• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spore

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
There's still no definitive info on the Wii version, but yes, the PC version will always be the best.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The Wii version has been said by Will Wright to be just a single stage of the 5. Also, Wright mentioned a port to 360 and PS3.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I went ahead and checked it out, and it's turning out pretty good. The only problem I have is that the graphics could have been much better.

I mean, I'm not talking Half-Life graphics, but for what type of graphics they were, it could have been better.
Why, so a bunch of us can't play it? It looks and plays aweosme the way it is. Besides, the only phase you're going to be seeing your creatures close up all the time is the creature phase.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Seeing as though I was asleep when the full version got released, I'm only going to get like half an hour to play it, it's downloading now though.

EDIT:

****, it's not working. The trial version ran without lag, this version begins to work fine, then Windows say it thinks there's a problem, doesn't find a problem, then closes it down.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Anyone noticed you can 'view galaxy' on the menu screen? There's nothing to look at of course but I imagine that's because stuff comes into play with the space age

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey Spork, next time you get the change, go to the 'my galaxy' thing, hold the left arrow button, then hold the left mouse button, move it left and right a few times, then let go.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So i made some guys that i think are very sweet but how do i get them up here like some of you have? also can you view others my spore page yet or anthing like that yet?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I tried making a human today but it was a bit difficult using the trial version. Anyone got the full creature creator yet? Does it have noses? That would be appreciated.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Not surpised EA are clamping down on ***** monsters, some of them are hilariously shocking.

To make your creatures downloadable here you host the files in documents->my spore creations->creatures
Might not be spot on, but should be close enough.

Don't know Mic, but ive seen some very human looking creatures in the online sporepedia.

Deception

Smash Ace
This game certainly looks interesting, even though I don't play PC games that much. But what bugs me is the evolution thing, because I'm a Christian and I don't believe in evolution. Do any of you think that this game would be offending to people who think evolution is crap?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I tried making a human today but it was a bit difficult using the trial version. Anyone got the full creature creator yet? Does it have noses? That would be appreciated.
Yes, it has noses.

This game certainly looks interesting, even though I don't play PC games that much. But what bugs me is the evolution thing, because I'm a Christian and I don't believe in evolution. Do any of you think that this game would be offending to people who think evolution is crap?
Not unless they take it offensively.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Do you people not enjoy fiction then?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Then don't buy the game. It'd be like walking into a Store that has a sign up "We will insult you" paying them to insult you, then complaining you're offended.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Sssh, we shouldn't start debates here, this is a thread for Spore.
I don't intend to either. It's just that I for one agree with evolution and not the writings of the bible, or any other religious texts, but I do enjoy reading what are for me 'stories'. Therefore, they could do the same with this video game. I don't think it should be offending, it's all fantasy baby.

EDIT: Disgusting? then surely you do not enjoy fantastical fiction!

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
We enjoy fiction, but not when something I find disgusting is part of the main gameplay.
What's disgusting about evolution? I mean, I suppose I can understand how you'd feel that humans evolving from great apes was a bad thing, because "ewww, monkeys!"

But there are no humans in these games, so nothing to worry about, aye? That's how I'd look at it, anyway, if I didn't buy into evolution. I'd still play it because it looks to be an incredibly fun game.

And also, the version of evolution presented in this game is so watered down and simplified that it's hard to take seriously. The way evolution really works is way more interesting than this. Unfortunately, it would also be impossible to fit into a video game, and would make a pretty crappy game even if they did manage.

Deception

Smash Ace
What's disgusting about evolution? I mean, I suppose I can understand how you'd feel that humans evolving from great apes was a bad thing, because "ewww, monkeys!"

But there are no humans in these games, so nothing to worry about, aye? That's how I'd look at it, anyway, if I didn't buy into evolution. I'd still play it because it looks to be an incredibly fun game.

And also, the version of evolution presented in this game is so watered down and simplified that it's hard to take seriously. The way evolution really works is way more interesting than this. Unfortunately, it would also be impossible to fit into a video game, and would make a pretty crappy game even if they did manage.
The reason I find evolution disgusting is that goes against God creating us as humans.

The only reason why I bother considering playing this game is the Creature Creator mode. Maybe I can just treat the whole thing as fake and try to enjoy it? I still need to see more of the features in this game before I can consider good enough that I can forget about the evolution thing.

Is there anyone buying this game that doesn't like the evolution theory?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Maybe I can just treat the whole thing as fake and try to enjoy it?
I'm asking a serious question, so don't think I'm being a smart *** or anything. Have you ever read any fiction books? Ever watched a fiction movie? Ever played a non-real-based game? Ever watched a Cartoon? If you can do that, you can play this game.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
Oh man that Dodo is much better than mine D:

Also, the top creature in my big post is unnamed, any suggestions?

Top Bottom