• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Date: Double Tuesday

Mars-

Smash Champion
From what I have seen, all the speed looks the same, I'm sorry if they don't show fox wave shining and **** like that that makes the game look faster.

As for the guy who said that it looks like they get hit further, ****, they probably put the characters at like 200% so they fly faster.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
um ...BUBBLESHEILD!!!!!!

lol thats the best part about this update for me...

good ole sakurai sneaking it in there so nonchalantly

i;m so glad they're confirmed

but serioulsy falks whats gonna happen with the wii remote when you wanna sheild? there's no touch sensitive buttons on that thing!!!!!!!----how do you adjust your sheild size!!?

freaking ********....

sheilds better still be adjustable!

Mars-

Smash Champion
um ...BUBBLESHEILD!!!!!!

lol thats the best part about this update for me...

good ole sakurai sneaking it in there so nonchalantly

i;m so glad they're confirmed

but serioulsy falks whats gonna happen with the wii remote when you wanna sheild? there's no touch sensitive buttons on that thing!!!!!!!----how do you adjust your sheild size!!?

freaking ********....

sheilds better still be adjustable!
There is an easy solution, don't use the wii mote.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
Snake is a funny mofo. This gaurantees him becoming one of my characters.

I'm really happy at having not only Snake's voice, but everyone's voices.

RatherDashing42

Smash Rookie
I don't think I can stress enough how amazingly sweet that update was. After Lucas yesterday, being a new character and all, I was expecting like an AT, or an item, or something more boring, but this was absolutly amazing. I've been wanting new gameplay vids for so long, and these did not dissapoint. As far as speed and such it looks pretty similar to Melee. I'm pretty sure Mario was infact on higher damage, cause he flew pretty far. Honestly, I had some doubts about Snake and his moveset, thinking he could be slow, clunky, and possibly awkward to use. After these vids, all those doubts have dissapeared, and I'm totally conident that Snake will be a fantastic character, though I probably won't use him as my main.i

There's one thing that's kinda confusing me, and sry if someone talked about this, cause I didn't read the whole thread, but, did Snake just snap Mario's neck? Like, as frickin awexome as it was, how would that work? It's not like that could be a way of killing Mario, cause that would kinda defeat the purpose of Smash Bros. Would it just like make him unconscious for some time or something?

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
In the video there was this thing where Snake was on the ground and electricity surged out of him while he said "I kept you waiting, huh?".
Could that possibly mean character entrances are back?

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
From what I have seen, all the speed looks the same, I'm sorry if they don't show fox wave shining and **** like that that makes the game look faster.

As for the guy who said that it looks like they get hit further, ****, they probably put the characters at like 200% so they fly faster.
Yea, i dont see why ppl expected them be be playing the game expert fast.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
That was the most kick *** update yet. If that's just the personality they've pumped into snake, imagine what they'll do for everyone else!

This game is going to amazing.
The sucky thing is... I doubt they will. lol. I mean, Snake's like the only one that's gonna talk... I guess. Nintendo's infamous for characters where "you are the character..."

Smash Ace
This update is made of:
50% win
45% pwnage
5% anything else that is cool
0% n00bism

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Heh. This stage just rocks. I haven't heard any of the Metal Gears because I don't pay attention on the games a lot so yeah, I'm patheic...not :p

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
I've been thinking and remember on Corneria where you would do left right left right with the D-Pad with Fox or Falco, then the Star Fox crew popped up. It could be like that.

Also, such an awesome Update. Snake is like the new Captain Falcon, except slower.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
The sucky thing is... I doubt they will. lol. I mean, Snake's like the only one that's gonna talk... I guess. Nintendo's infamous for characters where "you are the character..."
well Peach is also capable of having some Voice acting like Snake did (a good example would be in Super Mario Sunshine)
Mario, Wario and Luigi (if he's in) can as well...but it Would be kind of weird to hear them talk in Full Sentences...but cool though
All the Pokemon cept for PT: Subtitles (LOL)
Zelda: Possible...but Extremely Rare
Pit: maybe
Meta Knight: maybe
Samus: Finally she would have a voice XD
Kirby: he's too cute to actually Speak...well in full sentences that is XDD
Yoshi: Nope XD
Fox: IDK really
Lucas: IDK....maybe the same as Ness????
Link: uhmmmmm....still lots of Screaming???

ok srry that i got off topic (^^)v

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Awesome Update. I had some trouble with the videos loading though. Had to update my flash player.. but they still where slow to load. Not terribly slow.

I was kinda hoping we'd get a subspace intro for Snake, but seeing actual Game Play is cool. I figure this is the video they showed at Konami's thing at the TTS.

The other videos are hilarious. I really want to play in the MGS stage. Looks awesome.

Can't wait until December...

Talendime

Smash Ace
do the metal gears attack u?
One would imagine.

I can actually see them as being more like that lizard thing, kraid I think it's called, from the Brinstar Depths stage in melee..
Went very unnoticed by me.. actually..
Like, I never figured that he was the reason behind the stage turning upside down.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I have to say, I love the techno feel of the music played in Snake's character update. It feels more like Metal Gear Solid.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
OMG, was Sakurai Flarking Serious? Best Flarkin update ever. I mean that was the SHIZNITE! (Echo: Shiznite, Shiznite, shiznite!) I was flarkin ROTFLMAO when I heard about Frickin' Wario. This HAS to be in multiplayer too. They can do it at the begining of the match or something. Doesn't matter, it's seriously killer.
Oh, and Snake coming to Brawl just to bring Mario down is fairly tight too.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
What does everyone think the last Metal Gear will be?
Definitely something Nintendo related that Sakurai himself made (with or without the help and consent of Kojima).

Metal Gear RIDLEY?
Metal Gear KRAID?
Metal Gear BOWSER?
Metal Gear GANON?
Metal Gear ANDROSS?
Metal Gear PICHU?

EDIT:
I can see it now... "Metal Gear PICHU: Wrath of the Unloved Fighter"!

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
This update was bloomin' excellent. Gameplay footage really gave me a tingle of excitement, and the stage looks more amazing than I ever imagined. Your character does a shocked pose with the memorable '!' sound when they get caught in the spotlight too, I love it! Snake is so awsome.. XD

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
What does everyone think the last Metal Gear will be?
Definitely something Nintendo related that Sakurai himself made (with or without the help and consent of Kojima).

Metal Gear RIDLEY?
Metal Gear KRAID?
Metal Gear BOWSER?
Metal Gear GANON?
Metal Gear ANDROSS?
Metal Gear PICHU?

EDIT:
I can see it now... "Metal Gear PICHU: Wrath of the Unloved Fighter"!
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. This has been announced to be the official end to the series, although they'll probably continue the series on the PSP with the Portable Ops spin offs.

And If you were not serious:

METAL GEAR WARIO: SONS OF B*TCHES.

Top Bottom