• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry for crashing Smashboards. I'm Zipzo. I played the release build demo of Smash 4. AMA!

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 245254

@Zipzo Did you play as Mega Man? Did any of the announcer voice clips change?
I did play Megaman and I wasn't super impressed with him. He seems like a zoning character which I am never a big fan of playing. I can see a player being really annoying with him when pushed to his limits though.

When playing C. Falcon, did he feel like Melee or Brawl ? I read that you said Sheik and others characters feels like Melee. Which other characters gave you this effect ?
Captain falcon felt rebuilt. Same general moveset but his physics were given a total make-over (a lot of characters actually, like Peach). I'd say his handling felt more like brawl but his moves had better hitboxes and his knee is re-goddamn-tarded damage at the risk of insane lag.

I noticed his up-air is not as spammy as in melee. It was kind of given the Marth treatment (fair nerf).

I noticed that nobody's asked about Yoshi yet.

• *obligatory "what are his costumes" question* (Sorry, the TVTropes forums are arguing whether his missing SNES or N64 colors would be better.)
  • How does he attack out of flutter jump? Does he DJC or keep his momentum?
  • Has Egg Roll's startup time been reduced?
  • How does his new USmash shape up?
  • Grab ability? Is it still inexplicably a weakness?
Pretty much every Yoshi color I've heard of was there.

I didn't play Yoshi!!!! >_<

Does Lucario have a Gold alt and a white alt?
Nope.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Abbidood, I spent like 4 hours testing that one mechanic xD. It was no way possible man =/. Even if Joe said something about it xD.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Okay, I'll try to make this as easy for you as possible..so please just tell me if any of the costumes you saw in Super Smash Bros. looked similar to these.

MegaMan

Rosalina

Charizard

Luun

Smash Rookie
The stage in question I don't think was even an option.
Did it not have a name or series associated with it then as well?
I've also heard that it may have been a Rhythm Heaven stage so I'm a bit confused.

edit: Whoops nevermind, I had seen some people throwing around the screenshot with that tonight like it was from this demo. I didn't realize it was from awhile ago.

Last edited:

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
The daisy look is a color swap. She does not turn in to the actual Daisy.
I think I just lost apart of my soul. WHY NOT INCLUDE THE THIRD PRINCESS TO MAKE THE TRIO COMPLETE?! WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the info though. Really excited for this game!!

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Purple Charizard exists, though I don't know about anyone else though
I see, thank you.
Kind of funny that Sakurai chose to go with his original Gold/Silver/Crystal Shiny Colour over his Modern Black Shiny Colour from Gen III and up.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
One last question. Who do you think has the best air game so far?

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Does your momentum from Dashing/Running transfer over when you jump like it did in Melee?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Apparantly alternative characters have different names, like Alph. Is this true for the purple Charizard, Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight? And does Greninja have a Zair? I heard rumors of one but no video footage
Purple Charizard?

Miko

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry to be the guy that asks the dumb question, but I honestly for the life of me can't find the answer anywhere - what currently unannounced (officially) characters were in the build you played?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'm sorry to be the guy that asks the dumb question, but I honestly for the life of me can't find the answer anywhere - what currently unannounced (officially) characters were in the build you played?
Every single announced character, besides Lucina, was playable. :)

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I think I just lost apart of my soul. WHY NOT INCLUDE THE THIRD PRINCESS TO MAKE THE TRIO COMPLETE?! WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the info though. Really excited for this game!!
I'm quite annoyed by this as well, since Princess Daisy seemed like the most obvious alt costume character possible..especially with how requested she is..but ugh..I'll at least hope it changes the dress a little like happened back in Melee rather then just being a yellow/orange version of Peach's dress.

Last edited:

Zortification

Smash Rookie
The demo only had the starting roster playable. No unannounced characters were playable.

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Does Robin's Tomes/Specials and Levin/Magic Sword have any sort of an "Ammo Counter" indicating how much uses they have left on the bottom 3DS screen?

D

Deleted member 245254

All characters in the release build were the starting roster, and all have been announced.

Does your momentum from Dashing/Running transfer over when you jump like it did in Melee?
No.

Okay, I'll try to make this as easy for you as possible..so please just tell me if any of the costumes you saw in Super Smash Bros. looked similar to these.
MegaMan

Rosalina

Charizard
The blue and yellow Megaman is in. There's a white Rosalina with red lining like in your signature, but I don't remember a full red version. There is no galaxy looking version like you have on the very right.

I don't remember for sure the other two megaman colors you posted, but megaman had a bunch of interesting colors. I remember a green and yellow one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
If thats the starting roster, I won't bother unlocking the rest, everyone I want is there. I will let the rest of the unlocks happen naturally
I think I read somewhere that Luigi will be locked and possibly some of the others. I might be wrong though.

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
I don't think I've seen many Peach related questions... I've read the whole thread, please forgive me if already asked:

1. I saw it said that Peach's Turnip pull speed was heavily nerfed. Is the nerf really huge, like is it something you could see having a big impact on Peach's gameplay?

2. What was Peach's down smash like? We all know how much it was nerfed from Melee to Brawl... was any power given back to it?

