• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Does anyone know if I can turn on Smash Bros without a Wii U gamepad? I'm trying to decide if I need to get a new one before I get Smash for Wii U...
You can I think. But it's better to buy a new one for other games I think. :luigimelee:

Soul.

Does anyone know if I can turn on Smash Bros without a Wii U gamepad? I'm trying to decide if I need to get a new one before I get Smash for Wii U...

Also, timid Reshiram 26-27/31/22-23/30-31/30-31/30-31. Should I keep or reset?
Those IVs are decent so keep it. If you reset, you'd have to talk to Lady Luck so that she gives you the same Reshiram.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
God, the OST of Kill la Kill is so good. Especially this one. Too bad it's the theme of probably the most hated character in the show with Ragyo. She was designed like this, so it's good.
The composer for KLK is Hiroyuki Sawano. He also did Attack on Titan's OST, which is superfab (he also did Blue Exorcist and Seven Deadly Sins, which I haven't seen, but they're big(ger) names that I know of).

He's also going to compose for Xenoblade Chronicles X, which is really neat.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is not how it's GOING to go

But this is how I see a battle between Toph and Gaara

Gaara flies in the air, turns the ground under her feet into sand. This will confuse and "blind" her.

Then crush her in a sand coffin

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Toph will flip the bird with so much HBICitude that Gaara will have an aneurysm and die on the spot.
Gaara's been given attitude by people his whole life since he was the host of a demon, and everyone treated him like he was a demon

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This is not how it's GOING to go

But this is how I see a battle between Toph and Gaara

Gaara flies in the air, turns the ground under her feet into sand. This will confuse and "blind" her.

Then crush her in a sand coffin
If they blind an already blind person Im going to be pissed
Gaara's been given attitude by people his whole life since he was the host of a demon, and everyone treated him like he was a demon
So yeah he is used to being misstreated

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I've been trying to think of a concept for an idea I might use later on, this is what I have:
"An open source MMORPG where people have the ability to create a vast world to their own design. It would revolve around a popular server deemed "Pangea". It's a slice of life mixed with fantasy focusing on the lives of many of the members.

The "history" behind the world is a a long while ago humans seem to have disappeared and their genetic experiments (I.E. humans mixed with animal traits to make a superior species) dominated the new world. Now with the discovery that humans are still existing, there is the possible struggle between the two."
And I wanted to know if this is any good for like a webcomic/web animation.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
So I've been trying to think of a concept for an idea I might use later on, this is what I have:
"An open source MMORPG where people have the ability to create a vast world to their own design. It would revolve around a popular server deemed "Pangea". It's a slice of life mixed with fantasy focusing on the lives of many of the members.

The "history" behind the world is a a long while ago humans seem to have disappeared and their genetic experiments (I.E. humans mixed with animal traits to make a superior species) dominated the new world. Now with the discovery that humans are still existing, there is the possible struggle between the two."
And I wanted to know if this is any good for like a webcomic/web animation.
Is it funny?

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
There is no way Toph is winning this, as already stated. Its a very unfair match. Crocodile from One Piece would have been a MUCH more interesting matchup for Gaara.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
*Checks Wikipedia article*
Oh, I see.

Honestly I'm a bit dissapointed in Wasp not appearing, but meh, that doesn't means the movie will be bad.
More than likely, Wasp (Janet) will appear in some flash backs where Pym is still Ant Man, and then their daughter will become Wasp in the future.
BTW guys, The sign up sheet for Speedy/Norris monthly tournament will go live in 15 minutes. May want to check out the thread.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm just sayin'

Her weaknesses are being in the air and being on sand

And Gaara has both

Soul.

I'm sorry, what is everyone talking about again?
Death Battle?

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I'm just sayin'

Her weaknesses are being in the air and being on sand

And Gaara has both
Can Toph sandbend? I forget if she can in the original Avatar show. Sandbending is an application of Earthbending, after all.

I've never seen these Death Battles, so I have no stake in the discussion. Just so that's clear.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Okay I played Bayonetta 2 for 5 hours straight last night.

Best game. Definitely one of my favorites so far. Can't wait to play more when I get home.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
You know, this makes me wonder, how many magical boys are out there?

Sure, the genre is magical GIRL, but some of them have supporting male characters that also do whatever kind of magecraft that world has and even have transformation sequences in some cases.

The only ones that come to my mind besides those five guys would be Tuxedo Mask, that green chinese kid from Cardcaptor Sakura (I truly don't remember his name), Yuuno, Chrono, Erio and Thoma from Lyrical Nanoha and I'm not sure if we should count Negi Springfield.
I've always wanted mahou shounen to be a subgenre, equivalent to mahou shoujo. Thing is, there is stuff like Sentai (so think Power Rangers), but I think that's totally different. I could think of some anime that star male characters (or supporting characters) who have fabulous transformations and all, like Kamigami no Asobi and Shugo Chara!, though it cannot compare to mahou shoujo since the magical boys aren't really the focus (for example, in Kamigami no Asobi they only transform near the end). I guess there's Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac as well haha. But yeah, a full on magical boys is fresh for the picking, since there's not a whole lot of stuff out there. Don't worry though, I expect this to be a bigger thing in the future, especially if a lot of companies learn that there is a market for this (and the more mahou shounen anime out there, the better. Thank goodness for Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!).

OMG I almost forgot about the stripping rock star anime. Well, when the boys rock out, their clothes gets ripped off by the magical power of MUSIC!! (yes, they also fight evil people with music... as in they out-preform them in songs). I mean, they do look different, so I guess it counts as a transformation. =P

There is one manga that I've read is supposed to receive an anime adaptation. I'm not sure how to classify it, though. Mahou Shoujo Ore's about a girl who transforms into a magical boy (I believe there's another girl who does the same)... so it's gender bender, however, it seems like the costumes are what you'd expect a magical girl to wear. So the boys be wearing costumes like Sailor Moon (short skirts an all)!

There's a few more that come to my mind, but I think you get the point haha. I don't like to ramble on and on

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
I cant get over how one sided this fight is. And all they had to do to make it interesting is pick another anime character with sand powers to fight Gaara (again, Crocodile)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Toph wouldn't really be able to "see" Gaara with earthbending as long as he's flying on a pile of sand. I don't see how that match-up is fair.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
1 minute until Tournament sign ups!
Toph wouldn't really be able to "see" Gaara with earthbending as long as he's flying on a pile of sand. I don't see how that match-up is fair.
We lean red later in Season 3 that Toph has slowly been able to become decent at Sand Bending (remember the snad castle? Super detailed!)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My analysis of how any character fight would play out:

1. A is fighting B in an epic duel.
2. Flashy moves, epic one-liners and all that fast paced action one expects from such a showdown!
3. The Great Evil King steps in and knocks out both with his sheer power.

The Great King always wins, even when he doesn't participate in a fight. :4ganondorf:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Can Toph sandbend? I forget if she can in the original Avatar show. Sandbending is an application of Earthbending, after all.

I've never seen these Death Battles, so I have no stake in the discussion. Just so that's clear.
Yep! In Season 3 Toph has become pretty decent at Sandbending (at leaset art wise, which I am sure can transition to battles)

Toph has been seen sand bending.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
My face when the Lylat Cruise stage kills me when I try to recover :

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But guys, think of it this way.
Sure, she can't see him if he's on sand. But remember, there's more than one way to know where someone's at (such as hearing).

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
But guys, think of it this way.
Sure, she can't see him if he's on sand. But remember, there's more than one way to know where someone's at (such as hearing).
BUT SHE CAN SEE HIM. Gosh, in the book Fire she sand bends a sand castle. She even said that she has been working on her sand bending. so she could see him.
Sorry, that shout was not shot directly to you, but I do agreee with you. We have seen toph use hearing as an asset before.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
So... I just beat Venom 2 in Star Fox 64 3D.
WHEN ALL OF MY WINGMEN WHERE SHOT DOWN IN THE PREVIOUS MISSION.
I HAVE DEFEATED A STRENGTHENED STAR WOLF BY MYSELF.
I AM A GOD.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
I just watched some old Gaara fights as a refresher of what he can do and BOY did Naruto used to have such cool lore about how its universe worked :/

Oh yea and Toph is prety much boned.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So that Touhou Smash campaign made its base goal ($10,000) in just 2½ days. Won't be surprised if it reaches it final stretch goal ($100,000).

And the more dev blog videos I watch (there's over 80 since August '14) the more happy I am I contributed to it.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

:4zss:'s UpB never seemed that weird to me at first. But the more I think about it, the more...perplex I am about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom