• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Atleast I hope your still good in table tennis.
Ah ha! You remembered! Indeed I am, although I haven't played a terribly large amount of that, either. My friends and I did organize a solid 16-person tournament for my town a couple weekends ago and are planning on another one next Sunday before we all go back to school.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Ah ha! You remembered! Indeed I am, although I haven't played a terribly large amount of that, either. My friends and I did organize a solid 16-person tournament for my town a couple weekends ago and are planning on another one next Sunday before we all go back to school.
I havent played in over a year my table is broken =( =( =( =( =(. Hopefully I get moeny for a new one soon.

Um, this game is awesome! (don't know what I should say lol)
Trust me thats the best thing you could say =)

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I havent played in over a year my table is broken =( =( =( =( =(. Hopefully I get moeny for a new one soon.
:( :( :( :( :( indeed! My table is in rough shape (still playable), and all of my friends have cheap, junky tables, so it's rare to play on a table with some decent bounce, but fortunately at my university, they have a whole slew of nice, thick Killerspin tables.

My buddies and I recently discovered a part of the gym separated off by a giant curtain (boundary for the basketball court), and they let us put tables there and play to our heart's content!

Man, once I get a job and buy a house, I'm going to have a dedicated table tennis room with high ceilings, plenty of space, and a fancy table.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Summerslam hype hype hype

Sorry I can't stream it with you Peek, promised my friend I'd watch it with him after he finishes uni tonight.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Well...all in all it was pretty good.

Punk v Cena: Really dug the match but hate the dirty finish. IMO if they wanted the punk angle to keep going they needed him to win clean over SuperCena. Dunno what the hell Nash was doing. Most important of all I hate our new overlord Del Rio. He gets no crowd reaction so why do they keep pushing him?

Olikus

Smash Champion
Just got back from BEAST 2. It was totally ****. Played allot of 64 with many 64 players from europe. Good times. Looking forward to BEAST 3 =D

NixxxoN

Smash Master
it boggles my mind how there are ssb64 vids like this with alot of views yet none of these people like smash enough to find out about online play.
"Nerdiness" or game addiction level is not the same for everyone, to say it in a harsh way.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Smash online doesn't make you a nerd automatically- but it gets you most of the way there. There are probably a couple of guys in the community who aren't quite nerdy enough to really be designated "nerds."

Also calm down he just (presumably) flew back yesterday, lol.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
A$ vs Star King Post 12 Character Battle/ Star King to controller hype thread

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but star king, A$ and I decided we should make a hype thread. Star King and I went to A$ moneys house tonight for some console/offline emulator play. Highlight of the night was an offline emulator 12 char battle between A$ and Star King. Sorry guys, but we didn't record because we're just lowtech kinda guys I guess. So only I witnessed it, get jealous!

But seriously, you should be jealous because it was the best 12 character battle ever. Star King won by 7 stocks (2 dk, 5 ness), which is pretty damn close for a 60 stock battle. And that was with A$ counterpicking starkings' kirby with falcon ono dreamland and getting 3 stocked (ahem, +3 matchup, am I right?). But yea really close 12 char, they should do it again on malva or sheer's livestream so everyone can see cuz its intense and they're both really aggressive players. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

In other news, we played some console and star king played with an n64 controller. He did just fine, and he said its about time he started switching to controller. So everybody keep bugging him about it until he finally switches over so he can play console FULL POWER. That is all, discuss. Or not. Just thought people would want to know results of that.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Regular n64. And the lack of videos should make everyone clamor enough to make them do one on the livestream. Start clamoring.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Was there a 64 side event? If so, who won? And will there be vids?
We didnt do a tourney actually, dunno why lazy I guess. But we palyed allot of friendlies. Scary how fast fays adapted to N64 controller and started ****** as he allways do :o

Mother

Smash Rookie
Smash online doesn't make you a nerd automatically- but it gets you most of the way there. There are probably a couple of guys in the community who aren't quite nerdy enough to really be designated "nerds."

Also calm down he just (presumably) flew back yesterday, lol.
shut up you little nerd

Top Bottom