• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Date: Double Tuesday

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
This probably WAS one of the best updates by far, if not for the gameplay footage alone.

Can anyone identify the music used in the first movie?? It would be interesting if they used it in the game, if you ask me...

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
With Snake, the whole time I'm thinking "David hayter, no wait not, oh yeah it is." Colonel, too.
Mei Ling is NOT the same though.

Also, did anyone else notice, WARIO ATE THE GRENADE! ZOMG!
Mei Ling's voice actor appears to be the same one from Twin Snakes, rather than the original MGS.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
it awesome i like it

the music in the trailer owned that the music wend the guards are chasing you rigth?

i wonder what he will say about PT

Izaw

Smash Ace
Snake

What the hell is that electric stuff in the beginning? o.O

Zero Suit Samus attack? Snakes Final Smash? A Pokemon AT? :/

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
What the hell is that electric stuff in the beginning? o.O

Zero Suit Samus attack? Snakes Final Smash? A Pokemon AT? :/
It's his landing from the beginning of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. "Kept you waiting, huh"
Which makes me wonder...
Character specific entrances CONFIRMED

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
I, too, am having problems re-watching them.

Either too much activity or maybe the sit is just acting up?

Edit: Never mind. Got it again.

Rocky

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
ROCK#450
Videos aren't working for me. I'll just check after school.

This update is great! I didn't really like Lucas...

Mars-

Smash Champion
Wow, stage looks cool, I'lll have to watch the videos when I get home. BTW, destuctable towers for the win, and first 1vs1 screen shots.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
best week update ever, the rest could be crap and i wouldnt care (but i hope there not :p)

hmm, kirby... snake... gernades... codec...
Snake: Colonel! That pink thing stole my bandana!

PIT_IS_BACK

Smash Journeyman
SICK NASTY UPDATE!!!

Time to start reviewing the trailer for hidden features.
We have sheilding, and did I see L-cancelling?
And I dare someone to tell me the Tornado isn't Mario's dAir now. Watch the video people.

Also, I LOVE that powerbomb Snake gives Mario. It looks like his bThrow. Sweeeeeet.
Snake doesn't look so "clunky" anymore now, huh? Still curious about that dSmash though. There's no way it's not his dB, it's too special looking to not be a special.
Powerbomb? I think thats a suplex :p

Drake3

Smash Ace
Wait...did we get two amazing updates in a row?! I'm probably still asleep aren't I.

Gameplay footage = awesome, although the game does seem a bit slower, and to me it seems easier to send people flying, like when Snake kicked Mario.

Metal Gear stage = awesome.

Extra clips = awesome and we've learned that Wario's bite poisons you, and he can..."fly".

Is that what Snake sounds like in the MGS games? It's strange, but it doesn't seem like it fits as well as I thought it would.

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
lol @ people saying the game looks slower.

It's not like you're going to see advanced movements in a simple promotional video, guys. The speed of simple movement and attacks seem fine to me.

And Drake3, how do you know Mario just wasn't at a high percentage? Assume much?

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
the electric thing snake does perhaps its a cutscene entrance for him or something during his storyline. otherwise entrances are coming back ilk be happy either way

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
(jaw drops straight to floor)

I LOVE THIS UPDATE!

anything about Snake, and i'm ecstatic, but we got 2, and one of them had gameplay footage! we got the confirmation that all those Shadow Moses pics were of one stage, and not just an indoor and outdoor version. the "!" appears there too! and Metal Gear come to attack! this stage can't get any better...but it does!! Mic, i don't think it'll be a part of single player at all. i think it's like Fox and Falco's easter egg. you input a button sequence, and the little codec scene will pop up. still, it's very nice to hear David Hayter as Snake. but we get the rest of the Metal Gear voice actors too? AWESOME!!

plus the trailer...ohhh. so much info! the possibile confirmation of character entrances returning, Snake in his box during a match, actually snapping Mario's neck! wait, did Mario sound like he had a different voice? they're not just using samples from Mario 64 anymore! and just seeing Snake in action...

if this week continues like it is...hell, these updates alone makes this week for me

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Awesome update, this week is already looking to be epic. Snake is just too awesome though, the more I see of him the more I actually want this game so I can main him. I really like how they've implemented him, and I can't wait to see other codec conversations regarding the other characters. Shadow Moses also looks amazing.

We also seem to learn a little about Wario's bite attack (possible B move?). And depending on when the Codec activates, it looks like there might be a way to actually start of as ZS Samus (I would've thought they'd happen at the start of the battle rather than during it personally, unless it's part of SE)

I'll also wonder if Snake's Time Paradox is a sign of entrances returning, though it does seem to be too cinematic for that:ohwell:

Conker1

Smash Ace
That was the most kick *** update yet. If that's just the personality they've pumped into snake, imagine what they'll do for everyone else!

This game is going to amazing.

ProudNintendofan

Smash Apprentice
I'm personally thinking that perhaps Snake's Japanese voice actor is doing the grunts while David Hayter is doing the cutscenes like the case was for Fox and Falco in Melee

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
the only thing that could come close to this update for me is ridley or sonic. and i don't see either happening anytime soon

Top Bottom