• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

LuCKy

Smash Master
Why is everyone so worried about keeping up appearances?

Say what you mean, mean what you say.

*****s arent gonna sit here and be mad IRL, and if they are, did you REALLY wanna chill with them anyway?
THE ****? you want some too alan?

first champs tourney then genesis 2. fox is makin a come back baby. . . . when he isnt hungryn dying from insomnia LOOOL

Kira-

Smash Champion
Eddy freaakkinnn raaaaaapes wtf i didnt even know he went to a tourney. Good **** eddy

This was a fun thread to read =) Definitely enjoyed my popcorn. Baka 4 moe is a champ =)

well suck it
LOL I remember back when I had to explain for hours to you and Connor about the PR... I shoulda just done ^that instead. but then you guys woulda been mad at me for awhile lol

The moment this game starts being mainly about where I'm going to be placed on a list rather than just having fun and enjoying the basic challenge of improving myself and helping others do the same is the moment I should stop playing.
IMO if you're playing for fun and improving then you'll go up in rank. If you're worried about the list you'll stagnate or move down.

If you have to argue your way for a spot, you probably don't deserve it that bad.
TRUTH

HugS™

Smash Lord
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Get ****ing ***** Joey.

Alright, I'm playing again now. Anyone down to practice today/tomorrow before Champ's this saturday?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
noob perspective:

mango-ffff
zhu-#2? step it up zhu to keep it =D
fly-should be #2 imo lol
hugs-should be one spot higher, if he went to more stuff
lovage-fine where he is
s2j-tie imo. ^
macd-^
lucky-wtf gotta get higher next time
eddy-awesome
wes-#10? hard to think of where else to place him
kira-fine where he is i guess, maybe kira and wes can switch
LARRY-YEEEEEEEEEEEE
connor-he still plays?
alex19-idk, fine place i guess
atlus-he's pr material? never seen him play before, but he seems like he's a bro
24-gay *** ******, but ****ing solid
stab-^
waste-LEGIT HOMIE
baka/sunny-mm for 19th

"GET EM SUNNY

-MacD"

macd is cracking up reading this post.

i'm rooting for you though baka. go get em

HugS™

Smash Lord
"Originally Posted by HugS™
A player is considered active if the following conditions are met:

- If the said player is ranked during the previous period, he must attend at least 1 tournament.

- If he is not ranked during the previous period, he must attend at least 2 tournaments."

I just now realized that this rule makes me active this period. Originally I had not wanted to be ranked cuz I didn't feel I met the activity requirement.

And I'm surprised I remained 4th, but I didn't count on Joey sucking the sickest chode this period. LOOOOOL F***. That's what you get for laughing at me for every game I try picking up, especially counter strike. Keep investing sick time into MvC3 while placing below Danimals, B****! LOOOOOOL

Alright but in all seriousness, that baka4moe thing was 10000% fluke.

Also, I deeply need to practice as I can see myself losing quite easily to Lovage, Johnny, Wes, and MacD right now. And obviously those ranked above me.

I'll go this saturday if I find ranked people to practice with today/tomorrow, who's down? Otherwise I'll just hold off till the next tourney when I get more playing in.

DJMirror

Smash Master
And I'm surprised I remained 4th, but I didn't count on Joey sucking the sickest chode this period. LOOOOOL F***. That's what you get for laughing at me for every game I try picking up, especially counter strike. Keep investing sick time into MvC3 while placing below Danimals, B****! LOOOOOOL
loooooooool

MacD

Banned via Administration
LOL I remember back when I had to explain for hours to you and Connor about the PR... I shoulda just done ^that instead. but then you guys woulda been mad at me for awhile lol
that's cause we kept bugging you in person

... well that, and i'm a ***** haha

Lovage

Smash Hero
hugo i'm down to play today/tomorrow, too bad there's no easy place to play, might be going down at brendans on friday though if you're down. i'll ask him.

personal comments about the PR:

hugs - left on a great tournament performance so wasn't punished for his inactivity as hard as he coulda been, also me/s2j's performances weren't amazing enough to put ourselves above him (but fly's definitely was.)

lucky - sucked absolute elephant chode at most of the tournies he went too LOL, pretty much goes w/o saying. if he went to pound he probably woulda took it seriously and did hella good so we woulda kept him at LEAST top 5, but sadly he stayed in socal and got brutalized

larry - same as hugo pretty much. eddy, connor and kira are all in the same boat more or less, sadly they had good enough wins this period to keep them in the top 15. in the fairest sense they're not the most deserving of their spots (cept kira) but the skill level pretty much plummets after them

stab - i personally wished we coulda ranked you higher but because you attend pretty much every tournament you had enough bad losses to weigh down your good wins. i do think you've improved though.

waste, baka and sunny - you all barely scratched the surface of the PR, had very few wins on ranked players but show potential. waste/sunny u shouldn't be bragging about ****** baka in february since that literally means nothing for your case on the PR, beating other unranked players is about the last thing we look at when trying to fill the last spots on the rankings. you both made it on mostly for your wins over hyprid.

sung - had a great win over stab but didn't have enough tournament attendance to keep going with it, another impressive win or two over ranked players and you'd pretty much be a lock for top 20 this period.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I was gonna get more at Joey, but HugS said it best!

I expected some more drama over all this! I haven't hooked up my cube since last June and I got on there without too much effort! Sup?!

SNG

Smash Journeyman
Lol. Lovage, if you know jesse and i, you would know we are both very modest people. Jesse may sound like a douche on the boards sometimes but thats because hes just trolling.

But anyway. Neither of us were bragging about anything. If anything, jesse didnt even say anything. I just wanted to have baka know that he isnt significantly better than jesse if at all.

HugS™

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm down for today and/or tomorrow. Just let me know online, I got no phone still LOL

D

Deleted member

1. mango

2. zhu- since pound hasn't done much (more like 0 tourneys) but unlike other people hasn't been getting rocked because he didn't go to any tourneys

3. fly- on a ****** tear, holds strong wins over m2k and hbox in tourney and no longer is wildcard status (imo).

4. hugs-did good at wgf, not much else. Nothing much to say but if he practiced and went to tourneys again most likely would do well.

5. Oscar- ****** everyone. won like 3 tourneys in a row assassinating everybody. In my mind, he's CURRENTLY better than Hugo but Hugo can practice his way back up and beat him

6. Me- Didn't really do much this period lol, i'm probably the most correct spot in the PR though.

7. MacD- hard counters Fly but loses fairly consistently to me and Oscar and others.

8. Lucky- suked a fat chode this period... No doubt though he can work his way back up even though i'm gunna keep ****** him. that's what he gets for playing mvc3 and sf4, idiot

9. eddy- went to few tourneys but each tourney he goes to goes on a crazy ****** streak. Strong, smart player. Beat me at WGF

10. Wes- Hard counters me but otherwise loses to everyone else including a rusty lucky. Also drops sets randomly quite often to people he shouldn't lose to although he usually does a lot better in losers

11. Kira- rusty, but still good. Nothing much to say. Near the beginning he had some horrid losses (SQUID?? WTF) but most likely rustiness

12. DEHF-few tournaments, but had some very strong placements after a not so good start losing to stab. Despite being the same relatively skill level for about a year and a half he still pulls off great wins. Beat Lucky at WGF and Kira at a GREV. If it weren't for brawl he'd probably be top 10.

13. Connor- his retired *** is still better than most. Connors a guy who hasn't even realized his full potential yet.

14.Alex19- rusty as hell but still a lot better than people worse than him. The list starts to drop severely in skill and these rusty oldies are still better than the aspiring youngsters

15. atlus- his non-trying ***** *** still beats people like stab, wes, and baka. nuff said

16. 24- despite the hate people give this guy hes actually not that bad. plays like a homoe but plays like a homoe well

17. stab- Pulls off wins when he shouldn't and loses when he shouldn't. Goes up 1 spot because people above him are MIA. stab SUX

18. W.A.S.T.E.- I don't know a thing about this guy except he gets ranked after a victory over Baka4moe and Hyprid. Hope he goes to more tourneys so everyone can better evaluate how good he is

19. Baka4moe- the newest, aspiring socal n00b who is a smash ****, trying to team with all the best players. Gullible as ****, baka4moe is the local nub that goes to all the tourneys, but unlike other nubs, aspires to get better. He's been getting better a lot and has his share of both good wins and bad loses.

20. Sunny- beat baka4moe in pools..... and hyprid...

close:

Sung- beat Stab, which should be a bigger accomplishment than beating baka4moe and hyprid, and other decent unranked such as Peligro

Peligro- solid, beat Baka4moe, but sadly lost to Bone in a 'controversial set'.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i really like your post johnny, it makes a lot of sense.

