• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Good Hints ^_^

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
"OT: could i ask where everyone got the character icons for their sig?"

There are quite a few gaming-render websites (planet renders, game hiker, etc.). The two that I just listed are very good, and there are other sites listed in the artwork emporium's image request thread (here).

I hope that I understood your question correctly =)

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
first pic is from soul calibur 3. second pic is from diddy kong racing. nuff. said. its not that hard people.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
The Diddy Kong one also says Pokemon in it..

The manual looks convincing but those icons look familiar... like the colored ones from the Dojo update

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
You think that a booklet from a Japanese magazine (Famitsu, I assume) would have their copyrights printed in Japanese...

RyanCE

Smash Cadet
Even on the Japanese version of the DOJO!!, the copyrights are in English.

This is CLEARLY real, and anyone else claiming otherwise is an idiot. This doesn't mean THEY'RE CHARACTERS IN BRAWL, it simply means they've been mentioned somewhere in the booklet.

RoboPlato

Smash Rookie
This is from the Famistu thing and I will post this in both threads. The only reason that those companies are listed is because games that the confirmed characters have been in are mentioned. You can't legally mention the non-Nintendo game without giving proper credit to the company. The reason that Necrid is listed is because whenever SCII is mentioned, the one that had Link in it, McFarlane is always credited for the design of Necrid. This does not have to do with playable characters.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, if we are even going to have 4 third party characters it will be Geno and Megaman, no doubt. They are not going to gamble with 3rd party characters, they can do that with Nintendo characters, but NOT with third party characters. Especially if you are going to put Necrid in over more historical characters like Megaman or Bomberman, heck why not just replace Sonic with Moogle if that is the case.

This thread is made of pure fail...
why megaman or bomberman while we could have one of the most historicals : PACMAN

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
first pic is from soul calibur 3. second pic is from diddy kong racing. nuff. said. its not that hard people.
Soul caliber 3 never came out on an nintendo console, so why would the first pic include nintendo if it was soul caliber 3?

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I think this has a lot to do with mentions rather than actual confirmed characters. Though I have to admit Banjo-Kazooie would be an incredibly unique character to play as.

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
I think we're all aren't looking right at this, and are assuming that every character involved would be playable as opposed to an assist trophy. Let's analyze the other items on the list that haven't yet been discussed.

BMB entertainment is responsible for developing Taiko Drum Master: Appare Sandaime. I can not find any more information relating to this company. Paon is responsible for developing the newer DK games after rare left the equation (perhaps leading to items, AT's or bosses associated with the last couple of DK games, it's maybe an implication of use of DK's and Diddy's final smashes as well. Intelligent also implies items associated with paper mario. There's potentially a lot that's explained by this leak, who knows what it means though. Banjo and necrid could easily be AT's or playable characters.Paon, is resposible for producing a number of series, most famous of which is dragon quest. Also, the inclusion of square enix is promising, notice that it's square enix, and not square enix/nintendo. That could mean sora and not just geno as is commonly expected. Also, notice that camelot, producer of golden sun is not listed. The lack of ape inc implies that ness is not in the game, as they produced earthbound.

Who knows if this is real, but enjoy the slew of speculation.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
Snake is in because Kojima begged Sakurai, plus he acted as the catalyst to recruit other 3rd party characters.

Look I believe it is false, plain and simple.
Thats not why. Brawl will consist of the most influencial characters ever to grace a nintendo console. Metal Gear made its first console appearance on the Nintendo Entertaiment System(Its very first appearance was on the MSX2 home computer). Its only right that he make an appearance in Brawl. I'd go so far as to say hes more deserving of a spot in brawl then sonic. Although, before knowing of snakes cameo, sonic was the most anticipated third party character.

BKBroiler

Smash Cadet
Ok, someone probably has said this, but just because it says Necrid doesn't mean he's a PC. He could be a AT or even a SSE boss.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
well. those 1st two pictures seemed to have no relationship with brawl-or super smash brothers. and then one with Banjo Diddy and Krunch are probably Diddy Kong Racing. wow....

Cheeseknight28

Smash Cadet
The only reason they're mentioned in the book is because this book shows the history of all the characters.

Diddy Kong Racing is part of Diddy's history and is the only game with both Banjo and Krunch.

Soul Calibur II is part of Link's history since it's the only game with both Link and Necrid (Necrid never appears in any other SC games)

SQUARE-ENIX, I'm not really sure about. I'm assuming it has something to do with Mario RPG.
However, why would the booklet go to the trouble of mentioning Necrid if he had no role in Brawl? Necrid and Link were not connected in any way during SCII, they merely were exclusives to the game. Not to mention Link being in SCII has very little to do with his history, merely that he did a crossover of his own.

I seriously doubt they would include Necrid in the book if he had no relevance to Brawl.

Cheeseknight28

Smash Cadet
well. those 1st two pictures seemed to have no relationship with brawl-or super smash brothers. and then one with Banjo Diddy and Krunch are probably Diddy Kong Racing. wow....
The second picture also has Pokemon listed, which were not in DKR.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
OK, this should be obvious to some people:

Banjo is probably mentioned because he was Diddy Kong's game; They couldn't mention Banjo without stating which company he belonged to.

Necrid is probably mentioned because Link was in Soul Calibur 2, and I'm willing to bet that there's something along the lines of "Link appeared in Soul Calibur II as a console exclusive, alongside other famous characters like Necrid" That type of thing seemse likely.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Banjo is probably mentioned because he was Diddy Kong's game; They couldn't mention Banjo without stating which company he belonged to.

Necrid is probably mentioned because Link was in Soul Calibur 2, and I'm willing to bet that there's something along the lines of "Link appeared in Soul Calibur II as a console exclusive, alongside other famous characters like Necrid" That type of thing seemse likely.
actually, this is EXACTLY the reason those 3rd party companies are mentioned in the book

Card

Smash Lord
RyuDragonKing said:

actually, this is EXACTLY the reason those 3rd party companies are mentioned in the book
I agree

Everyone is jumping to conclusions... as usual.

IF these characters are in Brawl, but are NOT inside of the Booklet, they do not need to be shown in the Copywrights. Look at the DOJO... It makes NO MENTION of the Copywrights of ANY COMPANY unless they are shown. SEGA did not appear in the Copywrights on the DOJO until they announced Sonic is proof of this.

BECAUSE the original posted says there is nothing on new characters, that means that somewhere in the booklet there have been references or mentions to the objects which are copyrighted.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Agreed. Besides, the cover itself pretty much contradicts the copyright information on the back. What logos do they show on the cover? They're all of the logos for the characters released on the dojo, minus Olimar (I think). Makes sense considerring that this was probably finished before Olimar was revealed.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
You think that a booklet from a Japanese magazine (Famitsu, I assume) would have their copyrights printed in Japanese...
Copyrights are always written in english.

Just go to the japanese brawl website and scroll to the bottom.
Everything's in japanese expect the copyright material.

You didn't know that? :p

supersonicyouth

Smash Rookie
"OT: could i ask where everyone got the character icons for their sig?"

There are quite a few gaming-render websites (planet renders, game hiker, etc.). The two that I just listed are very good, and there are other sites listed in the artwork emporium's image request thread (here).

I hope that I understood your question correctly =)
thanks! works for me. :)

Cheeseknight28

Smash Cadet
(Taken from the other thread)

well there we go, all the proof we needed, these characters and companies are NOT confirmed to be in Brawl but they just appear in the famitsu booklet.

/thread

Ness confirmation, nice.

Edit: Nevermind, just checked Brawl Central.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Necrid is probably mentioned because Link was in Soul Calibur 2, and I'm willing to bet that there's something along the lines of "Link appeared in Soul Calibur II as a console exclusive, alongside other famous characters like Necrid"
That type of thing seems UNlikely. Necrid was only in one game in the whole series, isn't at all famous (except for fanatic players who think he's cheap), and has no importance at all in the game or series. Nightmare, Ivy, SPAWN, etc. and they mention Necrid?

It would be like if they said "Mega Man appeared in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 alongside other famous characters like MARROW!"

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Sorry if this is a repeat of what someone has already said.

THIS IS THE FAMITSU SUPER SMASH X BOOKLET THAT GIVES THE OVER-VIEW OF BRAWL/X

Necrid is listed because in the Link history section it shows him fighting Necrid in Soul Calibur 2 for the GCN

Square is mentioned because of the pic of Super Mario RPG

finally Rare and the Rare characters like Banjo are mentioned because of the screens of Diddy Kong Racing

None of these copyrights mean anything to Brawl itself.

Top Bottom