• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
"Social Thread 4.0 With Palutena Hot Springs" or some good Palutena goodness (or regular Pit) would still be my dream.

Alternative is "Social Thread 4.0 With Sailor Pit" (or Pit Hair Flips), inspired by this cute gem of a moment.

Seriously, Uprising has a lot of epic things in it that would be inspiring.

D

Deleted member

Can we just do "Mike Tyson's Smash 4 Social Thread 4.0" and leave it at that?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*sees thread name*

"JETHUS CWITHE!, That Thwead name looks Greafth!"

.....Okay, that was worse than an Ear Joke
...sorry

D

Deleted member

*sees thread name*

"JETHUS CWITHE!, That Thwead name looks Greafth!"

.....Okay, that was worse than an Ear Joke
...sorry
Today kids, we learn that a Mike Tyson impression translates very, very poorly into text.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm late to the Rosalina/Me!Me!Me! discussion?

I don't care for Rosalina personally, but different strokes for different blokes. I never played the Galaxy games so I don't have any personal connection. I did watch videos of her storybook, and I have no idea where people keep getting "she has an amazing story" from. It's as basic as a children's book, at best. I mean, it's more characterization than most Mario characters but still.

From a design standpoint, she's pretty much emo Peach. People insist that she isn't a princess, but that sure is a crown.
She's still very good material for the internet to work with.
I only loose faith in the internet when I look for a picture of something and they DON'T have it
Truer words have never been spoken.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Jeeze who would've thought late night smash would be full so many try hards
There's already too much fist related figures in the title.

Bite you tongue.

you really had to post mikey didn't you isma >_> btw good morning

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm late to the Rosalina/Me!Me!Me! discussion?

I don't care for Rosalina personally, but different strokes for different blokes. I never played the Galaxy games so I don't have any personal connection. I did watch videos of her storybook, and I have no idea where people keep getting "she has an amazing story" from. It's as basic as a children's book, at best. I mean, it's more characterization than most Mario characters but still.
Well, sure, "amazing" may be overdoing it, but it's still good.

As for reasons people like it.

1. The fact that there is a story in a main stay mario game to begin with interest people.

2. The music is amazing during those parts.

3. Seeing Luma and Rosalina travel the cosmos is adorable.

4. The story actually has a lesson to it. You call it a basic children book, but the lessons people can interpret can be enjoyed by most any age. There's not being caught up in the past. If someone you love dies, you shouldn't get caught up in it and learn to move on, etc.

5. The fact her mother dies in the first place. It's an actual twist because no one expects it in a Mario game.

6. Pacing. You unlock it little by little in the game so each chapter is suppose to be enjoyed separately at each part of the game rather then all at once.

There are probably other reasons, but those are ones I see and feel myself.

she's pretty much emo Peach.
You're the second person now to say that. >.>

It doesn't really make sense considering she isn't emotional.

Lastly for the princess comment, while I won't deny she might be, the fact of the matter is I don't think anyone knows.

If she is a princess, then one has to ask themselves "a princess of what?"

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Lastly for the princess comment, while I won't deny she might be, the fact of the matter is I don't think anyone knows.

No, not "emotional." I said it was from a design standpoint. She has "emo" hair, hair covering one eye. It's just the look.

Wouldn't she be the Princess of the Lumas? I don't know, but if she wasn't a princess, they wouldn't have given her a crown.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well, sure, "amazing" may be overdoing it, but it's still good.

As for reasons people like it.

1. The fact that there is a story in a main stay mario game to begin with interest people.

2. The music is amazing during those parts.

3. Seeing Luma and Rosalina travel the cosmos is adorable.

4. The story actually has a lesson to it. You call it a basic children book, but the lessons people can interpret can be enjoyed by most any age. There's not being caught up in the past. If someone you love dies, you shouldn't get caught up in it and learn to move on, etc.

5. The fact her mother dies in the first place. It's an actual twist because no one expects it in a Mario game.

6. Pacing. You unlock it little by little in the game so each chapter is suppose to be enjoyed separately at each part of the game rather then all at once.

There are probably other reasons, but those are ones I see and feel myself.

Princess of the universe.

And boom goes the Dynamite.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, since I haven't talked much as I did before I got into vacation, I think you guys does deserve a bit of an update about the minecraft stuff I'm doing :)

First, this is going quite well The blocks are essentially done, but they will hae to be redone. The gui is completely done and only suject to minor enhancement which was actually very painful to do.

As for sfx, they are currently done, but they might be subject for some changes and some are already ging to happen due to some issues with water ambient.

The next step of the project is editing the particles as well as redoing the blocks textures.

I worked a long way, but I'm not done yet.

For seeing acual progress, here:

http://imgur.com/a/RlYJM

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Isnt Brazil completely screwed when it comes to games in general? Like, how much does the PS4 cost over there? About 2000$?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The thread title sure has become a game, not that I mind. :laugh:

Isnt Brazil completely screwed when it comes to games in general? Like, how much does the PS4 cost over there? About 2000$?
$1850. Dear god, and I thought my situation was bad. (about $600 here.)

The Brazilian govt treats video games as gambling, which explains the ridiculous prices and taxes imposed.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Out of all boxers....you chose Tyson. Everyone knows that :4littlemac: wouldn't have stood a chance against this BAMF.

Oh yeah, can the next title be Woody related? :troll:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Little Known Fact about me: my hair is like Marth's but a little bushier and a little more tuft on the back. :shades:

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, can the next title be Woody related? :troll:
Smash 4 Social Thread 4.0: We've got to have money edition

because Toy Story 4

Or maybe it can be Smash 4 Social Thread 4.0 the Movie: The Rebellion Story

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

There's already too much fist related figures in the title.

Bite you tongue.

"I'M A MUTHA****IN' T-RE-"
*Punch*
"**** you, I'm mutha****in' MIKE TYSON!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Strofirko

Smash Master
I laugh everytime someone uses the argument " Brazil is the fourth gaming market on the world."

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hello everybody ! I've finished Kill la Kill today.

It's a great anime. It's maybe not the same feeling I had with the ending of Nichijou (only in the anime), but it's close. Some episodes were not great, yes. The humour at the start was not very good, but it managed to have a sense and time to time funny, especially the Mako parts, as well as the nudists.
The fights are great, the evolution of characters are extremely strong and make all of them likeable at some point. They feel real, that's for sure.
The only problem that I had with the anime ? I don't know. Maybe the plot was too complicated, with only putting a weird excuse at the end to justify the existence of the powers the clothes got. Maybe it was the reptitive twists, Shaymalan style, that made it too long. Maybe it was the two lasts episodes that were to fasts (24 and 25). But I can understand why it had a big success and why some people love the anime (and manga).

I recommend it to anyone who weird things in an intelligent manner. It's a great anime that needs to be watch. And don't worry : the hype will make you stay for sure.

Anyway, I think I'll make a pause of anime stuff. Nichijou and Kill la Kill are already enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom