• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Date: Double Tuesday

Dashiamo

Smash Cadet
What about this.. If Zamus can only come after final smash, and then the conversation introductes her after the final smash. Then does that mean that the final smash could be a cutscene, then after the cutscene there is another of the powersuit coming off. And then the conversation?

That's probably too complicated to understand but it makes sense in my head.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
What about this.. If Zamus can only come after final smash, and then the conversation introductes her after the final smash. Then does that mean that the final smash could be a cutscene, then after the cutscene there is another of the powersuit coming off. And then the conversation?

That's probably too complicated to understand but it makes sense in my head.
I really hope there aren't cutscenes in the middle of fights...

vinube

Smash Rookie
The Souuund!

Heey! Did Anyone Paid Atttention To The Souund!?
Its Th Best Smash Soud Os Far!!!
First In Smash 64 It Was Overput Like When You Hit Someone Was Like Bombing Their Bodies, It Was Cool And Gratificant Put Then In Meelee The Sound Of Hitting Someone Was Significally Turned Down, That Sucked, You Didnt Feel Like Taking The Hell Out Of A Foe When Kiking Him With Kirby Like The Previous Smahs, But Thisss!!!
In The Vidoe Shown Today We Can See That The Sound When You Hit Someoe Is Just Perfect Its Actually Deliciouuuss!!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Oh ****z.

Snake should be High tier material.

AND we know shield bubble is in the game again. But it seems like it has sound this time.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
todays update rockd, even people who didnt want snake in have to admit he rocks
sound was unbelieveble, the gameplay was briljant love thesound effects
snake eats yoshi, samus no clothes how could you not laugh

hope they bring more movies

and to bad otacon didnt say, offcourse yoshi is a boy he can throw good

Drake3

Smash Ace
Actually, now that I've done some testing, all of my examples fly that far at >100% except maybe Kirby's. I don't know, everyone just seems to fly further from the videos shown. *Probably imagining it*

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I'm still stoked about this update

Stage with walls? WIN
Humorous character-specific back-and-forths with Snake? WIN
4 videos? WIN

All of this in ONE update? ULTRA MEGA MEGA WIN!!!

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
OMG THIS UPDATE IS SO AWESOME!!! I laughed so much at the three clips :DDD

and man Snake is really awesome! =O I cant wait to fight against him with Falco! =D

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Also, the cutscenes are before the battle. That's the only thing that makes sense. That also does some HUGE damage to the "Zamus only available with Final Smash" nonsense

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
What about this.. If Zamus can only come after final smash, and then the conversation introductes her after the final smash.
Heey! Did Anyone Paid Atttention To The Souund!?
Its Th Best Smash Soud Os Far!!!
First In Smash 64 It Was Overput Like When You Hit Someone Was Like Bombing Their Bodies, It Was Cool And Gratificant Put Then In Meelee The Sound Of Hitting Someone Was Significally Turned Down, That Sucked, You Didnt Feel Like Taking The Hell Out Of A Foe When Kiking Him With Kirby Like The Previous Smahs, But Thisss!!!
In The Vidoe Shown Today We Can See That The Sound When You Hit Someoe Is Just Perfect Its Actually Deliciouuuss!!
This is golden.

Just like with the Halberd and Castle Siege, i'm happy to see non-cyclic stages. The Metal Gears are going to kick copious amounts of aѕѕ as Stage Hazards. Still, as much as i appreciate all this attention to snake, i also want to see more veteran updates, Kirby has been a little neglected on the site.

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
if we got no more updates for the rest of the week, yesterday and today's updates would still make this the best week ever as far as new updates are concerned.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. This has been announced to be the official end to the series, although they'll probably continue the series on the PSP with the Portable Ops spin offs.

And If you were not serious:

METAL GEAR WARIO: SONS OF B*TCHES.
With Metal Gear he actually meant Metal Gear, not Metal Gear game.

Also, Kojima did say that even though Solid Snake's saga has ended, Metal Gear can still go on without Kojima.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Also, the cutscenes are before the battle. That's the only thing that makes sense. That also does some HUGE damage to the "Zamus only available with Final Smash" nonsense
i beg to differ. i really think this is the same thing that Fox and Falco did in Melee on Corneria. just input a button sequence as Snake on Shadow Moses, and you get a bried codec scene. just a small gimick...and it'll probably only be performed once a match

Keta

Smash Journeyman
For people on the tornado dair topic:

I really don't think dair is going to be a tornado. If you watch the new video, when Mario lands from the tornado, he is still clearly doing the move, but there are spikes coming from the ground. Then when Snake does one of his aerial attacks, dark dust is thrown from the ground when he lands. I'm not near smash to check, but I'm pretty sure in melee special moves gave no animation from the ground upon landing. So, they could've just thrown in the spikey landing for them.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
i beg to differ. i really think this is the same thing that Fox and Falco did in Melee on Corneria. just input a button sequence as Snake on Shadow Moses, and you get a bried codec scene. just a small gimick...and it'll probably only be performed once a match

OR...

The prompt AUX will pop up like from MGS, and all available players must hit start to view.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
I swear, those sequences reminded me of the Metal Gear Awesome vids on newgrounds:laugh:

Too wicked. I liked Snake being in the game but, to me, he didn't look like a good character till now. I'm looking foward to trying him out.

I hope they release Sonic's info in a Snake clip.

