• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashturbation! Melee. IT'S LIKE THE THING THAT JUST KEEPS DYING!!!!

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
i'll gladly help with brackets and such because im always running up and down anyway, whether it be pool captain or 2nd in command.

the only thing david should be doing is accually providing a place for the biweekly, that's more then enough on his part, we as the smash community should do everything else.

and if david really is gonna stop then we could always host it in the depths of hell (aka sauga)

Percon

Smash Lord
Hey... I'm from Niagara and am considering heading up there to play with you guys. I'm not too great or anything, but I'd like to participate in the upcoming biweeklies to get a taste of REAL competetive smash. I'm also starting to get too cocky for my own good, and need to get my balls handed to me. :p

Anyway... I'm not in the mood for rummaging through 100+ pages, so I'll just post all my questions/comments here...

Nov 3... sounds good, I can PROBABLY make it. You need me to notify you beforehand, correct (which is what I'm doing now)? I should know by tomorrow weather I can come for sure or not (need a ride).

Um... there are limits on how many people can come right? I'm just expecting me (mayyyybe 1 more person). I hope that's acceptable, I'm sure you were not planning on me wanting to join but I hope I'll be of little hinderance. If there's room for me, that is.

I... had more questions but I forgot. I hope you guys don't mind an outsider coming to play. Then again, if I for some reason can't, I'll be able to head up to TO by the end of Nov, for sure.

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
What the hell is a state

Also if we come to this im probably teaming with Ken

The only reason is to spite Rob for being a douchebag and leave him with no teammate

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
i like percons introduction, very well written, unlike all the other ones that have been coming in lately. Anyway, of COURSE there is room for you to come. Infact, we all encourage you to come and we all hope you can make it up to scarborough to play. I'm glad you're ready for your balls to be handed to you, it doesn't taste as bad that way.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
Then I volunteer Steve (to spite him for spiting me) and myself to be in charge of food runs. We'll take orders and go grab it all (probably just run to Wendy's?) and return to distribute. If we do this I'd suggest people pay in groups, so I only need to keep track of 5 groups of people's change (which the groups would then re-distribute amongst themselves based on who got what) instead of 20+ individual people's orders.

And I won't actually volunteer Steve without his consent... What do you think Steve? we could do this no prob eh? (lol remember when we discussed that fast-food delivery service idea last time? it was a prophecy, do it)

Sanu

Smash Champion
Like I told David that same night, I'm willing to help out with anything... except for offering my body. You have to earn it first, *****!

<_<... Anyways, I'm willing to help out with pools/brackets/collecting money/clean-up and other such things.

Edit: Oh rite, I'll be bringing a TV... possibly two if I manage to fix my other **** TV. It's been broken since Starfurry =(... **** you random peoples who broke my TV! *shakes fist*

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
11 am? Man, u guys wake up fricking early on saturday mornings... This thing happenin' at the same place?

So, bayview station, 53, to unit 20 at anderson?
11am for setup actual tourney starts at like 1:30.

also <3 Bernard and the rest of you for making my life easier ^_____^

I know tone doesn't transfer over the internet but this is really appreciated ^____^

D

Deleted member

lmao, i totally forgot i had footage to upload <_<
ill get right on that
rofl, i was wondering where those videos went

i'm not 100% sure i can come this week, but i'll try my best
if i do go, want me to come early and help set up again David? lol

iownu1337

Smash Rookie
It was fun last time i came. I think i may enter the tournament this week but ill see. I shoulda stayed longer but the power went out...why did it go out anyways?

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Then I volunteer Steve (to spite him for spiting me) and myself to be in charge of food runs. We'll take orders and go grab it all (probably just run to Wendy's?) and return to distribute. If we do this I'd suggest people pay in groups, so I only need to keep track of 5 groups of people's change (which the groups would then re-distribute amongst themselves based on who got what) instead of 20+ individual people's orders.

And I won't actually volunteer Steve without his consent... What do you think Steve? we could do this no prob eh? (lol remember when we discussed that fast-food delivery service idea last time? it was a prophecy, do it)
as long as you deal with the money issue i dont really mind

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Rawr.

I might come, I might not. It's on a Saturday right?
Hmm, girlfriend...or videogames....hmm.
lol pics?

Awwww, look how nice everyone is being. All cuddly wuddly..... :laugh:
I'll no doubt help out as always.

And yeah I'm employed, holding down the photo hut at Loblaw's!
Representin all my homies up in them pictures and sheeit.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Pics? Well, you could always just add me to msn =P .

I'll see if I can go to her house on Sunday instead. But this time I'm just going to come for friendlies.

McD

Smash Journeyman
Ill bring a Gamecube, Mem. Card, Smash, and POSSIBLY a cruddy tv (its a little dark, but easily still playable)

D

Deleted member

I don't think she'd want to come bro.
yo man don't you kno, it don't ****in' matta if she don't wanna come, she be comin n nnr gonna set her strait yo

meet ma man tgbx yo u ever been wit a man who cn shl to a shffl'd dair

yeeeee grrl u KNO u wanna ditch dat loserkid son

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
So it looks like I most def aint working.

Ya'llz better get ready. This tourny is looking good, hopefully its a proper sequel to the epicness that the last one was.
This time we WILL win doubles.

