• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic: Nuff said

craiigg

Smash Lord
actually physically speechless O___________O

sakurai is god. except for the release date thing.... shii

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
Heh. I love seeing that "Warning! Challenger Approaching!". But when I saw it this morning, I had no clue who it could've been so quick after Lucas. When I pressed the down arrow...I saw a spike. No, two spikes. Then I just spazzed out. I forgot what happened between 5:40 and 5:55 this morning.

It'd be a sin not to get this game.

me to, i scrolled down slowly and put my hands for the name. then i looked at the symbol and thougt is that a mushroom, is this a update of luigi. and then i saw spikes and thougt omg it sonic, and then you see the video and you see they put him in there with al his glory and you say thanx to god you chose nintendo

im happy btw :p

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
Hello, smash community.

This evening I awoke at 3:40 AM, after going to sleep at 10:00. I was frustrated that I was awake, so I decided to forget it and check the Dojo. I did what I have been doing lately; I covered the screen and revealed the contents slowly. When I saw the "Challenger Approaching" banner, I paused, and enjoyed the moment. When I moved my hand and saw that it read "Sonic", I completely lost it. Lost it I say.

I have a concert to perform in on the night of December 3rd. I was debating whether or not to go get Brawl early early that morning. Now, I have to. HAVE TO! I look forward to playing many of you online when said magic day arrives.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
Hello, smash community.

This evening I awoke at 3:40 AM, after going to sleep at 10:00. I was frustrated that I was awake, so I decided to forget it and check the Dojo. I did what I have been doing lately; I covered the screen and revealed the contents slowly. When I saw the "Challenger Approaching" banner, I paused, and enjoyed the moment. When I moved my hand and saw that it read "Sonic", I completely lost it. Lost it I say.

I have a concert to perform in on the night of December 3rd. I was debating whether or not to go get Brawl early early that morning. Now, I have to. HAVE TO! I look forward to playing many of you online when said magic day arrives.
Check again.The release date now says TBD and the Decemer 3rd thing was removed from the notices page. This game better come out before Christmas.

Somasu

Smash Ace
Since the other thread got closed, I don't think many people got to read what I posted in it, so.. here it is:

There's just so many things I like about this update today.. even with the release delay.

1: Sonic, in general. He was my most wanted character, so just... holy crap.

2: I never expected Sonic to be shown so early. Sure, it might have been just a cover for the release delay, but still.. I had no idea we'd be seeing this.

3: I LOVE how they used all the old school sound effects like his jump, the dash, and the bumper.

4: HE'S NOT VOICED BY ****ING JASON GRIFFITH! (I love you, Ryan Drummond. Please let me know that that's you doing his voice. It so ****ing sounds like it)

5: The video revealse so much more about his character. We have pretty much (by assumption) already seen his taunt, his character intro(assuming those are back), how fast he will really be, his Up B, his Neutral or Side B (Spin Dash), his Down B, his jab, his b-air, his u-air, his dsmash, his dthrow, and his Final Smash.

6: The actual game trailer is just too friggin' wicked. It's about time we've gotten just a normal trailer.

And yeah.. honestly, the delayed release date doesn't affect me much. Sure, it sucks.. but I can wait.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
the video is here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NouGAAxktZ4
Does the videos load for u guys? Ever since the "Snake joins the brawl" update movies couldn't load for my computer. The same thing happen when i used a different computer. Sigh
Yup. Same here. thnx for the youtube link =D

but seriously, I watched the snake video twice, and then smashbros.com videos havnt been working for me since.....

mabey my computer just cannot contain the sheer awsomeness of Snake & Sonic =P

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't expecting to see this update in the morning=D Well i'm pretty excited right now, this game just gets better and better i swear.

hmm, well is it just me or does sonic remind you guys alot of jiggz?

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
this is the update we've all been earlier all the sonic haters will try to say that sakurai is lying now this should be fun

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm happy. Hello Sonic's new favorite design of mine! I'll gladly make a signature out of you soon!

Also, hello new main! Man, he looks fricken fast, just as I imagined him to be! Well, I'm a happy camper!

