• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
*Watches Captain America Civil War trailer*

*my reaction when Spiderman is revealed with facial expression*

:135:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
This Thread is nowhere near as serious as Sheik Boards lol
It's because all the sheekies is either throw needles or play with their bouncing fish (I am so sorry). We on the other hand like to go fast and have people see us rolling as they hatin' trying to catch us ridin' dirty.

Redbane

Smash Cadet
It's because all the sheekies is either throw needles or play with their bouncing fish (I am so sorry). We on the other hand like to go fast and have people see us rolling as they hatin' trying to catch us ridin' dirty.
LOL I this is what I'm talking about and why this is my favorite thread

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Just checked out the Link thread out of curiosity myself.
Yeah, dat sticky tho...oof.

To be fair though, some characters are going to receive more hate than others based on how they tend to be played.
However, Sonic IS one of those characters.

And our threads are not only well organized but very amusing to boot.

So apparently the Sonic mains on smashboards are some of the coolest people here.
Yeah! Lets keep that going!
And don't worry about the cancer too much. Its not life threatening.
I think.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Just checked out the Link thread out of curiosity myself.
Yeah, dat sticky tho...oof.

To be fair though, some characters are going to receive more hate than others based on how they tend to be played.
However, Sonic IS one of those characters.

And our threads are not only well organized but very amusing to boot.
I visited the Link boards once and immediately turned back around after reading the stickied posts.
See what I mean?

So apparently the Sonic mains on smashboards are some of the coolest people here.
Yeah! Lets keep that going!
And don't worry about the cancer too much. Its not life threatening.
I think.
Yeah, well I'm not too worry about the cancer. I've got a wicked cool healing factor, so I'm all sweet.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I don't even know why the link boards are the way they are. It's a game about a bunch of nintendo characters fighting pink puffballs, plumbers, penguins, and an interdimensional figure. I'd understand this a lot better if the sheik boards were like this.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I don't even know why the link boards are the way they are. It's a game about a bunch of nintendo characters fighting pink puffballs, plumbers, penguins, and an interdimensional figure. I'd understand this a lot better if the sheik boards were like this.
It's because they're all about organisation. They general try to put a stop to any "spamming" or useless posting (sometimes which can just be posting a reaction image) so that the thread doesn't fall into chaos.

Basically, they're very strict.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I think their actions are mostly due of the backlash they are used to getting from the community because of how common players play Link and other characters.

If you are serious about something and people shoot you down because of how other people act, it can be a pain to deal with.

And I totally understand that. I just don't know if acting super strict is the best idea, especially when new people want to join in and get involved with the community.
I lurked on these threads for quite a while before I decided that I was comfortable enough with the atmosphere here to get an account and be an active poster.
So far everyone has been quite nice to me here, even when I slip up. So between the moderator and all the other peeps on the Sonic boards, this has been a very pleasant learning experience for a competitive game.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I love the Link boards.

They have a very rich history.
This Thread is nowhere near as serious as Sheik Boards lol
That's because everyone that actually sticks with Sonic or contributes to his metagame does it out of a love for the character.

:093:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I once walked in on the Zelda Social boards once. Apparently they had a weekly/daily yuri art showcase among things. I'll be honest, that was one of the last things I was expecting to see there...

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I love the Link boards.

They have a very rich history.
Oh they certainly do.

*thinks about stories of war between Link and Toon Link boards*

But seriously, I like the Link boards too, just they can get really strict. Oh, and they're major Trolls.

Last edited:

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
So I actually purchased Sonic Lost World (based Steam) and i'm loving it so far. I don't know how to keep Spin dashing continously and i'm still learning the Parkour mechanic, but so far it's a really good game. Good plattaforming and level desing (just finished windy hill, and it was a blast, really loved the cave one, so much exploration and no ranking system, so I don't have to worry about time). I can understand why it gets hate, but quite honestly it reminds me a lot of the classic Sonic days, tons of secrets, exploration and cool power-ups.

I also bought Sonic and Sega All start Racing transformed... MAN; WHAT A GAME. Gorgeus graphics, pretty good items, nice controls and a good learning cuve (I have played the original one, so I do have experience).

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Oh they certainly do.

*thinks about stories of war between Link and Toon Link boards*

But seriously, I like the Link boards too, just they can get really strict. Oh, and they're major Trolls.

