• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Just imagine Psystrike...
:3
I saw that on Boon's Twitter account, and now I'll never look at Ganondorf's Up-Tilt in the same way ever agin... 0_0

That said, I've recently considered getting a PS4 for my birthday and when we've gotten our share from the tribunal today. Any thoughts or recommendations for it?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I saw that on Boon's Twitter account, and now I'll never look at Ganondorf's Up-Tilt in the same way ever agin... 0_0

That said, I've recently considered getting a PS4 for my birthday and when we've gotten our share from the tribunal today. Any thoughts or recommendations for it?
EVOLVE!!!! :D

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Once we destroy all free expression I will then finally have the grounds I need to destroy all heretics that dared to criticize Miriam Pultro's performance as Femtwo.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Once we destroy all free expression I will then finally have the grounds I need to destroy all heretics that dared to criticize Miriam Pultro's performance as Femtwo.
Who still did a crap job portraying Mewtwo. So jokes on you.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
You stubbornly refuse to understand...
I could say the same to you.

However I think as Mewtwo we need to master the unique properties of our second jump since we can use our aerial attacks and airdodge and maintain jump momentum. Impossible with special moves sadly. Much to my dismay.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I could say the same to you.

However I think as Mewtwo we need to master the unique properties of our second jump since we can use our aerial attacks and airdodge and maintain jump momentum. Impossible with special moves sadly. Much to my dismay.
Special cancelling can actually come in quite handy.
It's nice to have two alterations when it comes to air attacks.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Bloodborne, inFamous and if you haven't gotten it on PS3, TLOU.
There's also Witcher 3, Batman, Fallout 4 and Persona 5.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Batman Arkham Knight, The Phantom Pain and Kingdom Hearts 3 are pretty much my main reasons for wanting a PS4.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Hot damn, it's been- what? 1 - 2 month since Mewtwo's release, and i've been playing him non-stop, yet i ALWAYS forgett he has a wall-jump now!
There's so many deaths i could've avoided if i just remembered his wall-jump! D:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
IMO We like platforms.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I like platforms.

They're meant to play games and thus are awesome. :cheep:

Oh wait, you meant platforms in Smash.

I suppose Mewtwo likes them? I dunno.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Mewtwo doesn't just like platforms, he practically needs them. They just give him so much more aerial and jump opportunities.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Topic discussion: Which character and stage mus best benefit Mewtwo, and for what reason?
Let's start with one I've been stuggling with.
Pit.
(Ironic, eh?)

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Topic discussion: Which character and stage mus best benefit Mewtwo, and for what reason?
Let's start with one I've been stuggling with.
Pit.
(Ironic, eh?)
Not an answer to you question, but ever since I fought your Dark Pit and watch your videos of your Dark Pit I've been trying to mimic your style with normal Pit and I think I've got it down pretty well, no one and I repeat NO ONE can beat me now at my school, even the people who were better at me before.

thank you...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Not an answer to you question, but ever since I fought your Dark Pit and watch your videos of your Dark Pit I've been trying to mimic your style with normal Pit and I think I've got it down pretty well, no one and I repeat NO ONE can beat me now at my school, even the people who were better at me before.

thank you...
Pit is quite different than Dark Pit, though.
He KO's easier, but has a harder time racking up % damage. Also, you have to focus more on aiming, whilst Dark Pit can focus solely on heavy rushdown.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Pit is quite different than Dark Pit, though.
He KO's easier, but has a harder time racking up % damage. Also, you have to focus more on aiming, whilst Dark Pit can focus solely on heavy rushdown.
Still... i now destroy everything thanks to you, in fact using your technique seems to give more emphasis on pressure with Pit.

Last edited:

Spirst

Uh, Dark Pit and Pit are hardly different. Check out the data here:

http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Pit
http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Dark Pit

Like 98% of their stuff is the same. The only differences are electroshock arm having a lower angle and .5%+ and then the arrows which are a bit more different in % but not by too much.

