• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spore

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
What did you just say? It's worth it to buy a new computer for Spore.

But, I think you should be fine actually. I may be bumping my processor up to 2.6 and go dual - SLi just to blow the game away.

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
It's absolutely worth it CK, I got it from TPB, and even with the lack of parts of the demo version it seems limitless.

Poorly taken screenshot of poorly designed creature:

I can play it with fully maxed graphics at a 1680x1050 screen res, anyone can play this game and everyone should.

September seems so far away...

T-major

Smash Champion
this game looks like it will rock... like, a lot! I'm surprised at how little the specs are. with the amount of stuff you can do, I was expecting something larger. not that I'm complaining! :D

lucky me, I just got a new laptop too. :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
CK, thanks heaps for that link! I've finally been able to make the Andalite I've always wanted!

Admittedly you have to have a mouth, so I stuck a small one on it's tail. And no sign of any noses in the small demo, but still, freaking amazing :D

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Wow, those creatures are awesome. Shows the versatility of the creature creator. I'm definitely going to see if I can create a world full of anthropomorphic Volkswagen Beatles. It's my dream.

Actually, I just thought of it right now, but it does sound pretty cool. Would I have to give them legs, or does the creature creator allow for wheels?

What did you just say? It's worth it to buy a new computer for Spore.
Well, I've been looking forward to playing Spore for a long time, but I'm still not exciting enough to go and spend a few hundred dollars on a new computer for it when I've still got a perfectly usable laptop.

But, I think you should be fine actually.
Good. I wouldn't have spent those hundreds of dollars, but I sure would have wanted to.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Wow, for a demo, it's got a lot of meat to it. Sadly, my two major creations are now gone because it didn't save properly or something, but I get the real creature creator on Wednesday.

I made an ape, the closest you'll get to a human really, and the most complex creature I could until it said I had too many parts. Some of the pre-made ones are awesome looking.

After playing this with a friend, and watching some videos of the game (the Civilization mode is my favorite now), this game is going to be epic.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The first one is vastly and ridiculously outdated. Checking the other two.

Sporkman

Smash Ace

Don't know whether I could be arsed with this game. Does the demo feature 2 or more stages? Can't be bothered downloading it till i get a mouse (instead of touchpad), if it does, what's the transition like?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The demo is just the creature creator, and the one that's free to download is just 1/4 of the parts. you can buy the full creature creator for about 5 bucks, and most places (including EA themselves) let you take the 5 bucks you spent off the main cost of the full game later.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The $5 off of Spore: is that mail order or what because I was going to pre-order Spore on Wednesday when I picked up the Creature Creator.

Unseen_Killa

Smash Apprentice
For those still looking for the trial, just look on a torrent site, tons of seeder. It's about 145 mb and I'm dling at about 600 kb/s. The MU link got taken down.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Wait im alittle lost did I missed dl the creature creator but i get another chance when? on the 17th or what?

Can some1 post a link to where i can dl this demo or is it the full creature creator? Either way can some1 post a link.

If i spend the 10 bucks on it does that mean they will take it off the price of the game when it comes out?

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
the trial creature creator can still be found if you look for a torrent, piratebay.com is safe.
Otherwiser, you can put down 10$ on ign to pre-order the full creature creator, which you can download on the 17th or 18th can't remember, or you can get the free trial version then if you don't want to torrent it now. The full game comes out Sept. somethin, like 17th.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
September 7th in Europe, September 8th in the US.

I think the Wii, DS, and mobile phone versions are sometime around then.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
i've seen the demo for the ds not nearly as good as pc but we all knew that would happen. I haven't seen anything for the wii yet though.

also thx for the info on the creature creator I bought mine and am waiting for the 18th to get the full version.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I keep being amazed at what I can do with even 1/4 of the creature creator.

I cannot wait for the real game to come out.

Tr0n

Smash Cadet
Full creature creator out today :D I can't wait till this thing comes out in september, it's gonna be so great!

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer

Those are all the creatures I've made with just the trial creature creator. If you want a full picture of any of them, or just a more in depth description, ask me. I will provide.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Should be out already, it's been the 17th for 7 hours.

Sadly, EA has failed to notice.
Really depends on the time zone.

Also, the full version releases on midnight of the 18th, CDT. It's only the official release of the trial version that's on the 17th.

If you give us the normal picture files for them, we can download them into our own game.
Huh? How the heck are you going to download someone's creatures from a picture file?

Anyhow, I don't really want to upload pictures for all of my creatures. I'd rather just do it when or if someone expresses an interest in one of them.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The Mermaid and elepuff look interesting.

Asked around at a bunch of game shops the last few days, none know anything about the demo, which means I'll have to see if I can borrow someone's credit card. :/

Oh and we're getting Spore 4th of Sept in aus. Yay!

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
Yeah same here. Not one person I asked had even heard of Spore. :(

I've spent hours and hours and hours on the trial, so I'm all super giddy about the full creator coming out. Now.. How to find £5 and get it into my account.

*Poor sulk*

Sporkman

Smash Ace

Had some fun with the creator.

The Garglia and the Flithfloth, the unfinished work in progress that eventually became the Garglia was called the Jobby.

The amount of variables was stunning. Am interested to see whether extra parts would be restricted to expansions and user created, or whether Maxis would create bits and pieces every now and again. Extremely interested in this game now though.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Got some interesting critters there Mic.

Decided to try and make something as big as possible. I can't work body sizes yet so eventually it became stick thin.

.. It's a bit of an awkward mover.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I hate you all. My computer refuses to connect to MS to update my DirectX, which means the SCC won't start up. I WANT TO CREATE THINGS, D*MNIT.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Huh? How the heck are you going to download someone's creatures from a picture file?
Well, I still don't understand how the hell it works, but apparently you can.

I've uploaded all my creatures to imageshack. I'll just give you guys the link and let you take whatever you please.

http://mediocrityincarnate.googlepages.com/home

Unfortunately, I've got them hosted on imageshack, and can't figure out how to get the thumbnails to actually show up. Still, you should be able to figure out which ones are which by hovering over them and looking at the hyperlink address.

EDIT: Oh, and I just downloaded your creature, Pluvia. Works fine.

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
*chuckles at Mic's head crab*

Why didn't I think of that? ^.^

I just tried sending and recieving picture files over MSN and it really does work. Seems all you need is a picture of the creature, but it has to be the file created originally in the Created Creatures folder, other formats don't work. Proof?

Pluvia, I tried to upload your creature but it didn't work for me. Sorry mate :(

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Someone needs to cut off my hands, I have not been a benevolent god.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I went ahead and checked it out, and it's turning out pretty good. The only problem I have is that the graphics could have been much better.

I mean, I'm not talking Half-Life graphics, but for what type of graphics they were, it could have been better.

Top Bottom