• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
PS: I really do sandbag pretty much everyone I play besides a few close friends who would swear I was one of the most amazing players they've seen(I'm like mew2king, but with excellent reaction time(137 MS) and on the spot creativity). I actually hope none of you believe me, because it will make the day I decide to put my best foot forward all the more impressive.
show dont tell
PPS: Is it hard to tell whether I'm trolling or not? Because that's what I was going for :3
that just means youre trying to sound like a ***
PPPS: Wouldn't I be the most badass player of all time if I was serious and followed through with this? lol ;)
i guess
nobody really cares about anyhting but results

Jun.

Smash Lord
Dude Lanstar you lost to Baka in a $20 mm

137 ms response is terrible. Mine is like 8-15 ms in visual to motor response.

Even if you're trolling you still made the post. You don't go ride airplanes joking that you have a bomb

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
Well, I beat him at fusion, but since dittos don't mean much I suppose it's up in the air.

Edit: I believe he beat me back in November though(He acutally wrecked me, 3 stocking me game 1 and either 2 or 3 stocking me game 2)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

mini sucks

but i thought response time varies depending on the test, yeah? like 137 is pretty good for some of the tests, i thought..

LuCKy

Smash Master
Joey! I'm down to go to your place to play Melee or SF! No MvC3, so don't it bring up!
NICEEEE

you still get wednesday off? lemme know some details.

n thats fine ill just have to wipe the dust off of my sakura lool

n you ever play brave fencer musashi? or has steven? one of you two has to have played it

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
stick

n yea i always wanted to play you and ryan. there was a point when i really wanted to take sf seriously but danny would never take me to the arcade or to play with you guys and he was my only ride lol so i slowly gave up
I'll tell him to bring you the next time we decide to play SF or go to the arcade. Though nowadays he's all about Marvel which sucks...

I might go to Champs tourney tomorrow so we can play there, if you do end up going (right now, it's lookin to be about a 50% chance of me going).

LuCKy

Smash Master
yea i mean danny stopped caring about sf about a 2 months before marvel came out. either that or he was conveniently using marvel as a excuse to not care when i started ****** him lol but since he was my only person to play, i stopped as well.

id probably suck nuts if i played now though so dont get your hopes up about me about me being anywhere close to decent lol

embracethe12

Smash Lord
NICEEEE

you still get wednesday off? lemme know some details.

n thats fine ill just have to wipe the dust off of my sakura lool

n you ever play brave fencer musashi? or has steven? one of you two has to have played it

it's he first game i ever bought with my own money

playstation brave fencer musashi

best voice actors, good storyline, everyone and everything in the game is named after food. music is done by square enix so it has an amazing soundtrack. god that game is so awesome.

my only disappointment was the sequel that came out several years later. brave fencer musashi 2 is also really good, but the voice actors are so horrible compared to the first that i can't stand it at all.

tldr; OF COURSE I PLAYED THAT GAME LUCKY. ITS MY MOST FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME.

LuCKy

Smash Master
DUDE! it was my first ps1 game too LOL. . . mommy paid for it though :] but jesus i was replaying it and it always was and still is my favorite ps1 game lol . . . .n dont you dare mention the ps2 sequal. .>.>

joeplicate

Smash Master
LAAAAAAAAAAAANSTARRRRRR

IF ONLY YOu had stopped sandbagging you would be

TWENTY DOLLARS RICHER!!!!

for real though, the first step to improving is to let go of your ego

and it seems like you've never really been able to do that

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
<3

I wasn't sandbagging Baka. I hadn't eaten anything all day, except for a banana when I woke up, and I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep. Baka was kind of freaking out before the match and I told him he shouldn't worry because it was the best possible time for him to play me that day.

Beyond all that, I've never really had to worry about letting anyone down but myself. That's something I'd prefer not to experience again. I don't plan on doing anymore money matchs with side bets involved again.

TL;DR Johns

The post from before was obviously for lols, the idea just came to me in the library and I wanted to see what people would say. I basically know where I really stand as a player. I think I'm generally at least somewhat underestimated, but I'm not amazing.

I do honestly believe I'm better than Daniel, and possibly PR worthy. However, I don't expect any of you to believe this, and I know the only way to truly establish this is to demonstrate it, so that's what I'm working towards.

<3

Kira-

Smash Champion
I know it's not a joke, but I hope with all of my carbon-based molecules that it is.

Lovage

Smash Hero
ROFLLLLLLL

another prime example of my theory that jason is secretly a ****ing villainous mastermind toying with all of us

Kira-

Smash Champion
ROFLLLLLLL

another prime example of my theory that jason is secretly a ****ing villainous mastermind toying with all of us
if only =(

If that were true I would feel much better about society, about human beings, about our future, about evolution and adaptation, about how we learn, about how everything I say is heard with glazed over eyes and ears that cannot understand, about robots, about morality, about relationships, about strength, about motivation, about passion, about....

Kira-

Smash Champion
Good conjecture Jeremy, but actually my aviation hobby was waylaid by my responsibilities of the hedge fund I'm interning with. I now need to borrow someone's Bachelors in Financial Markets so I can legally begin my own trading portfolio.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Good conjecture Jeremy, but actually my aviation hobby was waylaid by my responsibilities of the hedge fund I'm interning with. I now need to borrow someone's Bachelors in Financial Markets so I can legally begin my own trading portfolio.
(you sure it isn't bacterial flagellar motor?)

Top Bottom