• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashville: Great Stage or Greatest Stage?!?!?!

Tujex

Smash Ace
Yeah, i think Smashville is going to be the stage I play on most...just so I can see all the backgrounds for it.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
this stage has beutiful scenery indeed, and I like the Tom Nook thing that's gonna be at 8p.m on saturday's which is probably why i'll enjoy playing on this stage

p.s- how will it work if two people online from different regions play at 8p.m?
Well, as I'm sure has been mentioned many times in this thread, the K.K. Slider Performance is purely aesthetic and audible - and doesn't affect the actual gameplay of the stage.

So if playing online, you'll see K.K. Slider if it's 8pm where you are. However, your foe may not necessarily.
It'll be pretty easy to incorporate. All the servers have to remember is the foe's position and movements on the platforms - not what's happening in their backgrounds.

Puffs

Smash Ace
It would be kind of cool if you could upload Town Data from your DS to have your own town displayed in the background.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I think they need more flat stages like this. IMO, the simpler the stage, the better. So far this is my favorite stage, not because it's based on AC and changes depending on the internal clock (although that is a nice touch), it's my favorite because of the simplicity. When I unlock the new Final Destination (because I assume it will be an unnanounced unlockable stage), that will then become my favorite stage. It's still nice to have variety in terms of different fall through platforms and ramps and stuff like that, but moving stages are kind of annoying.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I hate FD, it's TOO simple. Stages like Smashville are awesome because the platform changes the whole game.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Smashville the greastest stage? Pfft, yeah right guys. It was good and all until the Animal Crossing people had to show up and play actual music. I loathe Animal Crossing.....

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Smashville the greastest stage? Pfft, yeah right guys. It was good and all until the Animal Crossing people had to show up and play actual music. I loathe Animal Crossing.....
it's not like they affect the way the level plays. they just show up in the background. the way the level's set up is the only thing that actually matters cause it's the only thing that affects the gameplay.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
So if playing online, you'll see K.K. Slider if it's 8pm where you are. However, your foe may not necessarily.
It'll be pretty easy to incorporate. All the servers have to remember is the foe's position and movements on the platforms - not what's happening in their backgrounds.
Oh I see, thnx I guess I wasn't thinking straight :laugh:

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Check it out: today, the new music was revealed for (what is being called by some) the greatest stage in Super Smash Bros Brawl! I've posted a link in my original post, for thosewho are ultra lazy.

New question: great music or GREATEST music?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I swear the music was the only thing holding back from this stage being truely the greatest stage ever.

Now after today it WILL be the best stage there is. I just can't stop listening to that music! XD

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I like the song, it stays true to Animal Crossing without being too cartoony for a fighting game. I just wonder if it's going to be the standard background music or the music that plays on saturday at 8pm. It's named after K.K. Slider, so who knows...

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
It looks okay, a little boring though.

I hope Big Blue -the current greatest stage- returns.
Big Blue? That's an odd choice...

Personally (yeah, I know it's a lame, predictable choice) but my favorite Melee stage is Final Destination. My melee sessions are usually 50% FD, 50% everything else. Needless to say, my excitement for Smashville is fueled by the theory that it has the pure playability of FD with ultra awesome K.K Slider music.

Which could be the greatest thing ever.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
seriously, an Animal crossing character must appear, why? well why make a stage of a character not being in brawl,don't bring up the Fire emblem characters thingy, CHARACTERS ARE WAY DIFFERENT FROM STAGES!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I can see both sides of this debate. It's unprecidented to have a stage from a series with no playable character. Yet with Nook and the AC villagers confirmed as part of the non-playable background, there aren't alot of choices left. I think Ressetti would be pretty cool, but who knows?

At least Animal Crossing fans have a fantastic stage to enjoy, at the VERY least.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Have you noticed how the only picture that has Tom Nook in the background is the stage pic? He's not there in any actual gameplay pics, and the pic that he 's in isn't a gameplay pic because there aren't any players there. Meta Knight is standing there in the default Halberd pic, and he's still playable.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
It doesn't matter, they're both just stage pictures. Neither one is an actual gameply screen shot.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
This stage is probably the stage I've gotten the most curious about. The options are limitless.
Will season effects come into play such as winter's snow or the flowers of spring?
Will it rain, snow, fog, or any other weather condition (maybe even based on Forecast channel :))?
Will certain people or events come into play, such as Jingle for Christmas or Jack for Halloween?
Something on your birthday?
Will the characters on the stage interfere in any way? Easter Eggs such as the Fox/Falco thing on Corneria?
Can you get more of KK's songs from CDs? If so, will he play them Saturday @ 8?
Can the data from Animal Crossing on your GCN card or an upcoming AC game on the Wii influence the stage in any way?

I swear, any updates of this stage are almost as exciting for me as character confirmations :p

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
Certainly tied with Battlefield (what can I say? Looks and sounds epic) as my favorite stage currently on Dojo, yeah. Love the whole internal Wii clock aspect.

And yeah, like most, I'll definitely make sure to Brawl every Saturday at 8 PM there.

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
i do like the aniaml crossing thing and the colck but for the stage alone is averge but i do want to hear the dog sing

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
This stage is probably the stage I've gotten the most curious about. The options are limitless.
Will season effects come into play such as winter's snow or the flowers of spring?
Will it rain, snow, fog, or any other weather condition (maybe even based on Forecast channel :))?
Will certain people or events come into play, such as Jingle for Christmas or Jack for Halloween?
Something on your birthday?
Will the characters on the stage interfere in any way? Easter Eggs such as the Fox/Falco thing on Corneria?
Can you get more of KK's songs from CDs? If so, will he play them Saturday @ 8?
Can the data from Animal Crossing on your GCN card or an upcoming AC game on the Wii influence the stage in any way?

I swear, any updates of this stage are almost as exciting for me as character confirmations :p
100% agreed, sir. Those are superb ideas. Who thinks that Ressetti will yell at poor losers who reset their game in online matchups?

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, Smashville isn't my cup of tea, so I'm really not going to be playing there very often. I'm not saying it's a bad stage, but to me, it's a little bland. The layout is roughly the same as that of Yoshi's Island (I undersand they have their differences), with Yoshi's Island having the tilting platform and Support Ghost to change things up while Smashville is the same all the time, with the background the only change the stage has. It'll be good for competitive battles, but since I'm really not into that, I think I'll pass on this stage.

Conker1

Smash Ace
There will not be a character from Animal Crossing. I think the stage is what will represent the series. That's why there are so many cameos back there. No other stage is as detailed as Smashville, I really think the stage itself is meant to represent the series, rather than a character.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
May I just say that I am begining to feel resentful.

People love Ridley, the new Ridley thread is busting at the seams with posts. But, when you look at it, Ridly has less chance of getting in this thing than an AC rep. Ridley's got some music. And Winged characters. Wow, big finger pointers there./sarcasm. With an AC rep there's a stage, an item, and a song. Tons of points to an AC rep, yet people embrace Ridley and reject ACs? Why?

'Nuff said.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Not a bad idea. o_o How about connectivity between the DS and the Wii for it? Maybe the Mario Kart stage for it too and any other stage? Actually, what about the Animal Crossers in the background from your town? Or even the Human Animal Crosser for Brawl (not saying he/she is in) of YOUR own Animal Crosser from the DS? There's many stuff they can add. We'll just have to wait for a new update about it IF it has it... o_o

TheMightyDorf

Smash Rookie
Tons of points to an AC rep, yet people embrace Ridley and reject ACs? Why?
I'm sorry but what the hell would a character from Animal Crossing be doing in a fighting game? AC is a game that has nothing to do with violence in any way; it's a game where you go through life as a weird animal-person mélange. There's no way in hell they will include a character from AC in Super Smash Bros Brawl, because it simply doesn't make sense.

I think the best way to represent the series is with this stage. I like Animal Crossing, but I really don't see how anyone could believe that they will put a character from it into Brawl.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this stage. Until this one, I was starting to think that every single stage was gonna be one of those cruise-style stages where the arena switches every now and then, but I'm glad to see that there are still a few for if you just wanna have a nice fight (Battlefield, Yoshi's, and now Smashville). Gonna be one of my favourite stages for sure.

Hax

Smash Champion
100% agreed, sir. Those are superb ideas. Who thinks that Ressetti will yell at poor losers who reset their game in online matchups?
HAHA.. i know this is like a month late but that'd be ****ing awesome. lol :laugh:

ChronosMagnum

Smash Apprentice
I'm all up for ideas, but I think basically the whole topic post and everything on the site practically explained everything about it.

Top Bottom