3. Has float cancelling returned?

4. There was a picture of Peach using some attack that looked like generating a rainbow above her head with her hand a while back... do you know what attack this is? I can't really place it.

5. Does Peach still not have a 2nd jump lol.

Last edited:

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
I think I read somewhere that Luigi will be locked and possibly some of the others. I might be wrong though.
That was speculation based on those characters being unlockable in the past. It does not appear to be correct.

Player-1

Smash Legend
You mentioned that Diddy only gets 1 banana and if you try to pull out another that it disappears. Does that mean if your opponent gets control of the banana or has it in their hand if you try to pull another one then will it disappear from your opponent and you will spawn a new one next to you?

If Little Mac has the pink hoodie alt costume does his intro take off the pink hoodie to reveal another pink hoodie?

RedHotRubberDucky

Smash Cadet
As they say in T.V., I'm sure there's one big question on everybody's mind, and I imagine you are the man to answer that. How is Elvis, and have you seen him lately?

Seriously though, Did you get a chance to check out C.Falcon's colors? Don't know if this was answered.

-Katsuta

Smash Cadet
Don't want to repeat myself more than once so sorry if you take offence but I'm still curious to how much if any you slide when you cancel a run with a shield. Also when you airdodge into the ground can you be hit during the landing lag? If so I think that multiple airdodges might be punishable. Different attacks out of shield? Shield drop rate? Buffering out of shield?

Thanks if you can answer!

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, to bother you once again, I'm still trying to get a better understanding of the Wolf skin file Fox. What makes it seem so certain that Wolf can not be in the game due to this skin

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
How does Olimar feel? Any big nerfs or changes beside his new moves?

Thanks for doing this btw! You're amazing :)

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@ Bobert Bobert
That pic's been shown on the Eshop and that was the playable roster at the demo from what's been seen.

It honestly makes sense to be the starting roster.

Miko

Smash Cadet
OH right! Okay, thanks for answering everybody who did ^^ and thanks to all the people who are providing info! :D

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, to bother you once again, I'm still trying to get a better understanding of the Wolf skin file Fox. What makes it seem so certain that Wolf can not be in the game due to this skin
Because he is a fox skin. He's obv not in the game. Please no straw grasping

Zeldagamer64

Smash Rookie
As they say in T.V., I'm sure there's one big question on everybody's mind, and I imagine you are the man to answer that. How is Elvis, and have you seen him lately?

Seriously though, Did you get a chance to check out C.Falcon's colors? Don't know if this was answered.
Yeah I'd like to know about Cap's color alternatives.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
The fact that it looks very much like Wolf did in Brawl. He has said this several times. :p It is not an outright deconfirmation, but it is further evidence pointing towards Wolf being cut.

Last edited:

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
@ Bobert Bobert
That pic's been shown on the Eshop and that was the playable roster at the demo from what's been seen.

It honestly makes sense to be the starting roster.
Except that all the newcomers people want are on the starting roster xD

mojack

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm new to this forum but I was at the event with Zipzo, he can vouch for me. He asked me to help out with answering some along with him as well. Best regards and nice to mettcha all.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Pretty much every Yoshi color I've heard of was there.

I didn't play Yoshi!!!! >_<
Ahkay.

Do you remember if the additional costumes were black/white (N64) or purple/orange(SNES)? That's what they were arguing about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

I don't think I've seen many Peach related questions... I've read the whole thread, please forgive me if already asked:

1. I saw it said that Peach's Turnip pull speed was heavily nerfed. Is the nerf really huge, like is it something you could see having a big impact on Peach's gameplay?

2. What was Peach's down smash like? We all know how much it was nerfed from Melee to Brawl... was any power given back to it?

3. Has float cancelling returned?

4. There was a picture of Peach using some attack that looked like generating a rainbow above her head with her hand a while back... do you know what attack this is? I can't really place it.
1. The effect it will have on her competitive game play is a bit unknown to me as I do not fully understand the meta for peach and I'm not a pro with turnips. All I can tell you is that, factually, they were really dang slow. The slowness comes after the tug, there's an animation where she cradles the turnip like she's super happy to have pulled it out.

2. They added an actual visual to it's utterly redonkulous hitbox. It's a little "air wave" circle around her. You can tell where the hit box begins. It doesn't knock back like melee, it actually sucks the opponent in and hits them multiple times before shoving them off.

3. No float canceling.

4. That's her new up air. It has an arced hitbox over her head, similar to sonics new up air.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
The blue and yellow Megaman is in. There's a white Rosalina with red lining like in your signature, but I don't remember a full red version. There is no galaxy looking version like you have on the very right.

I don't remember for sure the other two megaman colors you posted, but megaman had a bunch of interesting colors. I remember a green and yellow one.
That's cool, thanks. Glad to hear they have a Blue/Yellow colour since thats not only been used in multiple games since the very first one but also matches the colour scheme of the notorious Bad Box Art.

Yeah, I knew that the White & Red Colour was in (and as you can see, I love that colour scheme so much I made the image in my sig..as well as the red colour I shown you) I was simply wondering if the Red & White one was in since its Fire Rosalina from Super Mario 3D World.

Speaking of, that reminded me who I forgot to ask about..Does Peach have her Fire Colours from Super Mario 3D World?

Top Bottom