• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Battlecow

Play to Win
W/e

Emulator is fake

A$ was rusty

Lol Good job Star King. Were you really doing alright on console? I'm jelly...

Also switch to the crazy hori minipad.

DMoogle

A$
Wasn't really sure where to put this, but star king, A$ and I decided we should make a hype thread.
Hahahahahahaha I was totally joking about that. Social thread!
But seriously, you should be jealous because it was the best 12 character battle ever. Star King won by 7 stocks (2 dk, 5 ness), which is pretty damn close for a 60 stock battle.
Eh, didn't feel close. I'm way more annoyed by the Luigi vs. Falcon battle than that one.
In other news, we played some console and star king played with an n64 controller. He did just fine, and he said its about time he started switching to controller. So everybody keep bugging him about it until he finally switches over so he can play console FULL POWER. That is all, discuss. Or not. Just thought people would want to know results of that.
Yesssss he needs to switch.
+1. Dreamland da bess. Hyrule is Camprule
Hyrule is better than Dreamland.
W/e

Emulator is fake

A$ was rusty

Lol Good job Star King. Were you really doing alright on console? I'm jelly...

Also switch to the crazy hori minipad.
I think Star King's a better player than I am. I'm not saying that simply because he won the battle, but because I felt that I played fine for my standards, and he outplayed me more than I outplayed him. Past few times we played online (1 frame), I felt I played poorly, but last night I think I was OK. I probably made a few poor strategic decisions with character selection, but really not all that much.

Albeit it's the first time I've compared offline emulation and console side by side, and there really is a noticeable difference.

The Star King

Smash Hero
IDK I think it could have gone either way. You probably could have won with some better character choices.

I feel like the battle went REALLY well for me in terms of match-ups and stage selection. The only regrets I can think of is wasting a Yoshi stock, and your Ness taking a lot more stocks than I would have liked lol

Plus I think you took nearly two-for-two stocks in the Pika ditto and four-for-four with your Kirby vs my Pika, and I think Pikachu is my best character in those match-ups (my Falcon MIGHT be better against Pika IDK). Plus your Pikachu is probably better in the Falcon match-up, mine is horrible :(

So yeah, I won't say you're better like I did before, but I think we're pretty even.

I think Falcon destroys Luigi pretty badly, especially on Dreamland. Wouldn't worry about it :p

Oh, and as for my performance on keyboard... I was definitely still a lot worse than I am on keyboard. But it was better than I expected, I guess. Hopefully we can do a battle on console some day :o

:phone:

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
Just watched the first two Peru matches, now I am going to go practice some pika.

[EDIT]: After watching the second pika ditto I think Nesscozmoz has superior spacing, but Isai's combos pulled the win.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
gahhhhhhhhh he began uploading!? this is what i'll be doing tonight then, i guess.

Also, and I've yet to watch any of the videos, but malva, was there any reason you went Pika right off the bat (when recording)? Were they really good enough that you needed to pull out the Pika!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ballin'- you're not that nerdy at all, but I think you qualify. I think your interest in hip-hop is "underground" enough to be considered at least slightly nerdy, and with the crazy SSB interest and long hours spent in the smashboards debate hall, the label doesn't seem entirely inappropriate.

Of course, I don't think that's a bad thing at all lol.

O **** ISAI VIDS GOGOGOGOGOGO

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I just remember him saying something about how he won't usually play Pika or Kirby unless he's in it to win it or is trying to prove himself. But sure, your reasoning works just as well!

inb4 isai saying he does whatever he wants and doesn't need a reason

malva00

Smash Master
finished uploading matches against LocoSmash.

uploading the matches against NAk now

Nesscozmos came to tacna for a day and recorded falcon dittos with Gustavo. They won't be on my channel but I'm looking forward to seeing them (I was busy playing on another TV).

