• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hahaha, no. That's probably just his crouch idle animation extending his hurtbox due to not crouching at the same time or something.

Let me reiterate:

Pit and Dark Pit use the exact same model and animations for everything aside from taunts and Final Smash.

I'm not sure what logic you're trying to use here.

You're saying that Dark Pit is better... because his arrows are worse?

Umm.

help.
No, his arrows aren't as necessary as Pit's. With Dark Pit, you can be more straightforward...like his arrows. You don't have to think about aiming and can focus on other things. Also, Dark Pit benefits from this since his arrows do more damage and knockback.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
No, his arrows aren't as necessary as Pit's. With Dark Pit, you can be more straightforward...like his arrows. You don't have to think about aiming and can focus on other things. Also, Dark Pit benefits from this since his arrows do more damage and knockback.
Why can't you just go offstage with Pit then?

Pit's a strictly better character, there's nothing Dark Pit does that Pit doesn't do better. If you're losing more games with Pit than you are with Dark Pit... Then I am judging.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Why can't you just go offstage with Pit then?

Pit's a strictly better character, there's nothing Dark Pit does that Pit doesn't do better. If you're losing more games with Pit than you are with Dark Pit... Then I am judging.
Actually, Dark Pit KO's about 15% earlier than Pit does with his Side B if you're near a ledge. Also, his attacks generally do more damage, if only by a little.
Sure, Pit can KO more reliably with his Ftilt and Upperdash, however, those two things alone do not make him "better" than Dark Pit, overall.

Just as Sakurai said, it comes down to personal preference.

Oh, and btw, I've smacked around quite a good number of Pit players with my Dark Pit, some who I would even call masters at him. While I won't go out of my way to say that I'm one of the best Dark Pit's in the world, I will say that he is an equal when compared to Pit.

PS: I don't think I've challenged you to a match yet, I've been on this little fighting spree with all the managers on the site. I've taken down a fair few of them. So, if you'd like, we can play a few rounds. Maybe I can show you just how potent Dark Pit can be.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Hahaha, no. That's probably just his crouch idle animation extending his hurtbox due to not crouching at the same time or something.

Let me reiterate:

Pit and Dark Pit use the exact same model and animations for everything aside from taunts and Final Smash.

I'm not sure what logic you're trying to use here.

You're saying that Dark Pit is better... because his arrows are worse?

Umm.

help.
even if you were wrong, what difference would it make, it is unnoticeable anyway.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Actually, Dark Pit KO's about 15% earlier than Pit does with his Side B if you're near a ledge.
Sure, Dark Pit KO's 15% early if you use a high risk low reward (GENERALLY CONSIDERED BAD) move in a very specific circumstance (near the ledge).
Also, his attacks generally do more damage, if only by a little.
This is blatantly false information. Only Side B and Arrows do more damage, and it's pretty much unnoticeable.
Sure, Pit can KO more reliably with his Ftilt and Upperdash, however, those two things alone do not make him "better" than Dark Pit, overall.
Except it does. If you have two characters that are exactly the same bar one move, and there's a difference between that move to make one worse than the other, the character with the "better" move is the better character.
Oh, and btw, I've smacked around quite a good number of Pit players with my Dark Pit, some who I would even call masters at him. While I won't go out of my way to say that I'm one of the best Dark Pit's in the world, I will say that he is an equal when compared to Pit.
even if you were wrong, what difference would it make, it is unnoticeable anyway.
Ah you have made an unfortunate assumption that I'm wrong. Because I'm not. They have the same height, weight, speed, hurtboxes... etc.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Sure, Dark Pit KO's 15% early if you use a low risk high reward (GENERALLY CONSIDERED BAD) move in a very specific circumstance (near the ledge).

This is blatantly false information. Only Side B and Arrows do more damage, and it's pretty much unnoticeable.
Except it does. If you have two characters that are exactly the same bar one move, and there's a difference between that move to make one worse than the other, the character with the "better" move is the better character.

Ah you have made an unfortunate assumption that I'm wrong. Because I'm not. They have the same height, weight, speed, hurtboxes... etc.
I guess I can take this response as a big, fat no in terms of getting to play. *sigh*

Ok then...

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
But as Speed just said, its based on personal preference, not on which Pit is better based on his attacks.

Let me illiterate, THEY ARE 99.9% THE SAME, saying who is better really doesn't matter and is all based on opinion.

The only drastic difference is the two arms, which is also based on opinion on which is better.

Electroshock can kill because side blast lines are closer to the stage then the upper blast line, but since its knockback is decreased it is still a challenge to do.

