourney.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Great post scar, I have more stuff to look out for.

Now how exactly do you get so good at the death combos?

Scar

#HarveyDent
my captain falcon runs faster and predicts DI better after hits than anyone else

idk how to teach that except after every hit you land you should be running at whoever you hit

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
the issue seems to be approach vs punishment, my punishment game objectively speaking is pretty disproportionate to every other falcon, once i get hits they basically turn into death -- which explains my weakness vs floaty characters quite well. in terms of raw speed and technical gameplay i don't think that anyone really matches my ability, but SS and hax are MUCH better at turning the tech skill that they have (which is considerable) into smart gameplay, another area that i've not yet developed.

with regards to approach i had speculated that SS was inexperienced and generally very poor in that area, but it turns out that he's quite brilliant with his movement and that creates very many openings for him vs a very large portion of playstyles. he also punishes way harder on platforms than i do, and obviously has solid combos.

hax really shines with his approach and playstyle, he's extremely technical, i'd argue moreso than SS, but his strongpoint is his ability to turn that raw speed into reliable combos, EXCELLENT edgeguarding, the best approach i've ever seen, and basically into consistency.

and just to throw in my two cents on darkrain, he HAD (again don't want to speculate on his current state) a speed and ferocity that has yet to be recreated. his combos were textbook but also innovative, and his approach was a result of an extreme pressure game and a control of the match that is slightly superior to hax/SS.

in terms of game control i'd say darkrain > hax > SS >> scar. anyone can tell that i am never in control of spacing unless there's a huge skill gap between me and the opponent, and generally i'm getting ***** until i hit someone and then they die. at neutral positions in high % last stock matches no one is very surprised when darkrain/hax/SS pull wins, i can't say the same about myself.

this ALL translates into them having stronger core gameplay than me, but the nature of falcon dittos sort of gives me a natural edge vs them, my ability to turn hits into deathcombos as opposed to tech-chase opportunities give my hits far more weight, so i can make up for a weaker approach with a great hit:kill ratio.

i hope your judging of darkrain's current state being possibly worse than before isn't because he lost to wobbles.

Linguini

Smash Master

scar is pretty ridiculous once he hits you lol

hax is the overall best tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom