• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry for crashing Smashboards. I'm Zipzo. I played the release build demo of Smash 4. AMA!

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 245254

Please tell me someone made a pic of the Fierce Deity Link.

To the questions:

Did every character on that build have 8 colours like Sakurai said? (Mac 16 I know)
Did you noticed someone spamming air dodges and shield and how punishable is it?
Is Marths counter still OP ans kills at 60%?
Does Zeldas Down B help edge guarding?

ty for doing this q&a :)
If you air dodge in to the ground you get punished for it. It's not like holy cow bad but in a top tier match probably a fatal thing to do.

I know some characters I checked had 8. I want to say they all did, but as stated, it is difficult to remember all the colors, but I'm pretty sure they all had 8.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Here are some questions I have, by the way:

1. How does Bowser feel? Some changes since E3?
2. How do Shulk's Monado Arts work? Are they activated instantly?
3. What are his Neutral Air, Up Air, Dash, Grabs and F Tilt?

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
I am at least pretty sure the pink stage is Magicant from EarthBound. The dark space looks like a not-unlocked stage.
It looks like it, but I want to be sure of the name. I don't really want/expect a Mother stage on 3DS... Also, yeah, I know it's a dark space, but I was talking about the stage that looks like F-Zero...

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Thank you guys for answering these questions. One thing I was wondering with Palutena with all the custum moves she showed off in her inital trailer...

Can you tell us what is her default move set?

What I mean the B moves she has for default. I know you said here Up-B was warp any other you can describe.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
If you air dodge in to the ground you get punished for it. It's not like holy cow bad but in a top tier match probably a fatal thing to do.

I know some characters I checked had 8. I want to say they all did, but as stated, it is difficult to remember all the colors, but I'm pretty sure they all had 8.
If possible can you tell us if Ike has new colour pallets ?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So Peach's Vegetable special got heavily nerfed? I guess that it was done to reference how Peach pulls out vegetables at a slower speed than the other characters in Super Mario Bros. 2.

D

Deleted member

What I mean the B moves she has for default. I know you said here Up-B was warp any other you can describe.
This was actually confirmed in Famitsu or something a while ago;
:GCB: = Autoreticle
:GCB::GCR: = Reflect Barrier
:GCB::GCU: = Warp
:GCB::GCD: = Counter (ugh)

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
Greninja does have a black alt, but its underbelly is still yellow-ish, and the tongue isn't as red. Not a proper shiny palette, basically.
probably as close we will get to it though, I'm satisfied, Greninja was my first perfect 6IV Shiny :D

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Thank you guys for answering these questions. One thing I was wondering with Palutena with all the custum moves she showed off in her inital trailer...

Can you tell us what is her default move set?

Her default moveset is Auto Reticle (B), Reflect (Side B), Counter (Down B) and Warp (Up B).
This was already confirmed by Famitsu.

JediLink

Smash Ace
Hell yeah I did!

I was playing Robin and somebody trumped me from the ledge, and I had magic sword active, I immediate went in to a air-fsmash and nailed the kill.
So basically, there's still an advantage to the person who grabs the edge first? That's good.

ApolloJustice

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trips97
3DS FC
4399-1028-9689
Switch FC
SW 3765 5242 2129
Once more, how many Final Smashes did you guys get to try and (if, any) which veteran's FSs are different?

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
i know that but i cant hear it at all so idk if he actually says that or not
He definitely does. I have it on max volume with headphones, and "I'm really feeling it!" is as clear as day.

D

Deleted member 245254

Dunno if this was answered but like Levin Sword, does Robin's tomes in special moves also run out if used many times?
I do remember that being mentioned when he was revealed but I honestly don't remember losing the tome while using Robin. I definitely would lose the Magic Lightning Sword and it would come back after a bit but I don't remember losing my tome special attacks (b moves).

I knew there was some stuff about the color of the tome and what not, it's unfortunate that I couldn't attempt to fully explore those mechanics, but I never remember being "out of gas" with his magic b moves. I can't imagine what his b-moves would be replaced with anyhow when you think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I do remember that being mentioned when he was revealed but I honestly don't remember losing the tome while using Robin. I definitely would lose the Magic Lightning Sword and it would come back after a bit but I don't remember losing my tome special attacks (b moves).

I knew there was some stuff about the color of the tome and what not, it's unfortunate that I couldn't attempt to fully explore those mechanics, but I never remember being "out of gas" with his magic b moves. I can't imagine what his b-moves would be replaced with anyhow when you think about it.
Strange... What was the deal with Robin throwing away his tomes automatically? I thought that'd correlate on this mechanic being present...

KirbyCheatFurbyMeat

Smash Cadet

Are any taunts changed?

Does Captain Falcon have new voice clips?

ctr

Smash Rookie
Hey man, thanks for doing this.
I've seen you mention that Sonic has been pretty changed up. How's his Neutral B? Is there a faster start up time? And how long does it take to recover from his Down aerial?

Zeldagamer64

Smash Rookie
Questions about Falcon

How powerful was the knee? How fast was the Falcon Punch? How was the Raptor Boost side B changed? How was his Dair?

Solarman

Smash Cadet
In your opinion what was the hardest character to use effectively and who was the easiest to pick up and play? Also did megaman still have a lot of start up lag on his f smash?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Strange... What was the deal with Robin throwing away his tomes automatically? I thought that'd correlate on this mechanic being present...
His tomes do run out. This was confirmed in another AMA on Reddit. However, they have plenty of uses (changes depending on tome) and recharge quickly. :)

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It'd be neat if someone could go through these answered questions and information and compile everything into one contained post. It can help in case people keep answering the same questions.

Great work.

D

Deleted member 245254

Hey man, thanks for doing this.
I've seen you mention that Sonic has been pretty changed up. How's his Neutral B? Is there a faster start up time? And how long does it take to recover from his Down aerial?
His homing attack is now reminiscent of Project M speed. His side B is amazing, it snaps to the ground and it ends with a kick (also like Project m..lol). The kick is a little different from the project M one though. His down aerial didn't seem too different from Brawl but his bair kick definitely had some extra landing lag. If you down air from high enough you get no landing lag though.
Questions about Falcon

How powerful was the knee? How fast was the Falcon Punch? How was the Raptor Boost side B changed? How was his Dair?
His knee hurts like a ***** but the landing lag is GINORMOUS. The fire uppercut seemed like a combo starter. It didn't have much knock back but kept the enemy close while letting you close in on them and get a few hits of damage.

-Katsuta

Smash Cadet
I've got a question regarding shields being used as the " new wavedash ". When you said you could attack out of shields with a variety of different moves which sort of moves were you referencing? Also do the shields completely cancel all momentum or do you slide a bit when you activate it? Is shield drop really fast?

Basically all I'm asking is to explain more about the mechanics of movement including shields, air-dodging and fast falling.

Thanks!

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
how does the wii fit trainer play like
and what colors does she have

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
Was Zelda different from the E3 version ? (if you don't remember, then did Zelda look viable ?)

Top Bottom