• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

baka4moé

Smash Champion
im not a panelist so i cant change the rankings, but im just curious, why is fiction so high? im not against it, just want to know what results he has.

also hell yeah a rookie

D

Deleted member

If we go with Sung's last proposal:

1. Mango
2. S2J
3. Fly
4. Wes
5. Lovage
6. Lucky
7. Eddy
8. Connor
9. Fiction
10. Stab
11. Sung
12. Baka
13. J666
14. Khepri
15. A Rookie

Any objections?
NONE

and if there are some placements WRONG at the bottom simply more incentive for people to face each other

you can even do top 4~ round robin if you'd like if u are sick of westballz destroying everyone and want other matchups to happen

==

plz update fly asap

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Since it's been a year from the last update a ton of sets are either forgotten or are irrelevant now. So I think this list won't be super accurate or anything, just as something to start from. The only way the PR will matter+make the most sense is if it's regularly updated.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Connor only show up to teach the noobs that he's still one of da bestttttttt regardless of how much time they put innnnnnnnn!!!!!!

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
@Adam:

I don't know about Socal, but Norcal's smash scene is thriving. Ya'll just need a little re-invigoration. Have your top players put on training camps for noobs. It sounds dumb but I bet you there are tons of scrubby scrubs out there that would love to learn everything the "pros" know.

By imparting smash knowledge and wisdom you create a higher level of competitive play and force the scene to re-invigorate and progress itself to new levels.

Good players only want to play with good players and don't give noobs the time of day it feels like. Makes me sad :(

WestBallz

Smash Ace
Actually fiction shouldn't be so high even though he is better he doesn't have ANY results backing his skill up. I say put him on da bottom of the list. And stab u got a long way to go before ur top 7. IMO u should be improving ur tech skill and u should stop playing like such a *****. Seriously learn to shield pressure and start mixing things up so ur not soo ****ing predictable. Your worst trait as a player is being predictable. Start mixing **** up dude.

:phone:

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Actually fiction shouldn't be so high even though he is better he doesn't have ANY results backing his skill up. I say put him on da bottom of the list. And stab u got a long way to go before ur top 7. IMO u should be improving ur tech skill and u should stop playing like such a *****. Seriously learn to shield pressure and start mixing things up so ur not soo ****ing predictable. Your worst trait as a player is being predictable. Start mixing **** up dude.

That straight forward **** just made me spit up my hot chocolate all over my laptop. ****ING RESPECT.

D

Deleted member

adam's comment isn't really reflective of socal, especially cuz sung, c blur are running the **** out of socal and pretty much keeping the scene alive (tourneys, weekly smashfests)

tournament wise locals aren't even much different from norcal. Substitute shroomed for x good player in socal and it's pretty much the same thing. socal is as alive as norcal, except irony of socal is that our middle PR are all people who barely go and are still considered (much) better than the people who go to way more tourneys

and a good number of socal pros will help n00bs if they ASK. which ive already posted more than a few times not to be afraid to play friendlies/ ask for help (which they do)

with that being said, PHUCK yall. socal smash was way more fun when i was rank 14, step it up n00bs

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
adam's comment isn't really reflective of socal, especially cuz sung, c blur are running the **** out of socal and pretty much keeping the scene alive (tourneys, weekly smashfests)

tournament wise locals aren't even much different from norcal. Substitute shroomed for x good player in socal and it's pretty much the same thing. socal is as alive as norcal, except irony of socal is that our middle PR are all people who barely go and are still considered (much) better than the people who go to way more tourneys

and a good number of socal pros will help n00bs if they ASK. which ive already posted more than a few times not to be afraid to play friendlies/ ask for help (which they do)

with that being said, PHUCK yall. socal smash was way more fun when i was rank 14, step it up n00bs
My limited knowledge and the down play of the scene by Adam is what sparked my comment. The only thing I know of Socal is every once in a while you guys come up to Norcal, party/smash, and go to Rule 6 tournies LOL.

Thanks Johnny. Adam stop being a whiny demeaning *****. GEEZE.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Solid rankings

I haven't really heard much from connor and fiction though, who have they beaten recently?
Just curious.

Also Norcal and Socal are pretty evenly matched, except you guys have smashgod on your side

HairyNipples

Smash Apprentice
Where'd your killer mindset go? haha
One step at a time?!? Lol gotta be realistic with the goals. Good **** at FC btw me and rc weree super proud :).

And Johnny is correct. As a scrub I can vouche for the willingness of top PR players to set up days for friendlies and give advice on Waht to work on. (westballz,Johnny)

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master

Hmmmm, okay. I get what you're saying, though I don't really understand how I play like a *****. I don't doubt that I do but I'm not really sure what I'm doing that that makes me a ***** lol

And ya I'm working on the tech skill, and predictability

a rookie

Smash Ace
My only real goal is for people to not think of me as a free win.

#standards
You know I never thought you were a free win. Btw, our matches are getting shorter and shorter each time we play! Only means one thing.....we're getting better ;)

Btw, thank you to Sung, Wes, S2J, Baka, and Fly for considering/putting me up on the rankings T_T It's a Mario's(Not DOC) dream come true! Time to move up like a snail now :cool:

WestBallz

Smash Ace
We will update after the next tourney. Fly and i have traded sets the last 2 tournies, so the next one will probably be for that higher spot. Me sung and fly will talk about it at the next tourney. S2j wont be a panelist for the new update. Dont need a 4th

Top Bottom