• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
so when we went to jack in the box, there was a pulloff coupon on my drink that had a code to enter at jacksbigripoff.com for an entry into a sweepstakes. i briefly glanced over the rules before making an account and saw this:

Eligible States: AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, LA, MO, NC, NM, NV, OK, OR, SC, TN, TX, UT, WA

T_T. cant even give it to toasty to use

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
ok one more time!

OMG H4X presents:
K.O.C.M.
K.O.C.M.
K.O.C.M.
tell all your friends!

oh and boose, do you still have that wiimote that i left at kadajs tourney? i gotta figure out a way to get that back

The_Doug

Smash Ace
awww haha...good seeing you on the livestream yo :) LOL @ the Usher comment.

lolololololololol

Edit: this weekend was all kinds of ****ing AMAZING. Can't stress that enough.

Also wowww was it mad surreal having Doug/Pcat/Boose here @_@...Savedge and Doug's team name said it the best: "Why Are We In Georgia?"
had a friggin blast at your place Toast. most enjoyed staying up nearly 48 hours with the aid of sweet teams games and otherwise, heheh. Seeing that awesome house really motivates me to buy a lovely home of my own one day.

Playing against guys like M2K, Hungrybox, Dr.PeePee, and ColBol was bloody hard but fun as hell lol. Definitely always trying my best even in the friendlies and did not pull many wins against them. HungryBox least of all... in three games I took only 4 stocks from him. **** playing him reminded me of running into a brick wall and constantly bouncing off it like a tennis ball. Oh and being off the stage against him = dead.

Teaming with Savedge was tiiiiight and he definitely went beast mode several times. People find his style really difficult to play against.

But yeah the main things I learned:

1) Try very, very hard to get the top placing in your pool, always.
2) I suck against Samus. Don't underestimate her.
3) Hanging/talking with Team Richmond is a lot of fun and something we in SOVA need to try and do more often.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lolll IV

also hax im...pretty **** positive i gave you your wiimote? or maybe i gave it to toasty? because im no longer in possession of it D:

Ether

Smash Ace
3) Hanging/talking with Team Richmond is a lot of fun and something we in SOVA need to try and do more often.
Road trip to Richmond. When? This Sunday? Next Sunday?

And I'd love to talk to them. They're never in this thread. And Tope's always putting me down. And he never teams with me. Not even for friendlies. And I want to destroy his Sheik soooooo bad. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Road trip to Richmond. When? This Sunday? Next Sunday?

And I'd love to talk to them. They're never in this thread. And Tope's always putting me down. And he never teams with me. Not even for friendlies. And I want to destroy his Sheik soooooo bad. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE
We have to set up a date at some point bro! This Saturday/Sunday is fine for me though I get the feeling they may be a bit smashed out after the recent tourney in Georgia. Tope and Cyrain are definitely a tough, tough team to beat as they got reasonably close to winning at TO5. What thread does Richmond hang out in?

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
yea what thread do they chill in?

for one glad to hear you enjoyed yourself so much doug....sorry again for canceling on you at the last min. i feel bad ='(.....plus i really wanted to go....so so sorry

and ether....cheer up charlie.....could hold a smash fest to solve your problems =P

second if you end up going to richmond doug tell me i might end up driving up i got a few friends i could go see and plus smash up team richmond would always be fun.....is doll still playing or did he go back to WoW?

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
oh hey speaking of (didnt want to ruin the surprise) since the word's out that toasty will be back, should i reserve the common room sometime that week for a fest?

hoping tj already called you today with plans at busch gardens

edit: so i just found out adam savage was at dragoncon....T_T

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
WTFFFFFFFFF sorrrry booooose :( If I knew, even I would have missed teams for that! daaaamn...:(:(:(

Also: please know that I will be mostly involved with family time and will probably not have a chance to Smash...esp since I'm going home for a religious holiday, and my bro/sis will also be in town..kinda guarantees that my time will be dominated by family.

I'm only going to be able to pop in and say hey >_<

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
We have to set up a date at some point bro! This Saturday/Sunday is fine for me though I get the feeling they may be a bit smashed out after the recent tourney in Georgia. Tope and Cyrain are definitely a tough, tough team to beat as they got reasonably close to winning at TO5. What thread does Richmond hang out in?
People are coming to richmond to play smash awwsome. Oh and i tried to get in contact with tope and cyrain but to no avail. But yeah if there is a smash fest somewhere around zip code 23298. or anywhere else close to the vcu campus let me know.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
whutup again my vaba peeps, i'll be cruisin' up from the OBX soon now and will be down to play melee late thursday, the 17th, and pretty much all day monday, the 21st. lets meleeeeeeeeeeee. i know ya'll don't know me but i'm 21 and pretty much your average dude, it would be fun. I know Late in the night / monday isn't the most opportune smash time for some people though, so if no one is down it's cool...but i will be v.disappointed!! :(

rhan

Smash Hero
laugh, if teams is involved me and oro? will be down to take the money =)

HEy rhan whta have you and sman been up to?
I just got off punishment about a week ago. I've been working a hell of a lot lately and I have no time really do anything now a days....

Also most of my money is going into my car. Battery died last night at work and I have to get a new one after work today.
Eff my car.
On a good note. My car does better on gas after getting it inpected n fixed.

So what's new? I heard of H4X's tourney and I'm trying to get off for that. There's a 40% chance for that though... Even if I do work, if y'all are still around there at 6 ish I might make a surprise guest appearance.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Aww snap i actually got to play smash today at vcu. Neelo had the setup. Thanks for the heads up toasty. you were right about everything. I didn't know so many good people played smash up here.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I just got off punishment about a week ago. I've been working a hell of a lot lately and I have no time really do anything now a days....

Also most of my money is going into my car. Battery died last night at work and I have to get a new one after work today.
Eff my car.
On a good note. My car does better on gas after getting it inpected n fixed.

So what's new? I heard of H4X's tourney and I'm trying to get off for that. There's a 40% chance for that though... Even if I do work, if y'all are still around there at 6 ish I might make a surprise guest appearance.
guest appearance

Top Bottom