• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
I'm calling it right now, Mewtwo is going to have a custom with an exploding teleport that kills. Two more days and some change everyone until he comes out. I really hope all of his customs are locked. I grinded out all of the special moves in about a week and now I miss the thrill of collecting them again. Lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't understand how anyone could find grinding for the sake of grinding fun.

Spirst

I'm...not white at all, really. I'm Mexican/Puertorican/Peruvian/Japanese so my skin is pretty tanned in color.

In college now but so far, my school life has been pretty decent. Not to gloat or anything, but I've never had any issues with bullying. I wouldn't describe myself so much as the loner type as I would "that guy who doesn't really give two ****s what you have to say about him" so people generally just let me be and appreciated my bluntness and indifference to the usual social norms such as gossip (which is lol). I tend to have a self-depreciating humor but don't actually lack in self-esteem. At the moment, school takes a large toll out of day to day life (deciding between astrobiology and vertebrate paleontology) so I don't have the time or care to wonder what people think about me.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
I'm...not white at all, really. I'm Mexican/Puertorican/Peruvian/Japanese so my skin is pretty tanned in color.

In college now but so far, my school life has been pretty decent. Not to gloat or anything, but I've never had any issues with bullying. I wouldn't describe myself so much as the loner type as I would "that guy who doesn't really give two ****s what you have to say about him" so people generally just let me be and appreciated my bluntness and indifference to the usual social norms such as gossip (which is lol). I tend to have a self-depreciating humor but don't actually lack in self-esteem. At the moment, school takes a large toll out of day to day life (deciding between astrobiology and vertebrate paleontology) so I don't have the time or care to wonder what people think about me.
My best friend irl is Mexican too. I've known him since high school.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Yeah. It's only fun for the result... but the process of it sucks...
The worst part about grinding with Classic Mode is that you get a new custom. Then you die to some random item-chance bull****.
"Oh, I see you collected a new custom. Would be a shame if a Bob-omb appeared during your smash attack, then a Smash Ball gravitated towards your opponent..."

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't wait for college life. I'm sick of being stuck in classrooms all day with rowdy students and underpaid(and sometimes under-qualified) teachers who are sick of their terrible jobs.

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
The only time I've had fun grinding for anything is Customs in Smash 4 because Custom Ganon is the **** :4ganondorf:

Actually, funny thing about customs now that I mention it, I have all but 3 customs for Zelda...
I don't even play Zelda :^)
I got all the customs because I love just to mess around with everything, trying to discover the untapped potential of certain characters.
I can't wait for college life. I'm sick of being stuck in classrooms all day with rowdy students and underpaid(and sometimes under-qualified) teachers who are sick of their terrible jobs.
College isn't any better. You get stuck in a dorm with rowdy drunk kids and teachers who literally don't give two ****s about your academic future as long as you pay tuition...

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
I don't understand how anyone could find grinding for the sake of grinding fun.
It's one of those things you can only appreciate after you finished it. Until I got my last custom I hated it, I miss doing Crazy Orders and things of sort.
If anyone played any sort of MMO, Runescape in particular; you will grind you favorite skill to 99. Getting it to 99 requires time and life, you hate it the entire way. However, once you hit the cap you can't go any further. It's upsetting at times.
A job on the other hand, practically never ends with the way society is.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
College isn't any better. You get stuck in a dorm with rowdy drunk kids and teachers who literally don't give two ****s about your academic future as long as you pay tuition...
I can only wish my Math teacher didn't care about my academic future, because her ways of "helping" me are incredibly unhelpful.
They have the reverse effect, in fact. Yelling at me doesn't make me focus. It makes me stress out and then get angry.

As if she can tell if I'm focusing...just because I'm not writing doesn't mean I'm not thinking. Most of the time all just accomplishes is breaking my concentration.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My School life has been quite swell too. I was always in the middle class of popularity. People respect us so anytime anyone is getting bullied we just tell them to stop and they'll listen to us. Never had to worry about being picked on.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
My School life has been quite swell too. I was always in the middle class of popularity. People respect us so anytime anyone is getting bullied we just tell them to stop and they'll listen to us. Never had to worry about being picked on.
Same here! My school life is pretty good and nothing out of the ordinary happens.

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
im ****ing 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 *crashes due to being unable to express this awesomeness in a number*

seriously though i never wanna reach that low ever again. i broke down frequently, in public. ;.;
The more I think about him the less the excited I get. I'm gonna take it one day at time. It's really that giant big of a deal.

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
College is epic man! I'm graduating in less than a month so yeah... A few pointers to keep in mind is that you need to do your school work, good grades determine how much money you can save in the long run. Go out and have fun, there is no shame on waking up on a Saturday morning and not remembering what happened the night before. Lol. It is important to meet all types of people, some of the most epic people you're going to meet is going to be during college, being well rounded helps! It's not always what you know but who you know. Few nuggets of wisdom.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
College is epic man! I'm graduating in less than a month so yeah... A few pointers to keep in mind is that you need to do your school work, good grades determine how much money you can save in the long run. Go out and have fun, there is no shame on waking up on a Saturday morning and not remembering what happened the night before. Lol. It is important to meet all types of people, some of the most epic people you're going to meet is going to be during college, being well rounded helps! It's not always what you know but who you know. Few nuggets of wisdom.
Also Smash tournaments are usually close to college universities!

