• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashville: Great Stage or Greatest Stage?!?!?!

I am Error 37

Smash Rookie
This stage has got to be my favorite. I like how the stage changes not only with time, but with season. I'll be playing this whenever I want a simple stage. You get an audience, and great scenery! Look out, Final Destination, you just became way more inactive.

Whut

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry but what the hell would a character from Animal Crossing be doing in a fighting game? AC is a game that has nothing to do with violence in any way; it's a game where you go through life as a weird animal-person mélange. There's no way in hell they will include a character from AC in Super Smash Bros Brawl, because it simply doesn't make sense.
Well, crazier things have happened. Mr. Game and Watch, anyone? :D

Anyway, Smashville seems like a fun stage to play in. Although the layout is simple, the little details make it so alluring. I'll definitely select this stage multiple times. To see the familiar faces of Animal Crossing and to be able to hear K.K. on Saturdays just makes me excited.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Minor update.

Also, seeing Solid Snake crawl around as Animal Crossing characters look on might be the greatest thing ever.
Ahh, i didn't even notice the constellations in the Excitebike update. Thanks for pointing that out, it's a nice additions! I love this stage more and more with each update.

malesretmit12

Smash Apprentice
This is the first stage I'll be playing on when I get the game. Animal Crossing owns little furry noob bunnies!!!!!one!!!!

But seriously, eveyone on this thread that says Animal Crossing is dumb, have you ever played it for a week? a month? a year? the game isn't meant to be amazing on one day, it's amazing on all days...

Crank down on the FPS's and Racing games, GOSH :p

NK Cyborg

Smash Cadet
I actually wanted an Animal Crossing stage since Melee. Before Melee came out, I came up with my own version of the stage and it did include the scenery changing to the time on the internal clock. You'd see your villagers and any special visitors if you had your memory card with the game inserted into the GCN, otherwise it'd be randomly generated villagers and town. Sakurai did a much better job on the stage than what I thought up. Even the name's better than mine, which was Animal Forest.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Wtf happened to this stage? a moving platform?!

I really hope in the future most stages stay neutral or counterpickable, the more stages, the merrier.

Palutena's Army

Smash Rookie
Smashville looks like it's gonna be a huge fan favorite. Especially with the great features like the "events" and internal clock....

NK Cyborg

Smash Cadet
Im gong around bumping and adding things to threads, but you just about have everything covered

That vidoe is not playing KK Rider (At least I don't think it was...)
I could barely hear the music and thought that they turned off the music for the stages at first. From what I was able to hear, it sounded a little like the tailors or 11am from Wild World. Remember, a lot of the stages will have at least 4 different songs. Go K.K. Rider! will be one of the choices we'll have for Smashville.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like Delfino Plaza more (my fav), then Castle Siege, and this is probably like my 3rd favorite confirmed stage thus far (competiting with Norfair, maybe Shadow Moses if it ends out good; maybe Mario Kart even). It looks great, but I like more spice in my stages, like Delfino Plaza!

:)

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
The stage looked great until I saw the one gameplay vid, where it showed the above platform moving across the stage quickly, much like Pokefloats. I'm not much of a fan of it anymore.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
The stage looked great until I saw the one gameplay vid, where it showed the above platform moving across the stage quickly, much like Pokefloats. I'm not much of a fan of it anymore.

I'm with Red Maniac, it's no biggie. I actually like it as it keeps thing a bit more interesting. If a platform slowly floating back and forth is too much for you, stick to Battlefield.

Wuss.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I'm with Red Maniac, it's no biggie. I actually like it as it keeps thing a bit more interesting. If a platform slowly floating back and forth is too much for you, stick to Battlefield.

Wuss.
D:

It would be fine, but IMO it moves across kind of fast... Like we can't even stand on it for more than 3 seconds before it goes away D:

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
D:

It would be fine, but IMO it moves across kind of fast... Like we can't even stand on it for more than 3 seconds before it goes away D:
You can stand on it while it's moving like any platform. In the vid I linked to Sonic was spinnigna round too fast to stay on. And it doesn't leave the screen, it just floats back and forth.

Sorry for calling you a wuss...

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
i might come off as mean but its amusing to read what some of you guys think of how this stage will be like. sorry for thinking practical but Nintendo is probally way too busy worrying about more important details than making ONE stage more detailed than say hmmmm home run contest??

i think the only details that they will have would be random AC character appearances even tho it doesnt make sense like seeing that guy selling turnumpts EVEN tho its not sunday!!! as for K.K. Slider would be the only acception because he's way too popular. other details would be like they confirmed an internal clock, but suprisingly enough NO THE SEASONS WONT CHANGE!!! remember this isnt Animal Crossing, this is Super Smash Bros Brawl. 1 detail i do luv is how the villagers in the background respond to what is happening in infront of them!!! i wonder how they will react to me abusing Peach or better yet Sonic!!! will they look in terror or aplaude with joy!!! :D

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
i don't knoe if your disagreeing with me or not but i never said smashville doesn't own, i can't wait to play that stage!!! but i just find it very unpractical to what some of you are considering about the stage.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
i don't knoe if your disagreeing with me or not but i never said smashville doesn't own, i can't wait to play that stage!!! but i just find it very unpractical to what some of you are considering about the stage.
Naw, I wasn't really responding to you. I was just speaking generally.

Incidently, it hasn't been confirmed whether the seasons will change according the the Wii's internal clock. But it very well might. I'd also be surprised if there weren't a few more K.K. Slider-esque moments that occur at specific times.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Lol, the moving platform had the opposite effect on me. I felt the stage was too similar to Yoshi's Island, in layout, with the platform being stationary, but now that I know it moves (not to mention the occassional item floating into the stage via balloon), I might actually play on this stage.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Lol, the moving platform had the opposite effect on me. I felt the stage was too similar to Yoshi's Island, in layout, with the platform being stationary, but now that I know it moves (not to mention the occassional item floating into the stage via balloon), I might actually play on this stage.
I rather like the moving flatform as well. Adds a little originality to an other standard stage (at least in terms of layout).

Why am I beggining to think no one is as enthusiastic about Smashville as I am?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I am, but it's an odd, quite enthusiasm.
Not. Good. Enough. To be a true Smashvillian, you must wear your heart on your sleave, proclaiming your love of this glorious stage to anyone and everyone who will listen. That way, all will know the pure unadulterate awesome that is Smashville!

Only thing I don't like about Smashville is the name. Everything else is just awesome.
I supose that's the name Sakurai gave HIS Animal Crossing Town. Though it would be pretty cool if the stage was compadible with Animal Crossing Wii and changed in name and appearance based on your save file...

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I assume that since the stage background has no effect on the actual gameplay, people in different timezones will see different backgrounds.

Reagrdless, this stage does indeed rock!
Yeah. Sakurai did say that Online play wouldent be dead on. if it dosent change depending on where you are. i'd imagine that it'd be where the host of the match is.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
This stage was my favorite, but went down a couple spots when I found out how the platform moves. Still a great-looking stage, but Delfino is my favorite now, which is weird, I hate moving stages.

Top Bottom