• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I like the Sax business in the middle, but I'm not too fond of the singing. She's not bad, I just don't feel it fits quite like it..uh..ought to, I think? I'm no American Idol judge. : /
Despite saying that, I'm going to turn around and give something very similar in return...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmnwzOgrHC0
Yeah, I know what you mean. I think it's a bit flat. But I still like it.

Also, I can't help but laugh at this version you just posted.I don't, it's just so silly XD

:135:

Roxa814

Smash Rookie
Um.......you might want to take a look at the stickies one more time....
I'm not sure what that is. Honestly a friend just recommended coming here to join a group that can help with my smash skills especially in For Glory. I just signed up yesterday and I have no idea what to do.

Redbane

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure what that is. Honestly, a friend just recommended coming here to join a group that can help with my smash skills, especially in For Glory. I just signed up yesterday and I have no idea what to do.
Groups don't go by characters but, are more of a collection of smashers. If you want to join one of those you might have to ask for an invite or take a test. If you're looking to better your sonic this is a thread or board where you can get a ton of info on sonic. I was in the same boat as you. No joke took me a half of a month to find where Character boards are.
P.S. you're going to become more of a competitive smasher than a for glory smasher if you keep this up.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I'm not sure what that is. Honestly a friend just recommended coming here to join a group that can help with my smash skills especially in For Glory. I just signed up yesterday and I have no idea what to do.
Well, a sticky thread is the first thread you see in a forum, made by a moderator (basically you're in one right now). This is only done so if the thread is significant enough to be its own thing (or if it's made by a mod or a significant member of the character boards). Sticky threads often involve rules of the character boards, matchup spreads (aka information about a character's matchupa), social threads (again, where you are right now), player finders, q&a threads etc. If a thread isn't a sticky, then it's often just based around either standard conversations about the character or techs to advance the character's meta. However, before posting an AT thread, MAKE SURE IT HASN'T BEEN DISCOVERED YET/ISN'T IN THE TUTORIAL THREAD. I'm not yelling, I'm just emphasising, as I'm talking from experience here.

Now, "what the **** is a mod" you might ask. Well, a mod (short for moderator) is pretty much the guy who runs things around here. In this case, the mod would be Camalange Camalange . These are also the people that you look to if you have any questions. Some are either laid back and chill like the mod of the Pit boards, while others are more strict and "by the rules" like at the Link boards. Cam is a mod that happens to be a part of the former; he'll answer any questions you may have (and he's in general a really nice guy). Yes, there are other significant members who aren't moderators like @Rucent, but since he's not a mod, he doesn't get the capabilities/responsibilities that a mod can get (though he's also a cool guy). Despite this, it wouldn't hurt to pitch in and help prevent the boards from suspicious behaviors every once in a while (but don't go nuts by constantly reporting others or being a snitch; stay way past cool and use common sense).

Hope this helps; have fun on the Sonic boards =)

-NecromanceRr

Roxa814

Smash Rookie
Thanks a lot. I'll keep that in mind!

So this is a board where I can ask for competitive matches?

Last edited by a moderator:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Patch came out of absolutely nowhere

-Shiek nerfs
-Corrin nerfs
-Cloud nerfs
-ZSS nerfs
-Mewtwo weight buff
-Zelda buffs
-Samus buffs

Now all we need is Sonic buffs to properly balance out this list wouldn't you say? :teemo:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I saw ESAM's video on the patch. At first glance I thought, "This is a troll video," but apparently it's a real thing and now I'm just like woooooooooooow.

Best of luck to the patch analysts. This one came straight outta nowhere.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Patch came out of absolutely nowhere

-Shiek nerfs
-Corrin nerfs
-Cloud nerfs
-ZSS nerfs
-Mewtwo weight buff
-Zelda buffs
-Samus buffs

Now all we need is Sonic buffs to properly balance out this list wouldn't you say? :teemo:
All of these are just amazing.

Though personally think that Corrin's mobility nerf was a big much. The guy only really need his Counter (and that werid grab glitch) changed and I'd be fine. That mobility is going to sting.

#BringBackBthrow

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
My Wii U is at a friend's house for the week so he can train his Cloud, so I totally missed this update. Its funny though, because we we're literally just talking about how Cloud and a few other characters might need a soft nerf.

Now I can't wait to get my system back and test out the changes!
A bit surprised that I haven't seen any changes for the "witch who's name I can never spell right" though. Apparently she's not as OP as previously thought?
Also, I'm totally jumping on this bandwagon ↓
---- #BringBackBthrow -----

EDIT:
Did...did Greninja get several buffs?
Huh.
Better nerf Greninja.

Last edited:

AJDOH

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3866-8495-8989
A bit surprised that I haven't seen any changes for the "witch who's name I can never spell right" though. Apparently she's not as OP as previously thought?
Also, I'm totally jumping on this bandwagon ↓
---- #BringBackBthrow -----
Yeah, bayo was pretty much untouched... only minor nerfs that hurt in situational ways.
So, now she's arguably the second best character in the game.

I'm actually afraid that if she doesnt get some hard nerfs, smash 4 is going to die alot quicker competitively. After all, the difference between hating sheik and hating bayo is that good sheiks are really annoying, decent bayos kill you at 0 :sadsheep:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Dark pit got a side b nerf
Sonic is building up a resistance to his kryptonites lol

>did more testing, I think the differences in %s were due to differences in stages between versions (1.1.4 Wii U/ 1.1.5 3DS) so, looks like Sonic is still pretty susceptible to side b.
>> I flubbed and double posted, feel free to do what you will with this one :sadsheep:
Why on earth would they nerf something they just buffed?

#bringbackthebthrow

The Merc The Merc is getting it
I actually kind of want old Usmash back too.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
#UndoNerfs

Anyways, i find sheik a lot more annoying than bayo personally and feel she warranted a nerf more than bayo, tho WT was a bit jank. Bayo's side b is easy to punish, and good di and SDI can make her combos less reliable. Plus bayo's neutral all things considered isnt very great

Redbane

Smash Cadet
I don't think they really needed to nerf anyone. I didn't really find anything that was bad with any of the characters even Bayo

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I don't think they really needed to nerf anyone. I didn't really find anything that was bad with any of the characters even Bayo
Seriously?

Before patch 1.1.4, Sheik's fair out ranged Marth's Sword.

With Bayo's WT, If Bayo lands WT (which all things consider is pretty easy), she gets a free kill, if she miss times it, she still has that Bat thing and then the move ends quick enough for her not to get punished.

How is that fair?

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Ok, so I got random news of a patch and its true so wow. I'm kinda shocked about that and I thought the final patch came with Bayonetta and Kamui. Wow but it looks like nothing was done to Sonic so we're still safe and stuff. I heard some nerfs to Sheik was given so ha. Bayonetta best character now? Only time will tell I guess.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Nah Bayo go pretty nerfed as well. If anything people will still try to use sheik to what they can and still win tourneys, but only time will tell.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Shiek's probably fine. When Diddy got nerfed a while back it did decrease play slightly, but he is still a force to be reckoned with.
If anything - and this IS what a good debuff to a good character should do - the debuffs will just make shiek a slightly less played character, with other characters becoming slightly more viable and appearing more at tournaments.

Personally, I'm excited for this patch. It nailed 90% of the things I personally wanted to see nerfed/buffed without touching Sonic. I mean, I'm still trying to figure out if my secondary should be Mewtwo or Kirby and they BOTH get buffs? YES.
Uh...Except RosaLuma. I..I feel something there MIGHT need a debuff or something.
Oh well. Everything else is great!:)

Last edited:

Redbane

Smash Cadet
Seriously?

Before patch 1.1.4, Sheik's fair out ranged Marth's Sword.

With Bayo's WT, If Bayo lands WT (which all things consider is pretty easy), she gets a free kill, if she miss times it, she still has that Bat thing and then the move ends quick enough for her not to get punished.

How is that fair?

An answer to both those. Sheik's fairs can't kill (At a reasonable percent) and if you DI and shield correctly You shouldn't be hit by many of them. The trick to Bayo's WT is to try to force it, then you can get a free punish mainly with a grab since she can't morph into a bat when she is grabbed (I'm not entirely sure on this correct me if I am wrong). These also lie with how observant the player is and how much he knows about the MU.

An answer to both those. Sheik's fairs can't kill (At a reasonable percent) and if you DI and shield correctly You shouldn't be hit by many of them. The trick to Bayo's WT is to try to force it, then you can get a free punish mainly with a grab since she can't morph into a bat when she is grabbed (I'm not entirely sure on this correct me if I am wrong). These also lie with how observant the player is and how much he knows about the MU.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Honestly, I would not have nearly as much of a problem with counters and the witch's counter-like moves in this game if they just didn't have those frames that completely ignore grabs. I have called counters so hard so many times only to have my grab ignored and the resulting endlag giving my opponent a free getaway.
If we take into account the massive pay off that a counter gives, this is a bit silly.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Bayonetta's nerf was a result of her losing to Dante in death battle. To be fair that's what she deserves for taking Wolf's spot in the ballot that I refuse to believe she won. Rot in wherever that portal took you, umbra b****.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Its because her counter is one of the only ones to also be an actual dodge, simulating how it is in Bayonetta. Arguably shulks is too but bayonetta is in the motion of dodging when she goes through with it.

Not excusing this, but thats the only reason i can think of

Edit: jesus someones salty. Thats a first from me, seeing a sonic main displeased with another sega rep :vvvvvv

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Edit: jesus someones salty. Thats a first from me, seeing a sonic main displeased with another sega rep :vvvvvv
I'm actually not salty at all; I still like bayo and I even have a theory why wolf disn't make it in. I just wanted to make that joke since no one else did it before me.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

That wasn't my point. I know there are ways to get around the characters, it's just how are this small traits for the two them make them that much more unfair. Still, like you said, they aren't to hard to deal with if you do know what you are doing.

Shiek's probably fine. When Diddy got nerfed a while back it did decrease play slightly, but he is still a force to be reckoned with.
If anything - and this IS what a good debuff to a good character should do - the debuffs will just make shiek a slightly less played character, with other characters becoming slightly more viable and appearing more at tournaments.

Personally, I'm excited for this patch. It nailed 90% of the things I personally wanted to see nerfed/buffed without touching Sonic. I mean, I'm still trying to figure out if my secondary should be Mewtwo or Kirby and they BOTH get buffs? YES.
Uh...Except RosaLuma. I..I feel something there MIGHT need a debuff or something.
Oh well. Everything else is great!:)
This is exactly why I like this patch. It nerfs the characters that need a nerf, but doesn't absolutely run them into the ground. Seriously, I don't mind if the tier list stays how it is. Honestly don't. Just make it so that Low tiers have a bit of an easier time dealing with top tiers.

Redbane

Smash Cadet
That wasn't my point. I know there are ways to get around the characters, it's just how are this small traits for the two them make them that much more unfair. Still, like you said, they aren't to hard to deal with if you do know what you are doing.

This is exactly why I like this patch. It nerfs the characters that need a nerf, but doesn't absolutely run them into the ground. Seriously, I don't mind if the tier list stays how it is. Honestly don't. Just make it so that Low tiers have a bit of an easier time dealing with top tiers.

Were on the same page Now lol. I get what you're saying and I can't argue that Bayo's WT and Sheik's fair don't help them or give them an advantage over so-called "weaker" characters. Plus still a little salty, Sheik is my secondary

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Were on the same page Now lol. I get what you're saying and I can't argue that Bayo's WT and Sheik's fair don't help them or give them an advantage over so-called "weaker" characters. Plus still a little salty, Sheik is my secondary
Oh you main Sheik? Well then I have to say...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well, a sticky thread is the first thread you see in a forum, made by a moderator (basically you're in one right now). This is only done so if the thread is significant enough to be its own thing (or if it's made by a mod or a significant member of the character boards). Sticky threads often involve rules of the character boards, matchup spreads (aka information about a character's matchupa), social threads (again, where you are right now), player finders, q&a threads etc. If a thread isn't a sticky, then it's often just based around either standard conversations about the character or techs to advance the character's meta. However, before posting an AT thread, MAKE SURE IT HASN'T BEEN DISCOVERED YET/ISN'T IN THE TUTORIAL THREAD. I'm not yelling, I'm just emphasising, as I'm talking from experience here.

Now, "what the **** is a mod" you might ask. Well, a mod (short for moderator) is pretty much the guy who runs things around here. In this case, the mod would be Camalange Camalange . These are also the people that you look to if you have any questions. Some are either laid back and chill like the mod of the Pit boards, while others are more strict and "by the rules" like at the Link boards. Cam is a mod that happens to be a part of the former; he'll answer any questions you may have (and he's in general a really nice guy). Yes, there are other significant members who aren't moderators like @Rucent, but since he's not a mod, he doesn't get the capabilities/responsibilities that a mod can get (though he's also a cool guy). Despite this, it wouldn't hurt to pitch in and help prevent the boards from suspicious behaviors every once in a while (but don't go nuts by constantly reporting others or being a snitch; stay way past cool and use common sense).

Hope this helps; have fun on the Sonic boards =)

-NecromanceRr
Thanks for the write-up! And the reassurance that I'm not hated.

:starman:
Thanks a lot. I'll keep that in mind!

So this is a board where I can ask for competitive matches?
We have another stickied thread that's more specific for match-making.

Generally, the forum is a place for research, collaborating, etc. Meant to improve you overall as a player instead of directionless grinding.

Also, I spared you of a warning for your double posts since you're very new and I'm generally more lax in the social thread, but please use the "Edit" feature to update your posts and refrain from double posting.
Oh you main Sheik? Well then I have to say...

Image macros, eh?

Development.png

I made one too~

:093:

Top Bottom