• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Was that ¥ intentional?
Yes, yes it was. :3
2009 wasn't that bad I suppose, it had some good moments. I thought about joining YouTube in that year, but since it wasn't going very well for me I waited until 2010. Good thing I did, and 2010 became the best year I've ever experienced.
Hell yeah man, I'm glad to hear. For me in 2009 I finally broke out of my awkward shell. Social anxiety wasn't so bad after that either.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well, I watched the first episode of Kill la Kill. And I have to say, the animation is really good.
Also, all the characters can be described as either dumb or, you guessed it :
Also, there's one character that make me think of an other animator, but on Newgrounds/Youtube.
Pretty much the same in terms of looks.

But anyway, I'll keep watching this, it looks good. At least it's intelligent in the boobs and sex joke, so it's okay.

Last edited:

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Well, I watched the first episode of Kill la Kill. And I have to say, the animation is really good.
Also, all the characters can be described as either dumb or, you guessed it :
Also, there's one character that make me think of an other animator, but on Newgrounds/Youtube.

But anyway, I'll keep watching this, it looks good. At least it's intelligent in the boobs and sex joke, so it's okay.
That anime is so stupid but so good at the same time.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335

Oh... dude... Aikuro gets much more ridiculous throughout the episodes. XD

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I just tried that Mac Nair "combo."

The timing is ridiculously easy to pull off once you find the rhythm.

It was also hilarious and so, so satisfying to do, even on a static CPU.

D

Deleted member

Hell yeah man, I'm glad to hear. For me in 2009 I finally broke out of my awkward shell. Social anxiety wasn't so bad after that either.
Indeed. 2010 was the only remotely great year of the decade. It sucks for the fact that the years that followed didn't continue the momentum. They were either mediocre or meh.. at least for me. I don't think 2011 was that bad. It was okay at best (for me). 2013 and 2014 were okay too (the latter was much better though).

In January 1, I repurposed my DA and YouTube accounts and now use them as personal accounts.. meaning I'd use them for simple stuff, such as commenting on something, liking a video / favoriting a drawing, you know, that stuff. I wouldn't close my accounts, but I won't use them as much as I did in the past years. For that reason I'm removing all references concerning those accounts.. everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
also FnaF is overrated.
I certainly didn't find the lore as addictive or interesting as I was told. That said, it's really good as strategy/resource management game, and I liked the jump-scares too. :p

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Wario Land :4wario2: is the best Wario, unlike :4wario: from Wario Ware.
But Sakurai doesn't think that way and prefers to be a jerk about it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's official, my mom sucks so hard at Mario Kart 8. She can't drift properly went told to do so, can't use items at the right time, and accuse me of cheating when I'm much more experience. I bet a casual like her is better off sticking to Wii Fit and Wii Sports, even if she's SOOOO experienced at the NES and Atari.

Soul.

I certainly didn't find the lore as addictive or interesting as I was told. That said, it's really good as strategy/resource management game, and I liked the jump-scares too. :p
That's fine. I just don't like the concept is all.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
It's official, my mom sucks so hard at Mario Kart 8. She can't drift properly went told to do so, can't use items at the right time, and accuse me of cheating when I'm much more experience. I bet a casual like her is better off sticking to Wii Fit and Wii Sports, even if she's SOOOO experienced at the NES and Atari.
"Casuals are sh*t" sums pretty much what you've said, even though you maybe didn't want to sound this way.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's official, my mom sucks so hard at Mario Kart 8
Now that a bit harsh for you to say she sucks. Mean if I say so myself. So very ****ing mean

She can't drift properly went told to do so.
What are you, Her mother?

I bet a casual like her is better off sticking to Wii Fit and Wii Sports, even if she's SOOOO experienced at the NES and Atari.
Don't be a prick about your mother
Even if my father sucked at Mario Kart 8 I wouldn't have said all this stuff.
I like to respect my elders

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
(UNRELATED)

I was playing Brawl when I noticed that in the taunt where Ganondorf levitates a bit and chortles, his feet don't fully touch the ground if you use it immediately again. Like, one foot will just barely touch the ground with the tip of his toes, but other than that that's it. This means that Ganondorf has the only confirmed case of infinite flight in Super Smash Bros. Besides Master Hand/Crazy hand, of course.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now that a bit harsh for you to say she sucks. Mean if I say so myself. So very ****ing mean
I'm pretty sure she would do much better using a Classic Controller than a Wii Remote because of the forced motion controls for turning. Even after showing her how to properly do so with that controller, she couldn't balance her vehicle correctly with the stick or hold the Right Trigger long enough. So she arrogantly thinks she can easily win a race without drifiting, which is nigh impossible on tracks like Rainbow Road and Dry Dry Desert.

Perhaps this is the moment where she's better off seeing how things work with a Wiimote, though I doubt things would be easier. Her vehicle stats are perfectly fine, but she needs to improve if she doesn't want to complain about being last place everytime. :/

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Hey guys!
How is of the are you be doing?
Is the or you and being the good?
I am the being good.

