• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic: Nuff said

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
Weird... Am I the only the one who didn't have an orgasm from the 3 updates?

I heard the internet was supposed to crash... I'm still waiting.

NukeA6

Smash Master
This forum is gonna erupt very soon so I best post now.

I'm glad Sonic is in and I like both trailers but the release date being TBD? I don't like that. And I was hoping I'd play Brawl before 2008. I just hope it doesn't get delayed for more than one month.

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to having Sonic in Brawl, I'm still a bit iffy on his inclusion. But from the little video that was posted, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would be, though the video is only to sell Sonic as a character, it's alright.

I think I dislike the Sonic fans more than the character himself though.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
It looks like he has Jigglypuff's B move. I think that the fast falling kick is his down B. The only down side to this update is that now it looks like the game's being delayed for some reason. You'd think they'd do everything they could to get it out in time for Christmas, but I guess they figure Wiis are going to continue selling out anyway.

I don't think it'll come out any later then January, hopefully before then.

Now I guess the only character that could possibly top this one would be the highly anticipated Cooking Mama.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I knew Sonic would be in, but I didn't expect the announcement so soon.

Oh well. I've never really liked Sonic, but for some reason I'm okay with his inclusion.

SiD

Smash Master
Someone else pointed this out, right before Sonic grabs DK, you can clearly see him bounce off of a spring from the ground (presumably his Up B) and use an attack afterwards. Go check it out, it's weird.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This had made MANY people happy haha.

I was more exicted abouyt seeing the gameplay footage. I have been wantitng that for a while now.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Actually, that makes me pity Snake. When playing the game we'll all be like :

"-OMG NEWCOMER! THIS TIME I'M SURE IT'S GONNA BE SONIC!!!
-Kept you waiting, huh ?
-****, it's just Snake."

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I only saw a few seconds of the video, but I can say that it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It finally happened! I was so excited I felt like I could just huge someone! I couldn't, but you know what I mean!

Sonic W00t!!!!!

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I am not a huge Sonic Fan. Some of my friends are, but I have only played a few of his games, mostly when I was a kid, although I did buy that God Awful game for the X-box and end up selling it.

Sonic is an awesome addition to the Brawl Roster. I was a bit skeptical when I saw him online last night, but since that video was able to load this morning, he looks awesome. Once you see him in action you'll get it.

I don't know much on Sonic and his universe. I know the Chaos Crystal are things you collect. Could someone explain to me what his Final Smash is so I'm not calling him Super Sayjin Sonic...

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
while I'm happy he has FINALLY been confirmed on the site, I personally knew of his inclusion months ago from my reliable sources. (not to mention it was a given) I loved seeing him in action as well as the new footage. I would have loved to see someone else like lucario instead, but this has to happen at some point.

NOTE: jigs can turn her spin around. Sonic can not AND can jump while in it.

7-up

Smash Cadet
I've been waiting for this annoucement since brawl was announced.
My new main has arrived :]

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
!
SONIC!

Man, he looks almost 'too' fast. Then again, it is Sonic the Hedgehog...
Great gameplay trailer as well... And I'm absolutely loving the music in the Sonic in Brawl video, it ownz.

Now, all I need is King DeDeDe, Megaman and some Kirby stages/music and brawl will officially be the best game ever!... Well, it already is the best game ever of course... even before Sonic it already was...
Of course, this level of awesome was too much for one update, so yeah, the release date suffered :-p
I'm patient though, I'd rather they actually finish it and wait a little longer.

Go Sonic!

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
Aaaaaaaghh

omg even though i knew it was coming im still excited as HELL!!
this morning when i saw the announcement i made a sound that sounded like a goose!

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Today started off like any other day, I rolled out of bed and headed to my laptop to check up on any site updates saving the Dojo for last. When I saw the newcomer approaching bar I immediately spent a few seconds contemplating on who it could possibly be. Then I scrolled down, and there was Sonic in all his unphotoshopped glory. I literally spent five minutes staring at the character update alone and taking in the fact that they were not faked. I had recently come to the conclusion that after waiting so long I could live with the fact that Sonic might not be in brawl, after just seeing the images alone I wanted to slap myself for thinking that. Then I noticed the video and literally teared up from happiness.
Afterwards I went to breakfast in the student center still on my own personal high and saw my friend who checks the Dojo on fridays had just arrived. I immediately told him that he absolutely had to check the site right now! He got there and saw the challenger approaching bar and scrolled down. No images had loaded yet not even the icon all he saw was the word Sonic and it was enough to get him to throw his arms into the air and give me a huge hug. We then proceeded to see the rest of the update and discuss how amazing it was.

Bottom Line: After how amazing today's update was nothing can ruin my day now.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Sonic in Brawl!!! I literally bit my tongue hard! And not only Sonic, but a whole bunch of other news! This update made my week! AHHH!!!! Im excited!!!! :)

NukeA6

Smash Master
I hope the Green Hill ZOne theme is in the game. It has to be in now that Sonic is confirmed.

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
I was honestly surprised to see this update. Then again, with all the sonic and mario olimpic games stuff its not realy a massive surprise. And Id rather sonic get one of the 3 3rd party spots than some of the other characters out there.

EDIT: Also, crush 40 + Smash bros = win all the way.

Wii Wanderer

Smash Cadet
Aaagh!!

I can't believe this! When I saw the challenger approaching sign I went ballistic. I can't wait. My video machine wasn't working so I have to wait to see the videos. *screams so loud you can't hear it*

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
This only shows how superior brawl is to any other game. It is a dream caster this game. Two of my most requested chracters had always been the subject of ridicule. In the melee days when i said Sonic had a shot people joked and when I statedSquirtle had the same possible chances of being a PC as Blaziken and Lucario people ridiculed. But Sakurai never played by our rules. We all knew Sonic would be in but I know we all doubted it. And who actually had confirmed to themselves the exsistance of future Sonic update? Brawl encourages me to widen my imaionation and dreams and ultimately this is like a dream we all have where bit by bit reveals itself as a blessed orchid. When Brawl is released we will feel fulfilled but once the secrets are revealed we will feel a sense of sorrow. This game is the best of its kind in all history and will be set like that.

I can wait for brawl, it only gives me more days to dream. Thank you for caring Sakurai I thank you dearly for working so much harder than need be. This game wil be excellent, I have reached the penacle of excitement.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Too bad Dissidia: Final Fantasy wasn't on PS3... it might have stood a chance to beat Brawl... *laughs at Square's bad idea to release it on PSP*

Still, this is a guaranteed 10/10 on every gaming magazine. Seriously. In fact, I think this generation of systems will be legendary... right along with SNES era.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Too bad Dissidia: Final Fantasy wasn't on PS3... it might have stood a chance to beat Brawl... *laughs at Square's bad idea to release it on PSP*

Still, this is a guaranteed 10/10 on every gaming magazine. Seriously. In fact, I think this generation of systems will be legendary... right along with SNES era.
I doubt it. Nothing will beat the SNES era. But it can come close.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, ok. SNES did have some great games... unless Chrono (something) comes to Wii, it won't beat SNES. lol.

Aww... that means we're gonna have to get Mario & Sonic at the Olympics to wet our throats for a bit...

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
OH EM EF GE!

I wasnt expecting Sonic at all. The Sonic update made me wonder.. Is he unlockable or a starter. If he is a starter, why would he go to Brawl alone? *hint*

Anyways. Sonic Confirmed! Multiple taunts confirmed. It also looks like Mario and Sonic are taunting together, hinting at team taunts OR a "This games winner is"-screen where you are on the Stage instead of empty-ness.

SUPER SONIC!!! as Final smash. I wonder if he will be flying now.

*worships Sakurai and the Brawl team*

Top Bottom