• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sangoku

Smash Master
What, nix was banned?? The favourite poster of everyone =(.

Did he really link to gore? He said it was just an image of dead kadhafi I believe. Plus he warned something in his post.

And why G-MANG's thread has been closed?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
All very good questions. Nixxxon was harmless.

Apparently no mod appreciates anything FUN around here which was why the great G-mangs thread was closed.

NTA

Smash Lord
Does anyone know a good way to make cheese toast sandwiches? I finally found some bread and a pack of cheese slices and I need to eat so I can get on with the rest of my life for today. :(

DMoogle

A$
What, nix was banned?? The favourite poster of everyone =(.

Did he really link to gore? He said it was just an image of dead kadhafi I believe. Plus he warned something in his post.

And why G-MANG's thread has been closed?
All very good questions. Nixxxon was harmless.

Apparently no mod appreciates anything FUN around here which was why the great G-mangs thread was closed.
I thought a ban might be too harsh given I don't think he posted it to troll, and he did add a warning (albeit a pretty weak one given the content), but I asked in the Staff forum and was told that it should still be applied. He can appeal it in Forum Support.

GMan thread was closed because it was going nowhere and, despite it having a video, the thread was a lot more suited for here (Social). Sorry I thought I posted this, guess I forgot. I can merge the thread/posts here if you guys want.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Show up to a tourney, then talk ****. We had a good time ****-talking before, but it was done with the assumption that one of us would end up victorious. If you FLAKE when we have a big MM set up, then I'm no longer interested in little half-serious brag-offs and flamewars.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
Going nowhere is a very narrow minded opinion and i felt it discriminated against the rights of Australians unfairly.

never seen an american video thread been closed have you, and ive seen some pretty **** videos that, go "nowhere"

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
The Star QUEEN (hurr) said:
Glowworm, that was kind of like like the story I was going to write in Battlecow's hustling thread LOL. Except it was set in the future where Smash 64 is mostly forgotten. Battlecow's a millionare, but I strip him for everything he's worth. And it was much more dramatic.
Funny, I always had a similar fantasy. Like ~5 years down the track every good player on the server leaves, and then randomly I join it to see it's a flood of new, arrogant players. They're all like: "who is this NOOB?", but I go on to beat them all comfortably. Then they're like: "psh, but you can't beat DSC!" (I now learn that Dsc has been leading the new wave of players as the server veteran.) And I'm all like: "Dsc?! Foo's I taught that kid half of everything he knows!". Then Dsc joins the server and thinks he can take me so I MM him online and totally wipe the floor with him.

And it was the best day ever.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lolz. I like how A$ infracted me for being off-topic and then went on to say that SK had emo hair in the same thread >___>

Because emo-hair is totally on-topic.

DMoogle

A$
Lolz. I like how A$ infracted me for being off-topic and then went on to say that SK had emo hair in the same thread >___>

Because emo-hair is totally on-topic.
Going off topic is OK as long as you stay on topic too. And no, posting some garbage that's technically on-topic doesn't count.

Also, EMO HAIR.

Just had a small earthquake aftershock.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord

kys

Smash Ace
(04:33:49PM) * Joins: kys
(04:33:49PM) <Server> Info: Emulinker X v1.2: 08-24-2010
(04:33:49PM) <Server> *****************************************
(04:33:49PM) <Server> Update: This server is using Emulinker X
(04:33:49PM) <Server> By: Firo, Agent 21 iXi, and Ownasaurus
(04:33:49PM) <Server> Have any questions or suggestions?
(04:33:49PM) <Server> Please leave a message in Firobot or Agent 21 iXi's chat
(04:33:49PM) <Server> *****************************************
(04:33:51PM) Press "Drop" if your emulator fails to load the game.
(04:33:54PM) <Server> P1 Delay = 3 (3 frame delay)
(04:33:54PM) <Server> P2 Delay = 4 (4 frame delay)
(04:42:03PM) <icon> you play like a little *****, its pretty funny
(04:42:09PM) <kys> lol
(04:42:13PM) <icon> nothing but up A
(04:42:16PM) <kys> yeah it's pretty hilarious
(04:42:24PM) <kys> i only need 50% of the buttons to beat you ez
(04:42:25PM) <icon> i love starting out at 70% due to your inability to press other combinations
(04:42:27PM) <icon> LOL
(04:42:34PM) <icon> thats me mocking you
(04:42:56PM) <icon> pro
(04:44:54PM) <kys> e
(04:44:54PM) <kys> z
(04:44:57PM) <icon> ha ha
(04:45:11PM) <icon> gimping is easy, youre right
(04:47:28PM) <icon> officially bored the **** out of me, you really dont even need to do something different
(04:47:36PM) <kys> ^ true story
(04:47:41PM) <icon> LOL
(04:47:42PM) <icon> yeah
(04:47:48PM) <icon> i'd like to see you not do that
(04:47:51PM) <icon> then ill be quiet
(04:48:21PM) <icon> youre incapable of it
(04:50:19PM) <icon> good game there for sure
(04:50:24PM) <icon> especially that last one, youre pro as hell
(04:50:31PM) <kys> thanks man
(04:50:33PM) <kys> tell me something i don't know
(04:50:35PM) <icon> no problem
(04:50:49PM) <kys> you should work on getting angry over a video game
(04:50:49PM) <icon> have fun being a flaming ****** the rest of your life, you really wont be able to escape it =(
(04:50:55PM) <icon> þ0CLOSE
(04:50:57PM) * Dropped: kys (Player 2)
(04:50:58PM) <icon> þ0CLOSE
(04:50:58PM) * Dropped: icon (Player 1)

This guy icon....a real gem. I would avoid him unless you enjoy pissing people off.

DMoogle

A$
I didn't know Amazon sold N64 controllers. I usually get mine on eBay, only choosing options that advertise those with good sticks.

So, because of the hurricane and carpool complications, I need to leave tomorrow morning for JMU rather than Saturday. Sure is going to be fun, driving with like 3 hours of sleep and rushing like crazy tonight to pack everything, which I haven't started. :hulk:

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I don't remember where I bought them, just some random site. Search refurbished n64 sticks in google. They are easy to replace. You just need a jewelers screwdriver to take apart the controller and then it's pretty much just plugging it in.

:phone:

DMoogle

A$
Where do you buy sticks, and how easy is it to install them?
Do some searching, there's apparently random site that's been posted before that has a large stock of them. I'll try looking for it tomorrow if I have time.

They're super duper easy to install, you just need a tiny screwdriver to take apart the controller, and you have to be careful to make sure the buttons don't fall out (although if they do, it's not that big of a deal, since you can put them back pretty easily). There's probably a video tutorial on youtube, but you don't even need that it's so easy.

Top Bottom