• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Is anyone getting a stupid ad that make you leave smash boards that keep popping up. I have to use ad block it was getting annoying.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Is anyone getting a stupid ad that make you leave smash boards that keep popping up. I have to use ad block it was getting annoying.
YES, even as Premium it sometimes redirects me to "All you want" or something, and then re-directs me AGAIN to some site about religious books. It happens every few days and it usually insists untill the end of that day.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Over simplifying her Character?! She just a character with a sad story that it, she does nothing in the game that make up for her lack a personality, Link had a sad story in one of his games too does that mean he have a personality no it doesn't. Most Mario characters don't have personalities.Can you kindly show me what her personality is because I don't see it.
Rosalina is a sweet, motherly person at first glance, though also seems to have a perpetual sadness to her. As a child, she was damaged and deluded, to the point where she phased out her family's death and couldn't remember it happening at all until those memories were triggered by seeing her mother's place of burial through a telescope.

Despite having found a new purpose in life as mother of the Lumas and of the cosmos, she still is visibly effected by her past, in that she needs to revisit her home every 100 years, and despite having the constant companionship of the Lumas, she has a lonely gaze in her eyes, and rarely shows more than a monotone expression to her face. Even when excited, her expression tends to be very subdued.

She's not all doom and gloom though. Far from it, in fact. As the one who gives birth to each passing universe, she displays an immensely creative mind. This is also evidenced in that she writes stories for the Lumas (meaning she's also a storied authour and has an appreciation for literature), and in how the Comet Observatory was designed by her when she was just a child (meaning she is an architect and a mechanic).

Her bios also describe her as tough, being cool and calm in the face of danger, and never letting any threat to the cosmos go without being dealt with (her bio on the Amiibo website REALLY drives this point home). Pretty evident in how she flew through Bowser's fleet unphased at the end of Galaxy, right into his base too. And she doesn't even feel pain in Smash (something Sakurai went out of his way to highlight).

She's also modest, yet confident. She is confident in that she doesn't doubt herself (for example, if you win a multiplayer game in 3D World as Rosalina, she says "That's right!", as if she expected to win), and modest in that she does not expect people to adore her, and even shares her victories in Mario Kart Wii with her Lumas, making them feel better about themselves.

She is naturally extremely caring too. She didn't hesitate to take that first Luma into her care, and takes any stranded space explorers under her wing and helps them out.

She also has a wild, thrill seeking side. Her Mario Kart bios state that she enjoys tearing up the race track, and that she specifically has a preference for bikes. She also gets REALLY excited when riding with Plessie in 3D World, notably more so than other characters, despite normally being much more reserved and quiet compared to the others.

I did my best to keep this short and I did leave certain aspects out altogether and probably missed others. But as you can see, she's FAAAAR from a one dimensional character you can easily sum up in one word, because her personality is too varied to be that. She has a lot agency, which is not only something a lot of Mario characters lack, or even just something a lot of Nintendo characters lack, but is something a lot of creators in all kinds of fictional media fail to give their characters.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well I don't know what you guys are talking about, but it's obvious who's the best Mario character out there.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Let's not start a fight over this....
The reason I made such a detailed, objective post is to prevent exactly that, because all I did was paraphrase bios and events from the games.

I won't be having an argument over that because there is nothing to argue. Facts are facts. If someone doesn't like a character based on that it's fine, but everything I said in that post is objective and nobody can refute it (I even mentioned some references).

I'm really just playing messenger boy.

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
This is a moveset that I have made entirely by myself, so enjoy:
Snails is a colt from mlp Friendship Is Magic, and is a second rep. of Trixie, his moves are based off of a deviant that I made, he is unique compared to Ness.
Netural Special: MK Flect
This is a reflector that like other reflect moves, reflects projectiles but It has something unique to this than other reflectors, it can move to all directions (Even Upright, down left, up left, and down right) except down which you can only move it down while in the air. However its projectile power will be weak if you reflect it on all sides, except if you didn't move the reflector, so if you hit it without moving it, it will be powerful than the projectile itself.
Side Special: MK RopeLock
Snails will whip out a rope like spark which will stick to walls for recovery, very useful in indoor stages, if hit on an opponent it will move forward with the rope to the opponent, and does something like C. Falcon up special.
Up Special: MK Gust
The wind will lift snails up to the air, is directional, and you can use you basic air attacks in the wind, however it has one major flaw, the wind will lift you up only if your in an outside stage, so any stage that takes place inside will be useless. Use this special on the other side of the stage to surprise you opponents, similar to the jungle japes water in that one montage video.
Down Special: MK Transfer
Snails will transfer to any characters body, and you will access to all the moves of the character you controlled including their final smash, you can only control a character for 10 seconds, after that you have to wait before it fully charges up again.
Final Smash: N/A
Up Taunt: Shines his light with horn.
Side Taunt: Spins around and says "You should not underestimate me, eh?"
Down Taunt: Makes a funny face while waggling his tongue out.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No they should! This is smash boards! SETTLE IT IN SMASH!
I'd prefer that over textual warfare.

The reason I made such a detailed, objective post is to prevent exactly that, because all I did was paraphrase bios and events from the games.

I won't be having an argument over that because there is nothing to argue. Facts are facts. If someone doesn't like a character based on that it's fine, but everything I said in that post is objective and nobody can refute it (I even mentioned some references).

I'm really just playing messenger boy.
I suppose, but I don't think making a large post is the best way out of an argument.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't really want to enter into 2 online tourneys at a time lol!
Speaking of which here's the latest match from it:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I'd prefer that over textual warfare.

I suppose, but I don't think making a large post is the best way out of an argument.
I don't mind sonicbrawler182 long post, but my opinion still stand on what I think of Rosalina as character. It's good to see a post about Rosalina that not Rosalina is my Waifu and that's it.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Do you think a mod couldmove the tournament thread I made to the Online tournament listings page? I didn't know that place really existed until moments ago, so it may be more appropriate Even though no one will see it there xD

rncb

Smash Rookie
NNID
realncb
new to smash and looking for people to play some 1v1's with. add me at realncb if you don't mind playing with someone new. trying to learn the game and haven't found offline friends yet.

D

Deleted member

So Deadpool got replaced by Mr. Dream? Where's the Little Mac mention then? :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom