• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashville: Great Stage or Greatest Stage?!?!?!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
...So, will this be a starter stage or unlockable?
I think that depends. First, Sakurai might be treating stages like characters and saving the unlockables for later.

But assuming that isn't the case momentarily, I'd say if there is an AC character, it's unlockable. If there is no AC character, it will be standard.

CodeRed

Smash Apprentice
It would be cool if they released the game with the ability to have your characters to come in from either your Animal Crossing: Wild World game, and/or eventually the Wii's Animal Crossing game.

Hong

The Strongest
I really hope Totaka's Song gets in somehow, in some shape or form. If you do not know what I'm talking about, please look at this reference: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eLMAgcGA8Dw
Interesting. I've heard it legitimately in four games in my entire life, but didn't know it was such an enigma. By the trend that's set, it'll probably be discovered in an awkward manner like "Use the name KK, grab onto a ledge on Smashville and pause the game for three minutes." Either that or K.K. Slider will just flat out sing it. xD

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
My favorite stage so far.So much fun,and simple too.No outside interference either.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Best. Stage. Ever.

Anyone else think this Stage is where Totoka's Song is Hidden? =\

TriforceJ

Smash Apprentice
I love the idea of an Animal Crossing stage, and I've even made peace with the fact that it's just one big platform and one floating one. After all, Animal Crossing is a simplistically-designed game, so it should make sense that the stage follows suit.

Still, I'm rather sick of this whole, "floating above the city" look that many of the revealed stages seem to have going for them. Why couldn't they just have the stage take place on land, rather than a giant platform hovering conspicuously in the sky? It's already like an outdoor café.

Hong

The Strongest
Didn't you people even look at my post?
I really hope Totaka's Song gets in somehow, in some shape or form. If you do not know what I'm talking about, please look at this reference: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eLMAgcGA8Dw
Interesting. I've heard it legitimately in four games in my entire life, but didn't know it was such an enigma. By the trend that's set, it'll probably be discovered in an awkward manner like "Use the name KK, grab onto a ledge on Smashville and pause the game for three minutes." Either that or K.K. Slider will just flat out sing it. xD
I did. D:

It's something I'm looking forward to.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

And people will finally realize after watching that video that K. K. Slider couldn't be a playable character, although you never know!
OMG I DIDN'T KNOW!!

this is actually apretty cool feature to put in the game!!
i wonder where they'll put it, hmmm.....................

wait 3 minutes and 50 seconds in the title screen and then the tune will start playing.:laugh:

i tried it in my Animal Crossing WW and it actually there!! it was scary first, LoL!!!:chuckle:

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
yeah if the song is in this game this level would be the perfect example, and also, about K.K.'s songs, i wonder if he will always play the same song, or will it change randomly

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
I love this level!!! Not an Animal Crossing fan,.. but the level's design is what the best part about it.

can't wait to play it!!!!!!

-QTP

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I love this level!!! Not an Animal Crossing fan,.. but the level's design is what the best part about it.

can't wait to play it!!!!!!

-QTP
It has the same level design as every other stage in this game except Konga Falls and a few more.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Greatest stage.

Seriously, Smashville rocks. Literally. KK Slider ftw.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
It has the same level design as every other stage in this game except Konga Falls and a few more.
Technically, no. Most stages thus far follow the time tested Battlefield formula of one decent sized floating platform with with 2 or more smaller platforms above it. This stage appears to have one large platform (about the size of FD) but with a single smaller platform above it.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Which isn't very interesting at all, the only reason I like this stage is because of the Animal Crossing theme and KK Slider doing music on Saterdays at 8pm.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well the stage itself isn't meant to be hectic. It's a peacful village, so its a peacful stage. The only thing that it really has, outside of the background, is that moving platform. =/

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Which isn't very interesting at all, the only reason I like this stage is because of the Animal Crossing theme and KK Slider doing music on Saterdays at 8pm.
One might say the same about Final Destination - and yet that is the most used stage in Melee. There are plenty of crazy, morphing stages (Castle Seige, Delfino Plasa, etc.) so I think it's great that there will be at least one stage where players can focus on the joy of fighting without all the craziness.

And yeah, the Animal Crossing theme rocks.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
What would be cool (although it would never happen) would be if K.K. would play a Animal-Crossingized version of the "winning character"'s theme song (you know, like the Mario theme if Mario is kicking some butt. Or the DK melody if DK is.)

Super Mario Universe

Smash Rookie
IMO, it will be a good stage. Great for tourneys, but the design may bore some in average fun play.

Looking forward to seeing what else happens at differnet times. I can't just be KK Slider!

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Bah. People can be so shallow about these stages. If the main platform isn't split in two and randomly exploding and the smaller splatforms are dissolving into a bunch of balls that fly around, the stage is 'the same as every other'. Ignore all the scenery, if the stage isn't shaped like a squiggly line or a circle it's not good.

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
What if, at Saturday at 8 PM, KK Slider came out and did his thang... and then would appear as a Newcomer, for the winning character to battle?

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
That is actually not a bad idea. That way K.K. could become a playable character? I love it.

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
I really don't like this stage. The layout is just too redundant, though the background and cameos are magnificent. I just want to see a stage not entirely composed of a large platform with smaller ones above it, whether they move or not.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
One might say the same about Final Destination - and yet that is the most used stage in Melee. There are plenty of crazy, morphing stages (Castle Seige, Delfino Plasa, etc.) so I think it's great that there will be at least one stage where players can focus on the joy of fighting without all the craziness.

And yeah, the Animal Crossing theme rocks.
I think you're missing the point. Final Destination is great and all, but I personally don't want all stages looking like that. They're great for tournaments, I suppose, but I want some more "out there" stages like Onett and such. You know, they are designed differently. They aren't just one huge platform with a few platforms above it.

Those kinds of stages like Onett are what I find fun. I don't care if there's some like Final Destination or Battlefield, we need some like that, of course. However I want some of the other kinds too. Most of the stages announced so far only fit the "Battlefield" structure of something similar.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I think you're missing the point. Final Destination is great and all, but I personally don't want all stages looking like that. They're great for tournaments, I suppose, but I want some more "out there" stages like Onett and such. You know, they are designed differently. They aren't just one huge platform with a few platforms above it.

Those kinds of stages like Onett are what I find fun. I don't care if there's some like Final Destination or Battlefield, we need some like that, of course. However I want some of the other kinds too. Most of the stages announced so far only fit the "Battlefield" structure of something similar.
There are plenty of crazy stages for you to enjoy. Castle Seige, Delfino Plasa, Mario Circuit and DK's stage all break the Battlefield mold. But obviously we need need tourney friendly stages as well. Don't fault Smashville for beng something it isn't.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
There are plenty of crazy stages for you to enjoy. Castle Seige, Delfino Plasa, Mario Circuit and DK's stage all break the Battlefield mold. But obviously we need need tourney friendly stages as well. Don't fault Smashville for beng something it isn't.
Your username speaks the truth.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
this stage has beutiful scenery indeed, and I like the Tom Nook thing that's gonna be at 8p.m on saturday's which is probably why i'll enjoy playing on this stage

p.s- how will it work if two people online from different regions play at 8p.m?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I never said we don't need any tournament friendly stages.

I am satisfied with Delfino Plaza and Castle Siege. I haven't see enough of Mario Circuit to judge it.

Also I have to ask, what am I faulting Smashville for that it isn't? A big platform with with a smaller platform above it... is it not that?

I would have rather had an Animal Crossing stage on the ground... but that's just my opinion.

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
i dont like the flat stages too much =/ and i dont care for animal crossing so this stage dosnt mean much to me. Stages like hyrule temple are the good ones XD

Top Bottom