• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Someone got Smash Wii U early

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
She is so lucky, I wish I got the game early I hate waiting.
I don't even care anymore, they should just screw over the video game market and release games digitally. I'd gladly have DRM like how the Xbox One was going to be for SMASSSHHHH
I don't think the DRM will be the same as the Xbox one DRM, if the game are digital it makes sense to have DRM so you wouldn't share it over the internet. Microsoft DRM was for physical games so if you get it used you have to pay them to play it. You can't get used digital games so it won't effect you.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Haha, I bet anybody wanna protect the rules of not being a spoiler.
Everybody says rules are meant to be broken.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Part of me is REALLY excited for the people who got it--they get to enjoy it early and from the sounds of what Pidgezero and others have said, won't leak anything (not that there's anything particularly noteworthy to leak that we know of, but yeah).
On the other hand...I still have to wait two weeks...:dazwa:
2 weeks isnt even that long anyway

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
sounds like you are liking the attention. more power to ya.

congratulations, now excuse me while I go deal with my stress
I like it in that it's fun to see all the different reactions to something I originally posted to troll my friends with

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
But can you wait TWO weeks?
oh yeah I can wait two weeks. thats nothing for me. I have waited much longer for things. I can wait a simple two weeks. two weeks is nothing like waiting a year to get back into college because of some crap financial aid pulled

I like it in that it's fun to see all the different reactions to something I originally posted to troll my friends with
kk, I guess Ill be dropping this conversation before I derail it to much pff

Last edited:

Truly779

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wizard79
3DS FC
2277-6743-0392
wow very lucky pigezero! T.T Well happy smashing! ^.^ We'll join ya soon :D

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Well...it may not be very odd everybody in Nintendo is watching us.
Youtube, 4chan, this forum, even your home...

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
what's there to sue about it's just a little in game bonus its not like its hinting at an unannounced character or anything, right?
Do you even know what NDAs are and how legal stuff works?

And stop thinking that characters are the only thing that matters to Nintendo for this game. Smash Bros is a heavily content filled game, there's plenty and plenty of things we have not seen yet. This ranges from stages, music, event match challenges, etc. Just because we've seen every character does not mean there's nothing to hide.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

And stop thinking that characters are the only thing that matters to Nintendo for this game. Smash Bros is a heavily content filled game, there's plenty and plenty of things we have not seen yet. This ranges from stages, music, event match challenges, etc. Just because we've seen every character does not mean there's nothing to hide.
So much this. It's only some players that think only the characters matter.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428

Definitely this my friend. But the sad part in modern reality is people believe every crossover games = characters, other than that nobody cares as they say its meaningless.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Definitely this my friend. But the sad part in modern reality is people believe every crossover games = characters, other than that nobody cares as they say its meaningless.
To be fair, Smash is one of the few crossover games where more than the characters actually matter. Ironically so. All those Capcom crossovers? Rarely are the courses more than essentially the same thing, sometimes with breakable backgrounds. There's no items. The music is rarely noted. There's... endings, and that's about it, but those are tied to characters. There's so many character clones that the gameplay is only somewhat looked at. Smash has far less clones, so the gameplay is more unique by default.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

I love the music and love battling to the tracks, but its hard to appreciate some tracks like Star Wolf's theme/ sector Z for obvious reasons, (especially now that Fox and Falco are nerfed and almost anyone can beat them) the music is really good if you get into it, for me I always get into the battle when certain tracks play and when I'm playing as a certain character, For example It feels really satisfying to play as Ganondorf with Gerudo Valley blasting in the background.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
NDAs are also an important tool for maintaining positive relationships with the gaming media.

It is better for everyone if reviews (and ALL press content, from all outlets) must all be held back to be released the same day. Otherwise it turns into a game of "Who can write the crappiest review the fastest, and get the most clicks."

They aren't trying to hide Lucas and Ice Climbers from you; they are giving IGN and pals time to produce halfway decent pieces of journalism, with comprehensive sets of screenshots and well-edited videos.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
People getting games early happens all the time.
Yep. Happens lots. And everyone hates it. But that's life. Competition winner copies. Press review copies. Etc etc. They all exist. Nothing we can do about it. This person did brag about it though. That's not really nice.

WHAT THE FLYING RIDLEY
Is that some sort of insult now because Ridley is not in the game as a humanly playable character?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yep. Happens lots. And everyone hates it. But that's life. Competition winner copies. Press review copies. Etc etc. They all exist. Nothing we can do about it. This person did brag about it though. That's not really nice.
Like I said, her bragging about it sounds like she wants peeps to be jealous and likes the attention she is getting but thats just me thinking outloud
I have experience with people like that. Its best to just go ok and dont say much of anything else
Not sure is 25 y/os go on twitter to brag about think in peoples faces though

Last edited:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Lol its fine I graduated from uni like 2 years ago
I wasn't sticking up for u (no offense lol). I was trying to be a smart@$$ without getting "warned" for once :D

But yeah I'm glad u received the game. I'm a tad jealous

Like I said, her bragging about it sounds like she wants peeps to be jealous and likes the attention she is getting but thats just me thinking outloud
I have experience with people like that. Its best to just go ok and dont say much of anything else
U act like it's a crime to be happy. Not her fault someone made THIS thread. Hell, I would've tweeted a pic as well

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I'm jealous that she gets these free GC controllers and amiibos as well.

I would never even get the CHANCE to enter a tournament where I can win the game or any prize, because they never do events in Australia, let alone close enough to me, despite charging Aus more expensive prices on everything than the US and Aus still having lots of Nintendo customers.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I wasn't sticking up for u (no offense lol). I was trying to be a smart@$$ without getting "warned" for once :D

But yeah I'm glad u received the game. I'm a tad jealous

U act like it's a crime to be happy. Not her fault someone made THIS thread. Hell, I would've tweeted a pic as well
oh no its not a crime to be happy and more power to her for getting it early. I may sound mean because In all honesty, I don't care if she got it early. If I did sound super rude this entire time, I'm very very sorry. Maybe I should be more mad at the person who made this thread pfff idk.

Last edited:

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Judging from all your posts on this thread; you sound like an extremely bitter person...

the8thark

Smash Lord
I'm jealous that she gets these free GC controllers and amiibos as well.

I would never even get the CHANCE to enter a tournament where I can win the game or any prize, because they never do events in Australia, let alone close enough to me, despite charging Aus more expensive prices on everything than the US and Aus still having lots of Nintendo customers.
I live in Australia also. And yes we get the short end of the stick for competitions and game releases/prices. But after this happening for decades I thought you'd have gotten used to it by now. I have.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I live in Australia also. And yes we get the short end of the stick for competitions and game releases/prices. But after this happening for decades I thought you'd have gotten used to it by now. I have.
Yeah I'm used to it, but that doesn't make it any less unfair. I know I can't change it, but I just don't like how this country gets this garbage for no reason.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I feel bad for you guys in AUS. I wish they would make getting games a bit easier for you guys instead of rating
Atelier Totori R-18 When it was rated T everywhere else for what they call " High impact sexual violence" like...WHAT is HIGH IMPACT sexual violence

Last edited:

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Well everybody's gonna get it in this month anyways so what's the whining?
I'm gonna get the Japanese version and it'll take until next month December to get it but you don't see me whining about it?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Well everybody's gonna get it in this month anyways so what's the whining?
I'm gonna get the Japanese version and it'll take until next month December to get it but you don't see me whining about it?
How long does it take normaly for a game to be imported from Japan to the US? My friend imports Atelier games for his vita and PSs all the time and he gets it in about a week or a few days.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
How long does it take normaly for a game to be imported from Japan to the US? My friend imports Atelier games for his vita and PSs all the time and he gets it in about a week or a few days.
Let's see...

First I order the game at some Japanese retail site but it'll take a day to send it to tenso.com, once they arrive next day I must put an order to send it here but it'll take another day to send it to the post office, and once the plane departures it'll take around 2-3 days to ship so...

Yup, around 5-7 days I can get it.

Top Bottom