• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Good Hints ^_^

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Krunch and Necrid would be though, and I would much rather have a character like Megaman or Bomberman (although I guess that's just my opinion, many would like Banjo...)

Krunch is in DKR DS though isn't he? So he's pretty much not a Rare exclusive character, since they (Conker and Banjo) were removed from the DS game for that very reason. Krunch could just be an Assist Trophy

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
The only reason they're mentioned in the book is because this book shows the history of all the characters.

Diddy Kong Racing is part of Diddy's history and is the only game with both Banjo and Krunch.

Soul Calibur II is part of Link's history since it's the only game with both Link and Necrid (Necrid never appears in any other SC games)

SQUARE-ENIX, I'm not really sure about. I'm assuming it has something to do with Mario RPG.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
HAHAHAHA This is so fake it is not even funny...

Wait it is. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

mushroomedmario

Smash Cadet
The only reason they're mentioned in the book is because this book shows the history of all the characters.

Diddy Kong Racing is part of Diddy's history and is the only game with both Banjo and Krunch.

Soul Calibur II is part of Link's history since it's the only game with both Link and Necrid (Necrid never appears in any other SC games)

SQUARE-ENIX, I'm not really sure about. I'm assuming it has something to do with Mario RPG.
nice logic....all those companies were associated with some characters in smash

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yeah... nice logic... I never thought about it that way, but like someone said on the other thread, "Who would only scan the copyright pages if they have access to the whole book?" or something like that.

I guess we'll find out in a few days... (it's out on the 21st right?)

supersonicyouth

Smash Rookie
like someone said on the other thread, "Who would only scan the copyright pages if they have access to the whole book?" or something like that.
maybe they only scanned what they thought they could get away with, if they work for nintendo or something.

Tomo009

Smash Apprentice
Necrid:confused: WTF, if this is real I wonder how Necrid would work, hes like a copier, would he have everyone's specials or waht?

Would love to see Banjo and Kazoie in though

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
I find it disturbing Treasure still hasn't been mentioned in the copyrights here or on the dojo.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Obvious fake lol! Seriously, if there is another third party it's either Geno, Megaman, or someone other than Necrid lol!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Seriously, if we are even going to have 4 third party characters it will be Geno and Megaman, no doubt. They are not going to gamble with 3rd party characters, they can do that with Nintendo characters, but NOT with third party characters. Especially if you are going to put Necrid in over more historical characters like Megaman or Bomberman, heck why not just replace Sonic with Moogle if that is the case.

This thread is made of pure fail...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I find it disturbing Treasure still hasn't been mentioned in the copyrights here or on the dojo.
I think it might be because although Sin and Punishment was made by Treasure, the rights are Nintendo's. I mean Nintendo own the rights to Golden Sun so I don't think they'd need to put Camelot if Isaac was in Brawl.

maybe they only scanned what they thought they could get away with, if they work for nintendo or something.
But Famitsu is the one making the book. Though I guess the same could be said about that.

The thing is, even posting the copyrights could get you into trouble.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
I know right?! I won't give up hope on Mischief Makers just yet though...

Edit: oh, about the Sin and Punishment AT...yeah that is wierd

Also I looked on wikipedia and it says Nintendo published the game...though does that give them the rights to it? Maybe because they were part of treasures at that time they don't need to mention them?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No, most of Necrid's moves were copied from other people.

Wow, seems like people are really close-minded when it comes to new characters. Which is good for extra WTF? when they're actually revealed, I guess.
I am telling you, there will not be any WTF 3rd party characters, Nintendo is not going to go through the trouble of negotiating for characters like Necrid. WTF characters are for Nintendo characters.

Plus this booklet goes out of its way to reveal characters, I notice it did not do this for Sega or Konami. It just screams fake, someone who uses photoshop says that this looks doctored anyways.

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
No, most of Necrid's moves were copied from other people.

Wow, seems like people are really close-minded when it comes to new characters. Which is good for extra WTF? when they're actually revealed, I guess.
I don't see how it's close-minded.

I don't blame people for getting a little angry when it comes to the possibility of Necrid being a playable character.

As a big Soul Calibur fan I'd be pretty pissed. Necrid was only in one game as a guest character because Todd McFarlane designed Spawn for the XBOX version and also wanted to design an original character just for the series.

He is a very minor part of the Soul Calibur storyline, the equivalent would be if we got Rude from Final Fantasy VII in Smash Bros. and no other Final Fantasy characters at all.

Keep in mind that if a new series enters the world of Smash their main character will have first dibs as a playable character. Not some obscure side-character.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I am telling you, there will not be any WTF 3rd party characters, Nintendo is not going to go through the trouble of negotiating for characters like Necrid. WTF characters are for Nintendo characters.

Plus this booklet goes out of its way to reveal characters, I notice it did not do this for Sega or Konami. It just screams fake, someone who uses photoshop says that this looks doctored anyways.
*I thought Snake was a pretty good WTF character...*

Anyway, like other people said, this probably isn't revealing new characters, it's just like credits or whatever for companies associated with characters already in the game.

EDIT: Not about just Necrid being in (I don't think he represents SC either), but about who the the next few newcomers are going to be (3rd party). They just have to be Geno and Megaman...it could be anyone really.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
*I thought Snake was a pretty good WTF character...*

Anyway, like other people said, this probably isn't revealing new characters, it's just like credits or whatever for companies associated with characters already in the game.
Snake is in because Kojima begged Sakurai, plus he acted as the catalyst to recruit other 3rd party characters.

Look I believe it is false, plain and simple.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Giant shoop. Why in gods name would Necrid be in the game. If they actually had a Soul Calibur rep, it would at least be Siegfried or Nightmare, I would think.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I kinda hope this is real, Characters like necrid is what brawl needs......if you think about it, they're characters nobody will expect and would no matter what anyone says have the potential to be great brawlers.

Necrid......maybe it's because link was in soul caliber and this is nintendo paying them back in a way....

or.....maybe there are just alot of beggars in the video game industry.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Guys, keep in mind that secret characters (ie Fire Emblem and Game and Watch) were not credited for being in the game until after you unlocked them (in Melee). Expect no different from Brawl.

Sorry if double post.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
If they were going to use a Soul Calibur character it wouldn't be Necrid. Of all the characters Namco has to offer, why would they put Necrid in the game?

That would be like them adding Billy Hatcher as the Sega character, instead of Sonic.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
One final question.
Who the hell is Krunch.
I played Banjo Kazooie (one of my favorite N64 games) and I remember no such character.

Again, sorry if double post.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
One final question.
Who the hell is Krunch.
I played Banjo Kazooie (one of my favorite N64 games) and I remember no such character.

He's from Diddy Kong Racing.

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
One final question.
Who the hell is Krunch.

A Kremling from Diddy Kong Racing. He served as one of the 'heavy' characters, not unlike Bowser in Mario Kart.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If they were going to use a Soul Calibur character it wouldn't be Necrid. Of all the characters Namco has to offer, why would they put Necrid in the game?

That would be like them adding Billy Hatcher as the Sega character, instead of Sonic.
We don't know what sakurai is thinking, he may have reasons for character inclusions that we can't even think of. I'm going to stay cautious and try to be open about what characters in are in brawl because you really don't know what will happen.

I'm thinking there may be third party trophies for series that don't have playable characters because some series may be more than happy to give the rights to put there character as a trophy or assist trophy, especially if they have a new game coming out as it's great advertising.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Fake much?

It says TODD MCFARLANE PRODUCTIONS. A COMIC artist. Therefore, it's not for Brawl or just fake.
He made Necrid actually. But why this is fake (maybe not be read this part first) is because note that even the Dojo doesn't have to show copyrights till the character is actually shown. They wouldn't spoil it with something that simple

The other case is that those copyrights are for that booklet, and all the listed characters were mentioned or shown in some way.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Whoa o_O Man, I hope this is real! Necrid would own so much XD And....:D! Banjo!! d^_^b

cunning

Smash Rookie
It just screams fake, someone who uses photoshop says that this looks doctored anyways.
That "someone who uses Photoshop" has his head up his ***. If you're trying to fake these photos, just type up the copyright notices, print it out, and snap a photo of it. That's far easier than doing it any way that involves Photoshop whatsoever.

If it's real, it's because Link is shown fighting Necrid in a screenshot from SC2, and because Diddy is shown racing against Banjo and Krunch in a screenshot from DKR. I mean, I don't think Banjo has a dream at appearing in Brawl, but if he did, it certainly wouldn't be without Kazooie.

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
I would say that igneous' reasoning is probably the most likely explanation. Or... this booklet is a complete fake.

However, I would love to see banjo in brawl (with kazooie of course :p).

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Necrid is FAR from confirmed,not to mention among the least likely characters to make it. He and the other third parties are credited because their works are referenced and utilized in the Nintendo history pages of the guide when mapping details of characters like Link and Mario. Todd Macfarlane's Necrid is being credited because the game he has special attachment in the copyright, and possibly is screenshotted in the actual guide when discussing Link's Final Smash. Square Enix is referenced because of the Mario Finale's roots in the Mega Fireball attack, etc.

This does, however, suggest involvement of those parties in the game, but does not prove one way or another that it is the case.

supersonicyouth

Smash Rookie
maybe it's from a different game's manual

OT: could i ask where everyone got the character icons for their sig?

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Wait...why does it say "Diddy Kong, Banjo, and Krunch..." on the second line and then have Rare on the first line of the other scan? And Diddy wouldn't be credited to anyone other than Nintendo, and Banjo is Rare's character, so they wouldn't be listed together anyway regardless...this looks incredibly suspect.

Top Bottom