The frame data being the same and the damage output being the same for the most part means they can do the same things. I'd take DP for Rosalina but yeah...I wouldn't really call them quite different at all.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

Like 98% of their stuff is the same. The only differences are electroshock arm having a lower angle and .5%+ and then the arrows which are a bit more different in % but not by too much.

The frame data being the same and the damage output being the same for the most part means they can do the same things. I'd take DP for Rosalina but yeah...I wouldn't really call them quite different at all.
well Dark pit's f-tilt does less knockback, and crouches slightly lower for some odd reason.

but yeah they are pretty much the same.

Last edited:

Spirst

Yeah, forgot about ftilt. Pits seem like solid characters overall. A bit bland for my tastes but pretty wrongly underrepresented in NA region. Think they're fairly popular in Japan though.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

You'd be surprised. I perform quite better with Dark Pit over Pit.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Who still did a crap job portraying Mewtwo. So jokes on you.
Such ill manner! May you encounter a devotee of the fair lady with superior skill to yours that would make immediate the atonement for your blasphemies!

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Such ill manner! May you encounter a devotee of the fair lady with superior skill to yours that would make immediate the atonement for your blasphemies!
This devotee is faring poorly against thy masculine mind.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You'd be surprised. I perform quite better with Dark Pit over Pit.
Strangely enough, I do as well. I think it may ironically be because of those inferior arrows of his, though.

Pit's arrows are so easy to hit, they encourage me to just shoot one in some cases where I'd be up in your face with Pittoey. Take edge guards, for instance. Pit's arrows are good for sniping people off stage, and lots of people call them an amazing gimping tool. However, even when I land one, I very rarely ever actually find myself getting a kill with them. With Dark Pit, though, you don't have the option of sniping, so you jump off stage and try to gimp with your Fair or Dair. Fair is amazing at gimping and the Pits are able to go super deep without worrying about SDing, so it's much easier to get a kill this way then with Pit's arrows.

To be honest, I don't think Pit's arrows are really all that amazing at all. Just an occasional free 3% damage and maybe an occasional lucky kill every now and then.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
You could never hope to overwhelm me with your masculinity.

...Dear lord what did I just say
Bah! Your Estro cannon will never be enough to fell the BLADE of LEGEND! Oh how I enjoy these tussles! I feel we have gained an understanding. An understanding that I must verbally mock you silly!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Strangely enough, I do as well. I think it may ironically be because of those inferior arrows of his, though.

Pit's arrows are so easy to hit, they encourage me to just shoot one in some cases where I'd be up in your face with Pittoey. Take edge guards, for instance. Pit's arrows are good for sniping people off stage, and lots of people call them an amazing gimping tool. However, even when I land one, I very rarely ever actually find myself getting a kill with them. With Dark Pit, though, you don't have the option of sniping, so you jump off stage and try to gimp with your Fair or Dair. Fair is amazing at gimping and the Pits are able to go super deep without worrying about SDing, so it's much easier to get a kill this way then with Pit's arrows.

To be honest, I don't think Pit's arrows are really all that amazing at all. Just an occasional free 3% damage and maybe an occasional lucky kill every now and then.
Pretty much this.
With Dark Pit, I don't feel as pressured to try to snipe someone off stage unless they're straight ahead of me. It's much more rewarding to physically go for the gimp with Fair or Nair. :3

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
you would think
Hahaha, no. That's probably just his crouch idle animation extending his hurtbox due to not crouching at the same time or something.

Let me reiterate:

Pit and Dark Pit use the exact same model and animations for everything aside from taunts and Final Smash.

Pretty much this.
With Dark Pit, I don't feel as pressured to try to snipe someone off stage unless they're straight ahead of me. It's much more rewarding to physically go for the gimp with Fair or Nair. :3
I'm not sure what logic you're trying to use here.

You're saying that Dark Pit is better... because his arrows are worse?

Umm.

help.

Top Bottom