To avoid repeating myself, I'll post what they might say in the "What would Snake do topic":psycho:

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I might try snake out once, but I have higher priority characters I'd rather main. Not to say Snake looks bad, but I'd rather stick to Ike, metaknight, and Marth/Ness if they return.

He looks good, the game looks good, 2 good updates in a row. I don't think anybody can complain too much right now.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
This was awsome. The things that stuck out in my mind was that it looked like Snake sorta had a neutral air kinda like C. Falcon, except it looked like 4 kicks in a row. I loved how when Mario ran into him, he grabbed and immediated did a Judo throw and dumped Mario on his head. That was awesome. He's got the sleeper hold, he's got the box of course... the cypher seems to move a decent distance. His standing A, A, A, is right out of the MGS game... his down smash with the mine looks like it takes a while cuz he was digging out a spot for it, that must mean that it's pretty powerful if he can't just quickly stick it on the floor. There isn't another character who's smash attacks take time, UNLESS that was snake "charging up" his smash. Maybe if you do it quickly, he plants it right away, but it's weak, and then if you charge it, he digs more and more and then it's more powerful. Just a thought.

Anyway, I wanted to point out something that I thought was important. A lot of you are saying that it looks slower than Melee. It could very well be, but you all have to remember to factor in two very important things. First, we're watching it on an embedded video on a website. No matter what, that's slower than the real gameplay. Second, by now we're used to seeing amazingly awesome people play Melee and L-cancel for EVERY landing, and combo the crap out of each other. The gameplay we're seeing has none of that. So IMHO, with both of those things in mind, I feel as though it'll be the same speed as melee, and those two factors are just making it seem slow to us.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
This means David Hayter know the final roster.....we must contact him!
Heh yep, but like all the other people working on the game... he's probably not allowed to say anything.

Anyways in 9 weeks we will have the game in our hands and should know the final roster line-up anyways. I personally can't wait... going to be awesome.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Anyway, I wanted to point out something that I thought was important. A lot of you are saying that it looks slower than Melee. It could very well be, but you all have to remember to factor in two very important things. First, we're watching it on an embedded video on a website. No matter what, that's slower than the real gameplay. Second, by now we're used to seeing amazingly awesome people play Melee and L-cancel for EVERY landing, and combo the crap out of each other. The gameplay we're seeing has none of that. So IMHO, with both of those things in mind, I feel as though it'll be the same speed as melee, and those two factors are just making it seem slow to us.
Exactly, im surprised a lot of ppl didnt realise that.:ohwell:

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Exactly, im surprised a lot of ppl didnt realise that.:ohwell:
I'm pretty sure they won't show all the advanced stuff. Hell, there's probably stuff in the game they don't even know yet, and one of us may find it.

Smash isn't only targeted to a tournament style playing audience. It's main goal is to have fun, and many players have fun just playing with their friends on every stage with items. They'll market it that way, maybe throw in a few advanced techniques for us to catch and go "OMG TECH!"

They're doing a good job of marketing this stuff. Speaking of marketing...

:prediction: Mother 3 Released stateside.

Who didn't see that one coming?

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
This idea revolves around two ifs, but...

IF Snake ends up being an unlockable character, and IF Snake saying "Kept you waiting, huh?" is indeed his character entrance, then that will be easily the coolest unlock fight ever.

We'd know he was in the game. We'd all want to use him. We all stay up until 6 in the morning trying to unlock him. Finally, the "New Challenger Approaching" screen appears. He lands, and the first thing he does is smirk at you and say "Kept you waiting, huh?"

God, he's such a BAMF.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
This idea revolves around two ifs, but...

IF Snake ends up being an unlockable character, and IF Snake saying "Kept you waiting, huh?" is indeed his character entrance, then that will be easily the coolest unlock fight ever.

We'd know he was in the game. We'd all want to use him. We all stay up until 6 in the morning trying to unlock him. Finally, the "New Challenger Approaching" screen appears. He lands, and the first thing he does is smirk at you and say "Kept you waiting, huh?"

God, he's such a BAMF.
And then you beat the hell out of him without taking a single damage. That's making him less awesome, huh? :laugh:

Smash Ace
exactly. assuming he's a secret character, I'm going to pwn him with Pikachu.
(show some Playstation fans that Pikachu pwns their icon.)

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
whoever talked about the sounds when hits land.... yes they sound awesome and they LOOK awesome too... collision detection its amazing having having put in the havok engine... melee clipped very often and some things just ddint click right with hit boxes and what not....

Puppet Master

Smash Cadet
that update was next to amazing! Snake, i must say, has risen in my mind. At first i didnt think he would fit in too well but after i saw the hurt he put on Mario...well... his status in question has definetly risen... he seems like a great melee fighter (not the game)

although...i'd rather/also like to see a video update on Ike or Fox

The Qu

Smash Apprentice
Did anybody else catch the quick shot of the baseball bat and Mr. Saturn? Guess that means there in. First post here!

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I would figure -assuming these conversations happen in a mode, and aren't just under some kind of character profile option- that Snake asking about Zero Suit Samus would occur after a battle with her. Kind of like the little baby cutscenes in Melee, like where you escape Brinstar and there's that clip of flying into Green Greens (if I'm even remembering that correctly - but you know what I mean!). I figure he'd face off with her, and then the cutscene.

Top Bottom