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I'm an American myself, but I'm of Celtic decent. I'm definitely white, but most certainly not to the extremes of BugCatcherWill's post above. I'm pretty generic in that I've got brown hair and blue eyes, though my eyes will look green-ish under certain lighting.

I don't bother with my hair much, so I let it grow out to neck length. It actually starts to curl at the ends when I let it grow that long.

A good portion of the population down where I live is Hispanic(or Mexican, as you'll more commonly hear here), and many of them speak Spanish as their first language. We've got a lot of Native Americans as well. I only know like, one African American person and two Asians(both of which are fellow honors students...stereotypes, much?). But there's enough white people for me not to stick out. Not that it matters much to me, though. I'm generally pretty oblivious to people's skin colors.
You and I live in the minor parts of America where there are non-white folk (I'm of mixed race just for context.) Most of America is predominantly white. So in regards to someone's comment earlier, America does not glorify brown skin.
I'm calling it right now, Mewtwo is going to have a custom with an exploding teleport that kills. Two more days and some change everyone until he comes out. I really hope all of his customs are locked. I grinded out all of the special moves in about a week and now I miss the thrill of collecting them again. Lol.
I really hope he has good customs. And an exploding teleport would be most welcome IMO. But can someone enlighten me on the validity of customs in tournaments? Are they allowed or does it vary? I'd like to know which Mewtwo I'm gonna train with..
SHOTS SHOTS SHOT-SHOTS!

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
You'll have to study more in college. So while you're not in your classroom, you'll be on campus studying for just as long.
And college has their batch of bad can't teach for crap teachers also.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
You and I live in the minor parts of America where there are non-white folk (I'm of mixed race just for context.) Most of America is predominantly white. So in regards to someone's comment earlier, America does not glorify brown skin.

I really hope he has good customs. And an exploding teleport would be most welcome IMO. But can someone enlighten me on the validity of customs in tournaments? Are they allowed or does it vary? I'd like to know which Mewtwo I'm gonna train with..

SHOTS SHOTS SHOT-SHOTS!
The community is currently divided over customs. Some allow it and some don't.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Customs give a lot more characters chances to have more options, some customs are just straight-up improvements.

That being said, customs turns this game into Super Windbox Brothers, and there's a LOT of bull**** customs that make customs pretty stupid (Example: Killager's Timber Counter, the Dong-Nado, etc.)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
The community is currently divided over customs. Some allow it and some don't.
Customs give a lot more characters chances to have more options, some customs are just straight-up improvements.

That being said, customs turns this game into Super Windbox Brothers, and there's a LOT of bull**** customs that make customs pretty stupid (Example: Killager's Timber Counter, the Dong-Nado, etc.)
Oh great... then I'll main Mewtwo and co-main custom Mewtwo lol.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

*applauds

I'm the same way. Not that you should care, to a healthy extent at least. Here in California I haven't recieved much discrimination, when I do its usually because of my tattoos and body modifications, but I know if I go to a red state I would definitely be looked down on for being not white.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh, believe me, I know all about "white privilege" and all that.

Some people may not glorify naturally brown skin, but I know some at least glorify tanned naturally-white skin for some reason. People are weird.
Well, I've got only just one more year of high school between me and college life.
You'll have to study more in college. So while you're not in your classroom, you'll be on campus studying for just as long.
And college has their batch of bad can't teach for crap teachers also.
I'm okay with ones who can't teach. I'm could pass an entire class just from reading the textbook if I need to; I've done it. I'm sick of the ones who are at your throats for stupid things, or ones who can't keep their classes under control(which I'm sure one isn't a problem in college).

And some of the teachers here have transcend from bad to terrible to how-did-this-person-ever-get-any-job-ever.
I'm a transfer student, so I got to compare this school directly to another school that's only slightly larger then this one. It had it's fair share of bad teachers, but the ones here are just...they'll hire anyone, I tell you.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You all have fun
I'm gonna sit here and be Mewtwo-less unless either my Mom decides to give me some cash or my Sister has a change of heart and actually gives me Mewtwo like she promised long ago (But she's hogging it now)

Atleast I have Monado Boy. :4shulk:

This is stupid, how my luck is turning out. :4rob:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
@college: prepare for disillusionment, stress, and disappointment.
the coursework is also waaay heavier than anything you ever did in HS.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
@college: prepare for disillusionment, stress, and disappointment.
the coursework is waay heavier than anything you ever did in HS and you quickly realize how much adult life sucks in general.
Should I mention that I was given 79 math questions to do over the weekend? Because I was.

I don't expect college to be heaven on Earth, but anything is better then the class I'm stuck with now.
I guess it's my own fault for singing up for an honors class with a teacher everyone told me was bad...I just didn't think she could possibly be this bad. Oh boy, was I ever wrong.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I mean it. Roger Craig Smith, voice of Sonic, Wonder Blue, and young Batman, is awesome.
That said, Ryan Drummond will forever be the best.

Last edited:
Top Bottom