And for the love of god can we please do a crew match.

Edit: Falco is ready for dat *** desh. That ***** got a gun.....

Desh.

Smash Lord
fine bernard but like i said...in pr ...we get to cripple u severely first =/

lol jk..i need my moneys.

edit:
i wanna face nate again D=

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
yo man don't you kno, it don't ****in' matta if she don't wanna come, she be comin n nnr gonna set her strait yo

meet ma man tgbx yo u ever been wit a man who cn shl to a shffl'd dair

yeeeee grrl u KNO u wanna ditch dat loserkid son
Lulz, we gon' set da ***** strait yo styll.

err...

BRAMPTON NUBS OWE ME AND RYAN $10 APIECE.

Pay up or heads will roll kiddies. :)
I PAYED MY TEN DOLLARS BTW <3.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
I can handle the monies, Steve.

SO ATTENTION EVERYONE whos gonna want some Wendy's delivered to em, you're gonna be poolin' your money with other people so I have less change to worry about. Here's how it'll work.

Your group will hand me money in denominations of 20 so I don't get shortchanged (a good way to determine how much to give would be 20 bucks for every 2-3 people in your group, depending on what they're ordering).

I will buy your entire group's food on one order, and I will keep track of the change. I will then give the group back their change and their receipt, and it will be UP TO YOU (as a group) to determine who gets what amount of change and who owes who what, etc.

And then you can all proceed to enjoy a hot, delicious meal, done up how you want it, in the comfort of david's home, without having to take a long time or walk a long ways to get it.

I suggest planning who you want in your group beforehand. If you come to me just getting something for yourself, I'll put you in a group, so it'll be up to you to coordinate. So pick people you trust not to gip you. No need to tip the delivery guys, we aren't in it for the money. Steve has lots anyways. (Have you seen his car?)

AND DONT LEAVE YOU GARBAGE LYING AROUND DAVE'S HOUSE. That's a party foul, and it aint cool. If I'm feelin' nice I might come around with a garbage bag.

In other news, Dave, do you need me to bring a TV? I personally don't wanna carry it if we don't need it. But if its gonna be used and used well, I have no problem bringing the full TV/CUBE setup again.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I don't mind managing this at all, honestly. I enjoy the tournament work myself, If I had steady venues, honestly I'd be hosting tournaments every month.

But yeah David, told you countless times I would love to do the pools work, reg ****, setting times and what not.

Also, Mike I request you sort out the "getting out of losers bracket you need to win x games, and it's one giant set" I want to know how that works and if it's true. Aswell, lets try to have a set "eating/break" time. Last time our pool was the one with less TVs and as soon as TVs opened up, everyone decided to leave. Where as soon as our pool was done, everyone was back and were playing again (starting doubles). If it weren't for Dzenan packing lunches I woulda been ****ing pissed off. So let's try to aim for a specific time for lunch, this also could be used as a cool down period for the house (not so keen with electricity and how it works, but I know that helps).

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Oh that. Ok basically here's the confusion. When people come out of the Loser's Bracket at our stuff into Grand Finals we seem to do set #1... and after that, if the people from the LB win, we start a FRESH set.

It doesn't work like that. Grand Finals are best of 11. The people from Winner's Brackets are just up 3-0. When the people from the LB win 3 games before the WB folks win 3 it DOES NOT start a new set.

Example:
Team LB wins 2 games, Team WB wins 1 game, Team LB wins another game.
Normally what happens at our tournaments is that a new set is started. It doesn't work like it. The set would then 4-3 for the WB folks.

Where does this come from? It seems universal with most tournaments tbh. Watch the MLG stuff on Youtube. Ken vs. PC in the Anaheim set is the easy example of this. PC came from Loser's finals and won 3 games in the first "set" while Ken won 1. The set DIDN'T start new, it just went on with Ken up 4-3. The only thing that happens if the person from LB wins 3 games is that all the neutral stages open up again to be used.

A side note. If you've faced someone in brackets before Grand Finals normally that would count too. That worked with the MLG stuff cause it was all Bo5. So it was easy to expand to Bo11. The only case where this would be applicable to the standard tournament style is if the people who lost Winner's Finals come back for another go after winning Loser's Finals.
EX: Someone loses winner's finals 3-1. They then win loser's finals. They'd come back to Grand Finals down 3-1 in a Bo11.

homsar

Smash Ace
Ok, as long as I can get my ride to pick me up later (90%$ sure it will happen) me and McD are gonna be cleanup crew, so dont worry about that garbage rob. We gots it.

I wonder if any of my super secret training has actually helped me improve at all :)

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Ok, as long as I can get my ride to pick me up later (90%$ sure it will happen) me and McD are gonna be cleanup crew, so dont worry about that garbage rob. We gots it.

I wonder if any of my super secret training has actually helped me improve at all :)
Your Samus is still butt, along with your other characters. Yaaay, sounds like it's gonna be a big turnout. This is gudz.

McD

Smash Journeyman

super secret, you mean sitting in your basement with snacks while playing smash bros?
cause that is defidently not my super secret training

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Yeah, Tyler does it differently. He masturbates to get his tech skill up and starts playing Fox.

roflz. Are you guys gonna team up too? and are you two part of CoS?

Top Bottom