• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Hope M2 gets buffed on the 14th.

Is it me or does Mewtwo's Grab have a higher Hitbox? If it does then this explains why it misses small characters a lot.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111

Is it me or does Mewtwo's Grab have a higher Hitbox? If it does then this explains why it misses small characters a lot.
Yeah I think the grab just doesnt land on small/crouching characters.

Should probably dtilt in those situations

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Yeah I think the grab just doesnt land on small/crouching characters.

Should probably dtilt in those situations
Was playing a buddy earlier today and he was consistently shield grabbing me out of the air or just grabbing me on reaction when I was Bowser.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Yes, Mewtwo's grab has an unusually high grabbox. Strangely they forgot to make it work on shorter characters....especially when they made his Disable like it is.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Personally, I prefer Pit over Dark Pit. His arrows are soooo fun to use... having it fly around the stage and hitting the opponent is really satisfying. I do prefer Dark Pit's side-b over Pit's though; I think DP's looks cooler.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm gonna elaborate further on the similarities between Mewtwo and Palutena (default), because I can.

-Jabs that can get followups into other moves on the first hit and transition into multihits.

-Dtilt is the best tilt for both (though Palutena's utilt is like a mini Mewtwo usmash).

-Usmash is the best smash for both.

-Long-lasting, multi-hitting and airdodge punishing nairs.

-Surprisingly wide uairs.

-Spiking dair kicks.

-Side B reflectors that are also unblockable attacks.

-Teleporting Up Bs.

-Kind of stretching it, but their down bs can turn matches around when they land.

Oh and they both also have the quirk where animations for their smashes play before the hitboxes come out.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm gonna elaborate further on the similarities between Mewtwo and Palutena (default), because I can.

-Jabs that can get followups into other moves on the first hit and transition into multihits.

-Dtilt is the best tilt for both (though Palutena's utilt is like a mini Mewtwo usmash).

-Spiking dair kicks.

-Teleporting Up Bs.

-Kind of stretching it, but their down bs can turn matches around when they land.

Oh and they both also have the quirk where animations for their smashes play before the hitboxes come out.
Yeah really, you don't know how many times I've been hit through my own attacks like they were non-existent. -_-

Edit: Avatar and signature change! Opinions?

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910

-Spiking dair kicks.

-Teleporting Up Bs.

They're also really OP in their own respective series. :3
Yeah really, you don't know how many times I've been hit through my own attacks like they were non-existent. -_-

Edit: Avatar and signature change! Opinions?
It looks cool but personally I like your old one more. :p

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick

-Spiking dair kicks.

-Teleporting Up Bs.

So could all that mean that like Palutena, Femtwo is also Sakurai's waifu?

D

Deleted member

So could all that mean that like Palutena, Maletwo is also Sakurai's waifu?
It seems like you sneezed while typing your comment, so I fixed it up for you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Of course! Listen to him, look-at him. No offense, but Mewtwo being classified as generless is just to appeal to both "audiences" (which actually backfired greatly because females usually prefer Mew, with males preferring Mewtwo).
Actually, technically speaking, Mewtwo was made genderless purely as a way to prevent him from breeding in the Pokémon games. I suppose that doing so was easier than adding an entire workaround into the game's code that would only be used for 4 out of 151 Pokémon.

I do, however, agree that Nintendo wanted Mewtwo to be recognized as a male character, and that making Mewtwo a woman in Genesect and the Legend Awakened was a questionable choice.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Actually, technically speaking, Mewtwo was made genderless purely as a way to prevent him from breeding in the Pokémon games. I suppose that doing so was easier than adding an entire workaround into the game's code that would only be used for 4 out of 151 Pokémon.