Going to upload Tacna vs Isai 12 Character Battle (THE REMATCH) after I upload Largo

here's the LINE UP

Isai: Luigi, Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Falcon, Ness, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox, Rat, Jiggly

Tacna: Luigi (Papitas), Mario (Gerson), DK (Stradon), Link (UBB), Samus (Largo), Falcon (Gustavo), Ness (Chumita), Yoshi (Alvin), Kirby (Stradon), Fox (Alvin), Rat (Gerson), Jiggly (Nervios)

malva00

Smash Master
12 character battle is being uploaded

i'm going to finish putting the matches against marca on my comp, then i'm going to have them upload while i sleep.

i should have all the videos up by tomorrow night, i hope

NTA

Smash Lord
whenever I go on kailera no one ever seems to be on :(
Probably has something to do with the time...

Also

(04:20:06AM) <nourtekken3> nine be a little moreq uiet i want to eat you in peace
(04:25:08AM) <nourtekken3> i know that doubles should eat nine after taking some help and i should care about othar -things this is all
(04:54:57AM) <nourtekken3> Nine you are a fox but i hope god help you
(04:55:03AM) <nourtekken3> nine )
(04:55:22AM) <nourtekken3> it is better for you to love me
(04:55:30AM) <nourtekken3> not to hate me
(04:55:37AM) <nourtekken3> bye..
>_>

tonshaad1230

Smash Rookie
Okay what in the world have these forums come to now? Nour talking about eatting somebody now? :woman: <--- is what he's turning into.

DMoogle

A$
So I ordered a shirt on Amazon, and they sent me a pair of jeans. I told them I got a pair of jeans, and they sent me another pair of the exact same jeans. So I told them that, and they refunded my money and said if I still want the shirt, to place a "clean" order. They offered me free one-day shipping, but since I'm an Amazon Prime member and the item is supposedly geographically close to me, I get that already. Anyway, I place the order, and today I receive the shipment.

It's a third pair of the same jeans.

I wouldn't mind so much if they were nice designer jeans that fit, but they're $40 jeans with a 27" waist. The shirt's $82 retail (it was a little under half price for $40 and I had a 20% off coupon to make the final price $32), and I wear 32-33". Anyway, I told them I received ANOTHER pair of jeans, and they told me that they were removing the item from the store until they figure out what went wrong, and refunding my money of course.

So after all this I didn't get anything free (since I have to return the jeans). Booooooooooo.

Oh yeah, this was the shirt BTW, but in medium. I'm not crazy about the textured color, but it's a sort of style that I feel is kind of hard to find, at least on the cheapish side (button-down, but casual and comfortable), and I like silk: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009QWE2C

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Unacceptable.

You should either be buying the CM Punk 'Best in the World' shirt, or some form of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic shirt.

Bad luck with Amazon, do they have a number to call so you can yell at them or does contact have to be done via email?

DMoogle

A$
I think they have a number, but I don't really like phone calls. Yelling is a good way to piss CS off without getting anything, which is the opposite of what I want.

Anyway, I e-mailed them back saying that I expected some compensation after this fiasco, and they sent me a code worth $10. So, at least I finally got that out of it.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
So I got planked for the first time today in ssb64.

Fireblaster did it to me with pikachu on dreamland like 3-4 games.

Definitely not as affective as it is in brawl. Still pretty lame though. Don't know why he resorted to it. We played like and hour before that fine, guess he got upset or something.

B Link

Smash Lord
I do that naturally sometimes, didn't know there was a term for it. But in all matches I used it "effectively" without messing up I usually did better.

Battlecow

Play to Win
So I won $100 at a console tourney in Columbus today.

Could have been better run, but least they mostly used the BR ruleset.

One guy was really good- managed to beat everyone in my crew but me. I wanted to play a bunch of friendlies with him, but he was black and therefore much, much cooler than me, and was able to have a "lol video games I play these once in a while don't be a nerd man" attitude while still playing for like hours a day, so he left me hanging.

here are some photos. I'm the guy in the black hat and the "Don't get hit" shirt.

Top Bottom