D

Deleted member

I agree 9000x with this. Wario Land Wario > WarioWare Wario

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
So she arrogantly thinks she can easily win a race without drifiting, which is nigh impossible on tracks like Rainbow Road and Dry Dry Desert.
Its possible, just take A LOT of patience. did you show her once and expect her to know right off the bat how to do it after one time? You may need to show her more then once. I did that with my dad but strangely, He learned to drift on his own in Mario Kart Wii XD
I'm pretty sure she would do much better using a Classic Controller than a Wii Remote because of the forced motion controls for turning. Even after showing her how to properly do so with that controller, she couldn't balance her vehicle correctly with the stick or hold the Right Trigger long enough. So she arrogantly thinks she can easily win a race without drifiting, which is nigh impossible on tracks like Rainbow Road and Dry Dry Desert.

Perhaps this is the moment where she's better off seeing how things work with a Wiimote, though I doubt things would be easier. Her vehicle stats are perfectly fine, but she needs to improve if she doesn't want to complain about being last place everytime. :/
You could of just said She needed to get the hang of controls instead of saying " Hurr duur shes a casual that cant play good" Thats what is sure sounded like

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Dude, you gave her like the worst controller to play with. The WiiMote is worst controller for all games, that's why people uses the Nunchuk, the Classic/Pro controller or a Gamecube controller. But a WiiMote alone is bad. Really bad.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Dude, you gave her like the worst controller to play with. The WiiMote is worst controller for all games, that's why people uses the Nunchuk, the Classic/Pro controller or a Gamecube controller. But a WiiMote alone is bad. Really bad.
Thats why I never play Mario Kart at my college, I refuse to play with the Wiimote

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I know this has been said a million times, but **** Blue shells.
Decided to play Nintendo Land and MK8 because I didn't touch it in a while, and I just had the worst online match ever xD

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Its possible, just take A LOT of patience. did you eve bother teaching her how to Drift hand to hand instead of just saying" drift here" ITs best if you show a parent on the controller how to do it and lets them watch you. I did that with my dad but strangely, He learned to drift on his own in Mario Kart Wii XD

You could of just said She needed to get the hang of controls instead of saying " Hurr duur shes a casual that cant play good" Thats what is sure sounded like
I didn't think of it that way, having her look at my hands while explaining in technical terms could work. As a matter of a fact, it's would be much better to teach her the advanced techniques for a least an hour before she race. While Mario Kart is one of those games where you can pick up and play, there are many other advanced techniques that you need to learn if you want to win.

I'll just call of the game and allow her to practice until she gets better. It just doesn't feel truly fun if you can't race on an equal level. As for that casuals insult, it's just me with my game face on and trying to show off (Which is one of my few personality flaws). Though I did say that she needs to improve in order to truly enjoy the game since she finds Galaga even better than MK8. Practice makes perfect and you will be needing it if you ever want conquer games that are out of your league (Reminds me of how I used to hate RPG's until I get a hang of the system and know what proper strategies to concoct in fights). If you're curious, those RPG's were none other than Pokemon Red and Final Fantasy 1.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Thats why I never play Mario Kart at my college, I refuse to play with the Wiimote
The worst is Zelda Skyward Sword. Sweet baby Jesus the controls were bad with the Wiimote. I've even searched for a way to play it with the gamecube controller. There was no way.

Yeah, I don't really like the Zelda universe, especially 3d ones. You give Ocarina of Time, I sleep because I found it boring. Let the hate of Zelda fans roll on me.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
While Mario Kart is one of those games where you can pick up and play, there are many other advanced techniques that you need to learn if you want to win.
You don't need to know then to win, you can will completely without them. Also To much stuff to learn might make her not want to play anymore. My mom is like that. If there is other stuff she has to learn onto of the other stuff, she will lose interest
Also again DONT BE AN ASS TO YOUR MOM

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Decided to play Nintendo Land and MK8 because I didn't touch it in a while, and I just had the worst online match ever xD
Be glad MK8 is not as bad as MKWii.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
The worst is Zelda Skyward Sword. Sweet baby Jesus the controls were bad with the Wiimote. I've even searched for a way to play it with the gamecube controller. There was no way.

Yeah, I don't really like the Zelda universe, especially 3d ones. You give Ocarina of Time, I sleep because I found it boring. Let the hate of Zelda fans roll on me.
I cant hate anyone, I'm too ****ing noice. I think OoT was pretty fun myself. I never had a N64 so I got the 3DS one. But if it is boring to you, I can understand, this IS a lot of running around and Epona is too stupid to relay on in that game

D

Deleted member

Blue shells may be bad (I feel you lol), but they actually balance the game out. MKW elitists though...
And Nintendo Land is so 2012, and that was a bad year to begin with. :troll:
NL is good but you get the point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

He doesn't want to alter his moveset, most likely. Nonetheless, WL Wario is better.
Be glad MK8 is not as bad as MKWii.
...Those Blue Shells. Ugh. I remember those days when I was playing MKWii again in 2012. It was in Mushroom Gorge; I tried to win and this person with an egg head Mii (who always yells when he loses a race) tells me "you're bad." The salt was real.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I agree with everyone here,I expect zelda u to fail just because isn't the witcher 3.

Last edited:

Soul.

Smogon is now having a voter identification thread for the Greninja suspect test.
Sleep well, little frog. May we see you again in OU next gen, where you'll be probably not as overcentralizing as in ORAS OU.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Smogon is now having a voter identification thread for the Greninja suspect test.
Sleep well, little frog. May we see you again in OU next gen, where you'll probably not be as overcentralizing as in ORAS OU.
Smogonfrog too? Smogon sure loves their banhammer this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom