• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't play Mario for the story either. Who does?

I did feel like what they did with Rosalina was pretty cool though, adding a character with a backstory (one I felt was brilliantly done at that) to a Mario game. At the same time I guess I can understand where some people would feel that was out of place. More often though it's just as simple as not caring for the character that much.

I still really like her backstory though. (and it gives me all the more reason to despise the existence of Baby Rosalina in MK8).

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
A friend told me GC adapters were really easy to get because he apparently got it on release date right before the store closed...All the stores in my area sold out long before release date, and I don't think they ever restocked. >_>

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Well, then again, the good ol' Goddess of Light may shine down and sunburn anyone who usurped the Knockle Chockler.

D

Deleted member

We all know Wario's the best hentai character, I don't know what he's worried about.
He even said he preferred Mario to be an actual plumber in Brooklyn rather than doing his trademark stuff in the Mushroom Kingdom. So does he prefer the movie to be canon too? :troll:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
As for the boring part from both you and @ Substitution Substitution , I don't really understand that considering what game series so is from. There really isn't a lot that happens with all the other characters.
Rosalina isn't the most deep written character, but at least Nintendo tried to make a Mario character more interesting by giving her a backstory and whatnot. Some spin-off series, noticeably the RPGs, have some more interesting and fun characterizations imo.

I guess I'm one who believes good story and gameplay is not mutually exclusive, especially in this day and age. The Mario series in particular is iffy, as there's going to be people who would rather have story elements kept out of the games (at least the mainline games) or don't play the games for the story, which is fine. At least, I would like to see a good platformer (maybe spin-off) in which they attempt to create an interesting story with decent characters or something (could just be an abstract game with interesting themes even). I say this because my last Mario platformer was the first Galaxy. I like gameplay, but I want to also be emotionally invested in my games as well (depending on the series. I mean, I'm not going to expect Mario Kart to suddenly have a deep, epic story like the MGS series or something. I don't buy every MK game, only the ones that interest me). It's just how I am -- good gameplay alone just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Unfortunately with Miyamoto around, I'm not sure if I'll get my dream game.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, then again, the good ol' Goddess of Light may shine down and sunburn anyone who usurped the Knockle Chockler.
And she's lovely. I couldn't think of anything else at the time. It'll get to me sometime. >_<

Soul.

Lol Little Mac noobs going full tryhard mode while I just stand there, doing nothing, waiting for the back throw.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone make a gif of Luigi just standing still as little mac kills himself

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Why is it that every time I come to smashboards this thread had a different name???

D

Deleted member

Oh, you know what's funny? If you don't change your icon from one containing Rosalina to something else, Mariotehplumber will block you for no reason at all. It's just because of the character. I know this thanks to, well, his amiibo video comments. She must be his no. 2 main target, right after Modern Sonic.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to buy Smash 4 wii u BTW

But it's sold out!!!

I wanna get it before the deal is up

Edit: I think certain members might like this

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
@[obnox
Rosalina isn't the most deep written character, but at least Nintendo tried to make a Mario character more interesting by giving her a backstory and whatnot. Some spin-off series, noticeably the RPGs, have some more interesting and fun characterizations imo.

I guess I'm one who believes good story and gameplay is not mutually exclusive, especially in this day and age. The Mario series in particular is iffy, as there's going to be people who would rather have story elements kept out of the games (at least the mainline games) or don't play the games for the story, which is fine. At least, I would like to see a good platformer (maybe spin-off) in which they attempt to create an interesting story with decent characters or something (could just be an abstract game with interesting themes even). I say this because my last Mario platformer was the first Galaxy. I like gameplay, but I want to also be emotionally invested in my games as well (depending on the series. I mean, I'm not going to expect Mario Kart to suddenly have a deep, epic story like the MGS series or something. I don't buy every MK game, only the ones that interest me). It's just how I am -- good gameplay alone just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Unfortunately with Miyamoto around, I'm not sure if I'll get my dream game.
Did someone say.... Mutually exclusive?!

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How about Smash 4 Social Thread 4.0. & Luigi?

Also, I'm heading to bed before it gets too late here again, I was restless last night and I need to catch up on my sleep because of it.

In reference to the potential "Smash 4 Social Thread 4.0.0 & Luigi", I leave you tonight with a song that contains maximum overswag.

(seriously, this really is how E. Gadd's theme should've sounded in Dark Moon. Haven't gotten far into the game at all yet, but I know about E. Gadd's new theme, and the lack of funky beats like the original one had was disappointing to me)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"Social Thread 4.0 & Luigi (now with more Death Stare)" sounds cool

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ok I have another idea
"Smash 4 Kawaii Social Thread 4.0 & Rocket Racoon with Tamales (now with more desu)"

Soul.

How about Smash 4 Social Thread 4.0. & Luigi?

Also, I'm heading to bed before it gets too late here again, I was restless last night and I need to catch up on my sleep because of it.

In reference to the potential "Smash 4 Social Thread 4.0.0 & Luigi", I leave you tonight with a song that contains maximum overswag.

(seriously, this really is how E. Gadd's theme should've sounded in Dark Moon. Haven't gotten far into the game at all yet, but I know about E. Gadd's new theme, and the lack of funky beats like the original one had was disappointing to me)
Only if Mario is added to the title as well. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am so happy that part of the Gravity Falls community agrees with me that Gruncle Stan(ford) is going to try and use the portal to get Stanley

A chunk of it believes he's trying to get ultimate power and take on Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom