• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Good Hints ^_^

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace

Someone in my irc channel posted these. and i think they have a potential to unlock whose in the roster.... and what came to mind is Necrid????? Its strange...

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Wow! So what exactly is this booklet? If it's legit, those are some fantastic companies *SQUARE ENIX FANGASM!*. And Rare? They're with Microsoft, but would a reference be possible?

Finally.. who is Necrid? ^^'

Thanks for these <3 certainly tantalising.

-- Andy

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Ah so Necrid is Soul Calibur, I get it now. He seems an odd choice, but certainly an awesome looking one. That certainly would boost sales, taking a character from such a successful fighting title.. one which is full of its own surprises.

I'm intrigued, is this the new magazine guide or what? o.o

-- Andy

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
They look fake to me. I don't thnk Banjo would be in it, let alone Necrid and Krunch, sure it's possible they could be assists, but GAWD, how many 3rd party characters are there gonna be in this?

This kind of thing is what makes me think that those who were angry about the 3rd party charactersare right, they really are just putting their arms deep into a bowl of 3rd party characters and scooping a load out to see what they have. PICK AND MIX.

This is why I don't think it's true.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Well, Necrid had moves of many characters in Soul Calibur, I wonder how that would work out. Suffice to say I would NOT like him in

:034:

Smash Hero
Fake much?

It says TODD MCFARLANE PRODUCTIONS. A COMIC artist. Therefore, it's not for Brawl or just fake.

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
W.....................T.........................................F.................................................

NECRID IN SSBB!?! WHAT IS THIS SAKURAI SOME KIND OF JOKE!?!?!?

This.... is.... TOTALLY.... THE wtf char.... Necrid... in Brawl

I HATE NECRID x(

BKBroiler

Smash Cadet
Hmm.. one of the leakers says...
Ultimatex64 said:
-Assist Trophy: Cactuar - While third parties might not fill all the fighting spots, they can still contribute things such as Assist Trophies. One of them thanks to Square-Enix is the popular Cactuar! Cactuar jumps up in the air and starts launching needles everywhere!
EDIT: Oh, he admitted to be a fake. JK lolz.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure for the younger players Necrid would be an awesome character. You don't need to knoe of his origins, I'm sure the Smash universe would recreate that and make him a more family friendly character [if possible o.O].

-- Andy

Hyenator

Smash Cadet
The guide mentions Soul Calibur 2 in the Link's history. Because Necrid isn't a Namco character, they need to put separate copyrights. Relax guys, Necrid isn't in Brawl.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
For those of you saying Banjo and K are in cause of the Rare mentioning, no.

Rare created Diddy Kong and the DK image.
They belong to Rare, yet they can only be used in Nintendo games because Nintendo holds full rights to the characters.

SC wouldn't surprise me either.
It appeared on the gamecube, Link was in it...
Probably promoting.. SC IV?

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
About all these references, it was already noted how there was a Soul Calibur mention. Perhaps all of these on the back are just to compensate, you know, like a source, a bibliography. Not what's actually in the game, content wise.

Who knows though.. I mean is this confirmed to be legit? The front looks pretty real, but the disclaimer?

-- Andy

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
This is fake. I'm not even sure the first two pictures actually came out of the book in the third picture. Banjo wasn't even in the Diddy Kong Racing remake on DS, even though he was in the original Diddy Kong Racing, so why would he be in Brawl?

Crystallion
Well, Necrid had moves of many characters in Soul Calibur, I wonder how that would work out. Suffice to say I would NOT like him in
No, you're thinking of Charade. Necrid was a character created for Soul Calibur 2 by Todd McFarlane, the creator of Spawn.

Ultimatex64
-Assist Trophy: Cactuar - While third parties might not fill all the fighting spots, they can still contribute things such as Assist Trophies. One of them thanks to Square-Enix is the popular Cactuar! Cactuar jumps up in the air and starts launching needles everywhere!
Yeah, because I'm sure they would bother asking Square permission to use their character just so they can have another Assist Trophy.

Crossjeremiah
this game incorporates kids. so why would necrid be in there...its like putting DOA characters in brawl...
You do know that Solid Snake is in the game, right?

Hyenator
The guide mentions Soul Calibur 2 in the Link's history. Because Necrid isn't a Namco character, they need to put separate copyrights. Relax guys, Necrid isn't in Brawl.
That's what I was thinking too. But why does it mention Diddy, Banjo, and Krunch specifically and not the other Diddy Kong Racing characters?

Crossjeremiah
well snake doesn't look scary. he just looks da mn cool. its not like snake snaps people's heads in this game
If Necrid is "too scary" looking then so is Ganondorf.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't it say "The character 'Necrid' is created and designed by Namco and Todd McFarlane Productions, Inc." Namco = Pac-Man. Other Namco characters as a assist trophies methinks. They had to specially mention Necrid because he isn't fully owned by Namco.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
Man, IF Necrid got in he would definently take the title of the most WTF character spot....

Though I really don't like him so I hope he's only mentioned cause he's owned seperately by someone other than Namco.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Didn't it ever occur to you guys he could be an AT?

Then again, maybe this is the WTF third party.

Top Bottom