I do, however, agree that Nintendo wanted Mewtwo to be recognized as a male character, and that making Mewtwo a woman in Genesect and the Legend Awakened was a questionable choice.
Nintendo most definitely wanted people to recognize Mewtwo as a male. He acts and talks like one (except in the Genesect movie). Pretty sure they succeeded too... Most people I know recognize Mewtwo as a male. Even if he's "technically" genderless.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Nintendo most definitely wanted people to recognize Mewtwo as a male. He acts and talks like one (except in the Genesect movie). Pretty sure they succeeded too... Most people I know recognize Mewtwo as a male. Even if he's "technically" genderless.
Oh, definitely. Most of my friends recognize Mewtwo as male, too. Besides, save for one appearance, Mewtwo clearly self-identifies as male, since he usually chooses to speak in a masculine voice, and I believe he's recognized as male by the Pokémon anime's various characters. Plus, Mewtwo appears to be male in Smash 4, which is his most recent depiction, so he's got that going for him, as well.

D

Deleted member

Guys...Don't watch Unfriended before bed...
That movie was hilarious...ly bad! In-fact, it was so cheap and confusing that despite having watched it (in theaters) before going to bed, I had no nightmares, just laughmares. Definitely a Budget-Movie

Movies like Unfriended, Aloha (possibly), and Tomorrowland are the types of movies that are enjoyable when you throw popcorn at the screen (assuming it's an empty theater), and make fun of them once the film's over.

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
That movie was hilarious...ly bad! In-fact, it was so cheap and confusing that despite having watched it (in theaters) before going to bed, I had no nightmares, just laughmares. Definitely a Budget-Movie

Movies like Unfriended, Aloha (possibly), and Tomorrowland are the types of movies that are enjoyable when you throw popcorn at the screen (assuming it's an empty theater), and make fun of them once the film's over.
Hey! Tomorrowland was an amazing movie!!!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Haven't seen Tomorrowland but I've heard it's simply just 'Good' with very few saying anything different.
Not that interested in it anyway.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I saw Pitch Perfect 2 recently. Funny movie.

I'm so freaking excited for Jurassic World. I've waited all my life for this... literally. The last Jurassic Park was in 2001, which happens to be the year I was also born in. I've owned all three movies as a kid. Jurassic Park and dinosaurs in general was my childhood. I don't care if most people considered II and III bad, I loved all the Jurassic Park movies. Jurassic World needs to come out already.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I'm so freaking excited for Jurassic World. I've waited all my life for this... literally. The last Jurassic Park was in 2001, which happens to be the year I was also born in. I've owned all three movies as a kid. Jurassic Park and dinosaurs in general was my childhood. I don't care if most people considered II and III bad, I loved all the Jurassic Park movies. Jurassic World needs to come out already.
The films got progressively worse but I still loved Lost World even if it did inadvertently inspire Matthew Broderick's ****zilla.

Consider this me bothering you. It is only 30 mins.
Seems fine then. Especially considering I've binged Red vs Blue numerous times.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

Oh my gosh, I'm excited for Jurassic World, too! I absolutely cannot wait to see it, and I really like the idea of a hybrid dinosaur!
The films got progressively worse but I still loved Lost World even if it did inadvertently inspire Matthew Broderick's ****zilla.
I haven't seen Matthew Broderick's Godzilla, but you've got to give him credit for Ferris Bueller's Day Off. That movie was hilarious!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oh my gosh, I'm excited for Jurassic World, too! I absolutely cannot wait to see it, and I really like the idea of a hybrid dinosaur!

I haven't seen Matthew Broderick's Godzilla, but you've got to give him credit for Ferris Bueller's Day Off. That movie was hilarious!
I'm more excited for Star Lord's Velociraptor Guardians of the Park.

Everything after that has been terrible though.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Maybe it's because I was like 7 when I saw it, but I quite liked Matthew Broderick's Godzilla. It always confused me when I was little though, because I wasn't sure whether this was the same Godzilla as Toho's. I was a pretty big Godzilla fan as a child... I owned quite a bit of the movies, including Broderick's. Broderick's Godzilla might be considered as bad, but it blew my mind as a kid. Obviously it isn't as good as Toho's, but I always thought it was pretty awesome.

Godzilla 2014 was amazing. Loved every single second. I see a lot of complaints that Godzilla didn't appear much, but I seem to be one of the few who doesn't mind it at all. Probably because the T-Rex didn't appear much in the original Jurassic Park and because Godzilla doesn't appear much in the old Godzilla movies. I dunno, I wasn't really bothered that Godzilla didn't appear much. I squealed every time Godzilla did something. It was a sick movie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom