• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Eh, another good thing about Middle School is that it's where I met my true best friend. :grin: Actually, come to think of it, I really didn't have any friends before middle school. :(
Ah yes, there's that. I was kind of picked on in middle school and wasn't very popular, but the friends that I had were darn good ones. I don't get to talk to them much since they all moved away and don't go on Facebook very often, but when I see them I make sure to talk to them. Friends are great :).

High school was much better for me(I'm a senior now). Even though I'm really shy, I've been able to befriend my entire grade pretty much and there's not much conflict. People don't hate on me for being different or weird, which is nice as a "nerd".

And yes, lunch is pretty much recess. I just game and talk to my friends after eating lunch, or study for a test if I have one later on in the day.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Middle School, huh? I've always been a bit of the quiet type, but that's when I was most cut off from the rest of humanity. I never directly interacted with anyone, like, ever. I even swapped to online school for the final year.

But when I moved to High School, I decided to go back to public school to help overcome my anti-social tendencies.
My Freshman year was good, although most of my classmates were annoying.
My Sophomore year was similar.

Now I'm finishing up my Junior year, but this time, I made it into the dual-enrollment classes. I have some of the smartest classmates in the school, and I've grown to love every single one of them. The problem? My freaking math teacher. I've never had to deal with a woman so cranky, so uncompromising, so strict....and somehow she got the teacher of the year award.

One of my classmates is in the National Honors Society, Marching Band, Student Body, and has strait A's all across the board.
Last Friday she yelled at him in the middle of class. And I don't mean she raised her voice at him. She yelled at him. A teacher who has to yell at a student like that doesn't deserve to be teaching honors classes, nor does she deserve a "Teacher of the Year" award. She just deserves to be fired.

....Sorry for ranting. I just really hate her. She's just made my life so much more difficult then it needs to be.

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Ah yes, there's that. I was kind of picked on in middle school and wasn't very popular, but the friends that I had were darn good ones. I don't get to talk to them much since they all moved away and don't go on Facebook very often, but when I see them I make sure to talk to them. Friends are great :).

High school was much better for me(I'm a senior now). Even though I'm really shy, I've been able to befriend my entire grade pretty much and there's not much conflict. People don't hate on me for being different or weird, which is nice as a "nerd".

And yes, lunch is pretty much recess. I just game and talk to my friends after eating lunch, or study for a test if I have one later on in the day.
You, see. My problem with my Middle School was that since it was a conglomeration of SIX elementary schools, all the ****heads from the other 5 made friends from my elementary school ****heads and messed with all the socially awkward (me at the time).

I practically got hazed in the PE locker rooms daily (stuff you normally see in college, COLLEGE!!)

I also got suspended twice, as I said earlier. First time was because a kid made a verbal jab at me, I had a "friendly rebuttal" and he tackled me. I started punching him, the teacher "conveniently" turned around, and I got the axe.

The SECOND time (hoo, boy) was because a kid BODY CHECKED me into the wall and I punched him back. Keep in mind this ****head was messing with me all year. Earlier that January, I broke my leg skiing. He would steal my crutches, PUSH CHAIRS in front of me so I would almost trip, and generally be a turd-muffin. So when he body checked me against the wall, I thought "You know, I've had enough of this guy's ****". So I punched him. Put months of anguish into that punch. Doesn't even faze him. He retaliates by grabbing me by the shirt, holds me up, and delivers three swift blows right to the side of my head. I was seeing stars. We were pulled into the principles office by a teacher.

Now here's the kicker, the F***ING KICKER: Because I fought back against someone WHO PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED ME, I got the SAME ****ING PUNISHMENT AS HIM. A three-day suspension. FOR FIGHTING BACK.

tl;dr, Middle School sucked ass, and I'm still salty about it

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
Middle School, huh? I've always been a bit of the quiet type, but that's when I was most cut off from the rest of humanity. I never directly interacted with anyone, like, ever. I even swapped to online school for the final year.

But when I moved to High School, I decided to go back to public school to help overcome my anti-social tendencies.
My Freshman year was good, although most of my classmates were annoying.
My Sophomore year was similar.

Now I'm finishing up my Junior year, but this time, I made it into the dual-enrollment classes. I have some of the smartest classmates in the school, and I've grown to love every single one of them. The problem? My freaking math teacher. I've never had to deal with a woman so cranky, so uncompromising, so strict....and somehow she got the teacher of the year award.

One of my classmates is in the National Honors Society, Marching Band, Student Body, and has strait A's all across the board.
Last Friday she yelled at him in the middle of class. And I don't mean she raised her voice at him. She yelled at him. A teacher who has to yell at a student like that doesn't deserve to be teaching honors classes, nor does she deserve a "Teacher of the Year" award. She just deserves to be fired.

....Sorry for ranting. I just really hate her. She's just made my life so much more difficult then it needs to be.
Yeah, I know that feel bro, my math teacher is pretty horrible, at least in terms of teaching. Personality-wise he's, okay; I guess if not a little bland. Apparently he used to be a math teacher for delinquent kids. (and he still kinda is, I mean have you seen my math class? I'm pretty sure Hell looks similar to it.) All my other classes are mediocre at best, except for History/Writing cause of my awesome teacher, and Science, cause it's my favorite subject. :) But it doesn't matter, my parents only care about my grades anyways. :glare:
(I'm Asian if you could tell.)

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Yeah, I know that feel bro, my math teacher is pretty horrible, at least in terms of teaching. Personality-wise he's, okay; I guess if not a little bland. Apparently he used to be a math teacher for delinquent kids. (and he still kinda is, I mean have you seen my math class? I'm pretty sure Hell looks similar to it.) All my other classes are mediocre at best, except for History/Writing cause of my awesome teacher, and Science, cause it's my favorite subject. :) But it doesn't matter, my parents only care about my grades anyways. :glare:
One of my friends who is Japanese once said "Yeah my parents have an A-F grading scale." I said, "You mean A to F?" and he says, "No, I mean A-F. Watch." Then he writes this down:
100% to 90% = A (Good Job!)
89% to 0% = F (Dishonored Family)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This pretty much sums up Middle School for me.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I'm Asian too! Thankfully, my parents don't really care about my grades... but that's probably because my grades are above average anyway(all A's one B). They're really lenient about things and I get to stay up late. I get to go out whenever I want to and they give me money without me asking, but that's probably because I don't go out too much anyway. My parents are pretty laidback too... they openly talk and watch weird things (perverted things and such). All of my teachers are pretty chill... especially my homeroom teacher. She's awesome, nice, friendly, funny, gives little homework, easygoing, etc. One of the best teachers I've had (I tend to get really good teachers for some reasons... my 7th grade homeroom teacher was awesome too)

Also, I'm Chinese-American, and I speak Cantonese to my parents. You?

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
I'm Asian too! Thankfully, my parents don't really care about my grades... but that's probably because my grades are above average anyway(all A's one B). They're really lenient about things and I get to stay up late. I get to go out whenever I want to and they give me money without me asking, but that's probably because I don't go out too much anyway. My parents are pretty laidback too... they openly talk and watch weird things (perverted things and such). All of my teachers are pretty chill... especially my homeroom teacher. She's awesome, nice, friendly, funny, gives little homework, easygoing, etc. One of the best teachers I've had (I tend to get really good teachers for some reasons... my 7th grade homeroom teacher was awesome too)

I'm 3/4's Korean, 1/4...I dunno, German or something :ohwell: I only speak English to my parents, and vice versa. When my parents speak Korean, that means they're REALLY mad. I actually don't know more than a few phrases in Korean lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
tl;dr, Middle School sucked ***, and I'm still salty about it
I feel ya. I'm socially awkward myself.
I was never harassed too much in middle school, but I'm still furious about my elementary school life.

I was physically assaulted various times. A pair of kids tried to tackle me after school every day(though they were both too fat to ever really catch up), I was whipped by wet towels on one field trip. I remember one day where I had an apathetic substitute teacher who did nothing as students kicked me and sprayed me with their water bottles as I hid under a desk crying.

And not once did I ever fight back, not once. But I still got suspended anyway. Why?
I was being too disruptive. That's right, I ended up being blamed. My parents were absolutely furious with me; I really didn't know how to argue for myself(and if I did try, they would yell at me). We had a meeting with the principle, and I started crying. That just made my parents angrier; probably because I was embarrassed.

Uggggggh, I get angry just thinking about it. I was bullied as a kid, and I was the one who got punished and yelled at for it.
I'm still furious with my parents for not siding with me then, but I still wouldn't dare bring it up to them today.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Talking about life at school huh. Elementary I wasn't all that social with anyone and there weren't really "BAD" people but jesus my class was rowdy as f*** to the point where I'm sure some our teachers secretly hated us. First year of high school I did online classes... NEVER AGAIN! For sophomore year, I... didn't like most of my classmates there (there were only 2 of them I could talk to). So I went to a different class for junior and senior year and like my elementary class it was rowdy but also drama kept happening from time to time.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
...school sounds tough for you guys. I dunno much because all the schools I've went to were all really tame, but good luck.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace

im just a generic white dude >w< as someone who graduated from hs... lemme say. i remember middle school all too ****ing well. it wasnt the teachers so much as every guy that was my age. bullied me or acted too high and mighty to be my friend anymore. course i always had problems socializing with others.... my autism doesnt exactly help my case. i mean.... i seem *ALMOST* average. almost. but this problem is just noticable enough where it hinders my relationships. middle school was a nightmare... and for me the worst part was the busrides. im sort of a paradox: i hate loud noises, yet i have a loud voice myself. and everyone on the bus in middle school was always yelling. i got frequent headaches on that nightmare of a bus. and the fattass busdriver didnt do ANYTHING to help me and punished me when i spoke up. :/

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I've always hated going to school because of the other students. I've always had luck with teachers, but not the students. Then I had to drop out of high school two years ago because of severe panic attacks. Long story.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So, a question on the belief people have that AU will get Mewtwo before NA. If that happens, that would mean that AU will get 1.0.6 before NA does. Seeing as how online connectivity isn't region-locked, that would also mean that servers would need to be restricted on the AU side since they wouldn't be compatible with NA people. I personally find that extremely unfeasible and am wondering what the reasoning is for the people who truly think AU will get Mewtwo first and put out footage for everyone else to see. I don't see it.
Nah m8, they will just take online down until all the codes are distributed :D

lol real talk tho, I never believed we would get it before everyone else, I always though it would be cool if we did tho XD :p

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
I've always hated going to school because of the other students. I've always had luck with teachers, but not the students. Then I had to drop out of high school two years ago because of severe panic attacks. Long story.
i almost did myself. but, i managed to just barely get my general diploma.....
for anyone curious, it was at a time when me and my current girlfriend were in a massive mental and social war with each other. it was a nightmare for both of us. i was driven to near insanity... but when i couldnt take anymore we both ended our conflict and eventually fell in love. weve been together ever since :p
now you all know part of my story so far :3

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I've never had troubles going to school. I quite like the people there and our class is really friendly to each other. There's lots of different people but everybody respects each other and stuff. There's the social ones, shy ones, flirty ones, weird ones, perverted ones, annoying ones, etc. Everybody has different hobbies too... League of Legends, CoD, anime, sports, books, drawing, etc. Some are really open about their hobbies but nobody hates on them for doing so. In fact, even those who don't know anything about the hobbies tend to get curious about it. My classmates get along well with each other and there's no bullies. This goes to other classes at my school as well, based on what I heard from my friends. Everybody's friendly and I would have enjoyed school a ton but you know, nobody likes doing school work.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I've never had troubles going to school. I quite like the people there and our class is really friendly to each other. There's lots of different people but everybody respects each other and stuff. There's the social ones, shy ones, flirty ones, weird ones, perverted ones, annoying ones, etc. Everybody has different hobbies too... League of Legends, CoD, anime, sports, books, drawing, etc. Some are really open about their hobbies but nobody hates on them for doing so. In fact, even those who don't know anything about the hobbies tend to get curious about it. My classmates get along well with each other and there's no bullies. This goes to other classes at my school as well, based on what I heard from my friends. Everybody's friendly and I would have enjoyed school a ton but you know, nobody likes doing school work.
Holy crap, what I would give to have gone to your school...

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
where is this? where the hell is this place? you better not be lying!!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Everybody's friendly and I would have enjoyed school a ton but you know, nobody likes doing school work.
I'm perfectly fine with schoolwork in limited quantities.

It's when a teacher thinks you have to prove that you can solve a triangle 30 times in one sitting where it gets tedious.

godogod

Smash Ace
I'm probably 8-9 on hype. I don't want to be to hyped and constantly thinking about. I'm gonna start to lose interest, and if he is a let down, I'd be even more let down. I just want to come in with low expectations, so I don't get let down as hard. Almost considering avoiding this site on wednesday till I come back home that night and try him for myself.. heh.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
i almost did myself. but, i managed to just barely get my general diploma.....
for anyone curious, it was at a time when me and my current girlfriend were in a massive mental and social war with each other. it was a nightmare for both of us. i was driven to near insanity... but when i couldnt take anymore we both ended our conflict and eventually fell in love. weve been together ever since :p
now you all know part of my story so far :3
****in beautiful... I cri evertim ;_;

Real talk tho, I'm glad everything turned out great for the both of you :awesome:

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
I'm probably 8-9 on hype. I don't want to be to hyped and constantly thinking about. I'm gonna start to lose interest, and if he is a let down, I'd be even more let down. I just want to come in with low expectations, so I don't get let down as hard. Almost considering avoiding this site on wednesday till I come back home that night and try him for myself.. heh.
im ****ing 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 *crashes due to being unable to express this awesomeness in a number*

****in beautiful... I cri evertim ;_;

Real talk tho, I'm glad everything turned out great for the both of you :awesome:
seriously though i never wanna reach that low ever again. i broke down frequently, in public. ;.;

Last edited:

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
Anyways, moving from the skoo stuuf and answering the hype question: My hype level is currently the circumference of the Sun.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm perfectly fine with schoolwork in limited quantities.

It's when a teacher thinks you have to prove that you can solve a triangle 30 times in one sitting where it gets tedious.
That reminds me of this one time we were doing a War poem anthology in English, and our teacher said we couldn't do recitations of any of the poems we picked for the anthology because we are in the extension class (Or the "smart class" as some people put it).

Then it turns out the other two lower classes can do what we can't cause they aren't the "smart class".

Like what? Why? >_>

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
That reminds me of this one time we were doing a War poem anthology in English, and our teacher said we couldn't do recitations of any of the poems we picked for the anthology because we are in the extension class (Or the "smart class" as some people put it).

Then it turns out the other two lower classes can do what we can't cause they aren't the "smart class".

Like what? Why? >_>
Speaking of English and poems, my sophomore English teacher had a whole poem unit project thing. Funny thing is it wasn't as bad as we thought because she began with: "I freaking hate it how English makes you analyze the crap out of poems to find some stupid 'deeper meaning'. So basically you're all going to write a punch of poems of multiple styles for fun."

Although we did have to learn grammar, which sucked:glare:. At least it helped me on my ACT

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Yeah, as a 7th grader here, Middle school is pretty awful. I mean I can be pretty immature, but my school is literally either annoying idiots or dumb valley girls on their phones, drinking starbucks. And even worse than all of that:

THERE'S NO RECESS!!!!!!11!!1! :mad::mad::mad:
Aw but seriously, For example, my math teacher literally tests us only on stuff on our warmups, instead of the stuff he's teaching us. The only good thing about my school is my awesome English/History teacher. She's rad. But other than that, I just want middle school to be over so I can get past all this awkwardness. GOD!
(Although, to be fair, there aren't many bullies here, so there's that.)
Promise me one thing: be sure to tell that teacher just how much she means to you. Teachers get crap pay, and they're going to be stuck in the same place after you're long gone.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Promise me one thing: be sure to tell that teacher just how much she means to you. Teachers get crap pay, and they're going to be stuck in the same place after you're long gone.
Up until 6th grade, my brother would always make sure to give all his teachers a hug before he left.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
So over at the Ganondorf boards, we have a tier list ranking players based on tourney results and how they

Top Bottom