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
My mouth dropped. I never expected Sonic so soon. I was actually a little disappointed when I saw the new challenger sign because it meant it wasn't Falcon. Oh well, Brawl is officially the ultimate in fan service (or, will be once Geno is unveiled.)

okay, what the hell?

why does the release date say TBA?
Either they screwed up, or my life sucks.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Oh........My.............God...............*faces sonic and bows to him like the two guys in the Wii commercial* Wii would like to welcome you into Brawl.........(^^)v

shanus

Smash Hero
well the only benefit to brawl being pushed back is that it wont cause me to fail my finals that start a week and a half later.....

this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the best part is that it poped out of nowhere but it is still AWESOME!!!!!!! I HAVE WANTED SONIC IN SMASH BROS SENCE 64 AND NOW IT HAS HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!! THIS....THIS IS..... OW!!!!!! (faints and hits head on computer desk)

peach-man

Smash Journeyman
The sweet, sweet land of sweet, sweet, chocolate,
lol, bamboozled...
WOOHOOOOOO!! EVRYBODY SCREAM: "WOOHOOOOO!!! IT'S SONIIIIC!!"

Awesome!!! Peach ownes in that movie, great!! my main again, I mean, she doesn't even have ANY lag anymore! that was about her only tiny little problem.
I am a verry happy man now:laugh::joyful::joyful::tnt::ouch:
I'm gonna explode!!:burst:

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
lol, bamboozled...
WOOHOOOOOO!! EVRYBODY SCREAM: "WOOHOOOOO!!! IT'S SONIIIIC!!"

Awesome!!! Peach ownes in that movie, great!! my main again, I mean, she doesn't even have ANY lag anymore! that was about her only tiny little problem. :laugh::joyful::joyful::tnt::ouch:
I'm gonna explode!!:burst:
didnt Peach just shaked her @$$ and singed 'la-lal-lal-lal-la-la!"??

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm alread prodicting about over a 100 team names for Sonic and Mario that each person will name. XD

This is freaking epic to the extream ^^

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
01 - Super Smash Brothers
02 - Donki Kongu (Donkey Kong)
03 - Fokkusu Makuraudo (Fox McCloud)
04 - Hoshi no Kabi (Kirby)
05 - Kyaputen Farukon (Captain Falcon)
06 - Metoroido (Metroid)
07 - Mother (Earthbound)
08 - Pokémon (Pokémon)
09 - Rinku (Link)
10 - Supa Mario (Mario)
11 - Yosshi (Yoshi)
12 - Fire Emblem
13 - Game and Watch
14 - Ice Climber
15 - Animal Crossing
16 - Made in Wario (WarioWare Inc.)
17 - Metal Gear Solid
18 - Myth of Light: The Mirror of Palutena (Kid Icarus)
19 - ???
20 - Sonic the Hedgehog

And a note about including Geno. Super Mario RPG comes after Sonic the Hedgehog. Possibly is icon 21.
To these guys above.

No! Sorry, but seriously. NO. The icon list is NOT sorted alphabetically in an awkward by that relies on badly romanized translations that are then sorted by an english alphabetic ordering that arbitrarily switches between a character name and the series title.

Sorry, but that's wrong. Again, sorry if that seems a little snappish, but I have to correct this misconception on many of the sites I go to, and it's becoming the bane of my existance, I swear.

On a happier note: Sonic! Freakin' Awesome!

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
To the guys above.

No! Sorry, but seriously. NO. The icon list is NOT sorted alphabetically in an awkward by that relies on badly romanized translations that are then sorted by an english alphabetic ordering that arbitrarily switches between a character name and the series title.

Sorry, but that's wrong. Again, sorry if that seems a little snappish, but I have to correct this misconception on many of the sites I go to, and it's becoming the bane of my existance, I swear.

On a happier note: Sonic! Freakin' Awesome!
WTH are u tlking about???

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
SONIC CONFIRMED!!! OMG!!!

This took me by such shock and surprise I nearly passed out after just waking up to check the Dojo. Sonic's video is... OMG, SONIC!!!! Best update EVER!!!

...But then I noticed in the 2nd video the infamous "COMING SOON" liner and I was like, "Wait, WHAT?" When I saw the TBD back where it should've read Dec. 3, i was floored.

How can Nintendo give us such a brilliant update to end all updates by combining the impossibly awesome with an air of complete uncertainty? ARGH, what a mix of emotions that's generated!!! I almost don't want to watch the Conference video again because of that ****ed "COMING SOON" bit.

Aside from that... SONIC!!!! :chuckle:

~Old Man Nintendo

Top Bottom