EXCEPT

i have settled with a teammate now. no more asking other people, unless he and i don't show up to the same tourney. :)

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
18. W.A.S.T.E.- I don't know a thing about this guy except he gets ranked after a victory over Baka4moe and Hyprid. Hope he goes to more tourneys so everyone can better evaluate how good he is
I don't know anything about myself either other than I got ranked after victories over Baka4moe and Hyprid. It's as much of a mystery to me as it is to you.

noob perspective:

waste-LEGIT HOMIE
:cool:

hugo i'm down to play today/tomorrow, too bad there's no easy place to play, might be going down at brendans on friday though if you're down. i'll ask him.

waste, baka and sunny - you all barely scratched the surface of the PR, had very few wins on ranked players but show potential. waste/sunny u shouldn't be bragging about ****** baka in february since that literally means nothing for your case on the PR, beating other unranked players is about the last thing we look at when trying to fill the last spots on the rankings. you both made it on mostly for your wins over hyprid.
I've never ***** anyone. Yes, I've beaten people, but I wouldn't say I *****. Baka and I went to third match and last stock or something like that. That isn't really something I can brag about nor do I want to brag about it. A game is a game is a game.

D

Deleted member

a win is a ****, doesn't matter how close

unless u are a veteran lol then ur given the benefit of the doubt, sad but true

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
nice list. I'm surprised stab only went up a spot. I was under the impression he got really good :(

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
If I lived in socal, where would you (Oscar/Johnny) place me?

I don't know the skill level of all these new and upcoming rock stars, so I'm interested in seeing where I would place.

I ask oscar/s2j cuz they saw me at p5.

also: I want to mm #16-20 the next time we meet.

Lovage

Smash Hero
If I lived in socal, where would you (Oscar/Johnny) place me?

I don't know the skill level of all these new and upcoming rock stars, so I'm interested in seeing where I would place.

I ask oscar/s2j cuz they saw me at p5.

also: I want to mm #16-20 the next time we meet.
you're better than all of the new kids at the moment, but some of them show a lot of promise in my eyes and could beat you in like 3 months.

(speaking of pound 5 tafokints)

LuCKy

Smash Master
8. Lucky- suked a fat chode this period... No doubt though he can work his way back up even though i'm gunna keep ****** him. that's what he gets for playing mvc3 and sf4, idiot
piece of **** LOL marvel n sf had absolutely nothing to do with it. im still confident that i **** just ive been going to melee tourneys with some horrible sleep n thats my only john. i havt played melee once since the last tourney and like a hour of marvel every day.

n i guarantee im gonna get top 3 this weekend

ill bet anyone 5 bucks on it *id bet more but 5 bucks is a lot of money to me lately since ive been getting ****** loool

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
I beat Altus in winners finals this period, too -.-

aside from that, this list is pretty solid. I got targets on everyone's back. Grats to the newcomers. Let's hope this period is as exciting as the last one.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Hey Joey, Danny told me you wanted to play me in SF.

Out of curiosity, do you use a stick or a pad?

LuCKy

Smash Master
stick

n yea i always wanted to play you and ryan. there was a point when i really wanted to take sf seriously but danny would never take me to the arcade or to play with you guys and he was my only ride lol so i slowly gave up

LuCKy

Smash Master
piece of **** LOL marvel n sf had absolutely nothing to do with it. im still confident that i **** just ive been going to melee tourneys with some horrible sleep n thats my only john. i havt played melee once since the last tourney and like a hour of marvel every day.

n i guarantee im gonna get top 3 this weekend

ill bet anyone 5 bucks on it *id bet more but 5 bucks is a lot of money to me lately since ive been getting ****** loool
this was directedat johnny n oscar *COUGH*

loool lets go *******s

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman

Alright, so I was looking a the PR and I decided I would make a list of the people on it I think it'd be extremely difficult for me to beat, even if I was trying my hardest(not necessarily playing at my best, because that's something no one can completely control).

(assumes the other player is playing at their average skill level or slightly above)
Very unlikely:
Mango
Lucky
Fly

Unlikely:
Lovage
Connor
Atlus(My match-up vs puff is ****)

Unknown(I've never played them):
DEHF
Alex19

Discuss <3

PS: I really do sandbag pretty much everyone I play besides a few close friends who would swear I was one of the most amazing players they've seen(I'm like mew2king, but with excellent reaction time(137 MS) and on the spot creativity). I actually hope none of you believe me, because it will make the day I decide to put my best foot forward all the more impressive.

PPS: Is it hard to tell whether I'm trolling or not? Because that's what I was going for :3

PPPS: Wouldn't I be the most badass player of all time if I was serious and followed through with this? lol ;)

Top Bottom