Out of curiosity, I checked out the recent stuff in the Link boards and found some people responding to you preferring Tink; WOW those were some blunt replies. I normally don't like forming Board Biases, but I do agree that Sonic (ironically) is rather accepting of stuff in comparison.

I can say that I main Duck Hunt, Sonic Colors was my least favorite main series Sonic game (prefer 3D to 2D, the game was still good, but I feel it pales to what else Sonic has to offer), my 3rd favorite Sonic game is Sonic '06 unironically, and it's called "Hyper Shadow", and I probably won't be patronized for my honest opinions, right?

...right?
:4lemmy:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Out of curiosity, I checked out the recent stuff in the Link boards and found some people responding to you preferring Tink; WOW those were some blunt replies. I normally don't like forming Board Biases, but I do agree that Sonic (ironically) is rather accepting of stuff in comparison.
Well, I didn't directly say I preferred Toon Link. Jus that I like his Speed more. Other than that, I like Link more overall.

I can say that I main Duck Hunt, Sonic Colors was my least favorite main series Sonic game (prefer 3D to 2D, the game was still good, but I feel it pales to what else Sonic has to offer), my 3rd favorite Sonic game is Sonic '06 unironically, and it's called "Hyper Shadow", and I probably won't be patronized for my honest opinions, right?

...right?
:4lemmy:
Yeah. I don't mind Sonic Colours but yeah it's not my top Sonic game. Though I can really tell which is my fav until I play Generations and Adventure 2.

No, of course not.....
*gets popcorn ready*

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Colors is my favorite Sonic game. Adventure 2 I really do enjoy, but it is kinda outdated. Still not as overrated as Sonic 2 though (though I do really enjoy that game).

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Sonic Adventure 2 is my favorite(mostly because of City Escape, but some of those cutscenes really captured Sonic's attitude),
Sonic Colors is my second favorite (Terminal Velocity act 2 always gets me hyped up),
S3&K (There's just so much great content),
and then Sonic Rush and Sonic Advance 2 because of their fun and simple nature.
That's my top five.

Maybe I should make a youtube video about this.
HahahahahahaNO.

AJDOH

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3866-8495-8989
Man, reading through this reminds me of how much I love the Sonic boards.
I'd come more often, it's so annoying when you have a laptop so bad, that it lags on smashboards.
tbh, a smashboards app on phone would make my day.
Also, does anyone else think that shield dropping is potentially really good with Sonic?

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
I'd say Adventure 2 is my favorite due to nostalgia alone (it was my first Sonic game, and I loved it to death as a kid). When I take off the nostalgia goggles, I personally think Generations is the most well made Sonic game.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I wish the Kirby boards were this way past cool :<

Also I have a curiousity to meet the one out of a million person who'll try to "pick up a pocket Sonic", if that person even exists in our uni/multi/giga/omniverse. I love how polarized it is, to be honest, because everyone outside of Sonic hates him, so that leaves everyone inside to really like him, which gives an awesome community such as this. Strange that all the hate spawns a loving community, isn't it?

And my favorite games have to be...

-Adventure 2 (Battle), namely because it was my first console game, ever. Hardcore nostalgia bias. I've emulated and gone back to play it, and it's pretty corny and outdated, but I can forgive literally everything wrong with it for the sake of the story and the time it was made.

-Advance Series - Advance 1 was my first portable game ever, but I liked advance 2 the most out of the series, thanks to the boost introduction and all. Advance 3 was still pretty good though.

-Rush Series - Liked this one just as much as the advance one; boosting around at the speed of sound felt amazing on the DS.

-Lost World (3DS) - Part of this game awakened the speedrunner in me to go back and replay levels to beat them faster. But, I will never. Ever. Forgive the special stages. I was doing literal spindashes and backflips in my room at night and I think I homing attacked my television by accident.

-Colors - WHY WERE YOU SO SHORT OH MY GOD

-Generations - This gave me more than enough Sonic to last me the rest of the console generation. Okay not really; there's never enough fast to be had.

-S3&K - I actually got the CD version a long time ago, when I first played it (you know, the one with the alternate music), and finally played the true originals through the collection games.

Not really a favorite, but Honorable Mention: Sonic '06 (cue horror music): At the time it came out, I was, what, like 9 or something? I came for Sonic and I stayed for the glitches lol. That doesn't mean I forgive rushing what would've been an actually decent game (minus the interspecies love triangle). I played the story all the way through, and it gave me memories (at parts where it actually worked), as well as a crap ton of glitches to mindlessly exploit, until that novelty wore off and the game became pretty trash to me. Luckily we beat the game before then!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I have trouble deciding what my favorite 3D Sonic game is.

My unpopular opinion has Sonic Lost World pretty high on the list, though.

Popular opinion includes Adventure 2 Battle and Generations.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I'm so proud of these guys having freedom of speech without some annoying fanboy saying "NUUU, DAT GAYM IS **** DEES GAYM IS BETTR" or something like that. Knowing the fanbase, that would probably the first thing that they do.

UrbanPwner

Smash Rookie
NNID
corbin1xo
3DS FC
3583-0473-0211
My fav 3d sonic is generations, i seriously cant get enough of the game and its PC mods. i like the 3DS version as well.
My fav 2d sonic is S3&K and S4ep2 to just playthrough but for goin fast i love the Rush and Advance series.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Handheld Sonic games are so amazing that it makes it hard to pick a favorite "modern 2D" Sonic game.

I'd probably give it to Sonic Rush.

S3&K is obviously, as I've stated multiple times before, the best Sonic game of all-time.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I have trouble deciding what my favorite 3D Sonic game is.

My unpopular opinion has Sonic Lost World pretty high on the list, though.

Popular opinion includes Adventure 2 Battle and Generations.

Regarding Sonic Lost World, I view it as "Sonic Xtreme: As Told by Graff and Pontac". The story honestly wasn't all that good, but it was Miles better than Colors (even if Miles Prower became a huge jerk with little logical motivation). I would have given the story a pass...if it weren't for the ending. Gah:

There was great build up for everything for all characters involved. Amy and the red guy dying on Mobius, Tails being kidnapped and Roboticized, Eggman making a sacrifice, and Sonic realizing it's his fault via the fatal flaw of hastiness. When they get to the machine, the Deadly 6 go "poof", Eggman stops the machine and becomes the final boss, Sonic says Fails was right all along, Eggman says he'll get more Zeti, then plummeting to Mobius, then...GAH.

Eggman clearly hates the Zeti's guts. Why would he make his next plan off of them? Why can't Eggman reverse his own machine? Why does he disproportionate retribution?

Here's a couple small things I think would have worked more:

1. Eggman turning off and REVERSING the machine to restore Mobius - he'll want to rule some semblance of planet, so he restores it to thwart the Zeti, leading to Sonic and Tails thinking he learned something. This leads to...

2. Eggman turning the machine around to suck the life out of the Lost Hex - Eggman threatened to destroy the Zeti's home and everything they ever loved. He never followed up or acknowledged that, but here he does and it once again brings up how he's a complicated guy. So Sonic stops him.

3. Cutting out the trusting Tails line, with the fox destroying the machine - that SINGLE LINE from Tails completely nullified any semblance of morals. Also since Eggman restored Mobius, Tails now does something else "Eggman couldn't do." Eggman says earlier that destroying the machine would essentially destroy literally everything on the Lost Hex, so Tails programs it to crash itself without becoming a nuke. Finally..,

4. Replace getting more Zeti with getting a better plan that won't need those Zeti - that's the other line that killed all motivation by Eggman. A simple line of smugness would have been in character and greatly improved the final product.

I really liked the gameplay tho. It looked a lot like the Sonic Xtreme prototype, which made me happy and had more 3D than Colors. I also liked more of the exploration in it.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I found this thing. Thought you would all like.
It's smooth
*video*

Something to relax to

I might use that in an outro for my videos. One thing I like about covers like that is that you don't really recognize it until the lyrics kick in, and once the realization hits you it kind of enriches the experience.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I might use that in an outro for my videos. One thing I like about covers like that is that you don't really recognize it until the lyrics kick in, and once the realization hits you it kind of enriches the experience.
Glad you like it and to have been of service :)

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I found this thing. Thought you would all like.
It's smooth
Something to relax to

I like the Sax business in the middle, but I'm not too fond of the singing. She's not bad, I just don't feel it fits quite like it..uh..ought to, I think? I'm no American Idol judge. : /
Despite saying that, I'm going to turn around and give something very similar in return...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmnwzOgrHC0

Top Bottom