While the Upperdash has a huge amount of knockback, as i said before, the upper blast line is father away from the stage then the side blast lines.

so in conclusion which Pit is "better" is opinion, not fact.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

This pic again
Seriously Speed, your so good at this game.
though you must admit my sonic was the only one that was almost beating you.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

This pic again
Seriously Speed, your so good at this game.
though you must admit my sonic was the only one that was almost beating you.
Sonic is so good in this game though. xD

You just need to practice, preferably with people who are at or around my skill level. http://www.chatzy.com/smashbros <-- This is where I tend to go to play people.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pit is better then Dark Pit, but only just slightly so. His arrows don't make as huge of a difference as they appear. The more I use Pit's arrows, the more unnecessary I realize they are. They're just kind of nice to have. But unless you're fighting a camper, you should only really throw out a small handful of arrows in every match. Use to many and you're kind of wasting his aggressive potential.

Let's not forget that the Electroshock Arm also gives Dark Pit some slightly better stage control.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Palutena's Lightweight is legit good. And Dash Attack and Bair have a super disjoint.
Not so sure about the disjoints on shield attacks (though they probably do cuz they're weapons), what's really
interesting about is that they make Palutena invulnerable for some frames.

Edit: So it probably doesn't matter if they're disjointed in the end.

Last edited:

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
Not so sure about the disjoints on shield attacks (though they probably do cuz they're weapons), what's really
interesting about is that they make Palutena invulnerable for some frames.
To be fair, a Shield that doesn't protect really doesn't make for a great shield.
(I mean, Link's shield actually blocks projectiles when standing still. Because little details.)

Also, praise the Sun

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Let's not forget that the Electroshock Arm also gives Dark Pit some slightly better stage control.
How does a more horizontal knockback angle and slightly higher damage output give the Electroshock Arm better stage control than the Upperdash Arm? I swear I don't mean to sound disrespectful: I'm genuinely curious.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
How does a more horizontal knockback angle and slightly higher damage output give the Electroshock Arm better stage control than the Upperdash Arm? I swear I don't mean to sound disrespectful: I'm genuinely curious.
More space, I suppose.
Although knocking people in the air can give the same pressure. I'm not sure how it gives better stage control, either. xD

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Mewtwo is still lighter than Palutena, sadly.
I hope this isn't your answer to every Mewtwo matchup discussion other than Jigglypuff.

And unlike Palutena, Mewtwo has frames of vulnerability during his teleport.
Mewtwo also has air speed, safe tilts and safer smashes.

To be honest, though, these two feel oddly similar in playstyle in some respects, between the jab followups,
airdodge punishing nairs among other things.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Mewtwo lost 200 pounds in only 7 years! Thanks megashake!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Health Professionals hate him!! Find out how he lost 200 pounds in only 7 years, by clicking here!!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We moderate tournament brackets and claims to better uphold Smash History. Basically. :p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I guess what I meant is that between F-throw's kill power and their extremely good off stage game, Pit and Pitooey like having their opponents close to the edge. Electroshock has more horizontal KB, so it forces who it hits to land closer to the edge then Upperdash.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I guess what I meant is that between F-throw's kill power and their extremely good off stage game, Pit and Pitooey like having their opponents close to the edge. Electroshock has more horizontal KB, so it forces who it hits to land closer to the edge then Upperdash.
But every character likes characters at the edge when it is advantageous.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So don't spam it.

I'm not saying Electroshock is a gift from the heavens. I'm just saying it has its uses.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I don't really have much to say on the Pit vs. Dark Pit matter, seeing as I don't main either, but I do think that Pit is just slightly better than Dark Pit. The Upperdash Arm kills earlier than the Electroshock Arm in most situations, Pit's arrows seem to be more useful, and Dark Pit's F-Tilt has very poor knockback compared to Pit's. However, I think these differences are, by and large, pretty minimal, so I don't think Pit and Dark Pit belong more than 1 or 2 spots away from each other on the tier list.

That said, I prefer playing as Dark Pit over Pit because I think Dark Pit looks cooler:p.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
My Brian, graduated from high school today. I'm actually two years ahead, so... x3
...I'm kind of sad, however....I don't think we're going to be able to see each other much for a while....

Last edited:

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
My Brian, graduated from high school today. I'm actually two years ahead, so... x3
...I'm kind of sad, however....I don't think we're going to be able to see each other much for a while....
Whats a Brian and where can I get one?

EDIT:oh wait, nvm

Last edited:
Top Bottom